Why did you leave your last job

Why did you leave your last job
How is your current one?

Attached: 1565810401476.gif (500x373, 1020K)

i was a retail data collector which is just scanning thousands of products in stores for clients so they can set competitive pricing. it was so mind numbing and boring i just said fuck this after a month. I'm about to start being a sales rep for a snack company. way less gay

I left my last job to start my current one. I teach English in Japan, and I thoroughly enjoy it. Wish the pay was better and there were any benefits at all, but I get major holidays and school vacations off, so it's not so bad.

Attached: b2f496a1ab4e0c39f812b7ab876bf0c0[1].jpg (550x825, 130K)

I left my last job because I TOLD THEM I RAID ON FUCKING TUESDAYS WEDNESDAYS AND THURSDAYS, and they put me on the schedule for Tuesdays. Killed 25 HC LK that night, no regrets. Fuck Dominos.
I ended up getting a better job anyways.

Attached: 1359324901253.png (741x741, 681K)

What did you do in your previous one

there is no last nor current job.

because the last one was delivering pizzas from a bowling alley and the current one is sitting at a desk and getting paid a lot more.

How much an hr, also night shift?

16/hr hopefully I get another raise soon. No desk drone 7-4

>Why did you leave your last job
I received an offer from my current employer that offered me greater autonomy, responsibility and, of course, pay.

I like my current job because I'm basically left alone. I'm one of four people in my company who do what I do and I'm the only one in my business area.

I was a substitute teacher, so it wasn't like I was changing to a completely new line of work or giving up some big career opportunity to move here or anything.

I was in that situation not too long ago, what's preventing you from changing that, just curious.

I never understood how people could manage being a teacher. Do you have a desire to teach other people or is it just to pay the bills?

>sales rep
Sounds like a lot of talking to people. Your previous job seems so much more attractive to me. Are you adept at social interaction?

I had a desire to be a teacher for awhile. I guess because I genuinely see it as a "noble profession" even though the pay is dogshit. getting summers off would be kind of cool though

Mostly just because I can't imagine doing anything else - my mother is a teacher as well, so I'm familiar with it. And I guess some of my teachers left a favorable impression on me. Foreign languages have always held an interest for me, and I suppose I'd like to be able to share that passion with others. Teaching seemed the most feasible way to do that.

there actually isn't a lot of talking its just telling someone "hey order this vestibule." when i walk in the store. i hate people intensely, but its less actual work for 3 more dollars per hour in pay

>Friday night was my last night at my job of 8+ years
>took a voluntary layoff because I already have another job lined up
>had always been kind of distant from everyone, but still said hi to everyone on a daily basis and had small convos
>told a couple people I was closer with that I was leaving the company that night and asked them to kind of keep quiet about it
>no one really knew until Friday night when word finally got out
>everyone seems pretty sad that I'm leaving, especially two older women there who I'm kind of close with
>one of them couldn't talk to me much because she kept getting choked up and she didn't want to cry, the other one almost started crying when she was talking to me but kept it together
>kind of have feelings for my supervisor that I don't know how to explain
>kind of into her in a motherly way, but at the same time kind of attracted to her
>she's always been super nice to me and treated me really well, calls me her second son
>every time we talk throughout the night she keeps getting choked up and has tears in her eyes before she has to walk away
>kills me inside to see her like that and know that I'm the cause of it even though we both know and understand it's for a better future for me
>she buys me dinner that night, gets me a card and an amazon gift card
>we exchange numbers and say that we'll keep in touch
>when I leave at the end of my shift I'm the last one out so my boss and I talk for a minute and she gives me a long hug, tells me if I ever need anything at all to call her and cries a bit
>I haven't cried or even come close to it in over 9 years, but I actually got really choked up at this point
>haven't been able to stop thinking about her since and I have the card she gave me on my dresser
>every time I walk by it the same feelings of sadness wash over me and I just wish that I didn't have to do this to her
>can barely sleep at night because of it too

I know it'll pass with time, but it honestly hurts.

>I never understood how people could manage being a teacher. Do you have a desire to teach other people or is it just to pay the bills?
Being a teacher is legitimately gratifying.
Dealing with the laughable pay, the incompetent administrators, the impotent union, and the awful parents are the parts of the job that suck.

>getting summers off would be kind of cool though
Mostly a myth. Teachers have to stick around about a month after the kids leave for workshopping, and they tend to show up early before the kids show up for more district workshopping. During summers you're working on your masters or doctorate.

At most, you get a month off.

