College

Just moved into college. No friends. No motive to make any. Tell me why I should go seek one out.

Attached: icon.png (799x1024, 946K)

Yo shut the fuck up and go make friends you fucking cuck. I literally have no pity for you. You probably orbit cause u are so lonely.

You should seek out friends that think and have the same beliefs like you. It'll make your college life more lively. Some normies say join clubs and shit and go right on a head, but do your own thing that you're interested. Some people join clubs just to meet grills and not the interesting subject of the club. You don't have to make many but just enough of quality to meet new friends from friends, especially potential girlfriends. Have fun pham.
>Pic unrelated

Attached: 1564000837341.png (689x795, 67K)

You won't make it far in the professional world without contacts and connections. Even if you are able to make it on the merit of your own hard work and dedication, having a network makes things way easier. It's why a lot of people join frats. Yeah, it's paying for friends, but that investment can pay dividends later on, especially if it results in connections, letters of rec, internship opportunities, etc. Not saying you have to rush, but keep that in mind.

Socializing in college with all the normies is a shit experience, but making the effort to develop a network now will pay off when it really matters. Even if it's just bullshitting about the weather, you never know who someone you come across might know, the people they know might know, etc.

You might sperg out at first, but you'll get more comfortable over time. If public speaking and social interaction are a huge obstacle for you, I'd recommend seeing if your campus has a Toastmaster's group.

Don't worry. We're all gonna make it someday.

Attached: vbxykpsaw6f31.png (796x609, 560K)

inb4 redditspacingg

My advice is to not bother putting any time into finding friends. You'll be forced to meet people organically (to what extant varies depending on major). This is a great opportunity for you to develop as an individual so you aught to take advantage of it. You have the opportunity to be okay with loneliness which is a pretty great gift in my opinion. I went to college with some friends I had from highschool and I'm starting to regret it. I wish I went somewhere that I knew nobody so I could be fully anonymous.

I'm heading into my third year so I can toss you some more pointers if you want.

Attached: 1555860355637.jpg (124x111, 2K)

Just join clubs and shit for the networking opportunities. Friends don't matter and you shouldn't waste your time seeking out and building friendships thats are just gonna end when you graduate.

Decent point. As you move further along into your upper div coursework, you'll see people in your major a lot more often and you'll naturally come to collaborate with a lot of them.

If you're in third year, I'd probably start thinking about what you're gonna do after your graduate. If you're planning on grad school, think about who your letters of rec are going to be, GRE/MCAT/LSAT/study plans, etc. If you're going to look for a job, it never hurts to see what the job market looks like as well as what skills employers are looking for. I practically shat myself third year due to burnout and wasn't able to recover my senior year even though I killed it then simply because my grades tanked and I made no effort to get acquainted with faculty or industry reps. 'Twas a harsh lesson learned and now I'm struggling to find a job, but hopefully you don't make the same mistake.

Don't listen to the others, it's best to not make any friends learn to enjoy your solitude and just focus on your studies. Like seriously what good are friends for? talking about pointless shit and spending time with one another to cure the boredom? Fuck that, be alpha and endure this hell on your own it'll make you a better man

You're supposed to be an adult now, OP. Make your own decisions for once. Learn from your choices.

Join an intramural sports team even if you suck. Soccer is a good one that usually has a good amount of fit qts. You will also get more fit.

I've got a decent plan I think. I'm a /history/ major and I've managed to avoid burnout so far. I'm planning on teaching English in Korea or China for a few years before returning to Canada to get my teachers certification. From there I'll either head back abroad to teach in Canadian international schools or maybe I'll just stay in Canada. Regardless, teaching (at least in Canada) is a comfy job that pays well and has amazing benefits. All of that is, of course, if I don't kill myself first. We'll see how things go.

Attached: futurehome.jpg (1200x928, 299K)

Basketball is also pretty fun and you can shoot hoops by yourself at the gym if there's noone else to play with. If you're playing a full game, you'll also get in shape pretty quick.

>more friends for gaming, or whatever you're interested in
>help with schoolwork
>may help you get a job later on
>may help you get a gf/bf/partner

Attached: FB_IMG_1562314739604.jpg (720x743, 54K)

I didn't make friends in college, I don't really even want more friends since I already have a few good ones who I play games with sometimes.
Having more than that would be overwhelming for me.

Ah, you're from Canada. Here in Burgerland, unions take a chunk of your pay whilst you're forced to work unpaid time to prepare a constantly changing curriculum as well as pay for all your own school supplies.

Hey, if it's what you want to do and you have a plan that you think will practically work, then stick to it. That's a lot more than most people in school can say for themselves.

yea we've got unions that are kind of trash here too but at least we get proper compensation for the most part
>average $60,000 per year
>amazing pension
>around 2 months vacation per year
>full insurance coverage
>can work anywhere in the country
>paid to talk about a topic you enjoy
>pretty easy job if you can deal with some bullshit
>respected career (in Canada)

This is where I'm probably headed

Attached: 3f6e153267bf41c6fa774abb3f3f67ce.jpg (1400x795, 143K)

If you're gonna teach English abroad, don't be one of those dudes who goes home and drinks himself to sleep every night after work. It's a shitty way to spend your meager paycheck and you'd be wasting the huge opportunity to explore a foreign culture. I don't think you'd do that, though. You seem like you've got your head on straight desu

Yea that's a big problem with teacher expats afaik. My guess is that they do this because they're not used to the social isolation that comes from not speaking the language and not knowing how the society works. They just don't know how to be the new kid as an adult. Luckily for me, I've always been hyper-isolated so that part won't be upsetting to me. I also took 4 intensive Chinese courses as electives so my language skills are already better than most who teach abroad. Won't help too much if I don't got to PRC or Taiwan but whatever. I think more bots in university should look into teaching abroad for a few years. The only things you need are a bullshit online TEFL certificate (costs like $50 and takes less that 30 hours to complete) and a degree. Plus there's lots of cute Asian girls.
>manlet in home country? add +5 inches to your height if you're a white man is Asia.

Attached: 1565374125157.jpg (500x749, 112K)

>more bots in university should look into teaching abroad for a few years

That's true. The new experience might also be a good way for them to reinvent themselves if that's what their goal is.

what is ur major user?

Nothing will change unless you want to and make an effort

damn that gook has a nice ass i wanna smack the shit out of it

>be male
>be white
>be better than 4/10
>be 6'2+
>"please go to your nearest China, Taiwan, South Korea, or Japan to claim your nice ass child-bearing Asian wife"

Attached: qzJ4maP.jpg (600x877, 42K)

>Tell me why I should go seek one out
If you enjoy being by yourself forever then don't socialize and talk to people

You sound like Nietzsche. Are you Nietzsche?

Been there before OP.

Honestly, it's alright to find a clique that you don't really like then build from there.

If you're in a college town, or even if not I don't know, just find a group, join them at a house party, and build from there. Fail a bit without going too far (listen to all those trainings they give on drinking and shit), and just figure it out from there.

If you're in a college town, try and break into whatever party scene they have, if any. If not then mix and match different bits of advice to work with your situation. Don't give up or anything. You have more hope than most of the people here.