Why are there happy ugly people What is in it for them? Is it like an inside joke I am missing or something

Why are there happy ugly people What is in it for them? Is it like an inside joke I am missing or something

Attached: 1548368424101.jpg (944x1024, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bP5Cd8i6Cb4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They rely on their personality and charm to make people like them. A funny fat guy is more of a pleasure to be around than a depressed Chad-looking asshole. People will ignore your looks if you're cool.

Good question. I've been trying to find out their secret.

That seems pretty fake and cucky to me. I can't understand why I should take someone seriously when their copes are so obvious.

>A funny fat guy is more of a pleasure to be around than a depressed Chad-looking asshole
Halo effect

>A funny fat guy is more of a pleasure to be around than a depressed Chad-looking asshole.
100% wrong there, most people will take depressed chad

It's funny that it's always the most retarded, pathetic people who look down on others for finding a way to get by in life. The ugly guy has friends and romantic partners and an ok job that he got just from being someone who people like to be around, meanwhile you, a guy who has none of those things and never will, feels like he's beneath you because you don't have the confidence nor the social skills to make yourself likable.

Halo effect is about first impressions. If someone realizes you aren't worth a fuck an hour after meeting you, the halo effect wears off and you just become some pathetic but handsome sadsack.

This
t. chubby ugly user that can make people laugh
After years of being ugly you develop the /paggliaci/ personality, its how your brain makes you survive. For me it works just fine
Sorry if my english is bad thanks for reading

Based user stating the facts

Halo effect influences literally everything. Including how funny people will perceive you.

Chad and an ugly guy can make the same joke and get wildly different reactions.

youtube.com/watch?v=bP5Cd8i6Cb4

the difference is that happy ugly people have social skills and you don't, the fact you can't imagine people wanting to be around you just because of your personality is indicative of this.

Why do you need to be likable? Now that sounds pathetic.

>using fucking Mad Men to prove your point
Yes people will accept more from better looking people but the halo effect definitely wears off over time and people would rather be around a charismatic and fun ugly guy than a Debbie downer handsome guy. I know this is hard to accept because accepting it would mean you have to take responsibility for your life, but it's true. If there's an ugly but charismatic guy and a handsome and charismatic guy, people will obviously like the handsome guy better. But if there's an ugly charismatic guy and a handsome but shitty guy, people will be drawn toward the ugly guy.

you cant be charismatic and ugly, most ugly men just play the jester and degrade themselves for other peoples entertainment

Not that user imBut the whole point of being likable in my opinion is to avoid conflict because most of humans try to step on other people to hide the fact that they are weak and are scared of being the loser of the group
Or to make a work easy if they have to work with other people
Or just to have a good time/avoid loneliness
Its just a way to make your life less shitty user maybe you don't give a fuck but not everyone is like (You)

Because their happiness doesn't rely on the approval of useless women. Once you stop caring about what women think life gets much easier. You're all way too vain.

Attached: DduV0wAU0AIXvGO.jpg (877x671, 58K)

Robots are always the ones who want to be liked. In one breath, you claim to not understand why this ugly person or this person of a different race is liked, and then turn around and say "why the fuck would I want to be likable lol"

You're stupid and there's no point in talking to you if you're just going to say dumb shit without proof or post scenes from fucking TV shows to back up your claims.

You've provided absolutely shit all evidence yourself

>you cant be charismatic and ugly
No,you can't be charismatic at all
We are doing just fine

Ugly men are literally never considered charismatic, best they can pull off is the funny fat who who self deprecates himself for entertainment, some retards mistake that for charisma.

I'm just speaking common sense. You all obviously see ugly people who are happy and lead normalfag lives. It's because they're cool enough that people look past their ugliness. You're the ones who are saying "no it can't be that!"

>I'm just speaking common sense.
Except it's not common sense, it's mindless bullshit you tell yourself to cope.

>being this egocentric

I don't think you even know what egocentric actually means.

And no I actually have never really seen normal ugly people, most ugly people I see are at best tolerated. The whole charismatic ugly guy thing just seems to be a legend everyone assumes must exist because everyone seems to act like they've seen them, but no has actually seen them for themselves.

So why do you think there are ugly guys who live normal lives? You think they're paying everyone to be around them? Do you think their wife is just some prostitute that's providing a long term Girlfriend Experience? Do you think their friends are only there out of pity? Sometimes the simplest explanation is the correct one. And the simplest explanation is that they're just cool guys.

ITT: supermodels bemused at how life can even be a thing when you're ugly

I don't see why there aren't laws to protect real humans from ugly men desu. What if a horse sees them? That's the end of whatever barn they're in. That's ugly people literally causing property damage and their faces should be illegal.

Attached: zoolander.jpg (670x377, 294K)

There are a total of zero people who are ugly and live a normal happy life.

it's a coping mechanism. their life might be comparatively shit, but they *try* to feel like it's not shit. "oh I don't have a girlfriend, I'm happy alone" from whom have you heard that phrase? certainly not from someone who could find a partner with ease.