Reminder to hit the gym tonight

Reminder to hit the gym tonight

Attached: gym.jpg (1200x700, 128K)

>Reminder only true bots gymcel at 11PM-5AM

Attached: 1538791171537.jpg (960x837, 60K)

I do mate, every single week

Cant have to finish cleaning my apartment and moving the last few things. Then I'll start working out again tomorrow if I can get my home get shit set up tonight

hit that gym bro youre awesome bro

Attached: 5awrtwb309f31.jpg (800x800, 93K)

My gym closes at 6pm wtf am I supposed to do?

break in user. or you can wait like a normal person

Attached: 1561809659423.gif (215x194, 339K)

Its sunday and I went in yesterday

Sunday is my holy day. Also I think I squated too hard because my right testicle is swollen. Means some piss got into my cum factory.

Alright that's it, please some smart user give me the absolute cliffs to get swole, specially upper body I have wide hips and gain mass easily in my legs (manlet genes).
I've literally lifted like 10 weights in my life, I've only done cardio sports and martial arts recently but never hit the gym properly because I'm always tired (this will change soon I'm cutting down on Muay Thai hours next month).
I don't mind starting like an absolute newfag dyel piece of shit, but I need what's the better method and routine available atm.

yeah just keep lifting weights until someone loves you

meanwhile chad dicks down women just from his good natural muscular genetics every night while you lift.

give me more gymmemes! they make my brain give me Dopamin

Attached: Screenshot_20190624012105_01.jpg (1080x1049, 153K)

Hardly an expert, but it should be a matter of caloric surplus or deficit (depending on if you're gaining or losing weight) and lifting.
Genes/metabolism/whatever are all memes. Just stay consistent with exercise or diet. Jow Forums has some go-to beginner programs

3 days a week.
Fix your diet.
Do your sets.
Dont push your limit, just get somewhat near it

I have chronic nerve issues and have become extremely sedentary over the last several years to avoid pain while exercising. Now I'm so out of shape that walking for 20 minutes leaves me limping. My circulation is shit and it hurts to stand for extended periods of time, what do

Right on. I always go between 2 and 3 to avoid Chads and Stacies. There's only one other guy there because apparently he finishes work at that time. He's a big Maori guy who's pretty friendly and gives me advice and encouragement.
I'll condense everything I've learned so far into bulletpoints
>download myfitnesspal
>set it to "active" and "gain 0.25kg per week" or whatever the pound equivalent is (losing fat while also gaining muscle without doing steroids will be very difficult and suboptimal)
>try to match your calorie goal every day
>eat one gram of protein for every pound of your bodyweight (or two for every kg)
>eat a full meal with carbs 2-3 hours before your workout
>buy some creatine and whey protein
>drink the creatine 30 minutes before your workout
>drink half of the whey immediately after your workout and the rest 20 minutes later for optimal absorption (whey goes through your body very fast, and you can't break it down into amino acids quickly enough if you drink the whole 30 grams at once)
>eat some carbs immediately after workout
>stay away from sugar and that includes soda and fruit juice
>stay away from alcohol
>take zinc, magnesium and fish oil (look for fish oil with a lot of EPA and DHA, I recommend at least 1000 mg of each per day but some fish oil products will only have useless amounts like 120 or 180)
>do deadlifts, overhead presses, bench presses, lat pulldowns and squats (do squats like once every three workouts if you're scared of getting a big butt, do deadlifts like 3 out of every 4 workouts)
>always do a warmup set of 10 reps of an easier weight, and then three sets of 4-8 reps
>try to achieve muscle failure or at least form failure, look into it
>rest 3 minutes between every set, this is optimal for blood glucose, muscle ATP recovery and oxygenation
>rest 48 hours between workouts
>sleep 7-9 hours every day
>try to increase your weights every time you workout, you'll see crazy progress at first

Attached: Screenshot_20190723-164847_Samsung Internet.jpg (1359x1553, 644K)

Ive been going 5 days out of the week for 9 months with at least 3 weeks of downtime during the summer so far this is it. Any tips?

