Why is america so depressing

why is america so depressing

Attached: america.jpg (1502x1199, 315K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3FAmr1la6w0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Too much ignorance, greed, consumerism, obesity, addiction, crime, and people.

it's on Earth and Earth as a whole is depressing.

>Europeans see cheap food and gasoline as a bad thing

Land of the free to pick a poison, get sick, and die.

Everyone is selling garbage to everyone else. It's a never ending cycle of trash.

Everybody is stuck in their cars and nobody talks to each other cause nobody walks anywhere except into McDonalds to shit out the Taco Bell they just got from the drive thru

That exxon sign is so tall no one even knows they're there. They're essentially advertising to birds, almost as a way to spit in their face for the oil spills that kill thousands of birds each year. Like "hey it's us remember US WE SOAKED YOUR CHILDREN IN LIQUID DEATH HEY, HEY FUCK FACE YEAH YOU MOTHERFUCKER LOOK AT ME." what the fuck.

Attached: flyinginthesky.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

No matter where you go you'll find that people are the same and the things they produce are identical.

Not a place in the world where things aren't shit. Pick your favorite country and then go their. You'll realize its actually just as bad or worse.

I kinda don't get why this is the image that's always used for "look how awful America is". It's a highway exit. Like, what else would you expect to find next to an interstate other than quick food for travelers, gas, and motels?

>why is america so depressing
Too many shitskins.

Because urban sprawl has literally made all of America a big highway exit. When everything is a freeway, and every business requires a 16-30 car parking lot, and you can't walk anywhere or actually interact with people, it leads to a very depressing culture.

This. Shitskins ruin everything.

Because everything is several miles apart in 105 degree heat right now, for instance.

Why on earth would you want to interact with people when you're out running errands? For that matter, why would you want to walk if its possible to drive? Europe's characteristics aren't features, they're bugs, forced upon it by lack of space and a population density that's way too high.

I guess there's always New York City if you really enjoy being stuffed in like a sardine.

as it turns out, constant competition with little safety net is not good for mental health. who woulda thunk

the photo is Breezewood Pennsylvania

>everything is several miles apart

Everything is several miles apart BECAUSE of cars. People used to live close to where they work and close to other people.

Not all of life is running errands, and if that's all you do in your life then I'm very sorry that you're a boring person. I would want to walk because I enjoy walking. I enjoy the peace of mind that it gives me. I would gladly walk to where I need to be any day of the week. Driving sucks, and cars are literally killing the fucking planet.

Are you retarded or just don't get out much?

They have a small sign for people already in the area and the tall sign, much like the McDonald's sign, is there for people on the nearby Highway that's probably behind the camera.

>People used to live close to where they work and close to other people.
and in post-war America, as soon as cars became something middle-class people could reasonably afford, they all jumped at the chance to stop fucking doing that. People weren't pushed out of dense cities. They fled them as soon as they had the means.

Jow Forums tends to hate on cities, but as someone who has lived in both cities and the suburbs, I have come to find American suburbs really fucking depressing. Suburban American tends to have a very trapped feeling where you have to go from your car to anywhere and most places around you are just huge brand stores like Wallmart, Starbucks and the grocery store. You just go from one place to another in your car, nowhere to really walk, its just going from chain businesses to home or work in your car. The city has such a more genuinely alive feel where you can walk around, walk to local unique bars or shops, see other people going about, blend in with the numbers of the city. Theres just something that feels more freeing about knowing you can walk outside your apartment to get somewhere, the suburbs has a very trapped feeling where you feel like you can't walk anywhere.

47% of america is unoccupied.

Attached: tumblr_n42t5sFIeE1sisl6fo1_1280.jpg (1280x1484, 709K)

I like it here. I only wish I had a wife and lived in a more rural area.

And at the end of the day, the fact of the matter is that the automobile-dependent communities built in the 1960s were built without the foresight that billions of cars burning fossil fuels would destroy the environment.

Now that we are aware of its impacts, "fleeing" the city was a selfish act of many American families. The middle class is now dead, and suburbs are proving to be unsustainable.

You're going to see people flock back to car-free American cities out of desire for a simpler life.

I don't drive so to me it looked retarded.

Prison is a pretty simple life, too. Everything under one roof, very walkable. I don't see people flocking there voluntarily.

If you're worried about sustainability you should be pushing for more electric cars instead of trying to force people to live in commieblocks.

People are already flocking back to the cities. Young people are going to the city and they are getting more gentrified than ever. Most suburban towns are kind of dying to be honest, they are mostly just older boomers and stuff. That's what makes them feel so depressing today.

