How comfy is it having a girlfriend, normal fag anons? Doesn't it get old being with the same person after a while...

How comfy is it having a girlfriend, normal fag anons? Doesn't it get old being with the same person after a while? I imagine it must be incredible at first but the novelty wears off after a few months and you start to feel like you're locked to a ball and a chain because you lose a lot of freedom and have to share your time.

Attached: tenor.gif (498x280, 865K)

Other urls found in this thread:

refinery29.com/en-us/2017/01/137440/divorce-rate-in-america-statistics
divorcesource.com/ds/main/u-s-divorce-rates-and-statistics-1037.shtml
thoughtcatalog.com/daniel-hayes/2015/05/38-inescapable-statistical-facts-about-sex-and-relationships/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's exciting in the beginning. Then, as you say, the novelty wears off. That's when you become like family, but family that wants to cuddle and kiss and have sex. If you ever feel trapped in a relationship, then that relationship isn't working and changes need to be made.

I had one for 6 years I loved her more then anything. I enjoyed spending my time with her never felt like I lost any freedom I miss her more then anything I never referred to her as a ball and chain. It was the only time in my life I was happy. Im literally dead inside now and I will never love again.

What happened?

Yes that's true for me, but that's prolly because I'm damaged and not the norm.

Lust wears off after 6 months. Then you either both work towards love, respect and trust or end your relationship and look elsewhere.

Or be mentally ill and become so attached and clingy towards each other that you spend 24/7 every single day as your parents feed your NEET lifestyle out of guilt, accepting that you both will be failures forever, but at least you're not killing yourselves because they feel responsible for turning you into this mess. You just drag each other down as you're both afraid to improve because it might be hard and you're "protecting" your loved one from hardship, but in reality youre both comfortable in being complete wastes of human space. So you spend your whole existence in low maintenance mode while cuddling in bed all day and ignoring the entire world by not having a job, higher education, friends, social life or anything else besides one another until the saying "you" or "me" loses meaning. You can't really tell each other apart because you have zero and want zero personal space and the idea of being separate for even 10minutes brings you into a panic attack so much so you can't even shower, go to the bathroom or spend time in a separate room so what the other does you have to do as well or occupy the same space in eye contact range...Ya'know?

Sounds better than what I've got going now.

She left me when I asked her to marry me. She didnt think I had a future at the job I was working.

What happen to you and to her now? Did you find someone? How bout her?

Ill take what hes having

I got insanely depressed quit my job because I couldnt get out of bed anymore. It broke my heart so bad. I havnt even tried to talk to another girl. I basically became an alcoholic neet with her gone. She is engaged now only after 6 months. The dude is even more of a fucking loser then I was at the time. I dont understand how she moved on so quickly.

She stays with you for 6 years to ruin your life at the end

Maybe the guy works at the big company

Only bad relationships will feel like a ball and chain. A good marriage is the most comfy feeling imaginable.

>Then, as you say, the novelty wears off. That's when you become like family, but family that wants to cuddle and kiss and have sex. I
>the novelty wears off but it doesnt wear off and you want to cuddle and kiss and have sex with them

I wish I werent a broken person

Attached: chernobyl_paul_ritter_as_anatoly_dyatlov_1236061.jpg (640x360, 25K)

Pretty much I bought her a car paid her rent the whole time we were together and payed off her college loans. I dropped out of school to support us. I was so much in love with her I did everything to provide I sacrificed everything all for her to break my heart.

By "novelty", I suppose I mean you no longer feel a thrill when you think about them/meet up with them. You move into a more comfortable, easy state of mind, and actually their absence may even cause distress.

there's a reason "ball and chain" has been used to describe relationships for nearly a century or more. if you want to be serious about a relationship you basically have to give up the life that you know and conform to what your partner wants. It takes incredible discipline to live your life that way, especially knowing that it's not guaranteed to work out in the end. I suppose it's worth it if your partner's desires will lead to a better life in the long term, but these days that's generally not the case and you will just be taken advantage of. There is nothing wrong with being picky about your love, there is no sense to locking yourself in a commitment you are unhappy with.

