What are your best strategies for being alone?

For practical reasons I want to be better with being alone. I have already limited my social outings to less than 5 per year (and I'm in University too) and I only have regular IRL contact with 2 friends (1 roommate and 1 friend who comes over weekly) and online contact with a handful of others. What are your strategies for having few to no friends and no romantic relationships? I want to hone my loneliness skills because I believe being dependent on other people for happiness and satisfaction is lame as fuck. Soon I will leave Canada and pursue a career abroad where I will have no friends and no connections. I'm looking forward to this but I want to be fully prepared.

Attached: tf40Ylf.jpg (640x854, 78K)

I don't have a strategy I'm just ugly as fuck

Not sure, but this is a good idea. I think I'll move to Wyoming, buy a sex doll (already picked out to match my ex's body), and live out the rest of my days in solitude. I get neetbux for life so I don't even need to work. Thanks God

I've found playing VN's with mostly depressing themes helps. Probably not in the best way but briefly it helps bring a connection into my life before snatching it away and bringing me to reality. Reality being that there isn't a happy ending. Then the cycle continues.
It also helps to emotionally drain and or emotionally deaden me.

So I'm really indifferent as to what works and what doesn't but if i had to say I'd say the Japanese are onto something.

>I get neetbux for life so I don't even need to work
How do you get your NEETbux? How did you manage to get a gf while on NEETbux?

>I'd say the Japanese are onto something
Probably true. I might look into how the Japanese cope with loneliness. My initial plan was to just get a gf but I don't want to deal with the bullshit that comes packaged with most women. Hopefully I can find a similarly antisocial girl to shack up with.

Attached: vnOP1iP.png (1136x640, 989K)

hiking mountains is a somewhat amusing way to pass time, though also sort of boring because you're just walking

maybe listening to a podcast would be a good remedy. I really like Hardcore History and the Abroad in Japan Podcast. Thanks for the idea.

Attached: VzeRfIX.jpg (640x834, 124K)

Have early morning classes, preferably one after another. This is so nobody talks to you cause tired or trying to focus. Plus only smart people wake up for 8 o'clock classes.

Eat an hour before normal, aka 11 and 5 instead of 12 or 6. Earlier is always better.

Always stay in your room. Dont open the door unless you know who/why someone is knocking.

Generally be up early, or late but that has parties. Only other people up that early are gym bros who are chill.

Never agree to meet anyone. Do all group work over internet

I'm planning on teaching English in East Asia. It's a job that lets me work, save money, and travel. It's a dream of mine to live in exotic places and being alone affords me the flexibility to pack my bags and move around.

>teaching English in East Asia
Based. This is exactly what I'm going to do. Where are you planning on going? I'm thinking China, Taiwan, or Korea. 1.5 more years of Uni and I'm free.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 36K)

I'm going to start in Japan, but I want to jump around till I find a country I like.
I am graduating this fall and I am getting a CELTA certificate in February.

I wanted to get CELTA but its literally impossible for me. I'm going to settle with some Groupon Cert and then come back to Canada after a few years to get a real teachers cert so I can teach in international schools.
I've heard that Japan is pretty AIDS for TEFL. I guess you're not in it for the money?

Attached: 1554881652206.jpg (640x483, 90K)

Japan is more of a bucket list thing for me and there's family friends out there so I have someone to reach out to if I need help. Once I get my feet wet living abroad I am going to go to a place with more opportunity. I also have my teaching prerequisites finished so I can enter the credential program if I want to go the international school route.

>I also have my teaching prerequisites finished
Like you got the certification to be a teacher in your country (US I'm assuming)?

yep, I live in California so becoming a teacher is way harder than other states. I have the prerequisites done but it will still be another year before I actually get the credential. Plus there is not a demand for social studies teachers right now. So teaching English seems like the smarter option for me right now.

So you got your teachers cert before getting your bachelors? Or are you graduating from a masters program in the fall?

Where I am from is a list of 6 classes you need to take before you can even enter the credential program. I completed them as electives for my BA in history but I still have to enter the actual credential program after I get my BA. Rather than put off my life for another year I can get a CELTA cert in a month and find work soon after. But its nice to know I can take a year off teaching abroad if I want to actually get the credential.

ive been completely friendless and unemployed my whole life. i dropped out of high school. i literally just play video games all day until i fall asleep

Cultivate hobbies and interests that are renewable. What do I mean by that? Youtube for example. Many creators post daily videos. Subscribing to a large number of channels regardless will fill your subscriptions with a lot of content so there's always something to watch. Television and film take too long to produce so you get stuck watching reruns in comparison. Manga is another medium that works pretty well. It's popular and easy to produce so there's a constant supply. Since the wordcount is low any decent series is translated. Many of them are weekly releases and if not it's probably monthly. Cultivate enough series and there's plenty to read. You can do this with anything renewable. Games work too, especially if you can get into ones that tend to produce large numbers of hours played. It's easy to spend your time playing a favorite game and watching youtube. The vital problem with being alone is boredom and this sort of renewable media consumption neatly solves that.

Hey I'm doing History too. Here in Canada, getting your teachers certification is 1ish year post-degree program. Good luck in Nihon, buddy.
While not one myself, I'm really fascinated by NEETS. Do you just live with your parents?
Thats been my biggest problem. I cant get sucked into games like I used to. Every few months I'll play 30 or 40 hours of CIV V but thats the most I get. I'm currently playing a bit of WoW Classic but its not sucking me in like I had hoped it would. Currently playing Mirror but that will only last for another 10 hours.

Attached: 1564953320760.jpg (553x500, 96K)

Good luck to you too. Hopefully, everything works out.