Biggest Mistake

What is the biggest mistake you ever made, the one that you can't take back, the one that altered your life's trajectory forever?

Attached: ohshitnilfgur.jpg (1137x1421, 743K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ofdsearch.doc.nv.gov/
youtu.be/8qn5BIpV5m0
gotquestions.org/I-believe-help-my-unbelief.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

stalked a girl and trespassed at her work, stalked another girl and broke into her apartment. I was delusional at the time, but I still lost a lot of friends.
>mfw I'm not a monster

Attached: autistapu - hatcry.png (658x662, 59K)

Go into more detail, please.

It wasn't huge, but in Middle School some girl was interested in me. Never called her or hung out because I wanted to play Black Ops and Roblox.

Not killing myself when I was 12.

Attached: 1563080636168.jpg (189x267, 7K)

not killing myself when i should done it

>What is the biggest mistake you ever made
Enlisting.

It's 2003, we're at war, and I'm a stupid 18 year old with all his ignorant notions about patriotism and family tradition.
Our family has not missed a war since before WW1 and even some of my female relatives are veterans of a sort (WAVEs, Army nurse.)

I forgo college and enlist in the Marines. Why the Marines? Because they're the toughest. What do you want to do in the Marines? INFANTRY OOH RAH! Because I'm so fucking full of myself.

The first thing I realized when I got to Boot Camp was "Holy fuck, everyone here is absolutely retarded." and it didn't get better from there.

Fast forward six years (not four, and not the two that a normal enlistment was in Vietnam or WW2) and I'm entering college as a 24 year old freshman. My intellectual discipline is shot to shit because I'm so used to always being the smartest guy in the room.

Four years later, I'm entering the job market at 28. All my age group peers are well on their career path, I'm going entry level bullshit.

What a fucking waste of my time and prime years of my life.

Dropping out of university. It was after the first month and I was an anxious and depressed wreck. Instead of powering through all those feelings, then getting better, making friends, or at least getting a degree, I became a NEET with no one in his life.

Okay, bitch. You're gonna duck me? Fuck it. You're getting your work hours in, so you're meeting program requirements anyway. The welfare checks will keep coming. It's because he's back in your life, isn't he, you dumbass. I remember the assessment we did when I met you. "He's going through some things." Bitch, he choked you out and locked you in a garage in July. In Arizona. Felt so fucking done with this job. So fucking done with this client in particular. Goes through some grade A domestic violence and still can't let baby daddy go. Fuck it. She'll learn. And her working helps my participation rate and monthly numbers in the meantime, so just fuck it. Whatever. "Did you make your monthly contact?" No, boss, I'm too busy with the other 53 people on my caseload that might actually give a fuck about themselves. "You need to make an effort to-" She's fucking working. Fuck it.

>"We got the prelim autopsy report back on the toddler. Massive blunt force trauma. There were signs of healing from previous broken ribs. He'd done this before. The infant was beat up pretty bad too, but lived. We have her in county custody... sorry user."
I should've caught it. I should've caught it. I should've fucking caught that. How could I not fucking catch that? Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

i would still be your amigo

Thanks user, I think I remember that episode of SVU. Brings back memories of staying home sick from school and watching TV all day.

How long ago since you dropped out?

not selling my crypto holdings when I had $800k in early jan 2018

Five years. Did try community college as well but gave up on that even quicker.

ofdsearch.doc.nv.gov/
offender id: 1158101

if you need someone to talk to, im here brother. you need more attention.

I had a similar situation on Saturday, started touching a girl way too much when I was drunk, I regret it a lot.

How is that a regret in YOUR life, though. You didn't do anything. You're just dickriding someone else's drama to make yourself sound more interesting.
You're like the brother of the girl who got kidnapped.

It's okay brother, no need to shit on yourself. You're in a vicious cycle at the moment, take small steps toward personal success. You can do it.

I let bogus morality and believing my parents lies stop me from killing my sister's baby when I knew in my gut if I didnt kill it my life would ruin my life. I think about it everyday, all I had to do was drop it off the balcony. It was a blessing in disguise I guess because now I don't believe in the myth that killing is wrong.

I came inside a black girl a number of years ago and it resulted in a pregnancy. She had the child without my knowledge and raised our daughter by herself until she decided she didn't want her anymore. She then proceeded to drop our daughter in my lap to raise.
I don't regret having a daughter, I fucking love her with all my heart. What I regret is not being able to provide an unbroken family for her. I was raised by a single parent so I know how hard that is for child to go through that shit. Worse still, she has to grow up knowing that her own mother actively wants nothing to do with her.

I fucking hate myself for doing this to my own child.

My biggest regrets are how I affected others. I don't care about me, much. Even after subsequently burning down a government career I worked hard for, putting a gun to my head in the office bathroom, and ending up on a psych hold, I can only think about how badly that affected my wife.

I can only imagine what you've done with that poor kid's hair.

Your story's nowhere near as interesting as you think it is, bruh.

Hahaha well played.

