Why do people pretend to give a shit about mental health until they are confronted by it?

Why do people pretend to give a shit about mental health until they are confronted by it?

I broke down in front of my friends last night and told them I have wanted to kill myself for the last 2 years but I'm afraid I'll fail and I also told them I think I'm bipolar. Instead of giving me support they made me get out of the car and ditches me because I was ruining their night

Now I feel like I have to kill myself or else it looks like I was begging for attention...

Attached: 1515977199040.gif (400x400, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/54054705/
youtube.com/watch?v=4h_BrjbgJME
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the problem is you trusted others
learn from your mistake

Wow. Sounds like some shitty so called friends. fuck them you can do better

You don't. For one what I learned was that crying about your mental problems won't make friends want to stay around you long term, you fucked up that night but you can recover your reputation by being a better friend later on down the road.

>they made me get out of the car and ditches me because I was ruining their night
your friends sound super mean

I think my mom hates me. I called her last night saying I can't take it anymore and she told me to man up because she doesn't believe in mental health.

Attached: pepehug.png (112x112, 16K)

How old is your mom? Boomers are extremely ignorant when it comes to mental illness and think anyone who has it is just being a pussy, they truly are the worst generation

Dye your hair green and throw some makeup on.

Fuck off you little discord tranny

51 this year. It's not that she "doesn't believe it" because she literally said she was severely depressed (although she didn't use that word) a few weeks ago but she doesn't see a point in talking about it. "When has talking ever solved anything? Just get on with your life." I really hate her sometimes.

desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/54054705/
For the record, I made this post a few weeks ago. You can sort of guess what she's like...

but she's right annymos

Unfortunately, most normies only say they care about mental health issues as a virtue signal. Most only know what they've seen in movies and TV shows which do not show even a quarter of the internal turmoil that can plague a mentally ill individual.

Attached: 68c40a29de074ab77453de419696ebd7.png (554x788, 418K)

My gf's mom is like that and it caused her to have genuine problems expressing emotions, she broke her arm when she was little and her mom locked her in her room because she was annoyed by her crying and thought she was over

It wasn't til I scolded my gf for being such a "cold bitch" that she revealed this to me

I think the problem is just that most people can't walk a mile in someone else's shoes - nor do they care to. They literally can't conceive of a problem from someone else's perspective. user, if you're in trouble here's what you should do. Get your life sorted out first. Go see a therapist if you need to (sounds like you do). Do you have a job/source of income? You might need to work on that too. Are you even living with your mom? If not then why do you care what she thinks? She shouldn't have any control of your life at this point. Start small and gradually work your way up. You can do it!

The problem starts when people realize that mental health issues basically never get better. They're a constant thing to be dealt with and after a while, it's just exhausting to have to have impromptu therapy sessions every time you see someone and knowing it won't ever stop.

actually they do, life is pain for everyone, you're just too weak to live in spite of it.

this is normie lesson 101, everyone is your "friend" until you become a social liability. keep your wacko bullshit to yourself or go talk to a third party. figure it out crybaby. listen to some lil peep

youtube.com/watch?v=4h_BrjbgJME

This is it desu. If you're suffering from something normal, ie your GF left you or you lost your job, people are more supportive. Mental illness doesn't make sense and there isn't really a cure for many people. Feels bad man.

they like to see how bad it can get
practically begging to be killed

I have tried so hard to help my friends for years but it was both heartbreaking that they never really improved in any significant way and endlessly frustrating when they wouldn't take my advice after I would spend so much time trying to help them on an individual level. We need to make mental health assistance and therapy free to all because normal people just cannot help even if they try their hardest and these people are doomed to lives of hardship if no one does anything. Additionally, I have my own minor mental health issues and then they would never be able to help me back partially because of THEIR issues, which really left me feeling bitter and drained.

user was talking about The Joker lmao

If you kill yourself your enemies (those clowns you just called friends) wins.

Give me your discord and ill talk philosophy with you you nihilistic turd. Delete me whenever you want.

hey man fuck those fags. Depression is real and it is debilitating. I understand the pain and I'm sorry. But those guys aren't your friends. If that's how they act they never were. Ditch the fuckers and try and get better. I know I can't so do it for me.

Yep. And you can bet they will be milking the "friendship" for attention and social media likes.

You shouldn't kill yourself, OP. Consider this a wake up call and start bettering yourself and your future. Don't invest your time and emotions into lame "friends".

I live in a country with 80,000 people, it's really hard to find new friends since everyone knows everyone else

This.

Normies are agents of the devil

Fuck off mate, I had depression for 3 years and no longer have it. Having experienced it I can say for certain most people have no clue what it's like. Life may be suffering, but everyday inconveniences and boredom do not even slightly compare to mental illnesses.

Your friends sound shitty and you should try to get some new ones. I could see mine not knowing what to say or how to react, but I could guarantee you they'd never distance themselves immediately over it.

Im sorry about your situation OP. Truly. But to answer your question; its mostly because people are virtue signaling. They want to look good but without being good. Finding honest good people these days is a rarity. I hope things get better for you.

Attached: 7E9A7845-213F-4254-84F0-D191CA387266.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

You're not special just because you feel empty and unmotivated and don't know how to cope with it. Such people should just blow their brains out.

What you just desrcibed is what therapist are for ??

>a country with 80.000 people
I would hardly call that a country. Maybe a town

This. Fucking normalfags and their bullshit #DoSomething mentality.

Attached: 1562500263102.png (642x641, 502K)

At least u have friends faggot. Try going through that shit alone.

The only people that give a shit are the ones that have it. Everyone else will only distance themselves from it. They're not wrong for doing that but you're going to have to learn to not expose that aspect of yourself to normans. they are hard wired to wall irregularities out of the gene pool.

ghost them and let them beat themselves up and worry that you killed yourself. do not post anything to social media if you have any accounts. do not answer or delice phone calls just let them ring. become a ghost and cut all contact with anyone. either they aren't worth your time and will forget you entirely or they come crawling back and now have to pretend to give a shit so you won't an hero

Because of social media and the llikes
Yesterdays friends = todays acquaintances

You have non, i have non, no one has any.

crying is like asking for a favor. an unilateral benefit. You need to build strong enough relationships so that when the times come people will concede the favor of help to you

>"When has talking ever solved anything? Just get on with your life."
Genuinely great advice. Therapists are hacks, your friends don't want to hear about your bullshit. Just bottle it up and quit being a puss.

never tell anyone anything. Never talk to anyone about anything. No one cares, even friends and family. Very rarely you can find one other person you will care about you, but that is what is called a bromance, or hetrosexual life partner. And these days it's rare to find a true friend.

Attached: master_and_commander_the_far_side_of_the_world_-_h_-_2003.jpg (928x523, 87K)

That hurt even me, user. I wish i could hug you.

she's right, though, only normalfags with "depression" are helped by talking about it

>"Speak up if you're having suicidal thoughts, you're not alone!"
>speak up about suicidal thoughts
>hospitalized with a bunch of other people like me or worse with staff that don't care about you and just throw mood stabilizers and crossword puzzles at you instead of actually trying to help

If you kill yourself your enemies lose