Do you have a feminine or masculine voice in your head?

Do you have a feminine or masculine voice in your head?

Attached: Discord_4ZbEFT0rCx.png (676x676, 736K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0dzyVa8z9g8
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internal_monologue
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I get sometimes this gurgling deep echoing voice in my head that tells me to worship them.

fem. lol

Its my own voice but I'm working on getting schizophrenia

sometimes i hear Peter Steele singing but thats not my voice

I have a deep, resonating voice. Masculine in my head regardless.

I talk the way Ian Curtis sings

>Do you have a feminine or masculine voice in your head?
hearing sounds in your head is schizophrenia

I think in japanese villian voice

Attached: 1567389154256.jpg (703x675, 53K)

having inner voice =/= multiple uncontrollable voices in your head like a radio you can't tune out of

>having inner voice =/= multiple uncontrollable voices in your head like a radio you can't tune out of
how do you distinguish your inner voice from a voice that sounds like your inner voice?

Bit androgynous

>having a literal inner voice
lol

I've just described it to you, schizophrenia auditory hallucinations are like a radio that cannot be turned off, multiple voices every waking moment, it's different to say being in a shop and hearing that voice deciding weather to get cheerios or corn flakes and it isn't even there half the time

Your inner voice is you and an indicator of your soul. Voices that dont belong to you that you also cannot control is a sign of psychosis.

usually just my voice but sometimes I get intrusive thoughts in a different voice that comment on something that happened or berate me. If I watch a TV show or movie my inner voice often talks to me in the voice of the main character for a while afterwards.

Attached: 1566703954638.png (837x1080, 487K)

your voice wont tell you to screw yourself over i think

how do you control your inner voice tho? your inner vocal chords?

Masculine voice that sounds like some generic yelpy psycho character
Like someone doing a bad Joker impresion

>brother has hentai clothes like that too
>feel neverending despair and hopelessness whenever i see him wear them
i watch anime sometimes too but something about it really drives home how fucked up our family and genetics are

Attached: 1564258590814.png (547x556, 344K)

I dont have schizophrenia but sometimes refer to myself as we in my head wirhout thinking. I don't know what's wrong with me but it worries me.

you need to beat your brother every time he wears them

It just kinda works

NO I'M NOT FALLING FOR IT, YOU'RE NOT GOING TO MAKE ME A TRANNY

This one
>vocaroo.com/i/s0dzyVa8z9g8

But if you smell a fresh baked pie your mind instantly says "thats a fresh baked pie." That's not something you control.

Holy shit, NPCs are real. There are real human beings who don't have inner dialogues. Amazing.

It sort of varies and depends on the situation, but currently it's femmy~! UwU

same here, depending on what mood i'm in it could be feminine or masculine, if im angry or frustrated its masculine, i think its stems from parental figures

You're the NPC because neither of us said we weren't NPCs but you allowed your mind to formulate that conclusion without any proof.

i beat him a lot when we were younger for his annoying behavior but he never adjusted it. sadly i don't think that would do much user

It's usually just my voice. I'm sure I could change it with conscious effort, but fuck that noise.

Attached: download (2).jpg (310x163, 10K)

remember, the meme came from this college survey that said that a shit ton of people had no fucking inner concious (inner voice) at all, so yeah the meme is actually fucking real

Feminine if talkn to doggos, masculine if I need to get something done

ooh sometimes I make my thoughts sound like a really pissed off Khorne Beserker. But only at work.

I always hear gaddafi's voice whenever i think about libya, which is everyday.
There will never be a country just like gaddafi's libya.

Attached: gaddafi1.jpg (630x420, 25K)

It sounds decently masculine in my own head but when I hear it coming from a microphone I cannot helpy but to cringe, HARD.

Attached: Death-Stranding-logo.jpg (1920x1080, 823K)

If you actually physically hear a voice in your head as you're going about your day you need to get yourself treated before it's too late

gosh what is it with normies? Have you seriously never had a voice in your head as you were making a decision?

Obviously not, I make the decision myself because I don't have some kind of mental disorder. Do you literally share your mental space with another entity that talks? I'm serious, this NPC meme only shows how many people on this site have schizophrenia and don't even know it.

normally its just a somewhat mono-toned version of my voice
when I get high though it sounds like space dandy

masculine and I'm female. it kind of sounds like the guy from depeche mode

Nice try, femoid. You won't be getting anymore new converts here.
>obligatory go dilate.

>articulating thoughts is psychotic

No youre just a bugman

>Do you literally share your mental space with another entity that talks?

No it's when i'm doing stuff like reading, or making a serious decision whether to get coke or pepsi

they're fucking with you. everyone except literal mongoloids subvocalizes or thinks to themselves

>If you actually physically hear a voice in your head as you're going about your day you need to get yourself treated before it's too late
You guys are NPCs without souls; everyone HAS to have a monologue dialogue inside his head, otherwise you literally have no soul. You would be what the NPC meme was created for. On the other hand, us HUMAN BEINGS have our inner dialogues but we KNOW they're ours. WE direct them; on the other hand, I know for a fact that it gets schizophrenic only when you hear voices that AREN'T YOURS. Those that you can clearly tell : "Hold on, this isn't mine. Someone else said that!"