She followed her heart op. People leave because they dont see your worth anymore. In her heart it is all about successful, not you and what you did. She wants to have a successful life.She left you because she don't see your worth anymore and her with you in that successful life. She found a guy that will fullful her fantasy. She's a selfish bitch

Stand up and show her that she's wrong. Go try to find someone who's better than her but never ever forget the lesson you got from your past

so she used you to settle her problems, which leaves you being a beta orbiter cuck hahaha and you're sad that this is over? dude you got lucky that you didnt get divorce raped or have to pay childhood alimony, unlike the other guy lol

be glad man. rise above, focus on science

you're a white knight cuck

so fucking true. to anybody reading this: a relationship is never worth it.

and anybody who disagrees, was never in a relationship. if you defend relationships, you're just larping and pretending to know what you're talking about.

a relationship requires work, you will be rewarded with sex initially. eventually novelty kicks in and both of you will end up working on the relationship without any reward.

its bullshit dont waste your time

>my reality is the absolute truth
>your experiences are wrong, only mine are correct and there are no exceptions
Based

no man, dont make the same mistake again. learn to be happy alone and have sex when the opportunity arises. otherwise focus on your life, it's hard enough as it is

pfft tell that to the 60% of marriages that fail and the 90% of all relationships that fail.

I'm not appealing to my subjective experience here, I'm appealing to the truth and the data.

Post the data and sources. Sounds interesting.

mhhm there is so much lol. if you wanna see the data, it's pretty much googling "divorce statistics in xyz" (xyz being whatever country you want to look up. And check the first google scholar result.

secondly, there is no data on the 90% of relationships that dont work out. just look at any relationship, it will most likely end up in a break up.

if it doesn't end in a break up, it doesn't mean that the people in the relationship are happy (like your/my parents?).

and rumor has it that there are actually some happy couples, like 0.001% of all relationships where the initial fun has worn off.

if anybody reading this, wants to achieve that 0.001%... good luck you'll be wasting a shitload of time money and effort. And that still doesnt secure the positive result.

100% of people die, that means life is objectively and statistically pointless, as per "the data", right?

>data says 90% of relationships dont work out
>uhhh actually there is no data that says that, just look around
Okay. Ill keep an eye out. Thanks for the info user.

Spending so much time with anyone will bore you eventually. If you are into having a relationship this something you can't avoid. To manage that feeling you have to give each other space and time to do things individually. It also helps if you guys live separately and don't see each other everyday but if you move in with each other you have to learn to be happy just being in each others presence.

T. National health statistics report

Attached: probabilityofdivorce.jpg (720x1496, 628K)

>Okay. Ill keep an eye out. Thanks for the info user.
I'm not that guy, but seriously, how the fuck can you be so dense?
It's widely acknowledged that half of marriages end in divorce.
And most people have several failed relationships before marriage. And some people never get married and hop around from boy to boy/girl to girl all their life.
I obviously can't confirm the 90% either, but the number of relationships that fail are obviously much, much higher than the number of marriages that fail, and 90 seems like a perfectly reasonable number.
Maybe it's 80? Maybe it's 95? Maybe its 87.4123455, but it's obviously way more than half and no more than 100%.

>phoneposting
>9gag
Yikes

>actually their absence may even cause distress.
Been living with gf for 2 and a half years. I have no friends besides her.
Love her to death but goddamnit we never meet anyone else

How do i fix this?

Not him, but life ends no matter what you do, whereas relationships can theoretically last until death. Furthermore, a relationship is a connection between two people, whereas life is just a thing that happens to you. So a relationship is much more personal and depends upon your love for another person. So going into a relationship and having it end means that that connection is now broken, usually ending in a shitty way. So going into life knowing that it will end is not pointless, but going into a relationship knowing it will end is pointless.