Manager wouldn't believe a customer (fat ass bitch) felt me up
New job is basically the same but slightly better.

am bipolar and didnt know it at the time. thought it was the phenibut I was taking everyday being faulty. i would go a couple weeks being everybodys best friend and then the next couple of weeks I would become an avoidant emotional wreck. the last day I worked was the day before halloween at night. i had smoked weed and started fucking up all my jobs and started crying. some guy even came to offer a shoulder to cry on (amazing person), but i just finished the job and quit over the phone the same day. now im working at a new place and i feel a lot better now that i know whats going on in my head. i can sorta small talk with people now. i can recognize negative thought patterns and people who give off negative energy. all i gotta do now is overcome my avoidant and antisocial tendencies.

my mother clerked in a public school for 20 years. the teachers were never around, the clerks did the work.

It probably depends a lot on the school system and what the teachers are willing to take on themselves. My mother gets all but the last week of summer vacation off, but she has worked at summer school in the past.

>the clerks did the work.
in what district do lunch ladies teach classes?

office clerks do the workshopping shit and attendance rolls and planning and the shit that other user said the teachers did you fucking nigger ass

This. My district is in Mass. which has considerably higher standards. If I wanted to teach in a flyover state I'd probably only have to pass a drug test to get my license.

Come on, user. Don't be intentionally obtuse.

Oh, haha. You're confusing administrative work with actual teaching work.

Yeah, nah. Teacher's workshops are for things like incorporating new technologies or new state curricula into lessons. Lunch ladies don't show up for those.

since you are so intent on calling my mom a lunch lady, the fact still stands that she was in school working hours and getting paid while most if not all teachers fucked off for two and half months of the year (and not get paid) you fucking retarded faggot

You're getting awfully mad about your mom, who worked a low-paying, servant-class job. You must be black.

nope proudly white. both my parents retired and very white, living a life you probably will never have and I can only hope for assuming the dollar doesn't crash and we all have alexa installed in our heads.

what is it you do again user?

lol. Okay Tray'shawn. :^) Say hi to your white neighbors in your white housing project in Atlanta for me.

>proudly white.
>mother worked as an administrative assistant
confirmed poor white trash.

so you work at mcdonalds? you seem to know a lot about poor people culture, I will make sure to rub some shit on my hand before I throw my change at you
>proud to be white
>white trash
it hurts to be you isn't it? accept suffering as your position

So what exactly is YOUR job, aside from derailing threads?

Good lord, folks, can't you go one thread without taking petty jabs at each other over nothing?

No, he's legitimately a black. No white man would ever get that upset that someone's talking about his Momma. She raised him up and his seven half-siblings without any help from no man.

I posted here and blame the faggot who kept calling my mom a lunch lady even though she worked in an office too. I don't know why you don't see that as inane shitposting

fucking there he goes again being a thread derailing shithead posting nonsense goddamn neck yourself. is your mom a lunch lady and you are secretly ashamed of it? I don't understand

That's the fucking spirit user, you put your hobby before your soul sucking work and did good.

"sitting at a desk" is not a job.

What do you do at that desk? Is it a call center? A WoW gold farm? Are you writing legal briefs?

I play with numbers. I see a lot of money, past that what do you need to know? I am not supposed to talk about it very much. Why do you care?

Left last one because moving due to school, now I'm got a watchman gig so I spend the shifts catching up on anime at a wood plant after-hours

Attached: 1559825724248.png (241x290, 56K)

Try to keep in touch with people who care about you, it's hard to find people like that.

You're just being very, very vague and it requires a bit of a stretch of the imagination that someone could go from being a pizza boy to "sitting at a desk" in one fell swoop.

I'm not calling you a liar. I'm sure you have a job, but I will suggest that you're perhaps exaggerating the importance of your job.

>a bit of a stretch of the imagination
that is what you are going to do since you don't seem to understand how the real world works. you think that everyone who works in an office is specialized or accredited or whatever? you mentioned legal briefs. I have direct contact with paralegals and attorneys daily and most of them are fucking stupid and irritating despite having gone to school much longer than me and studying things in their respective fields, they still can't keep coherent communication up or they fail to understand simple things.
>exaggerating the importance of my job
probably considering that I can train almost anyone to do what I do, as I was trained to do it. But the reality is that I control the flow of millions of dollars of my boss' money. Maybe you should apply yourself a little more and stop thinking every person who works in a clerk public school is a lunch lady or low class. they have menial shit to do in schools, ultimately your kids get to read for free, but you are a virgin and will most likely never reproduce I believe.

