What happened to m00t?

>No update from his Twitter in years
>No update from his blog
>No update from his role at Google

There isn't a day that doesn't go by that I don't miss this guy.

He felt like an old childhood friend. We're both pretty much the same age. I grew up on this website. He managed to escape, I didn't.

Attached: tumblr_inline_pbdsztcdNt1qjw9ah_540.jpg (500x400, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

linkedin.com/in/christopher-poole/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

he knows about the botnet and avoids social media

Don't worry about it, she's very happy now.

He murdered epstein

He has a linkedin profile. He lives in Japan and works as a product manager at google.
linkedin.com/in/christopher-poole/

I can't imagine he's that excited to go back to living a public life after 11 years of answering questions to retards and otakus.

He has a private instagram too

What's on it?
origii

Last change seems to be him being made Product Manager of Hangouts. He must be on six figures.

Link it. Does he have a girlfriend now?

Attached: 1535469190583.png (1001x794, 974K)

I get the feeling with the fact Jow Forums has even more bad press around it these days he's probably embarassed to have it brought up that he was even associated with the site at one point. Remember when moot left us, he was living in some crummy apartment with a shared washing machine in New York. Now he actually has a well paying corporate job.

I wonder if he still remembers all the fun we had in the 00s going to stupid anime cons and doing stupid shit before it became insanely popular.

Attached: moot2.png (720x960, 1.37M)

He put away childish things. Kike's gonna kike.

They have no honor. All they see is dollar signs and political correctness. He probably changed his name if there's been literally no updates.

>profile isn't public or does not exist
Anyone wanna share screenshots?

I have a recent picture here:

Attached: Moot.jpg (717x960, 154K)

are*

>six figures
A faggot.

He mixes in genuinely high circles now, professional circles. It's highly unlikely he'd ever really want to meet with people from Jow Forums again. Remember that he said it caused him no end of exhaustion to deal with it towards the end. Constant calls from the FBI, threats etc.

I realize he cucked out somewhat, but I also try to put myself in his shoes. Have some empathy for the guy. I can't imagine the stress he had to deal with on a nearly constant basis. Shit must have really sucked. I just hope he can reflect on the time he spent here in a more positive way one day. He built something that was, at least for the first 5-10 years (at the most), really fucking cool.

If you ever happen upon this moot, I forgive you for asking my then e-gf to see her tits.

Attached: moot7.png (800x601, 653K)

>Decide to log back into AIM
>See Moot's old account there
>Still have the logs I had while chatting to him there somewhere too

Attached: kitten.jpg (360x450, 128K)

No, he reminds me of the shit school "friends" who literally abandons you the second school is finished.

It has nothing other than a list of his held job titles. He was advisor to Imgur's CEO for a while (no idea he held such a title) and advisor to GE (this one I have no idea about, I'm guessing it was something to do with social strategy). After that he was a Product Manager for Google+, then Google Maps, then in 2018, Google Hangouts. He lives in Tokyo. I'd guess his salary to be around $150,000.

>empathy
>a guy with no original site that he copy pasted
>had the gall to remove the loli board
>actually used to troll people
>in dept though over the site
>having the FBI calling you
He traded money for meaning you faggot. He only got more faggy as he got older. C*ck is a bad word to describe him. He's just a greedy kike and a coward.

>>If you ever happen upon this moot, I forgive you for asking my then e-gf to see her tits.

Giant fucking faggot you are too. Faggot enabler.

He stuck with Jow Forums for 12/13 years my nibba. It consumed basically all of his childhood and most of his 20s. You realize he basically never led a normal life, or got a normal education because of it? I'm not saying he didn't have a somewhat enviable position too, but again, I think you lack basic empathy.

>a guy with no original site that he copy pasted

He'd admit as much himself. He copied it. But it was still an innovative idea to bring to the western market.

>actually used to troll people

Good.

>in dept though over the site

Yeah, and the fact he stuck with it is a testament to his character. If you're happier with the Jap we have running the place at the moment I don't really know what to say to you.

>He traded money for meaning you faggot.

He was living a semi poverty tier existence in 2015. Anyone would have traded that for some job security.

I'm glad there are still people here with principle.

Attached: All Smiles.png (308x320, 78K)

Having said that, I do agree with you he reminds me of one of those people who is deeply ashamed of his old friends and cuts them off. Kinda stings.

>I think you lack basic empathy
That's quite an audacious statement when you literally don't know me. People are responsible for their creations and I have been abandoned many times in the past. Moot is more or less the same type of queer.

>Google+
Kek basically a stillborn
Interesting stuff tho... Thanks.

Slight mistake, he's PM of Google Maps now, not Hangouts.

Tell me about the times you've been abandoned, now I'm curious.

He doesn't like blogging. He's living the dream in Japan with a qtjpgf now. He finally made it. We're still trapped here though.

Attached: 1335509609080.gif (371x388, 3K)

I feel that all his normie co-workers should know who he truly is, it would bring pleasure if this place manages to fuck up his future. Call it karmic debt for abandoning everyone.

Attached: Cream.jpg (480x405, 26K)

Best thing moot did was delete Jow Forums
Worst thing was bringing it back

I miss him because he reminds me of a time in my life when I had less responsibilities.

how old is the faggot moot now?
over 30 for sure

They know who he is you fool.

Attached: mootandsomekike.png (865x477, 361K)

He's 31 I think?

Some user saw him in Shinjuku a few months ago but was too pussy to say hi.