Wasting 6 years of my life chasing after a girl I'd never met because I thought I was in love with her.

6 years of playing her games, wasting $50k on her and nothing but a tattoo to show for it.

Apply for child support.

Knocked up a bunch of army women trying to dodge deployment via pregnancy. Got raped for child support by half, and stuck raising the kids from the other half.

Pls no, user. Her hair is a nightmare.

I'd basically get peanuts. Money isn't really my concern, I make enough to support the two of us. The real issue is my daughter growing up without a good female role model in her life.

Forcing myself into that egg.

Acted like a controlling bitch to a girl I liked after she said she was interested in a pedophile, It only made her want him more.

Attached: DF2AF0F0-04F6-41FE-A8C6-C7D12884879A.jpg (612x527, 30K)

I don't really think I consciously made any real mistakes.
It's just how my life was supposed to go, me being how I am.

Peanuts for you. A substantial hit for her. This is about spite, user.

Between a little bit of revenge and never having to deal with that woman again, I'll gladly take never seeing her again every time.

Well fuck, my dude. That's awful. I'm sorry. You can't blame yourself.

Walking out of a great job when I was 18. Took me 7 years later to finally get a another great job. A lot of time and money wasted.

Getting lonely and alienated at university, pretending to hear voices on a Skype chat with my parents. Parents come rushing to uni to take me home; I refuse but they pretty much force me and they cry and hug me.
I have to transfer from a great world class to a shit university and live with my parents; have to be in therapy.

I have still not told them that I made it up.

I spent ages 12 to 18 doing nothing but the bare minimum of schoolwork and then wasting time in WoW.

Attached: 1549477124773.png (500x522, 87K)

>Male
Yes
>Age 18-25
Yes. 24
>Grew up in the middle class playing tonnes of video games
Middle class yes. Never really got into vidya.
>Above average intelligence but an underachiever
I did pretty well in school all things considered
>Racist to some degree
Not really. I am very sceptical of multiculturalism and the supposed positive effects mass immigration but I do not believe that whites have any innate superior characteristics to other races.
>Non-religious
False. I struggle with faith but I was baptised last year. I am fascinated by Christianity, the gospels and Church history. I want to have a friend in Jesus but I just have so many doubts.

>What is the biggest mistake you ever made, the one that you can't take back, the one that altered your life's trajectory forever?
Interacting with women
Realstically though it is believing that I could ever have been happy in this world, being the way that I am

so wrong, I'm 26 and not really racist.

Not as bad as you guys but I'm staring my first year of college in a few days and I don't know wtf to do. I'm on the physics path but apparently you need to be on the top 1% and also get a post grad degree but I don't know if I wanna bet on Jay because I'm just a midwit. I was about to switch to engineering but backed out last second because my advisor said that if I switch mid year I'll be put behind on both of those majors because they require many credits and I can't make a commitment by myself and I don't wanna be a poorfag. I thought physics Bachelors were enough and another degree was just extra credit to an already above income but I've heard that science BAs are poorfags

>above-average intelligence
somewhere Drs. Dunning and Kruger are smiling.

Please explain in a more concise manner.

>Male
Yes
>Age 18-25
Not since many years
Middle class, yes. (maybe lower middle class)
I played some Starcraft and Unreal Tournament, but I've never owned a video game system
IQ is difficult to measure, but I can say that I do have Bachelor's degrees in Computer Science and Mathematics, along with a Master's Degree in Mathematics. I never finished near the top of my class, though.
>Racist to some degree
No. I think basically all racial conflicts in the modern world are class conflict that simply uses race as a cudgel.
>Non-religious
I am an Episcopalian. I'm a little turned-off by the workings of organized religion, but that is distinct from my faith.

He's pretending to have been a social worker who ignored obvious signs that a woman was being abused and then that woman ended up dying.

I didn't fuckin ask any of you, holy shit.

then don't post the image, dumbass.

no, because something like Jow Forums is small enough to have selection bias.

The image is describing you dumb fucker.

but it's wrong. so I replied. don't get your panties all twisted. you should have expected this when you posted the image.

Evidently it doesn't describe anyone.

>somewhere Drs. Dunning and Kruger are smiling.

hurrrr i kno what dunining klrueger effect is im so smart )

Attached: 1515082678521.jpg (447x506, 19K)

>Enlisting.
Yup. I know this feel.

>Learn valuable leadership skills
Leading retards via the time-tested methods of repeating yourself and screaming.
>Learn valuable real-life skills
If I had a dollar for every time I've heard "Does anyone here know how to operate an M777 howitzer?"...

>wasting $50k

Are you fucking serious dude

I would have said 5k is bad but this is like 20 times fucking worse

Well it's a good thing you saved all that cash from your pay. Now you can out a down payment on a house.

not him, but they love that shit on reddit. it's used to show that anyone who isn't successful can't be smart. not that hard to know what the effect is called when it's posted so often on reddit.

I bought a laundromat, actually. It's a nice little source of income.