Oh, I see now. You're a secretary. Just like your mom. Why didn't you just say that in the first place instead of getting so mad.

Do you plan to keep working after you have kids or are you going to be a stay-at-home mom, if you don't mind me asking?

I really hope I can. I'm thinking of getting in touch with her in a couple weeks to maybe grab coffee or something. It's going to be hard for me because of crippling social phobia, but I hope my fear of losing her will outweigh that for me.

Can guys even file for sexual assault?

Quit because the boss/owner was 2 months behind in paying me and owed me $1500. Never got the money. PSA: don't work for a confidence man.

what is with this reddit spacing? I don't think you belong here desu

Calm down, roastie. You're embarrassing yourself.

I am a MASTER OF THE CUSTODIAL ARTS... or a janitor if you want to be a dick about it!

I currently have two jobs, I work part time for the US federal government and have a weekend job with the County government. I am not where I should be in terms of a career, but working for the government has its benefits.

Walked into the office and told them I quit before a shift started

Current job sucks just as much, I put the same stickers on the same car parts all day

dnt embars self

Attached: 325rcv.png (211x239, 8K)

I know healthcare is free in the developed world unlike the USA so benefits aren't a problem.

How easy is it to get that certificate for teaching engrish?

I left my last job on good terms. Resigned to join the Army. Currently two years in and honestly it's not that bad. Meet some great friends, spent some time overseas and got to sea the world. Hours can be really shitty at times, though, same with the work load. Few people understand how shitty it is breaking track on an armored vehicle in the middle of summer when it's 100+ degrees at 80% humidity.

I like to think it builds character

Attached: 53114646_p0.jpg (932x666, 137K)

Last job I left I was an intern. They offered me a job opportunity as a project engineer dealing with their job surveys/autocad once I finished college. It was in a field I didn't really want to work though (civil engineering, studied physics/aerospace). Left them without much notice once school started despite working a bit into the school year, but I never gave them a response. I didn't want to pigeonhole myself into a field I didn't really think I wanted to work in.

Hate my current job a lot more than I hated that one. Work as a government contractor for a science agency, and I am disgusted by the bureaucracy and general incompetence.You also don't get rewarded for working efficiently or doing things well. It simply results in more work being thrown your way while your coworkers simply do nothing and get paid more than you while doing so. You are paid to just occupy a seat and continue the status quo which disgusts me fervently. The more inefficiently you work, the more the government can justify hiring additional personnel which the contracting company can derive additional profit on. Working efficiently actually goes against my own self-interest and the people who provide my paycheck, but it also violates some of my moral principles. I would have gotten paid more coming out of college as a project engineer, despite having worked a few years now. Considering going back, as at least I felt I was actually doing something productive rather than carrying on with the stagnation and being what feels like a leech.

It's definitely not free, but it is much less expensive than in the US. It would be nice to have any kind of job security or get a bonus, though.

I don't have any certification for teaching English - most companies don't require it.

You a 19K?

Cuz im not some mindless retard whos gonna follow some other retard who thinks hes my superior because he dunks frenchfries with a broom sweeping the very ground he walks on.

Nah, 19D in a heavy unit. Pic was just there cuz I thought it was cute ngl

no worries. I was a tanker in the Marines. I could have done the same thing in the Army with a whole lot less bullshit, so I'm just slightly bitter.

>cav scount
Oh, so you're basically infantry?

Attached: 1390187862932.gif (280x210, 1.48M)

Was asked to do something federally illegal in my home country, but internationally grey

>How is your current one?
morbidly fascinating

Attached: nuclear-explosion-1920x1200-1.jpg (1920x1200, 1.36M)

Yeah honestly there's no reason to be a tanker over in the Marines, smaller force, less PCS options, harder to promote, etc.

At least they actually deployed y'all in Afghanistan when the Army was too retarded to realize that armor would have been an asset there

Checked.

Tbh I've never seen any scouts actually say that. Plenty of us will remind our 11 bang bangs and mortar monkeys that we used to be 11Ds, though, which seems to upset them lol

I was made redundant because the directors of the company are idiots who couldn't even afford to hire me to begin with

On Universal Credit (British welfare system), pretty comfy desu

I'm 27 and never had a job

How did you go so long without finding a job? How do you survive? Have you considered going to uni or something?

The store closed and any transfer locations were way too far
Trash but it's easy

You're a fucking waste of space. Your mom should have aborted you faggot

I've been in for 7/8 years. I had mental problems that made me fail tons of classes. Finally on my last year to my bachelor's degree.

