Do deaf people think in a voice?

Do deaf people think in a voice?

Attached: eeiughh.jpg (600x600, 45K)

Do you motherfuckers actually hear something in your head when you think?

literally fuck off niggernormie

AM I NOT SUPPOSED TO

My deaf sister explained this. She thinks by sign language instead of audio. They're exceptionally visual to compensate for lack of sound.

nNZqjmU

CuteHouse? Remember that? Join now, were back!

.gg/EsZHfYt

Of course, I have a constant internal monologue.

Do non deaf people think in voice? I don't think so I think your brain just automatically filter thoughts into words after the idea has already been made. I imagine it's kinda like that for deaf people just skipping the second step which is necessary for most people to make thoughts comprehensible to others by putting them into a common format.

user, I don't know what to tell you. I've always thought in abstract. When I think of a song I think of how it makes me feel, when I think of someone's face I recall definite features, when I read it's like when you look at something, register and account for its existence.

it is called subvocalization

as someone who thought abstractly as a teenager but then developed a clear internal voice in my 20s, i associate this with brain damage caused by alcohol abuse

I just read this as Dwight Schrute. Now Jeremy Irons. Now Tom Holland. I'm literally hearing their voices as I read.

w8 there are people here without internal monologue?

Thanks for one person actually answering the question.

wow wtf i used to think abstractly now my inner voice is so strong that my vocal cords feel like they are working when i think, as i type this i feel my vocal cords moving to enunciate each letter i type also im on heavy antipsychotics which causes braindamage im pretty sure

w-what do you hear

I've had an internal monologue since I was in middle school, is that not normal?

>subvocalization
This is what the NPC initially referred to, it was to mock (as if it were something worthy of being mocked, fuck me subvocalization is so slow and inefficient) people without that internal monologue who thought in an abstract way instead. Wish I could get rid of it, apparently some people develop persistent subvocalization after becoming heavy readers.

Apparently that's actually pretty normal, no need to freak out about it

oh ok thank you though im wondering what causes ut

do deaf people swear with their hands when they're alone and something goes wrong?

I don't hear anything unless I really concentrate, then it's less like hearing someone talk to you and more like listening to a conversation in a crowd except without the background noise, just the difficulty in picking it out clearly.

That is not normal only niggers subvocalize because they can't think abstractly

are you deaf? I dont hear voices like if a person is speaking to me or as if a song is playing, but I can hear it faintly.

probably, I remember flippjng the tv off a couple of times.

so its not just like your voice saying the words its someone elses? because its always my voice that I hear and it is basically thinking about some shit all the time, honestly really annoying when your trying to get to sleep

only niggers don't have an internal monologue btw

This. Niggers and NPCs.

Imagine this, you want to buy a new car. You think about it, try to decide which model is best for you, used or new, etc. It's a conscious effort you've made.

Now imagine you don't have an inner monologue. Your mind just goes "beep boop I need car", and so the NPC goes to buy a car. He didn't make a conscious decision. Something inside his head made him to perform this action. Intelligent NPCs may read some articles about cars, but in the end, their choice was made subconsciously.

Now you know why low IQ retards have low impulse control - they are barely human beings, without consciousness.

Attached: 2smart.jpg (680x598, 54K)

this is actually really interesting. A while ago, like 60s or whatever, the idea around teaching the deaf was to integrate them into non-deaf society. They would specifically NOT teach them in sign language, and they would make sure they can seem non-deaf. Then they realised something. they didnt have an inner voice, which is really important for abstract thinking. they started to teach the deaf sign language and stuff, and they have an inner voice that is basically just sign language. If a deaf person doesnt learn sign language, they essentially become an animal

lack of an internal monologue is associated with both autism and mental retardation
while retards and developing children usually exhibit an external monologue (they talk to themselves out loud), autists lack either and just think in a senseless and useless way

Based. Fuck npcs.

Whole fucking thread retarded, their inner monologue is visual, visual doesn't equal abstract, fucking retards you have disappointed me once more

Retard I'm black and I have constant internal monologue Jesus Christ you stretch to the farthest extent to keep your retarded world view. Like how do you even come to that dumbass conclusion?
>INB4 posting some retarded debunked IQ chart or random webms.

Attached: 1565802810161s.jpg (125x93, 3K)

Yeah, and it changes if i have a conversation in my head. The voice i heard when i read your post sounds different from the voice i hear as i type this out

That's wrong. Consciousness has nothing to do with it. There is no way to discern between someone with a consciousness making a decision by thinking in their head and somebody being 'programmed' to make that decision. It is essentially the same thing, except one person experiences the process and sensation of decision-making. Someone could be 'programmed' to say that they are conscious and have conscious thought; you could, I could. Conversely, someone with conscious thought could make bad decisions. Consciousness has no bearing on behaviour or decision making, it is simply experiencing and sensing everything that happens within and to yourself.

>debunked IQ chart
lmao

>debunked IQ
>debunked

OK but does that happen when you're planning your day or thinking up a process?

Non playable character detected.

I'm black and I have too much internal monologue. I've had to learn to shut it off. I fucking hate white people, you motherfuckers really act like you're experts on everything.

It depends on whether or not they were born deaf or deafened later in life.

American "black", so mutt, partially white.

When the privileged say "niggers", they're usually referring to American blacks. Stop switching the goalposts you ignorant faggot.

No they don't retardo, USA is not a center of the world.
Also, it's the white man part in your head speaking, appreciate it.

Everyone with a slither of common sense knows that Lynn's IQ chart is flawed and that why it is widely disregarded within the scientific community but I guess you would rather listen to the echo chamber that is Jow Forums because you rather comfort yourself thinking the reason you are a sad and depressed virgin is because the world is against you.
>Also stop samefagging

Why is it that when I scream in my head, the volume never changes?
Sometimes. Typically I see segmented "movies" that are spliced together by association. I prefer this way of thinking over the "voice."

>USA is not a center of the world
user it literally is

>Everyone with a slither of common sense knows that Lynn's IQ chart is flawed and that why it is widely disregarded within the scientific community
wrong, nigger.
every test measuring intelligence, directy or indirectly, proves that niggers are dumber
even your SAT scores rate high class niggers on par with white hillbillies

>Also stop samefagging
who are you quoting?

Attached: low IQ nigger samefag.png (1920x161, 18K)

>not hearing in your head
>probably doest see either

Attached: 1565453023880.jpg (255x149, 12K)