All I do is drink in my room by myself but the hangovers are getting worse and worse...

All I do is drink in my room by myself but the hangovers are getting worse and worse, any tips on how to avoid them or lessen the impact?

inb4: don't drink.

Attached: Depressed Pepe.jpg (250x241, 7K)

drink lots and lots of water, best way to try and reduce hangovers

Drinking is a weak coping mechanism user, become a cutter instead.

Attached: 1544092656440.jpg (1239x1740, 265K)

Before bed right? I drink a pint.

Cutting seems like something girls do.

That's a misconception but it doesn't matter anyway, nobody has to know. I just do my upper thigh that is covered by my underwear, people would only see if I'm naked.
>less unhealthy than alcohol
>cheaper
>only need a sharp clean object
>no hangovers
Just don't go too deep and take precautions to avoid infections.

Attached: 1562350617519.jpg (788x1024, 79K)

What does it do, how does it make you cope with this horrible existence? at least with alcohol music is better and I daydream about nice things.

There's just something cathartic about it and it distracts you. Essentially converting emotional pain into physical pain. It can also help you feel if you're numb.

why do hangovers get worse the longer you drink? i used to never get them when I started. also what's the point of drinking if it isn't for lowering-social-anxiety purposes?

no, while drinking you have to drink a lot of water since alcohol dehydrates

Because I drink so often by myself and the more I drink the more I need to get drunk as time goes on as my body gets used to it meaning the after-effects are also more poweerful. It's not about social anything I don't like people and alcohol is a good coping mechanism for the failure I am desu.

Wont water sober me up whilst i'm drinking though,

Drink less. Stop drinking when you start getting a buzz, you don't have to get shitfaced.

eat good meals with healthy fats and drink water. I wont tell you to stop drinking but eating big meals with good amounts of fat will let you do so longer and keep you healthier

why do you drink by yourself? i feel like alcohol just makes me sleepy and I don't really notice anything else unless I'm prompted to talk, in which case I get really chatty and not-robotic. how does it make you feel when you drink alone? like I've heard the whole "it numbs pain" shtick but what does that mean? is it that you normally have negative thought patterns that make you feel bad but if you're drunk they still exist but don't make you feel bad? or what?

hard to explain. Me personally drinking does stop alot of shit that would normally effect you like panic attacks, cringe attacks, or PTSD memories. it's like blocked, though for other this can be enhanced depending on how much you have drank and what type of person you are with certain mental illnesses.

All in all for a person to get to a point where they feel so uncomfortable irl where they can't even go outside, drinking is a really nice coping mechanism to just fucking have a nice time and laugh in your room as it does help in them departments, but again it depends who you are because I wouldn't be able to smoke weed for example but others would.

Just do Kratom dude

Different user, I don't get how some people can numb the pain with drinking. It makes me emotional as shit, it actually enhances the pain.

1) Drink water before you go to bed. Have a bottle of water near to drink just when you wake up and drink more water after you wake up.
2) Eat something while you drink. I think this helps to reduce the hangover because your body has calories and not just alcohol in the stomach.
3) Find your limit and don't drink more.

same here. I find it makes me pretty happy actually but then if I get too drunk I start crying

Because it relaxes you.

Water wont sober you up while you drink at all, dont worry. You should be chugging water alongside booze, no joke it is the only surefire way for me to avoid a hangover. This is why people drink vodka and waters.

Hangovers got worse as I got older. Eventually I just had to make the choice to stop drinking altogether. After a week I realized just how much more I enjoy waking up feeling good than I do getting drunk every night. Hopefully you make this realization as well, user.

Attached: 1566370269113.jpg (746x512, 34K)

I will try this one day. Like drinking one beer and after it a glass of water. The problem I see with this is that you will feel full with so much liquid. Wait until go to the bathroom I suppose.

Do you not miss it though? like in my head every day it's constantly there if I don't drink and I have the urge to drink because I am able too.

You have to pee a lot, but liquor makes you pee all your water out you're just replacing it with more water too now and thats what prevents the hangover. Just enjoy the pee brother it is pleasant

Hair of the dog.
Org

So hangover is caused by dehydration then?

Why people say is worst to drink with soda than drinking the liquor alone or with water? I thought the hangover was also related to the sugar in the soda but if you think about it it doesn't have much sense. Sugar gives you energy, I don't think that contributes to the hangover.

Beer has no sugar from soda and it stills gives you hangover.

Yeah peeing while drunk is one of the best moments in life hahaha.

And why does alcohol or liquor make you get out the water from your body?

because you will get fat faster, thats the only reason i can think of as to why soda and alcohol would be considered bad. yes, you are correct it doesnt make sense for sugar to be the source of hangovers.

I did for the first few weeks, mostly falling asleep fast from being drunk. Take benadryl, it'll help. Was pretty mopey and depressed for a bit after quitting, things were just not very interesting anymore so just layed on couch after work watching tv for like a month straight. After that, I started getting more natural energy and motivation again which honestly I forgot how much better it feels compared to artificial fun from drugs and alcohol. Went through it twice, once with booze and again with speed when I was in HS. Each time I gave it up, I felt shit for a month then after, felt like i was human again. My advice for whatever it's worth, give it up for a month and just see how you feel. Gl user

Attached: 1566363763768.jpg (1024x816, 93K)

I think it must be dehydration. But why the pain is in the head? Does the brain gets damaged for that lack of water in the blood or something? I'm just speculating here.

alcohol fucks up your pituitary gland and makes you excrete less ADH, needed for your kidneys. this means that you pee more and more and in turn get dehydrated because you cant regulate how much water stays in your system anymore (pituitary gland fuckup). apparently the headaches are caused by dilating blood vessels in your brain, since thats something alcohol can do, but im not too sure about that one :/

To hide the pain

I've always been intrigued by cutting,I was thinking about trying it out to see if I can feel human again but didn't get to it yet.

Cutting is an effeminate way to get attention, it doesn't help you cope with the horrors of life. There's nothing for a man to gain by scratching his arms