I HONESTLY cannot understand or comprehend how there can be human beings without inner dialogues going on inside their heads. Have you actually never watched a movie, like one from Woody Allen, where there are inner dialogues from their heads all of the time?

Attached: 1568233297154.jpg (280x330, 58K)

neutral, just seems to be more my voice which is pretty faggy

Attached: 1545031019273.png (605x511, 383K)

user, when you read things silently, do you not hear the words you're reading in your head?

my inner voice is my voice but silent.

Articulating means you're expressing it externally. You can't articulate thoughts to yourself because that requires using words. Are you telling me you frequently have entire conversations with yourself inside your head? How is that not a mental illness?

What happens if you try to speed read something? Does the voice get super fast and scramble the words? Do you have to debate yourself if you want coke or pepsi?

Bros if you can picture things in your head you're actually just hallucinating because you're a schizophrenic.

i do but I don't think you have much control over it

user I can guarantee to you that normal human beings don't go around monologuing to themselves every time they go to the grocery store or something. Those characters in the movies are narrating for the sake of letting the audience know what the character is thinking. The character isn't actually having a conversation with himself in his head. That's the mark of someone who is mentally unstable.

So you only hear that voice when you're reading? You don't hear it when you're trying to recall a shopping list or talking to yourself in your head? Weird.

What happens if you try to speed read something? Does the voice get super fast and scramble the words?

i just skip the words i miss, for example trying to speed read your post would be like "what happens read something does scramble debate pepsi?"

Do you have to debate yourself if you want coke or pepsi?

yeah i make two sides putting forward points but they are same voice

I got a Robert De Niro voice playing as my inner monologue since forever.

I have a masculine refined voice, he speaks slower and more verbose than myself

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internal_monologue
user if you dont have an internal monologue you're the one in the minority.

It's not shared space, it's literally me. It's called a conscience. Is your head really an empty void? Are your decisions really just the product of machinations beneath the hood?

>trying to recall a shopping list
I write mine down
>talking to yourself in your head
how much control does someone have over that tho when the thoughts come to you

masculine, of course user

It worries us too

>how much control does someone have over that tho when the thoughts come to you
I don't even know what you mean. I never hear something in my head that isn't my own thoughts, but I don't plan out my thoughts before I think them. U don't even think it's possible to plan your thoughts.

You watch too many streamers or letsplayers. They always say "we" to make the audience feel more involved.

If you have to ask then it isn't a problem

I don't think its possible to know what are your thoughts and what are not

I guess you could say feminine in a sense. More accurate would be to say not particularly masculine. The thing is that even though the imagined character of my internal dialogue is ultimately based on my own voice it's greatly influenced by how my voice used to sound when I was much much younger. I didn't immediately stop thinking in a higher pitched childs voice just because my actual voice started to become deeper as I got older and how that inner voice sounds to me has only changed very very slowly.

>U don't
*I don't
My mistake.

>neither of us said we werent NPCs

>Hello, fellow human!
>I assure you I am NOT an NPC
>My experiences are exactly the same as yours. Why dont you tell me more about them for my program- err, my entertainment

NO you fucking NPC faggot. Go watch a movie by Woody Allen RIGHT FUCKING NOW, and you'll see that we are always thinking and monologuing with ourselves. IT IS the way things SHOULD BE. The only way to stop this chit-chat monologue we all have inside our heads is through meditation, which works precisely by blocking distracting thoughts and the like and the inner monologue which are our thoughts. At least with highly verbally intelligent people, their thinking is practically nonstop.

WATCH THIS RIGHT THIS INSTANT, NPC!!!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YfqtkqVneg

and this (unfortunately it has no subtitles)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0nvZTlbGrw

Attached: annie-hall.jpg (640x480, 95K)

I have aphantsia aka NPC Syndrome. I only hear a 'milk voice', that cannot be changed in volume or the way it sounds

you're an NPC
you let other people dictate your thoughts

This seems completely alien to me. Do people really go around as if having a talk with someone, but inside their own head? When you wake up, do you say to yourself in your head "I have to go to the bank today" word for word, instead of just knowing what you have to do without talking to yourself?

Well I certainly don't talk to myself to make my decisions. For example, if I already know that I like the color red over the color blue, then I don't need to talk to myself in my head about whether I'm buying a red balloon or a blue balloon, because I already know which one I prefer. I don't narrate my decisions to myself.

So when you see a picture of Morgan Freeman you don't read the words in his voice?

Attached: download (1).jpg (500x463, 40K)

Even when we are talking to some people, we actually are talking and monologuing something with ourselves at the same time, ESPECIALLY with highly intelligent verbal people. This being shown in art form through film for the first time (probably) in movie history through this movie of Woody Allen, in this scene right here :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JduADWt0XMI

You are a total NPC but I wish you good luck anyway!!! Seriously, good luck and best wishes!!!!!!!

