Does talent actually exist? Are some people just born with better skills than others...

Does talent actually exist? Are some people just born with better skills than others? Or can everyone learn to do anything? I was always taught that I could do anything, but whenever I tried I failed.

Attached: talent.webm_20190912123944.webm (204x360, 1.3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pp06oGD4m00&t
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>talent.webm
>taught a baby to make some lines
>makes the same lines over and over
>hundreds of times per day
>soulless chink mother films baby making lines for social media acclaim
>"talent"
also to answer your question, no it does not exist

hardwork>talent

You do realize that failure is just a part of the process, right? You don't just try, fail once and then cry and quit. Persistence is the key to success most of the time. Talent might exist, as in some people just have a bit of an easier time learning something but there's still lots of hard work and failure involved.

I knew that video would be chinese.

Well,yeah. Beethoven was composing masterpieces before he hit puberty.

Talent exists but so does practice. You could be good at anything that's not physically impossible for you to do as long as you spend a ton of time doing it.

this, only retards think these chink videos are ever real

It certainly does. But as well as that, 'hard work' from a young age also means that you can forever be at an advantage. For example, even if I started chess now, I wouldn't ever be able to beat someone who started playing when they were around 5, even if we were born with similar genetics that meant we should theoretically have the same 'talent'. Also, some people's minds work in such a way that they are unconsciously practicing 'hard work' even though it looks like you are doing a similar amount of work. Someone who keeps their mind working all day by thinking about things that require quick reactions and exercising will probably be better at mental math than someone who doesn't do that, despite the fact that neither are overtly practicing their mental math.

that toddler just learnt how to do that shape, a feat even a monkey is capable of

Being able to be hardworking IS talent itself.

>you sound like you haven't had it happen to you yet
Nah, not directly. But only because I don't interact with people or have any hobbies that require me to do so. However I could look up thousands of people who are arguably better at the things I do. That doesn't really bother or demotivate me since I don't particularly care about these things. But I can understand how getting directly humiliated by someone might make you lose interest.

Doesn't matter.

While it's obvious to me that what this kid's parents have basically been slave-driving this kid into reproducing this pattern from the moment they could hold a pen, that kid is now YEARS ahead of their peers when it comes to fine motor control of their hands.

In 20 years that kid will be amazing.

Talent is BORN but you also need to work really hard to get to the top of your field. Take a brief look at this video and tell me this isn't RAW TALENT. He's lecturing some of the smartest mathematicians in the field.

youtube.com/watch?v=pp06oGD4m00&t

They've also been ingraining the wrong way to hold a fucking pen into the kid. You also have to realize that a lot of child prodogies either never end up being successful or producing anything worthwhile. A lot of them also just quit the thing their parents have been forcing them to do once they become adults

You're retarded if you don't think that this doesn't help build skills for future drawing. Being able to draw basic shapes and line confidence.

Will you be able to ever run as fast as prime Usain Bolt if you put in all of your effort?

Mozart. Beethoven didn't become a composer until his twenties.

No it's a choice.

Idk but I like to make weird shit.

Attached: 20190902_222229.jpg (3264x1836, 1.44M)

Pretty impressive seeing a toddler draw breakfast, lunch and dinner that well

I think I've seen talked to you in one of the /creative/ threads before. Were you the guy that made those plasticine figures for some kind of fantasy game?

i teach art at the college level and some people definitely have the gift. Many (not all) of the non gifted can catch up through hard work and the gifted often waste it anyway though.

Must be someone else, I just make retarded shit while waiting patiently for death

Attached: 20190906_211817.jpg (3264x1836, 1.77M)

Yes, talent exists. You can catch up with hard work if they don't work hard, but if talent works hard you can't really compete with them. Talent AND hard work is what separates the elite from the average.

i have a talent for failing

i remember there was a psychologist that said everyone can be talented if they start doing something from a young age.
And his daughter became a renoun chess player.

This is the ultimate blackpill, i'm a professionall musican and i play in an orchestra and everyone i've seen play at the top level has started playing as soon as they could, some instrument even at 2/3 yo.