My parents helped me through this whole thing. Money isn't a problem for me.

You're even worse for trying to jab someone for no reason.

To be fair the only options you have in life besides killing yourself is either wage cuck and then die or be a depressed NEET and then die. I opted for the former.

It was fedex, the hours dropped to 18 a week so I left my ID card with security one day and told them I'm not comin back.

I'm workin in a warehouse stackin pallets of paper products. It's less pay but more hours.

I was a baker's assistant (responsible for putting the pastries,cakes,donuts and breads in the appropriate containers and display them on the sales floor.
My manager had another lady who helped me (she was 75), she would sit on a stool while she packaged stuff and it would take her an hour to do 1 cart of product while I would do 3. So I got sick of doing most of the work for the same pay as her, so I quit.
I told the manager about it as well and she said that, $10/hr is the upper limit range for the job.

2 months later, unemployed and feeling worthless.

Be honest fellas, was I in the wrong?

Attached: i_think_i_heard_a_new_fren_somewhere.png (1024x769, 530K)

>got hired as a janitor at 17
>22 now
>same job

What country are you in? I live in the UK and here you can only re-take one year then you fail the whole course if I recall correctly

I've seen occupations like this before, and the people working there are always childish as fuck.

If you're really serious about what you just said, I feel bad for you. No joke

Because I didn't feel stimulated and it was boring. Graphic design and digital production.

People can be fucking lazy, I would've stuck with the job until I found something better.

In the middle of learning Japanese and trying something like this

Can you explain in more detail how you got the job?

I just looked around online for different employers, picked a few that sounded alright, and applied on their websites. Failed a couple of interviews before landing a job at an ALT dispatch company. It's not too hard to get hired - just don't be too incompetent and put some effort into your mock lesson (which you will in all likelihood have to do).

I have to go out to get some groceries now while there's a break in the rain. If you have more questions, I'll do my best to answer them after I get back.

I can't bring myself to humiliate me explaining my failure of a life during a job interview

Alright then, I got a few actually. I'm super curious about this stuff.

1. How good is your Japanese, and how good was it when it started?

2. Did you conduct the interview in English?

3. How is it actually teaching to a class of Japanese? Is it kids or high schoolers? Any difficulties in the language barrier, with things like assignments?

4. Since you're part of a program, do they list out how you have to teach things? Do you have to come up with stuff on your own at times?

5. How's the housing? Do you get provided housing or did you have to rent something yourself? In which city?

Hey, man. I just got back. I'll see what I can do with your questions!

>1. How good is your Japanese, and how good was it when it started?
It's more than enough to get me through daily life plus some deeper conversations. I have N1 certification from the JLPT, but that really focuses on comprehension rather than production. Still, I rarely end up in a situation where I'm completely lost as to how to explain myself. I had studied Japanese for four years in college before I started this job, so I wasn't too bad then, either.

>2. Did you conduct the interview in English?
The vast majority of the interview was conducted in English. The only part was in Japanese was to determine if they would be able to put me in a more rural area or not, but it doesn't really have any bearing on whether you get the job or not.

>3. How is it actually teaching to a class of Japanese? Is it kids or high schoolers? Any difficulties in the language barrier, with things like assignments?
I teach at a public middle school as an assistant, so I don't do a whole lot of teaching by myself. I often just run activities, play games, offer assistance to teachers during class and to students while they work on assignments. How fun it is really depends on the teacher and the students - they will make or break the experience for you. However, even if the teacher isn't super fun, you might be able to develop a good rapport with the students and go all out if the reins are turned over to you. I can use Japanese if I have to, and the Japanese teachers often provide Japanese translations of my English instructions if it seems clear that the kids just don't get it. For the most part, though, we can get each other through a "showing-not-telling" method.

>4. Since you're part of a program, do they list out how you have to teach things? Do you have to come up with stuff on your own at times?
They offer some general guidelines, some lesson plans for those who need them, and suggest following a standard lesson plan flow, but other than that, it's up to you. Besides, you never know what your teacher is going to want to do or what will work for your students, etc.

>5. How's the housing? Do you get provided housing or did you have to rent something yourself? In which city?
The company sought out an apartment for me before I came here and got the lease all set up for me because you need a Japanese guarantor and, since you probably don't know anyone in Japan to co-sign, your company acts in that role for you. Since that, I've gotten to know people and changed apartments twice without company involvement. I have to pay all rent and utilities myself, however. I'd rather not disclose any specific information, but I live in a smaller city on Kyushu. I used to live in a little podunk town - I loved it there. Want to move back as soon as possible.