>Normies telling robots how bland and stressful it is to be in a relationship, but would never trade that for social and mental isolation, social ineptitude, virgin past 21+, inexperience with the opposite sex

shut up

ive only ever been in one long term relationship. my current gf and i have been going out for 3 and a half years. yea the honeymoon phase where we saw each other every single day has ended but thats just because we know we each have things to do and other people to see sometimes. we still spend lots of time together and it hasnt gotten old or boring. i guess it's because we're in love and can feel comfortable with each other as well as feel that same fiery lust/passion for each other at times. our relationship also doesnt feel monotonous because we try new things all the time and every time we revisit an old favorite spot we have new things to talk about or do. its hard to describe through word i guess and i would have had a hard time believing long term couples dont get bored before but it really boils down to love and compatibility

that is exactly what I'm saying with "just look around"

the truth literally hits you in the face

Heres the actual data and actual stats instead of
>dude trust me
If you need help understabding this, just ask.

Attached: imrs.jpg (480x405, 35K)

yes your assumption is 100% correct, objectively life is meaningless

hahaha damn that's right

nice black and white thinking there, so it's either a shit relationship or social isolation and NO in between... brainlet

focus on science, rise above

Based 9gager actually dropping statistics. Seems the first few years are a firewall of sorts.

80% of divorces in the us are initiated by the woman.

as they age and have less dick thrown at them, they accept their faith. now its time to find a provider.

but love is real when you're older, am I right guys?

Attached: u78XAEq.jpg (614x514, 56K)

Don't worry she will fix this by meeting other men one day

damn that must've hurt^^

>80% of divorces in the us are initiated by the woman.
good
>as they age and have less dick thrown at them, they accept their faith. now its time to find a provider.
eh, depends on the woman, most young women simply aren't old enough for you to tinfoil insane conclusions about how they'll hit the wall, cock carasole, beta providers, yada yada yada
but I'm sure just telling you that isn't enough and no matter what I say you'll insist women are evil and out to get you
>but love is real when you're older, am I right guys?
didn't you morons spend the past few years making fun of women who want cheesy romance novel relationships and now you're conspiring about how women want endless dick, divorce men, and look for a provider?

Do you have any comments on the % of marriages and relationships that failed? I thought that was our subject.

That has got to be the stupidest fucking shit ive read in a week. Holy fuck user. Everything ends and not always pleasantly. Any high will run down. No relationship ends when you die, because unless you commit a double suicide or someshit, one of you has got to live on. That means coping with the loss and moving on to new partners like with any other end of a relationship. But dont forget we humans were made to love, get heartbroken and love again til we rot. If youre too jaded or pussy to pursue a relationship theb so be it, but srop trying to portray that decision as inevitable or somehow logically justified (worse yet, statistically).

>He thinks his precious delicate flower will exclusively duck his dick for all eternity
>He thinks she never look at other men in the street and feel something between her legs

Attached: IMG_9888.jpg (320x320, 8K)

so you're saying that women dont ride the carousel and hit the wall? what else do think they're doing?
e.G. everyone becomes old and unattractive, therefore hits the wall. that's the process of aging?

I'm willing to be open minded but I doubt you can prove any evidence that women dont do that?

not sure what you're saying about the romance novels etc. yes we made fun of them and yes they're looking for providers once dick is not thrown at them anymore. me saying that love is real when you're old, was ironic.

If you were in a relationship, you would never find other women hot?

Attached: 1487512212234.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

You have 3 years before the murder her instinct kicks in.

especially since it's an anti social couple haha. he won't be the one gaining new "friends"

So, if we do the math, the chance of a straight unmarried relationship surviving for three years is:
>(1-0.7)*(1-0.45)*(1-0.25) = 12.375%
So 90% ish of relationships break up within three years.
Funny how that came pretty close to the number the guy already claimed just from using common sense.
It's almost as if most of this is self-evident, and that complex research is not necessary to figure out that water is wet.
Also, for marriage, if we assume a yearly break up chance of three percent, which is pretty much what the chart shows, (1-0.03)^20= 54%. So roughly half of marriages end within 20 years. Again, this is what we have been saying all along

No retard. "Objevtively" we feel pleasure. "Objectively" youre afraid of dying. "Objectively" youll exert all your physical strength to stop me from strangling your virgin self. Stop trying to pretend being smart and philosophical when justifying being a lazy sack of shit who hasnt ever opened a book on philosophy and yet will try and lecture "normies" on the "objective" pointlesness of life. Eat a bag of cocks and die.