>commieblocks

This guy must listen to Alex Jones on his 68 minute commute to work at the county jail every night

suburbs feel like commieblocks

I don't know how people can hate on living in cities. Most people here are anti social neets so a city is the perfect place for that, you can use public transportation to get anywhere and you are lost in the masses so you can always be anonymous. Suburbs and small towns all have at least a little sense of community within neighborhood so you have to at least be aquatinted with your neighbors (it is a lot worse in small towns where everyone knows each other).

And before anyone says an off grid farm innawoods is the best robot spot, let's be realistic, living there requires a lot of money and (more importantly) skill that most people, especially robots don't have

there's no way to make a high-rise apartment building not an inhuman place to live, user.

>great view of vibrant city streets and buildings
>landlord handles are your shit breaking
>nice variety of neighbors, young and old
>always something new going on

But yeah live on a ranch somewhere off a dirt road where literally nothing ever happens except horses sometimes fuck

I bet you also have a daughter and roastie wife so you preach about "family values"

You probably hear your neighbors upstairs when they're walking around though.

I don't want a vibrant street or a variety of neighbors. I want some peace and fucking quiet and to be left the fuck alone. Your home is supposed to be your refuge from all the "something new going on".

>waaahhh this minor inconvenience!

Attached: 1321901438218.jpg (250x322, 13K)

I feel the same way. Though I know it's not just an american problem. Capitalism is soulless

Attached: 1566063501132.jpg (1024x864, 165K)

yeah i felt more anonymous in the city. its a more comforting feeling of not really being noticed. in more suburban areas you really stand out

Dude, the only thing I have is watching movies, and I don't want to have people walking around upstairs while I'm trying to enjoy kino. That's not a minor inconvenience, it's a deal breaker.

i miss the variety. in the city there are way more young attractive people. everyone in rural and most of suburban america are just really fat boomers

Because you're depressed, there's not much more to it than that

It was a lost cause from the start

Depends on what state you go to. Most southern states are shit tier, best states are Alaska, Maine, Wisconsin and North Dakota.

Been 2 weeks in Toronto this summer. There were a lot of fairly sociable corners but everything seemed a little "boxed in". It is probably mostly just cosmetic difference but I can not say that I would like it in the long run.

Because dumb fuck cracker white people made small towns and now we are all trapped in them

looks awesome. imagine riding a motorbike through that at 9pm while listening to synthwave.

>tfw you realize you're already living in cyberpunk but without all the cool electronic neon tech and with all the corporate government shilling

Attached: 398475341346.jpg (396x276, 38K)

Ive lived in both country and city and the country fucking sucks ass beyond belief. Careers and education is basically non existent. Shopping and dining is absolute trash. Nothing but old Christian conservative boomers who still think its the 90's or earlier. Internet is garbage with Brazil tier latency half the time. Despite having way less people those few people around are fucking busy bodies and bother you non fucking stop. Seriously fucking tired of old people staring at me inside of the store or a fast food joint. There may be people everywhere in the city but no one gives a fuck about what you do unless they think you are up to something.

Either way though country and city have advantages and disadvantages. It depends on what you like to do and what you want out of life.

this is you originalIy

Attached: 1564604474854.jpg (1200x1152, 637K)

Dude, maybe you should just like .. . TALK TO THEM.

I would seriously be interested in seeing an update of OP's image. Probably now, but even a few years from now.

Quizns has been gone a long damn time and Pizza Hut has probably been updated, among other things.

We're probably hitting a recession as well. I doubt my Robot9K friends will feel it because i guess we're all NEETs or something, but let's consider that.

Wishing you the best, friend. I'm trying to get to a mid-sized city. it's tough but I think it can be done. It's a tough crawl and you need to be willing to reach out.

This, even in OP's pic you can see untouched wilderness beyond the corporate sprawl.

america has only experienced capitalism and not any of the previous stages of society that the rest of the world has.

Is it weird I find this picture exciting? Like, I wanna explore all of those places.

shiieeeeeee cracka ass whiteyz lut me in this small town trapped forever shiieet DUI shiieet meth and weed shieee god hates me shiee

Well actually the cause of the depression of the literal continent of the America continent is actually due to 50 million niggers in a hot dense state having burger king tacos of the bell variety in del taco while also being in mcdonalds simultaneously while take poopdicks up the but's buts ad infinitum in a recursive manner.

yeah america is horrible. don't visit, for your own safety and sanity.

Also no one shows any affection in public and is a stickler for rules and lines and being in queues and obeying rules. American culture is actually really rigid and stuffy.

Why do you think?

The Jewish parasite has reduced all of western civilization to this state of being

Attached: D62A3760-7D77-48BB-A7C1-F2DE23F70EB7.jpg (500x500, 23K)

Not whoever you're replying to, but yeah.