Attached: 1035px-Klimt_-_Pallas_Athene.jpg (1035x1024, 405K)

Ummm did you misread my post?

I was making a joke about how it would be crazy if people had to declare that they werent NPCs

Getting defensive like you just did is a sign of mental instability. NPCs dont exist, user

More like I wake up and think to myself "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck", but ya, the premise is the same. It's because I'm not an NPC and i have an actual experience.

Fuck he was a good player, can't believe the chances of that hand.

Attached: 7700_f8eb_750.png (750x500, 463K)

>Do people really go around as if having a talk with someone, but inside their own head?
A talk with themselves, yes.
>When you wake up, do you say to yourself in your head "I have to go to the bank today" word for word, instead of just knowing what you have to do without talking to yourself?
It's usually more like "Aw fuck, I forgot I have to go to the bank today."
And thinking it to myself is the same as the act of knowing it. They're inseparable, neither comes before the other.

if I intentionally try to I can

I do meditation as well and I don't think it has anything to do with words in your head. A big part of it is about visualization, or rather the lack of it. I'm curious, if I tell you to imagine the sun, does your head say the word "sun", or can you picture the image of the sun in your head?
Regarding the movie clips, thanks for sharing. The interview one specifically seems crazy to me. I can't imagine paying attention to what people are telling me if my head was constantly speaking to itself like that.

If you want to experience the difference between inner monologue and auditory hallucinations take a large amount of diphenhydramine. Auditory hallucinations are completely differently in that you're sure the sounds you're hearing areade from the outside world. Inner monologue is just an inner voice.

>if I tell you to imagine the sun, does your head say the word "sun", or can you picture the image of the sun in your head?
I picture the sun.

My internal monologue stayed more or less my childhood voice so I guess that counts as fem.

I have an experience too, but it doesn't include talking to myself. Can you explain to me what makes you any different feom those movie characters with multiple personality disorders who talk to themselves as if there was someone else there? Why does your own mind need to have a conversation with itself?

That's very fascinating. I can't imagine formulating entire sentences in my head for every thought that comes into mind. Do you ever find yourself wasting time by thinking in words or is it an instant process?

Me too. That's why I don't understand the idea that people think via monologue. To me thoughts are just pictures, concepts and symbols. Words are what you use to express those to other people.

I picture the fucking sun, man

But if Ive got a big to-do list, I dont picture the to-do list in my head, I remind myself:
>Okay, I got to run to the bank, go to the grocery store and get my haircut today

I dont know why this is such a foreign concept to you. My guess is that youre baiting for yous out of boredom

Its the voice of Paladin Danse.

Attached: danse.png (595x516, 387K)

When I think with words, it's more a dialogue between me and people I know, normally I picture things or feel what I must do.

>Me too. That's why I don't understand the idea that people think via monologue. To me thoughts are just pictures, concepts and symbols. Words are what you use to express those to other people.
Not him, but if you're not soulless you can think in both

>>Okay, I got to run to the bank, go to the grocery store and get my haircut today
But in order to remind yourself of that do you literally say it in your goddamn head as if you were reminding someone else? I think I'm the one who's not in on the joke honestly because it makes no sense to me that other people have to speak to themselves as if they were an outsider in their own mind.

Internal monologue is for low iq people

I have inner dialogue without any literal voice

cumshot mouth

>But in order to remind yourself of that do you literally say it in your goddamn head as if you were reminding someone else?
Yes, but it takes such a minimal amount of mental energy, I mean it is really infinitesimal. It takes no time or energy to say it in my head

Heres an example. I walk up to the cashier at the grocery store. I notice her appearance. I say in my head:
>She is cute
And thats it. I dont have to process anything. I dont have to reserve space in my head

Do you go about your day verbalizing every observation about every stranger you pass on the street? You might be a schizo

We don't have a monologue, we directly feel the thoughts, holy shit, imagine having a voice in your head all the time, how annoying.

Yes, people = weird

I do the same thing. But I've already come to terms with both personalities. One for home use and people I am familiar with and the other for work and meeting new people. The one used for work is really just a mask that sits on top of the other personality when needed.

>Do you ever find yourself wasting time by thinking in words or is it an instant process?
No, the opposite actually. I think much faster than I can talk so sometimes I'll jumble up sentences because my mouth can't keep up with my brain.

I never knew other people's minds operate like that. Following your example, when I see a cute girl I don't say to myself "she's cute". I picture her face and I associate it with the concept of cuteness, no words involved. When you see a woman with a big ass, do you verbally think "she has a big ass" or are you able to take note of it without any verbal description?
>Do you go about your day verbalizing every observation about every stranger you pass on the street?
No, I never verbalize something I observe unless I'm gonna tell someone else about it. If I see a stranger with a funny hat, I just stare at it and feel the emotion of amusement. But if I was with someone else, then I would tell them "Look, that guy has a funny hat".