Attached: 9 months.2.jpg (1980x1704, 672K)

all I got are these apus fren

Attached: 1526013320703.jpg (1056x1320, 239K)

to add
>research proper form and common mistakes (safety first) there's tons of videos and they all say the same thing watch it at 1.5 speed for easier consumption
>do dynamic stretching before working out and static stretching after
>get a beginners workout routine there's tons online and you'll see results regardless of routine if your a noob
>Bro split routine if you constantly go to the gym Full body routine if you are inconsistent
>Push yourself and don't pussy out I have seen guys that go everyday but rarely brake a sweat and make no progress vs guys that go inconsistently (miss 1 or 2 days a week) but always push hard make crazy gains
>if you are following proper form and using modest weights no one will notice you so don't worry about drawing attention
>if you are using shit form and weights you clearly can't lift people will laugh at you behind your back
>if you are using proper form and heavy weights people will mire the attention is unavoidable

Attached: 1550365013672.jpg (1617x865, 467K)

I started a home routine from Jow Forums
I got dumbells and a dip bar. I'm gonna continue for a bit, but at some point I should try an actual gym. I'm a total noob, how should I start? get a private instructor?

FUCK i wish i could go to the gym but every time i lift weights after work it just keeps me awake too late

and i'm a genetic night owl so waking up super early is too much.

i just want to go back to being NEET. i was NEET for a year and i went to the gym 3-4x each week. it was the best life

now i'm a wagie again and i just can't justify doing anything that will lengthen my lifespan

I back already.
Man it really sucks. I've been going to the gym for 5-6 years and I'm STILL a fat fuck because I love eating so much.

private instructors are not needed for a noob. Go to Jow Forums I think they have a link to a lot of good information about starting this stuff. good luck

I have been sick so I haven't been in the gym for 3 days feelsbadman all my gains are gone

I dunno man, I'd feel retarded trying to use all the equipment on my own to start with and not knowing when I'm fucking up. I'm bad at learning new things, not to mention the potential injury.

best way to train abs??

Attached: 1564964819578.jpg (807x654, 84K)

But I went yesterday user and did cardio today (PB). If I went to the gym again I would be overtraining.

>Getting strong to impress girls

Simply club the attractive male over the head with a large stick and then drag stacy off into a cave.

I have exceptional lower body genetics but kind of shit upper body ones. Not much to it you just have to keep at it. The more you do it the more you learn and the easier it gets to put on upper body mass even if you quit and then get back into it later.

A lot of upper body lifts have surprisingly tricky form so don't overestimate yourself. A lot of upper body lifts also require a stable core (tight abs + butt) in order to generate the power needed.

I basically just ignore the "Do squats 3x5 3x a week and deads too or you will be forever small because muh anabolic response" advice. I do a lot less SQUATZ and a lot more calf work and dynamic lifts. I think it makes my legs more athletic and flexible and it works better to assist with running.

Fitness instructors can be absolutely retarded or absolute gods. Generally you will save time over the DIY route and will have somebody else to double check form. It's not a crazy investment if you have the money I don't really know why people are so opposed to it.

Attached: image-asset.jpg (250x250, 17K)

>and i'm a genetic night owl so waking up super early is too much.

If you're a genetic night owl than working out early will make you less of one you just need to not be a bitch.

i tried that multiple times. i can never keep up with it and i get no gains because i just feel like utter shit in the morning

i've been going to doctors too, because i'm desperate to fix this. i'm on my 3rd round of sleep drugs which still don't work. it tortures me in more ways than not being able to lift, believe me

>If you're a genetic night owl than working out early will make you less of one

that's exactly not how genetics work dude

I've gone through decades of insomnia good luck user. You might want to focus on one issue at a time though. If you can tackle the insomnia the gains will happen naturally because you'll have more rest time to build muscle. If you can tackle the exercise better sleep tends to come naturally... but you can't do it later than afternoon.

>the virgin workout
that guy is better than 95% of humanity desu

>insomnia
that's actually not what it is, unfortunately

it's like "delayed sleep phase syndrome" or "societal jet lag"

my sleep is perfect, it's actually extremely great. the issue is my body isn't ready to sleep until around midnight to 2am. and i have to wake up at 6 for my wageslaving

i didnt like that one user

Attached: cant.jpg (500x500, 103K)

theres no gene for being a nightowl. he just needs a better sleeping pattern.