>we humans were made to love, get heartbroken and love again til we rot
This is what normalfags actually believe. Not everyone is a fucking mutt retard nigger like you.

>too pussy to pursue a relationship

look at this badass here pursuing relationships damn what a badass

I wish I was you, wasting all this time and money on cumdumpsters so badass

you will never get divorce raped mr alpha Male!

>so you're saying that women dont ride the carousel and hit the wall? what else do think they're doing?
depends on the woman, me and the women I know are all in LTRs
>everyone becomes old and unattractive, therefore hits the wall. that's the process of aging
jesus. what's your obsession with the wall trump? I mock the whole wall obsession because it's funny how you incels spaz out about the wall, case in point.
>I'm willing to be open minded but I doubt you can prove any evidence that women dont do that?
I never said women don't age or hoe around, it just depends on the woman. you can draw your own conclusion by meeting women in real life but I doubt you'd care to do that
>not sure what you're saying about the romance novels etc.
twilight and shit like that, making fun of women for watching romantic chic flicks, how women who saved themselves for marriage were considered boring and uptight, how women who wanted LTRs were considered basic. Now that women have a more variety of the type of relationships they want y'all are shitting yourself and act as if women are conspiring against you

Yes, some are losers who will do anything they can to justify remaining in a pool of their own shit because they cant dare to admit it stinks.

inb4 dropping bomb shells

okaaay jumping to a lot of conclusions here.
if your life is so meaningful why are debating a virgin incel on an image board? or is it that you subconsciously accepted the objective truth and hope to win debates here to validate your utopian points of view?

>pool of stinky shit
>loving someone
I don't get it. You do realize you're just anti-monogamy right? It's not that relationships suck, it's just you. Every day with someone you love is great, even on bad days.

No you completely misunderstood the graph. Paint me surprised. The graph says nothing of rates of divorce. It only shows which year the relationships were in at the break up time. The overall break up rates could be 90%, 99% or 1% and with the right composition it wouldnt reflect on that graph. Stupid lazy ass motherfuckers preaching those around them, trying to pull everyone down to their level so they could cope better. Pathetic, really.

What have you done this month that you can say made anything better in your life?

This was an interesting read
refinery29.com/en-us/2017/01/137440/divorce-rate-in-america-statistics

Attached: marriage.png (354x333, 16K)

I think you unferstood that post
backwards.

This is a better writeup user and less memery bullshit.
divorcesource.com/ds/main/u-s-divorce-rates-and-statistics-1037.shtml

Im here cause i made a thread on another topic. Thought id stroll by the entire board.

In a few hours im on a date with a 7/10. But ill prolly blow it like everything else. Starting on monday im working for twice the national average pay. End of august back to uni. I dont have it all together but im trying. Sad to see someone try and come up with all that (super pseudo) philosophy and "science" to just keep being miserable. Is it really harder to swallow your ego and admit youre a fuckup rather than live a life of eventual regret on the deathbed, when your shit ks stripped off you and you cant fool yourself anymore?

>No you completely misunderstood the graph. Paint me surprised.
jesus fuck. You are the one who doesn't understand.
Your graph clearly shows that between 2% and 4% of straight marriages break up every year. That's a divorce.
So if there's a 3 percent chance of divorcing every year, there's obviously a (1-0.03)^20 = 54% chance that the marriage DOESN'T break up in the first twenty years.
Same for the relationships. Just because there's a 25% chance of breaking up IN year 3, you still have to take into account the chance of breaking up in the years before that to get the right number of relationships that break up IN THREE YEARS OR LESS.
Get off my board, kid. You are clearly in elementary school if you don't understand this.

you're basically proposing "not all women are like that". but you dont know whether your and your friends ltrs will end. And you may say "well break ups happen and it's normal etc".
I agree that break ups are no big deal, but look at all the people completely ruining their lives with love:
- moving across the country for the other person (wasting a shitload of time and money)
- spending time with that person instead of education or health (for example insurance prices go up which also increases my costs)
- divorce rape-> single moms -> welfare -> higher taxes
- chlidhood alimony rape
- the list goes on and on...

