The Internet as we know it is being threatened

On June 20th or June 21st the EU could force internet users to pay tax for using copyrighted material.

Under copyright reform article 13, the EU will force copyrighted material, regardless of fair use, to pay a tax that only large corporations can afford. They will use bots that don't know the difference between piracy and fair use. This means that if you post a link, meme, critique, or anything transformative, you have to pay a tax to whatever corporation/entity you were using . We won't be able to play a short clip of, say a television show, no matter how you used it. It applies to the EU specifically, but, with its huge economy, It could easily have a profound effect on the US and world.

youtube.com/watch?v=fvXOfq3AB8s&t=207s
edri.org/eu-member-states-agree-on-monitoring-filtering-of-internet-uploads/
reuters.com/article/us-eu-copyright/eu-states-agree-rules-to-make-search-engines-pay-for-news-idUSKCN1IQ2NS

In order to stop this, we must not be Aggressive, saying things like "Fucking EU retards implementing more bullshit" however, we must be assertive, saying things like "Though it will diminish piracy significantly, the damage it will do to free speech is way more dangerous" (and then you’d give examples and evidence why that is); If we seem like the more rational side of the argument, more people will side with us. It’s not wrong to be enraged and frustrated with this, but, like with MLK Jrs “I had a dream” speech, people will listen more to an concerned message than a hateful one. With the EU making our time to prevent it very short, we must talk about it wherever and whenever we can.

If this law gets passed, all the freedoms and opportunities the internet has given us, the entire point of the internet (being able to upload Independent and experimental ideas, thoughts and content) will be destroyed almost permanently.

#saveyourinternet

Attached: justice_versus_money__svitalskybros.jpg (792x560, 176K)

boring

please help me lole
can some kiwi get me a kiwi residency permit

But important, is it not?

while I'm generally with you, please go to for political discussion, and stop occupying r/banter's land

if it passes euros can't post here anymore because 4chin will have to cease business in the eu

I'm okay with this
This means that yuropoors won't be on the internet anymore because they can't afford to pay tax on copyrighted material
#EuroPurge

Attached: 4d4.png (640x640, 330K)

look user I just want to be consistent in telling Jow Forums threads to go to Jow Forums

Attached: 1528322886776.jpg (450x450, 29K)

2 much work

politics suck, can we go back to pointlessly shitposting!

Payback for the mutt meme

it's not a meme though

Remember when the internet was panicking because of Ajit Pai and the whole net neutrality shit? What exactly ended up happening? Not a single thing.
This is too retarded to ever become a reality and there would be a fucking riot if they ended up pulling through with it.

Because Ajit was deregulating. This is more regulation

this is actually important though
some businesses have already ceased business in the eu because of gdpr
read about the new law

also

I dont care, Europoors voted in a totalitarian state and now they are going to have to deal with the reality of that system.

Fuck em.

Good thing I don't live in the EU

Shut the fuck up

Don't care, it does't affect me.

But the EU has such a big economy, that it could easily influence the world as a whole.

>EU
why should I feel anything other than amused?

Kindly fuck off.

I hope it really does destroy the internet memes, because then it means there is no more r/banter

still huwhiter than u, turkgerm

But really, are they just doing this to cut down on "fake news" (real news that the gov and mayne stream meteor don't want you to know)?

Attached: 1510707538810.gif (640x550, 204K)