Sure it is. Genetics are a baseline. You can adjust this baseline by adjusting your behaviour.

I've had lifetime insomnia problems but I've also been able to get waking up at 4am to become such a routine that I did it naturally without having to set an alarm even if I only started sleeping 5 hours ago. Now in order to get to this point I suffered through actual severe depression and suicidal urges but in the long run these sacrifices were worth it as I started being able to afford things that made the insomnia better. Better food, workout equipment at home, standing desk, better bed, I went as far as to move into a larger home where I could keep my bed and my computer in seperate rooms to improve sleep hygiene. I bought good and pricy food and got a LOT of exercise like 6/week short duration. Over the last 6 months my average sleep duration has improved by about an hour and the stability of how much I sleep has improved.

Yeah again I've had this problem... and more recently waking up in the middle of the night, and also being unable to sleep more than a few hours, and a whole bunch of fucked shit. The DSPS was hilarious when I was full neet I would legitimately just keep pushing my sleep schedule further and further backwards and my wakeup time would basically go around the entire clock and loop back around.

I've also used a lot of weed for sleep but the science doesn't support that this actually works especially long term. Edibles seem to work a bit better...

I will say that sleep is very strongly connected to overall health. You can print out all the sleep hygiene guides you want and follow all the memes you want but often the reason you sleep shitty is because you just have shitty health in general and your body is all fucked up. If you're living a healthier life with less stress you'll sleep better it's pretty simple in a way.

sure there is, certain alleles on the hPer3 (human period 3) gene and CRY1 gene. this has been scientifically proven, whether or not you want to accept it or not

do you believe there is such a thing as a 'morning bird'? if so, you must acknowledge also there there are people who are not morning birds

>still can't find a routine I like

Attached: 1552031395967.jpg (800x800, 66K)

don't forget the warrior gene
it's science
heh
idiot
j/k bro

>You can adjust this baseline by adjusting your behaviour.

what did i do wrong specifically?
just waking up early to an alarm doesn't seem to change my sleep pattern. same with avoiding all blue lights

> I've also been able to get waking up at 4am to become such a routine that I did it naturally without having to set an alarm even if I only started sleeping 5 hours ago
3 months of waking up at 6 am every day for work doesn't seem to have worked for me.

friday-saturday i slept 16 hours, and last night i slept 12

my weekends are basically all sleep and my week days are just sleep deprivation due to work

>I've also used a lot of weed for sleep
weed keeps me awake, i used to use it to stay up really late. i don't do any drugs anymore

>I will say that sleep is very strongly connected to overall health. You can print out all the sleep hygiene guides you want and follow all the memes you want but often the reason you sleep shitty is because you just have shitty health in general and your body is all fucked up. If you're living a healthier life with less stress you'll sleep better it's pretty simple in a way.
yeah i used to sleep great when i was a NEET but i had no alarm

now i sleep like shit because i am a wagie. i take vitamins and eat healthy though

it's just annoying the doctors have given me THREE sleep pills and they all fucking suck ass. i just want a sleep-on-command pill

yeah it's funny even though this has been the source of most of my misery for years and doctors appear totally incapable of helping

and everyone just says 'lol be less lazy'

every single weekday i wake up and feel like absolute shit, and i know if i just turned off my alarm, laid down again, and woke up naturally i would feel great

i've started lifting for a few weeks and stopped more times than i can count because of this horrible affliction. i don't make any gains when i sleep 3-4 hours a night

even just laying there knowing "FUCK i have to get up in FOUR HOURS my alarm clock is going to go off and there's nothing I can do" will prevent me from falling asleep.

but i am too poor to be a NEET. too poor to afford a healthy, happy life

I mean what I will tell you is there really isn't any magic bullet and it takes exactly as much effort as you think it does to treat (not even cure) this. Which is to say a LOT.

I didn't just "wake up at 4" and then ipsto presto I started waking up at 4 unconciously. I started out like you listening to these whore lies about how "just wake up user and your insomnia will be gone :^)". It's more like if you wake up at the same time everyday AND all your other issues are solved then yeah you can just wake up without an alarm its kind of spooky.