I have no fucking clue what youre on about with the twilight and romance novel shit. I never said anything about it, must've been something in your subjective experience...so I'm not wasting my time answering to that bullshit

stop being a white knight cuck

Based source bros.

Attached: The-State-of-Divorce-in-2018-NEW-4.png (800x2000, 175K)

>It only shows which year the relationships were in at the break up time.
No it doesn't, wtf. It shows what percentage of relationships end for each year of the relationship. It clearly says "annual break-up rate"

a 7 ou...out of 10?! damn hes so cool and twice the average pay wow man sick bro

I wish I was like that here is all the validation (especially female validation, the one that you crave the most you pussy beggar)

I'm not even gona state anything about my life, since needn't convince anyone about my results, unlike you

>but you dont know whether your and your friends ltrs will end. And you may say "well break ups happen and it's normal etc".
and you don't know what will happen either, that's the point. Nobody knows
>moving across the country for the other person (wasting a shitload of time and money)
only wasted if you breakup, also everyone moves, worst case scenario you're in a new city, just make sure it's convenient just in case a break up happens
>spending time with that person instead of education or health (for example insurance prices go up which also increases my costs)
I have a long term boyfriend and still have time for college and sports practice and a job, you literally have to try if you have no time for health and education while having a relationship
>divorce rape-> single moms -> welfare -> higher taxes
>alimony rape
lmao this paranoia, maybe spend less time on incel forums and more in real life, single moms aren't out to get you

>I have no fucking clue what youre on about with the twilight and romance novel shit. I never said anything about it
I never said you did, I'm saying it's funny how women always are in the wrong no matter what we want, we're always mocked

>with the advent of social media and speed dating platforms like tinder people value relationships less and barely hold it together for over a month
Wow, i'm shocked. Who could of seen that coming?

Okay, I wasn't sure who was being referred to as wanting to be in the stinky shit pool.

thoughtcatalog.com/daniel-hayes/2015/05/38-inescapable-statistical-facts-about-sex-and-relationships/

aww always mocked huh? I'm a woman and such a victim reee help me

well your relationship and your friends relationship will most likely result in break ups. And even if they dont that doesnt mean you/they will be happy in relationships.

also divorce rape etc. can still occur in your guys' relationships even 20 years down the road, which proves my point about most relationships ending to begin with.

>moving is only wasteful when you break up
that is most likely going to happen sooo...dont do it.

hahah "paranoia". you're an adult, learn some economics god dammit. the connections between the stated situations are not hard, it's really simple.

you're probably an art major so that's too much for you, please go back to the kitchen where you belong

Why do so many people itt write as if they're from reddit?

You cant just pick your own data points and add them up. So year 1 is 70% and then year 1.1 is 69% anf we add them up? It doesnt work like that, youll get above 100% break up rates that way. Learn to read statistics fuckwit

Whoah you dont have to be so harsh, youll make me cry that way

>I'm a woman and such a victim reee help me
my point exactly
>well your relationship and your friends relationship will most likely result in break ups. And even if they dont that doesnt mean you/they will be happy in relationships.
you're just bitter, unless you're a fortune teller I don''t want to hear it
>also divorce rape etc. can still occur in your guys' relationships even 20 years down the road, which proves my point about most relationships ending to begin with.
again with how ebul wimminz are out to get you tinfoiling
>that is most likely going to happen sooo...dont do it.
if you wanna avoid living life out of paranoia that's your problem
>hahah "paranoia". you're an adult, learn some economics god dammit. the connections between the stated situations are not hard, it's really simple.
explain
>you're probably an art major so that's too much for you, please go back to the kitchen where you belong
more tinfoiling (and also false ones)
can't even tinfoil right so how am I suppose to trust you?

why does anybody GIVE A FUCK

>you lose a lot of freedom
Please further explain this concept to me

and not a single argument was presented

>write in multiple sentences with different trains of thought
>reddit
If you can't handle more than 150 characters you should go to twitter.

