Anime club at my university has just formed and it's first meeting is Saturday (This was announced in my Japanese...

>anime club at my university has just formed and it's first meeting is Saturday (This was announced in my Japanese language class by the professor).
>tfw I want to see what it's like, but I feel like I wouldn't fit in/enjoy it

W-what do I do?

Attached: 9c30535007f9dbedf4ad618dedaa18b7219111ec4374638bb0c291de829ca6e2.png (630x720, 317K)

do it user, you have nothing to lose. I believe in you

I recommend an ar15 or a moss berg sawed off, cant go wrong with either.

Don't go. Those things are filled with actual sperges and people who go on r/animemes all day, you'll hate it.

Attached: 1565353569472.png (900x900, 299K)

It's an anime club, the other people there are probably as awkward/autistic/whatever as you are. Some of the only times I ever had in my life where I really felt like I fit in were in my anime club days.

What if I get bullied?

Attached: tbh.jpg (474x568, 25K)

They're only gonna be talking about the ultra-entry tier anime, just a heads up.

Most likely. I feel like I've watched every worthwhile anime already so I don't even watch anime anymore tbqh.

he says while posting gyate momiji

Attached: 1550905410340.png (350x336, 119K)

Never had an anime club in school but sometimes the lads would watch dragon ball Z on the library computers
Green text?

WHY DOESN'T MY UNI HAVE THIS AAAAAAAA

my anime club was okay, we played a lot of iidx and old fighting games, we watched some really popular stuff but also cool shows like one outs.

It's pretty pathetic, not even worth a green text

Dress up like a trap and go to it
I guarantee you I'll get tons of attention

Attached: 1555055219349.jpg (1280x720, 60K)

if there is a manga club join that instead, wouldnt bother with an anime club, will just be full of naruto headband wearing spergs.

Attached: 1523545218115.png (600x600, 477K)

I will bully your boipussy you little slut

Attached: 1554153621581.png (192x187, 94K)

you really have nothing to lose dude. its a bunch of spergs talking about annie may. you'll do fine

Attached: military_anime_girl_fanart_jsdf_nice.jpg (837x767, 137K)

Just give it a go, if anything the founding of the club is probably one of the best times to make friends there.

Attached: 1548103607036.jpg (757x756, 313K)

I signed up for the anime club in my freshman year of high school, I went in there and it was just a bunch of cliquey wanna-be-normies with their girlfriends who wouldn't include me in their meme.

I wasn't even a fan of anime, but my friend was in it so I just sat there awkwardly then never came back ever again. The teacher saw me reading a manga once and pressured me to join the club, and also pressured me to go to the regional anime convention, but I got kicked out of school before that. I guess I was there because I was too much of a pussy to say "no" to some people, but you're not gonna find any friends if you don't have already established connections with the club's members.

Everyone also smells like stank-ass and cat piss, they're also all fat. This probably doesn't come as a surprise to you because "anime" but yea, be prepared for that. You'll find like one or two cute girls with their LE EBIC MEEM Brad boyfriends in there who just make out in the corner the whole time fingering each other.

I guess what I said can apply for any kind of club or any other circlejerk bullshit like that. Minecraft servers, Discord groups, etc. All a bunch of normie clique bullshit. Don't even go.

Attached: cringe.jpg (112x125, 3K)

I wish what you say was grossly exaggerated but as time passes, this shit becomes more and more prevalent. Hell even online where you would expect spergs like you it's just a bunch of fucking starved normie-wannabes who are worse than normies.
This man speaks the truth.

>go into my local hobby/anime shop
>anime club had a little open house event thing
>still can't fit in
>still autistically sit in the corner with my thumb up my ass
>leave
should i just end it

It seems true from my experience in this language class. I'm not a gamer so I'm already shunned from all of the study groups in the class (They have a discord chat/play games together I bet)--Not that I would want to be their friends anyway. There is only one cute girl in the class, but she is massive weeb, I imagine she is only interested in Japanese guys, and being orbited by every guy in the class already.

I'll give it a shot, maybe there will be food.

Attached: 3101341_1355441977208.06res_500_281.jpg (500x281, 126K)

Can confirm. Went to my universities anime club and I felt ashamed I to even be associated with any of them. Most were just desperately seeking attention and validation in a social setting since they hadn't gotten any and they thought that college would be their early spring in the cherry blossoms new beginning at a social life. It wasn't. Shit, half of them didnt even want to watch the shows and movies. They just talked over it and sat on their laptops doing whatever. We even had that fucking couple that made out in the corner. I left and never came back when I couldn't stand it anymore and just watched good stuff with a few people I met later on my own.

Fuck that sucks if it's true. I really enjoyed anime club in my high school days but that was the early '00s when anime was just becoming popular in the US and was still definitely a nerd thing but not a hyper-niche obscure one. The people in my club were dorky but not completely socially inept.

>university
progressives and leftists
>anime club
weirdos in the bad sense of the word or minor chads and stacys with basic taste

You might find Cute weeb gf user

Attached: 1567603214835.png (801x1080, 1.26M)

If you're remotely normie, you'll be the one bullying them.

I went to my university's anime club back in college. It was a bunch of sociak misfits who were all a little dirty. It's relaxing because there's no social standard and I didn't feel judged at all and could just relax. It was shit because they were all into normie-tier anime and the idea that an anime with incest-related themes could be fun and entertaining to watch was taboo to them. They were ultimately just kind of boring and I stopped going.

This is exactly what I'm trying to say here:It was filled with a sort of reddit brand of anime people. Not /a/ but a watered down "memes XD" version. Easy to go and not give a fuck about anyone there but not really enjoyable.

Went to anime club for a year in high school. The people there were cringelords but it beat being alone.

If it has a "shower first" policy then go for it. If not then stay away.

Attached: 1565248846832.gif (200x335, 265K)

You should give it a try, if you like it its a win, if you don't, also a win because you now know for sure that it isn't for you. If you make friends its a win, and I doubt you could possibly make yourself standout enough among weebs to attract any real enemies.

Attached: Capture.png (563x452, 225K)

>I feel like I've watched every worthwhile anime already
Not likely. There's a ridiculous number of anime out there that you will never even seen mentioned anywhere, and that's not necessarily because it was too bad or mediocre to become popular.

I had a bad experience with anime club when I was in high school. I was athletic and had a letterman jacket, which I wore all the time. The people in anime club were really cliquey, they wouldnt talk to me. I kept trying to talk to people and one of the girls accused me of bullying them. The teacher in charge of the club knew me and knew I am not a bully, so I didnt get in any trouble, but I did quit the club. I'm peetty sure they did that because of my letterman jacket and they percieved me as a "jock" or something and themselves as "nerds" like in a movie. I am a nice guy, it hurts my feelings that they wouldnt talk to me.

Attached: original (2).gif (400x374, 182K)

I went to a city anime meetup and it was a disaster.
>Hey founder, read my Doctor Who x Reader fanfiction
>Let's watch this obscure harem anime from the 90s
But there was a uncharacteristically cute girl who attended. She stuck out like a sore thumb. It was like she was forced to be there. I think I ended up contributing to the club's image problem by sitting in the second-to-last row with her, 1 seat between us, never exchanging more than a few words.

It's gonna be cringe, user. Even if you like anime, you'll learn that talking about it irl, isn't.

Attached: 1540752667422.png (814x734, 529K)