What bugs me is that I should be a project manager at my age, though, pulling down six figures. Instead I'm the only analyst over 30 in my business area. And fuck trying to talk to my peers. It's not an industry that has a lot of veterans in it so I might as well have gone to Mars for how it mystifies them.

>knowing what is regularly posted on Reddit...

Attached: Great_Post.jpg (303x404, 38K)

So you're a late bloomer. So what. If you're actually dedicated you'll find you can catch up fast. You working on PM certs, or are you trying to branch out? Also you have your own business, that's more than 90% of people have especially coming from the military.

Copers gon' cope

I didn't say I was in a bad place. I felt that the military was, in the long run, the wrong decision. As OP asked, it was certainly a decision that put me on a very different course from where I was going.

If I had the chance to tweak some of the details, I probably would have gone to college first, then get my commission instead of enlisting.

>not him, but they love that shit on reddit.

ah, I knew it pissed me the fuck off for some reason. this shit and le black science man

You do know you're posting on a board full of NEETs half of whom are 25+ and have done literally nothing since high school, right? In the end money is the goal, not a career, and now that you're getting some you can find ways to get more

Swing trading my chainlink

Attached: 1562789553598.jpg (740x900, 418K)

I thought I could do better and now i am single and alone. When I was about 24 I had a redhead that I could have ended up marrying. She had depression and I thought she was crazy. Now I am 28, alone and miserable. I should have married her, came in her and stayed with her. Oh well. At least life goes by pretty fast. I will end up dying alone but these past 28 years have flown by.

Yeah, but scattered among the NEETs and the larpers are some anons who genuinely post good advice, even if it doesn't apply specifically to me.
I try to follow their example as best I can and try to bring whatever small amount of positivity I can to this board.

not sending out fake resumes earlier. I waited over a year and I'm just now getting interviews.
youtu.be/8qn5BIpV5m0

Attached: cart.jpg (315x366, 34K)

Explain more user bud

When i was in 2nd grade I wanted a metagross to trade for a mew on the GTS, so I traded my Empoleon away for it. I never even got the mew in the end.

I bet there's not a day that goes by you don't kick yourself over that.

Huh why would your sisters baby ruin your life?

>he thinks college is the path OUT of poorfaggery

Aaaaahahahahahaha

Oof... This is one of the worst ones I've read

dropped out of high school over a decade ago, became a NEET

gotquestions.org/I-believe-help-my-unbelief.html

>my sister was into meth
>lost both her kids a month after the second was born
>parents took them in "temporarily" as they said
>the infant's crib was in my room
>woke me up almost every night
>most nights had to feed it, got threw up on when I burped it because meth baby weak stomach
>couldn't go right back to sleep, usually got 4-5 hours of sleep a night from 5th grade onwards
>if i threw the baby off the balcony I would have been able to dedicate more of my time to developing instead of constantly being stressed out
>didn't kill it because I was an NPC that thought killing was "bad" and i didn't expect it to last as long as it did

Well this decision will without a doubt influence my potential career and income so someone help me out here

Never giving a fuck about exams growing up, having 0 motivation for the last 5 years. Just didnt care about school enough. Now in a dead end job I hate, drinking myself till I can hardly walk every night. Khv too.

>Male
Yes
>Age 18-25
Yep, played way more vidya during my lasst two years of high school than at any other time though. I barely played at all until 6th grade when Halo Reach came out, that's what really got me into gaming
Wouldn't call myself an underachiever
>Racist to some degree
Used to be when I was a teenage edgelord, not anymore
>Non-religious

forgot the last part
>Non-religious
Nope, on and off since middle school. In High school I was irreligious but still believed in the Christian God. In Uni I got slapped in the face by life and was born again

Signed my life savings over to my dad so that he could "teach me money management skills". He then held it hostage to force me to join an fundamentalist church in the backwoods of Appalachia and became abusive.

How much debt are you looking at user?

You are a cringy atheist, racist, underachiever with low intelligence, you never played any video games, you are a female, and outside of the 18-25 age range.

Shit, I can't even pick one.

>dropped out in the 4th grade to be "homeschooled"
"homeschooled" can be loosely translated to "played video games for eight years, and then crammed for my GED in two months"

>dropped out of college
>went to trucking school, got $8000 in debt, and quit my trucking job before I even got my own truck
>didn't take up my trucking teacher's offer to move to Texas and work at his oil drilling company making upwards of $100k because I didn't want to leave home
I'm just fucked.

Attached: 1529279263204.jpg (640x640, 69K)

Forgot to add that the eight years of semi-isolation makes it tough to speak out loud, and makes me borderline retarded in normal conversation, because I never talked to anyone in my developing years.

I decided to publicly display affection.

How would you have gotten away with that?

I wouldn't, but I would have been better off being able to grow up in a psych hospital for minors. At the time I knew it, I was even wanting to run away before that. morality will fuck you over.

Wow, that guy's like the black me. I've been telling people who can't get hired to lie their ass off for years, but they never listen. I'm a job hopping college dropout, and it's so easy.