Ironic, because you're probably the one posting as if you're on reddit or twitter. Stop making a new line paragraph paragraph every 1 or 2 sentences, because that's exactly what those places do.

there would be if there was one I was replying to, I'm not even trying to argue, I'm pointing out how the biggest issue with you is the fact your arguments rely on tinfoiling, almost everything you've said was some "y-you're gonna break up, hit the wall, waste time and divorce rape!" bullshit, not based on reality or any good reason to believe this

>>(1-0.7)*(1-0.45)*(1-0.25) = 12.375%
Might want to recheck that math.

>implying those posts are mine
>implying meme arrowing someone and replying to their statement is bad

That math is correct tho.

>RIP in pieces
go back to r/greentext

>So year 1 is 70% and then year 1.1 is 69% anf we add them up?
Year 1.1 doesn't exist. It's the annual break up rate, so we can only use each year. And we don't add them up, we fucking multiply them.
>youll get above 100% break up rates that way
We are not adding. That's why you are wrong. you have completely misunderstood the graph.
Read my lips: IT SHOWS THE ANNUAL RISK OF BREAK UP, BY YEAR OF RELATIONSHIP
You seem to believe it shows the distribution of when confirmed broken up relationships ended. With that completely wrong understanding, it makes sense to add them up to 100%, because more than 100% of relationships can't break up. That's not what it shows. It shows the chance of a relationship of a certain age breaking up that year.
70% of all relationships can end in their first year. And 45% of all 2 year old relationships can end in their second year.
Adding them together to 115% makes no sense, because all the failed first year relationships have already been removed from the data by the second year.
I can lose 70% of my money this year. And I can lose 45% of my money next year. Does that mean I have lost 115% of all my money? Of course not, because adding them together makes no sense. Go back to school. Or just please read the actual graph. Especially the part that clearly says
>annual risk of break-up, by year of relationship

pls look at divorce statistics

I hate to break it to you user but something was off with story and I couldn't quite place my finger on it until this post. Why would she leave you because of your job being beneath you? When A. You could change your job or B. She could have supported you and helped you find a better one. No person could hate their partners job enough that they're willing to sacrifice a 6 year relationship unless their partner was fucking dudes for money.

Answer: She was cheating on you/ talking to this guy whilst she was still with you. It got to the point where she needed an excuse to end things so she could be with the guy guilt free and your job was the perfect one.

I'm sorry user but her actions aren't a reflection of you or your self worth. I recommend you take up lifting to not only improve your health but also gives you time to heal mentally and emotionally by switching off your brain. Join a class or club for something you are interested in and just focus on enjoying your hobby.

By doing the above you give yourself the time and space to heal, improve and grow.

the divorce statistics don't show how likely me, an individual is likely to divorce

also according to divorce rates have been on the decline since 1980, they also don't add in factors that make divorce more or less likely

anyway letting statistics run your life is pathetic, even if you're swearing up and down every single person in a relationship is gonna break up when divorce stats aren't even that high. that's retarded. live for once

well most marriages still end up in divorce, it doesnt matter how they developed since the 80s.

yeah I'm not going to ruin my life with your hedonistic degeneracy.

>12% chance of success
That's waaaaaaaaay bigger than I imagined. I now have hope. All I have to do is survive the first 2 years or so and it's easy life.

Attached: 1565549976823.png (840x1120, 725K)

>well most marriages still end up in divorce, it doesnt matter how they developed since the 80s.
>it says divorce rate declined since the 80s, which 40% was the peak
>doesn't matter
>most marriages end in divorce
>stats tho!!!
lmao

>yeah I'm not going to ruin my life with your hedonistic degeneracy.
oh honey I'm not worried about your life, I'm actually happy if a paranoid loon like you stays the fuck away from women

>relationship studies
>social studies in general
>sample sizes under 5 digits
>sometimes the sample sizes are only some local college with a triple digit participant count and a high drop-off rate
>Rosenfeld
>~4k participants
wow

Attached: shimashita.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

>you lose a lot of freedom
ok why do people complain about this? like what great freedom are you losing by being in a relationship? what would you have done (other than fuck other people) otherwise?

I already cheated on 7 girls and fucked 20 hahah man I love treating women like shit, let's take their rights away!