I hate the indifference most of all. There's a lot contributing to that we can't do much about, like car culture, wealth culture, and everything else.

Be the best person you can be.Ignore stupid Jow Forums culture and just try and live a good life without doing harm to anyone else. Life can be good if you make it that way. Just try at least.

Well you see jimbo, the jews are actually literal mountains which are made of sulfur that is actually pyrite, the banking jew establishment is actually making money off niggers who are eating shit because bigger who aren't niggers try to poop gold but not really, this is due to the fact that retarded faggots jew kikes who are actually black yet white but not black or white yet being white and black at simultaneous instances are actually non-kike kikes, this is due to the fact that kikes aren't really kikes, but are in fact kikes of the jew variety who are eating jew nigger faggots kikes.

It's a third world country in denial

I never felt like I was part of society

Somehow you've convinced me that you are based and redpilled.

Fair enough. I take back my insult.

>Despite having way less people those few people around are fucking busy bodies and bother you non fucking stop. Seriously fucking tired of old people staring at me inside of the store or a fast food joint. There may be people everywhere in the city but no one gives a fuck about what you do unless they think you are up to something.
Couldn't agree more. I like the anonymity of the city because nobody really fucking looks at you or cares.

should be 70% desu

In part yes, but angloids created capitalism

>Dude just live in the mojave desert or the everglades or lousiana swamps lmao

The only reason is niggers. If you think otherwise, you are wrong and need to be put on the wall, kneecapped and the set on fire.

Because the dollar is worshipped above all else. Since money is only a tool, when you worship it, it means you worship utilitarian ideals rather than anything with deeper meaning or beauty. And that's why America is depressing. Because it's ugly.
The people are ugly. The land is ugly. The architecture is ugly. Because worshipping money is ugly.

Attached: 20190807_195652.jpg (1080x1670, 258K)

These are the only relevant and based answers this thread need to be shut down there is no more further discussion

There's just no soul behind it and people can feel it

I got here last week and your food/restaurants are pure SHIT
pizza hut for example used the cheapest cheese and tastes horrible compared to anywhere else

The rejection of God for Israel and materialism.

Pizza hut is the cheapest fast-food pizzachain it's catered to poor nogs, like you

Because they keep believing they are superheroes despite having no right to. The closest acts of heroism in their entire history is WWII, but even then it was mostly done due to hatred of Japan. Generations later they happily march with literal nazis which is the biggest dump on the entire legacy. Maybe civil war but it wouldn't happen if they just ban slavery in the first place. Every other part of their history is same old same old, a bunch of big companies exploiting the populous of theirs and other people's countries for money.

It's a troll image, you imbeciles. That place is in the middle of nowhere. It's akin to an oasis in a desert. The desert being long empty road whilst on a road trip, in this case.

Enough with the Breezewood posting already.

Go to Eastern Europe , you'll see America differently , forever.

Attached: 33964826_26abf91e5e_b.jpg (1024x809, 202K)

This just sounds like some suburbs and some rural areas.

I live in America, in a flyover state for that matter, and don't have this experience.

it's like fusing italy with new york

top doesn't have its own anime movie

Its shit though. humans weren't meant to live life like this. American culture is a sewer. Because of cars we never ended up developing unique culture or towns. The town in OPs picture could have been a great town with interesting and quick restaurants. One of those restaurants may even come up with some new recipe that truckers lover. It could become part of the culture. The invention of a new american food. But nope. Just give me a big mac, the same I could get in New York or Germany.

Imagine being a tourist in Germany and going to a small town for the German nature and everything is a mcdonalds. The cabins are fake and look like holiday inns.

eh there's a few unique city (mostly in the east coast before cars were a thing) there's obviously places like LA, Seattle, Portland, and Houston

I 100% bet my life that you've never been to eastern Europe or conversely you're a slave and have never been to America.

LA is the most boring city in the world. Its just a giant suburb with hollywood and a big beach.

well Hollywood itself is a town

State Local and Federal Governments that consider economy and money the only thing that determines our strength and wellbeing as a nation. Who gives a shit about Bears Ears when there are uranium deposits beneath that sacred land. Who cares about keeping the churches in Pittsburgh standing when you need that space for affordible housing projects that make russian commieblocks look good. Why sell life saving medicine for an affordible price when we can wring the life out of someone either way? Why build beautiful things, preserve beautiful lands, be fair to people, and care for them when it's cheaper to demolish our culture and throw our nation under the bus? It's just all about money.
youtube.com/watch?v=3FAmr1la6w0

Attached: 323532554.jpg (1200x801, 452K)