Why aren't my brownies done yet they've been in the oven for almost an hour and I followed the recipe almost exactly...

Why aren't my brownies done yet they've been in the oven for almost an hour and I followed the recipe almost exactly reeeeeeeeee

Attached: 1565558780234.jpg (635x665, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/cocoa-brownies-recipe-2085484
twitter.com/AnonBabble

did you preheat the oven...?
and why do you think they aren't done? have you poked them? they are supposed to be glossy on the top, they won't be rough looking like cake

this dude brownies

did you preheat you retard
Did you use chilled ingredients straight from the fridge or let them go to room tempature

Yes I preheated the oven to 300 degrees like it says
>and why do you think they aren't done?
When I poke it with a toothpick it's very clearly still liquid in the middle
I used the same size pan they said and everything, the recipe said 45 minutes but we're over an hour now
>Did you use chilled ingredients straight from the fridge or let them go to room tempature
I'd estimate they were a little bit chilled when I started mixing but by the time I finished I think the batter was room temp
They also dont have a glossy top, which I know they should have, did I fuck up?

probably, also your oven's temperature may not be accurate, get one of those thermostats you stick inside an oven

I'm no chef and can't really weigh in, just popped into say I hope you save your brownies, OP.

>probably
What causes the glossy top? Brownies I see always seem like they're more concave in shape, but mine are kinda puffy and convex in the pan, which I think is part of why no glossy top
>get one of those thermostats you stick inside an oven
Reeeeee I dont have one
I just wanted to make brownies for my friends dammit

Thank you user I really hope I do too

Okay bros I just took em out I havent tasted em yet but how do they look
Plz no bulli

Attached: 20190815_152942-1612x1209.jpg (1612x1209, 281K)

Looks pretty nice desu, how are they on the inside?

Attached: (Y).png (112x112, 17K)

I'm letting them cool a bit longer before I check! Toothpick came out mostly dry so fingers crossed they're still a bit moist inside ;-;

I came back and they flattened a bit and look a little shinier! I'm gonna see how they taste, does anybody wanna try one?

Attached: 20190815_155702-1612x1209.jpg (1612x1209, 258K)

Could have just bought a onahole if you wanted to stick your dick in something

AAAAAAAA YOU GUYS THEYRE STILL SO MOIST AND DELICIOUS
I CAN JUST SLIGHTLY TASTE THE MAPLE EXTRACT I ADDED TOO AAAAAAA

Attached: 20190815_155933-1209x1612.jpg (1209x1612, 230K)

For lewding my thread all you get is crumbs

Attached: 20190815_160133-1209x1612.jpg (1209x1612, 249K)

you did it user

original browny

Thanks to your moral support!

Now then, who wants a brownie!

Attached: 20190815_160443-1612x1209.jpg (1612x1209, 326K)

Well done, user!
Looks great!

Attached: 254010210648195073.png (128x112, 22K)

Thank you! I don't bake often but I'm trying to learn, I made these from scratch!

nice job chef user!

Attached: JPEG_20190507_211319.png (151x145, 13K)

Thank you dubs user!
Original comment

What's the recipe user? Might want to try to make one myself.

foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/cocoa-brownies-recipe-2085484

I tweaked it just a bit, I added an extra spoon of brown sugar to the white sugar cup because I prefer brown sugar. And I added a quarter teaspoon of maple extract
They're still very chocolatey and not too sweet but I think the maple adds the slightest tweak to the flavor in a good way

Attached: Screenshot_20190815-162810_Chrome.jpg (1080x1516, 448K)

Nice. I always add less sugar than the recipe says, because I don't like when things are too sweet. I also only add brown sugar, it's more healthy that way.

These actually didnt turn out too sweet, I expected a lot sweeter. I also normally use entirely brown sugar too but i thought the flavor would conflict too much with the cacao so i still used some white sugar to dilute it

Good luck user i hope they turn out well!

how were the brownies OP? you didn't eat them all yourself I hope

Isn't 300 kinda low for baking? My oven defaults to 325 when I turn it on. What recipe are you following?

Theres still 15 left of the 16 I cut. Maybe slightly less since my mom came home and had a part of one
I bagged up 12 of them to send to my frens, right now they're airing out so they're not TOO moist for the shipping.
I think they turned out pretty good, a lot better than I thought they'd be! They sort of melt in your mouth and are almost like a dark chocolate
Is it? I thought it was on the low end of normal, my oven defaults to 150 cause I think that's the lowest it can be
I posted the recipe here

>I think they turned out pretty good, a lot better than I thought they'd be! They sort of melt in your mouth and are almost like a dark chocolate
Sounds good. Wish I could try one lol

Come on over I've still got extras not reserved for others

Attached: AE9D4F190CD1447B870C916FF8565647.jpg (1535x2146, 680K)

Hey dude, I don't care if these brownies come out good or bad, keep cooking it's a really cool hobby

Thanks user! I really like to bake more than cook, my taste in savory foods is pretty boring but I looooove pastries. I might bake a cake next and make my own chocolate frosting desu

This thread is so wholesome

Good job user, they look really really good. I should get back into baking...

>Letting a cat or any animal in your refrigerator
Absolutely fucking disgusting. Kill yourself.

>brownies
How fat are you OP?

Thank you! You really should, its fulfilling
Not my picture I just like it. My cats go on the counter sometimes tho
Honestly pretty fat, but 75% arent even for me and my mom already had one of the 4 I saved