If you did nothing from the age you were born to 14 you are pretty much done for and enjoy wageslaving for life.

everyone is talented at something, but that something may not be profitable

Some people just have better genes (=talent) than others

I used to fuck an americanized romanian. She had been raised in canada and studied in the states. But considered herself romanian and had been living there for the last few years.

She had soft skin, huge ass and tits that I consistently covered with cum, liked being hit and rough sex (which I dont). Overall good memories. She was kinda weird, emotionally I mean.

Besides that, romanians have the worst reputation in Spain

Slaves were talented as fuck then

Even that is just wishful thinking. There's absolutely no logical reason why everyone would be good at something.

It's a thing, not only do some people get a head start but they also can push themselves further than you ever could.

based

"talent" is the product of someone knowing how they learn effectively and possibly having had previous practice with something similar that shaped the skills needed for the task at hand.

it does not exist.

>Does talent actually exist? Are some people just born with better skills than others?

Yes.

A study recently determined the most talented violinists actually practice less than their less talented peers.

Obviously. IQ, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, personality traits like conscientiousness are all heavily genetic. To deny talent exists is insane delusion.

difference between good and uniquely good

i'm sure you're good at something, but that something isn't unique

it does exist to an extent, but it's still gotta be nurtured to make it truly blossom. you can achieve the same results with muh hard work but just not as quickly or easily.

So, what are people with Down syndrome good at? What is the mechanism behind everyone magically being good at something, and why is it impossible for someone to be poor at everything?

>So, what are people with Down syndrome good at?
They usually lack inhibitions and are loving and pure of heart. That's based.

>Does talent actually exist? Are some people just born with better skills than others?
Obviously. How do you go through life not noticing this?

Attached: Martini_bologna_mozart_1777.jpg (1200x1383, 383K)

Those aren't objectively measurable useful qualities, just features you subjectively assign value to.

what is this made of?

This board is full of Americans, they usually swallow the "pull yourself up by the bootstraps" shit hook, line and sinker. People are not born equal and no amount of hard work is going to make someone with an IQ of 80 a Nobel laureate in mathematics.

>just features you subjectively assign value to.
just like any talent

Well, in case you consider reality subjective, then I concede. Otherwise not.

if they were going to make an artist they wouldn't force the baby to keep doing stupid cartoonish line art in the same way over and over, no variation, with a marker, without any deviation whatsoever. this baby is not going to be an artist. all it knows how to do is some bullshit her mother made her do until she was competent enough to be filmed and put on social media. it's just some random meaningless skill the baby doesn't even understand. if this baby grows up and starts doing actual art it will have to undo this muscle memory and learn everything from scratch.
this too

you're talented at being an arse

Hoe many "talent" bruises do you think that chink baby has? Poor thing is already traumatized and it's barely out of the womb

The baby was probably tracing

I have some actual talents too, but one of them is not making rationalizations for just-world theorem.

If we consider reality subjective - which you could make a case for because we cannot perceive it outside our subjective consciousness - then you could make a case that everything is subjective and nothing can be objectively measured. However if we accept some unprovable axioms like a = a as truths, then I would make a case that there are actually objectively positive qualities, like having arms and legs. These allow me to practice a larger amount of agency over my own life than I would if I was born limbless. Surely this quality is an objectively positive one?

you can be theoretically correct, but in reality wrong.

the chance of 100% of people having a talent could be 0%

but in reality it could be 100%

your theory is flawed in respect to what you think might be the case vs what actually is the case

You don't need to make a line space after every single sentence, it doesn't make your texts easier to read, the effect is actually the opposite. And I honestly have no idea what you are talking about at this point.

Beethoven was also regularly beaten if he wasnt doing that, so its pretty clear why that happened

Yes. However, for all practical purposes, it can be leveraged with dedication and hard work. Only when you get into stuff like top tier athletes and bleeding edge research do naturally talented (and also hardworking) people have the complete and utter advantage

haha i guess you are a talentless hack

Jow Forums is an american imageboard. Foreigners weren't even allowed to post here in the beginning.

yes some people are inherently better at some things than others but it can only go so far. its that drive and passion for something in combination with pure talent. Even the greats had to start from the bottom, sure they had a leg up compared to someone of normal capabilities but they also wanted it more. if you want it enough you will get it, but it doesnt come without sacrifice

came here to say this
fuck chinks, absolutely soulless
subhuman to say the least

Working hard in conjunction with natural born talent is the ultimate super power. If you're a lazy genius, then you're or no use to anyone and you should seek the shortest rope and sturdiest beam to attach yourself to. But if you're even marginally above intelligent and capable of following through on shit, then you're already more useful than probably 80% of the human population.