I can't overemphasize the importance on stress on sleep. I didn't realise it for the longest time but sensory stuff can REALLY bother me. My bedroom has really good light and sound proofing and I just try to cut down on annoying sounds throughout the day. Stress is the enemy of sleep. I never realised how much stress I was in on a daily basis until I tried those sensory deprivation tank things and I suddenly felt so relaxed that I had a contrast to work with. Slept well that night. Really dawned on me that my life is actually really fucked up and I live in constant pain and that's why I couldn't sleep like other people could. It's why my mind kept racing in bed unable to calm down. Until I fixed the pain I never fixed the sleep. Now that I have fixed the pain my life is totally radical and shit I've actually cried with joy.

I've done literally everything and ultimately I figured out at the end of the day basically the only solution is holistic. You either improve overall health or your sleep doesn't get better. I never fixed my sleep until I fixed almost every issue in my entire life and I have multiple disabilities on top of the insomnia. It's not easy but it is worth it.

>Blue light
Don't know if this does anything but I replaced all my shit with stuff that has blue light filtering because I was so desperate. I don't think it does shit. Never once observed a difference.

I'm similar, I wake up super late, do my best work in the early morning before bed.

The solution?
I'm moving close to work so I can just walk over there when I roll out of bed.

p.s. take melatonin tablets when falling asleep, but not too often

Also in regards to how I'm a TRUINSOMNIAC at one point I noticed there was a literal grade point difference between my morning and evening classes and I went "huh I'm really fucked up in the morning"

I never even got close to figuring out this shit until my late 20s. It's not a battle it's a fucking war in multiple theaters you have to attack simultaneously. I seriously want to commit homicide against every doctor who went "user why don't you just wake up at the same time until you're not an insomniac anymore :^)" or even worse "user you're an insomniac because from the hours of 10pm-4am you are doing mentally stimulating activities like using a computer. Just spend hours every night listening to soft music and reading books and your insomnia will be cured :O)"

Doctors truly do not understand insomnia and how hard it is to actually cure. Sleep ties into every other aspect of your health. When you're fighting against insomnia you're not JUST fighting against insomnia. You're fighting against like an entire fucking gang of health issues and insomnia is the big boss at the end of the dungeon.

>melatonin

it's mostly bullshit, it's actually not a sleep hormone but a darkness signaling hormone

yeah health is really important but i'm basically fucked. how can i improve my health when i am forced to wake up early to an alarm, force-feed myself ASAP, drive to work just to sit there until the sun is almost down?

it's an unhealthy lifestyle, but it's the only way i make money

normies don't understand at all. they just think we're lazy, and yet they go to sleep like a baby at 8pm and i have boundless energy and could still work passionately for hours at this time. it's not a choice

in the USA everyone has to fit a mould. "early bird gets the worm" but it's destroying my health. i was actually happy and healthy as a NEET

i'm a programmer but i am not allowed to work from noon to 8 or 2 to 10pm. they want to see my ass in that chair early as possible, even at the expense of my health

it's fucked. other countries acknowledge this is real, that some people are genetically night owls. the military actually understands it and rightfully discriminates against us

>yeah health is really important but i'm basically fucked. how can i improve my health when i am forced to wake up early to an alarm, force-feed myself ASAP, drive to work just to sit there until the sun is almost down?

My approach consisted of persuing education, barely scraping by, getting neetbux + P/T work afterwards, bolstering my health during this time, getting F/T work and having my health fucking CRASH due to some serious insomnia issues, then using my wagiebux to gradually buy my way out of my issues, then stabilizing, then gradually introducing exercise, then improving diet even more. I couldn't work right but I kept my job by staying late and coming in early and working hard and everybody legit felt so bad for me that I kept my job partially because of pity. I wouldn't have passed school except again I passed largely because of the pity of peers and teachers both helping me out because I just tried so hard people didn't want to see me fail.

It took me a lot of years. I ended up so traumatised from school I had a mental breakdown and I couldn't hold down a F/T job for years. I became deeply suicidal multiple times. I did a lot of diet, exercise, walks in the sun, read a lot of philosophy, mythology. I eventually hit a turning point probably the moment I took a whole bunch of psychedelics trying to either cure or kill myself.

It's also good to work the evening shift even now mornings still suck they're just not the catastrophe they were before.