I'll give one example as I want to lie down now. At the end of secondary school or highschool, a few people who I hung out with regularly took the advantage to abandon me. They would never reply to messages and phone calls would go straight to voicemail.

Attached: 1555334056627.jpg (250x250, 39K)

You're mad at him for getting a better job after being burned by this site numerous times? People from here literally stalked him and actively tried to fuck up his life. He was literally in debt because of this place and dealing with the FBI constantly. I don't blame him for moving on. The fact that you can't understand why he did it and how you choose to react to it says more about you than him.

Where else would we permavirgins go?

The weeb finally did it.
He got off of Jow Forums, moved to Japan, got a job. So long space cowboy.

One of the things that amazes me about moot, especially since the e-girl thing is now so massive, is that he probably could have slept with a shitload of girls from Jow Forums if he had really wanted to. Think about how fucking easy femanons/fembots are, so many girls on this site and this board in particular are. Think about how easy it is to hook up with one in your area if you're even a mildly good looking white dude.

Moot could have literally been rolling in BPD nerdy girl pussy until his 40s. That's no exaggeration either.

Attached: moot3.jpg (3264x2448, 1.85M)

>He was living a semi poverty tier existence in 2015.
Dude has rich and very well connected parents, what are you on about?

Cowboy Bepob is shit and I think he even got the quote wrong when he left.

Also, liking some nation's art doesn't mean you should want to invade them like a fucking faggot.

There's no evidence of that though, his parents are standard middle to upper middle class folks. Moot lived in a New York apartment block which was drafty and had a shared washroom for the entire block in 2015. That's a fact. Snacks, Shii and others will confirm it.

I understand why he did it, it's the fact that he never came back.

>fembot
Post hidden. Stopped reading.

This, there are no girls on the internet.

>He managed to escape,
You don't know that. He just quit managing the place, that doesn't mean he had to stop posting. By his own record, he was posting the whole time he admin'd, why would he stop?

You have to wonder if moot really "changed" at all or if he's just playing nice in public like most of us do.

I don't buy the idea he turned into some generic liberal, I don't think he's full on Jow Forums but he always vigorously defended online anonymity as necessary and vital. People forget about that.

The thing is, Moot isn't an engineer. He's kinda beholden to Google and upholding their party line to keep his admittedly comfy job because he can't just duck out and find another, equally high-paying, comfortable job. Google really is top of the food chain if you're in that racket.

>There's no evidence of that though
If you're retarded, sure. A string of higher and higher paying jobs just generally appears in someone's life when he's been making one unsuccessful startup after another and fucking around all his life with no education or real career or anything.

same. for me the world used to be a lot simpler

NOOOOOOO
Why?
What?

Somebody help him!

You guys talk like moot abandoned you, but it's more like Jow Forums abandoned moot. Or at least changed to the point that he wouldn't fit in anymore.

Back in its heyday this site was largely apolitical, just weebs fucking around being weird. There was a lot of anti-PC shock humor but it wasn't politicized then the same way it is now.

Once Jow Forums went mainstream and Jow Forums took over there's a more serious aggravated vibe to the site, not as many memes and absurdist stuff, and the shock humor is less socially acceptable and more associated with actual bigots who didn't recognize the ironic satirial aspects of old Jow Forums bigotry.

Basically, moot would just be called a cuck now by all the cucks here, even moreso in the past, and anyone he'd relate to has either been radicalized or more likely just moved on to adulthood or reddit or something.

He statusmaxxed through Jow Forums. He didn't get that job through connections. They just have tons of cash to throw around at ideas guys in the hopes that one of those ideas will pay off (if it does, then it will pay them back the payroll they've expended fifty-fold).

Lad what are you on about? He was a constant lurker in /sma/ on /soc/. Moot was just a huge beta.

I agree there's a more aggravated vibe (I've been defending moot in this thread), but I don't buy the idea it developed independently. Jow Forums's more aggressive tone is symptomatic of a culture that has itself become more aggressively anti-white.

>He was a constant lurker in /sma/ on /soc/

What's /sma/?

I'm basing this on my own experiences. I've fucked girls from Jow Forums and I'm not as good looking as him, nor do I have his status. If I can do, moot could have surely done it way more than me.

Sure, if that helps you cope I guess.

What am I meant to be coping about? The idea that his parents, neither of whom are software developers or have any connection to the tech industry, got him a job at Google is simply not very believable.

You don't think Google would hire a guy who managed a large social platform for numerous years? He is working as a project manager for their social network. I don't see how his parents got him that. He has also given Ted talks on the importance of anonymity and the evolution of Internet memes. So it's not like he was unknown before he got hired too. He was also time magazine's person of the year one year.
you're welcome, moot.

>got a well paying job in another country and is now an official tax-paying citizen
>invading them like a fucking faggot
what are you angry about anyway

I don't think he's a JP citizen, it's what, 8-10 year or something before you can apply right?

Why would he? He didn't even like making himself known when he did post and only used his tripcode when it was necessary to clear things up. Now that he's not in charge there's no reason for him to use it, so even if he did post you wouldn't ever know about it. That aside, it's normal and fine to grow out of things and social scenes, particularly ones like Jow Forums.

He's working on Google Maps now, although they're trying to introduce more social elements into that though. I guess he's working on that stuff.

Oh god I have been here for nearly 14 years now and even I was kinda late to the party.
Moot I miss you and I am ok with that you left.
Besides the shady shit Hiroyuki tried at first by changing some stuff around, I think we are ok for now.