>a 2 year old east asian shows off skills that are demonstrably superior to hordes of age 10-30 tumblrista artistes
>DURRR CHINKS ARE SOULLESS

Attached: 1515090023721.jpg (480x393, 25K)

You can learn anything but yeah some people born with more talent to do things better Than others

So go be the next michael jackson.

this video is fake as fuck, retard

I feel like talent and luck are very fucking real. that said so is hardwork and you could learn to do anything within reason, just don't expect to be actually good at it.

The concept of some kind of natural talent is stupid. You may have advantages and disadvantages in certain aspects physical and mental. You may be more interested in learning something than others and therefore do it quicker. You may just be autistic as fuck and spend every waking hour doing the same thing and get fucking good. You may just find pleasure in an activity and end up spending more time doing it and end up ahead of others. You may just have hardcore discipline and work your way up methodically.
So many different ways for people to end up learning at a different pace.

Not accepting talent is a thing is an extension of just world fuckery and free will bullshit.
Congrats, you have the entirety of empiricism against you.

What you just described IS natural talent you god damn idiot.

>Surely this quality is an objectively positive one?
Placing value on things still depends on the subject, though; even if everyone agrees that having arms is good, that makes it as subjective opinion shared by everyone, not objectively good. Furthermore, there are bound to be special cases that depend on circumstances in your life and what kind of mind you have; take that furry recently who is rumored to have gotten his hands amputated on purpose, for example. Even having certain talents may be considered bad by some people because of 'the grass is always greener' syndrome; they may curse the fact they have talent because they feel it restricts them in some way.

It's easier to delude oneself into thinking that talented people are not real than to realize that no matter how hard you try you'll never come close achieve what they can.
You know, like Chad. just be confident bro.

>Does talent actually exist?
Yes.

>Are some people just born with better skills than others?
Yes.

>Or can everyone learn to do anything?
No.

>I was always taught that I could do anything, but whenever I tried I failed.
You can't, you were lied to by our "everyone's a winner" culture.

It's not fake the kid was literally just forced to do the same drawing over and over. If she were sitting at a piano she'd be playing the first phrase of Beethoven's 9th or something, it's the same principle.

Apparently I know the exact pitch of A 440 at all times now

Idk why. I never really studied music theory. I just fucked around with some instruments and learned to play some songs by ear mostly

Talent literally comes down to your genetics.
>Barry Bonds
One of the best baseball players of his time. His father? Also one of the best baseball players of his time
>Dale Earnhardt
One of the best NASCAR racers of his time. His son? Also one of the best of his time. His father? Same thing.
>Peyton Manning and Eli Manning
Two of the best football players in recent history. Their father? One of the best during his time.

I can keep going but you get the point. Your skills are determined at birth. I would spend hours and hours practicing basketball as a kid. And when I actually got to play against my friend I would always lose. It didn't matter that I practiced everyday and he only played once or twice. He had the better genetics so he won.

I remember seeing this video like a year ago.

Attached: smugwojak4v2.png (640x400, 32K)

Hahaha for real? What a coincidence! Wow!

I wouldn't doubt it. Real practice comes from intuitively understanding what you are practicing. The most talented of any field just have an inmate feel for what they are doing. Putting in hours of practice doesn't mean you put in hours of the right kind of practice.

>Even the greats had to start from the bottom

Honestly, the most talented people go from zero to hero pretty quick. All it takes is a couple years for extremely talented people to be brought up to snuff. If you think top-tier sprinters were ever slow you are kidding yourself. The same goes for writing and mathematics, really.

Learn how Mozart was raised and you'd see how stupid are you being.