Anybody else here have a really strong fear of death? It's almost debilitating for me and it scares the fuck out of me...

Anybody else here have a really strong fear of death? It's almost debilitating for me and it scares the fuck out of me. How do people live knowing they will inexorably die?

Attached: 0cc.jpg (633x640, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

topdocumentaryfilms.com/day-i-died/
youtube.com/watch?v=LwyVFW9kT8k
youtube.com/watch?v=bw3oaNUR1iI
youtube.com/watch?v=59OOCGzd6fE
youtube.com/watch?v=mhANf60Y4Nk
vimeo.com/7464750
youtube.com/watch?v=WnoIf2NwaRY
youtube.com/watch?v=5or66dI6akU
youtube.com/watch?v=HaFuJr0IE5k
horizonresearch.org/Uploads/Journal_Resuscitation__2_.pdf
digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc799144/m2/1/high_res_d/vol21-no1-5.pdf
amazon.com/dp/159477451X/
amazon.com/dp/1594773564/
newforestcentre.info/uploads/7/5/7/2/7572906/science_and_the_afterlife_experience-_evidence_for.pdf
amazon.com/dp/0997560800/
amazon.com/dp/0826499236/
trans4mind.com/spiritual/Does-consciousness.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=07EYacr3rBg
youtube.com/watch?v=h0YtL5eiBYw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You are asking the wrong board. People here don't fear death, they crave it.

Don't stress out about it or you'll die sooner user, listen to some relaxing music.

>How do people live knowing they will inexorably die?
what the hell else are we supposed to do
retard

Dying has actually become a very comfortable, tantalizing thought for me. I fear being alive for a long period of time more than I do dying.

Attached: 1563844836853.jpg (460x460, 31K)

god why am I still laughing about this

Its not that bad to be dead .
My family suffering after me , thats a worse "feel" .

Attached: 1564500081958.png (1000x1000, 51K)

Two possibilities. Nothing, which means no experience, which means no emotions and no reason to fear. Something, which means you continue to experience in some capacity. Win win.

Fuck off Epicurus.

I don't really want to be alive but suicide is a scary thought.

I calm my fear of death hoping technology will improve significantly and I will be able to extend my life some decades by the time I'm older. I'm 19 now.

You can you be afraid of ultraparadise? Just because religions are demonstrably silly, it does not mean that materialism is true and that death implies oblivion. There is a tremendous amount of empirical evidence that suggests that our mind or consciousness continues past the point of physical death and that there is an infinitely amazing afterlife awaiting unconditionally around the corner of a ceased heartbeat for everyone.

Easily digestible tier:

topdocumentaryfilms.com/day-i-died/
youtube.com/watch?v=LwyVFW9kT8k
youtube.com/watch?v=bw3oaNUR1iI
youtube.com/watch?v=59OOCGzd6fE
youtube.com/watch?v=mhANf60Y4Nk
vimeo.com/7464750
youtube.com/watch?v=WnoIf2NwaRY
youtube.com/watch?v=5or66dI6akU
youtube.com/watch?v=HaFuJr0IE5k

World-leading research tier:

horizonresearch.org/Uploads/Journal_Resuscitation__2_.pdf
digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc799144/m2/1/high_res_d/vol21-no1-5.pdf
amazon.com/dp/159477451X/
amazon.com/dp/1594773564/
newforestcentre.info/uploads/7/5/7/2/7572906/science_and_the_afterlife_experience-_evidence_for.pdf
amazon.com/dp/0997560800/
amazon.com/dp/0826499236/
trans4mind.com/spiritual/Does-consciousness.pdf

In essence, the purpose of these lives is to learn to be an infinitely loving and kind person despite the fact that the world is demonstrably shitty and it is really hard to develop character here. But the person who is infinitely happy, kind, loving, accepting, and forgiving while they are being tortured, to take the ultimate example, will quite figuratively explode from happiness in heaven. So use your challenges as gifts to develop your character. After all, you had the multiverse as your smorgasbord while you were still in paradise, and yet you chose this life; being this character, in this society, in this world.

Attached: 1563744496506.jpg (680x912, 111K)

The worst part is I believe in God and an afterlife but I know he will send me to hell just for browsing this website alone, also i'm lazy af and can't even read without skimming the bible, I want to turn to Jesus but I suck at commitment and continue to be a dumb monkey with no self control and discipline

We're all alive for now, let's make the most of it
do things you love
listen to music you love
help others

Some people are comforted by the fact that everyone will have to eventually do it, even if we all do it at different times.

You could kill your family to spare them the pain. Even though the thought sickens me. Imagine carrying your weight and bringing a brat in this world only to get your life taken from said brat, even though you gave an arm and a leg for the upbringing.

Personally, I'd wait it out until they leave this world, pretending to be ok and then do whatever I want. But, even this has failed miserably. My suffering is their suffering and I'm nowhere near "success" to even deceive them to make them feel better.

This whole world is shit and I wish I wasn't bullied and treated like crap all over my life. All the good stuff lasted too little and came too late. And now I'm 27 and can't shake the feeling that my life was wasted.

it wasn't wasted user, you're still living it.
you can still fulfill your dreams

and you need to get help if you're getting thoughts about killing people.

Yes ever since I was a kid I've been terrified of what happens to you after death. Do I just cease to exist. If I die and don't exist anymore doesn't that mean my version of the universe will completely disappear from existence. Is there nothing but a thoughtless black void waiting for me in death? I find the prospect of ceasing to exist extremely terrifying

eben alexander got shat on in this debate. if hes alone hes smart enough to fool you into believing all sorts of horseshit, but in a debate hes a joke

i strongly believe in god, but at the same time i think its very likely that death truly is the end. when your ideas are put under scrutiny they fall flat

youtube.com/watch?v=h0YtL5eiBYw

heres the official sources, my bad

also, can i ask you, are you vegan?

Believe it or not, this wasn't my thought. I said that to some depressed person once and she said "why would I wait and not just take them with me?"

As for death, I think I'm suicidal but I'm quite afraid of death. Sometimes I want to hope there's something beyond this life, but I know there isn't. Even the word "darkness" isn't enough to describe it. Death has no qualities other than the fact that it isn't life. But, everything is "life", so death is all that's left.

With everything shitty about it, I still can't help the thought that I'll miss the good people I've met in this world, those who carry my helpful words (if I uttered any) in their minds. I know what it's like to miss a dead person and I don't want the people I value to suffer from that. Sometimes I even think that it's selfish to want to be remembered and that perhaps it would be best if they forgot. Don't know.

I don't scared by the big off switch. Imo the current universe is one of infinite cycles and our special code gets scrambled into shiny new things everytime. Hopefully you won't become a dust mite or something lame like that tho

Yeah, it's worth staying living. You can always see what the future holds.

It just means you have something to live for/something to lose. It's usually the people who feel as though they have nothing or that their life is suffering that they no longer fear it and even welcome it. Once the dread of everyday life overtake the fear of death, it is no longer a scary prospect.

What helps me is knowing that when Im dead, I wont even know it.

Yeah, fear of death is quite natural, but what's important is to get what you can out of life. Don't give up on it user. Much love.