First day at college

>first day at college
>don't know anyone

How do I make friends?

Attached: 20190916_130100.jpg (3024x4032, 576K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0uLVHTW1Cdd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

take that hoodie and use it as a conversation starter.

The one you see in the pic? That's not mine but I got my own with me.

>That's not mine
that's the point, silly. they'll go looking for it, and you'll tell them you have it.
that's how the conversation starts

>How do I make friends?
Get on grindr

Great idea for breaking the ice.
>Hey asshole, why'd you steal my hoodie??
>Guhh duhh g-guhh uhh uhh I thought uhh I-I uhh I t-thought it uhh buhh I m-mean umm... h-have you ever heard of the website 4chin?

>Get on grindr
You think I'm homosexual?

You don't
t. 3rd year in College

>fpbp
this guy fucks

This honestly? Chances are high that after graduating you'll never see any individuals you met during college again for the rest of your life. It's basically just high school 2.0, special $100000 debt edition. Enjoy your atomized shithole life OP.

Honestly all joking aside just smile, pay attention to class, everyone is more focused on just doing well and not looking like a retard. During class, scan the room to see what people you think yous like to be friends with. Not just girl, do both guys and girls.

When class ends, walk up to them and say "that class was nuts right?" Then suggest you exchange contact info in case either one misses lectures. Boom, you got aquaintances.

The friend stuff will come around the first test, suggest you go out to celebrate with bubble tea or whatever. Be the one to invite people and suggest activites, this will make you the defacti leader of the group.

Who gives a fuck about friends. College is nothing more than an investment of your money and time, treat it seriously and focus on nothing except getting out as quickly as possible with a useful degree. This isn't high school where everyone buddies up and laughs during class and eats lunch together. Those days are over. You better be in for a good reason.

So much ultra cringe baka. Stop modelling your interactions with others around stock scenes and tropes from your gay little Chinese childrens cartoons.

>>>/reddit/
ishygddt

Attached: 1566891813365.jpg (480x640, 39K)

The people you meet in college are more important than the courses

Take up norman shows/movies anything with a topic to make you fit in, basically be the opposite of yourself and you'll make friends in no time. Also try not to put in imageboard references, if they find out you browse here it's game over

If you're not a upper middle class kid then pretty much just forget any chances of making useful connections, it ain't gonna happen.

>"that class was nuts right?" Then suggest you exchange contact info in case either one misses lectures.
Did that seriously sound natural to you when you typed that out? Nobody would ever do this in real life you idiot. If some random person walked up to me and said "that class was nuts" I would cringe internally and assume they are mentally retarded.

you probably wont find any friends if you dress so lame you fucking retard
so get some flashy nikes' instead of fucking dad shoe pumas

Please do this op and come back to tell about the reaction.

Try to join a study group, until then look for people doing things you're interested in. You can also try and do things others are interested in. Personally I smoked a lot of weed on campus to make stoner friends. God I miss weed.

>When class ends, walk up to them and say "that class was nuts right?"
yikes.

Hey retard. People make friends by talking about what they have in common. What do you have in common with everyone in the room?

Nice shoes man. What are those?

O____? is that you?

I can smell the autism.

I laughed at this post, thanks

Just walk up to them and give em a firm handshake champ

Very unlikely though

You don't, OP.
Second year in college here. I've only made two friends last year because we were from the same town, and we usually drunk ourselves to death once a month and that's it. Now they are gone, I'm alone again.

You should go to clubs or smaller groups where you'll find people with similar interests. But friends in a college class? Eveyone seems to already know people. It's game over from the start. Look elsewhere

wear a band t shirt, go up to a cutie, or dont. i think not doing anything will let you live a much easier college life.

get reallg good at sucking dick

>everyone is more focused on just doing well
lol
t. TA

Honestly man, I've made two friends and it's my second year in college. I used to be a popular kid in a smallish highschool. Now, I know almost nobody and I'm fuckin sad.

>a band t shirt
Like the "White Pride World Wide" tee I own featuring a skull in a gas mask with nazi insigna? Gee, come to think of it, it could pass for a pretty rad band t-shirt. I'll wear it next time.

sure man. i wear a cannibal corpse t shirt and i dont give a fuck. hope you stay alone for being a sarcastic fuck.

vocaroo.com/i/s0uLVHTW1Cdd

Attached: 15292840381970.png (542x512, 147K)

Easiest way is to use Grindr

You are EVERYTHING that is wrong with zoomer men these days user.

Attached: joker-movie-photos-joaquin-phoenix-6-1187604-640x320[1].jpg (640x320, 28K)

>"that class was nuts right?"

Attached: 1567697546903.png (396x385, 138K)

Start shouting memes at the professor. People love this.

Also constantly ask to use the bathroom but don't go.

This nigga. The just find a club that meets sometime convenient for you and go to meeting.

It helps if the club is more social and not academic tryhards. I went to a women in science club last week just because it had pizza and met 15 minutes after my last class.

>When class ends, walk up to them and say "that class was nuts right?"
I can just picture the facial expression of someone who would say that.

>Those shoes
>Those jeans
You might literally be me since that pic is literally my view twice a week. Bad news if true since I haven't made any friends.

all these replies. this guy isn't wrong tho. this is how normies interact. it's all surface.

You don't, no friends now only coworkers. Get that in your mind.

Everyone is making fun of this but it is not bad advice

I second this. People barely interact in college.
t. 2nd year in College

If you need to ask, you don't

>go to class
>go home
that's been my routine for the past 3 years. have not made a single friend
people don't really talk in classes since unlike high school attendance isn't mandatory; so people that care more about talking to friends than listening to the lecture can just not show up
all socializing happens outside of classes. around campus, in student organizations, stuff like that. unfortunately I've always been too intimidated to show up to stuff like that on my own so I've never made any forward social progress.

just wait for profs to give you group assignments

try to spend some time studying/whatever at the college, there's probably some kind of library, cafeteria, or other place to get some work done is (aka what im doing rn). then just listen in on other people that are talking about or working on a course that you're also in, then just kinda jump in and go like "hey i heard you guys were working through the calculus 1 homework for this week, you guys get to number 7 yet?" this is actually what i did for like the first couple weeks of freshman year, you find people to study with (jew answers off of) and do other shit with.

Supposedly this is the board for autistic people and bullied outcasts but whenever someone says anything remotely autistic every "robot" pounces on him to make fun of him.

Attached: 8B79016C-BB43-402C-8505-6DEB8DDEBE16.jpg (660x574, 31K)

because that's shitty advice. if OP takes that advice he'll make an ass out of himself and then probably feel more alone than ever before. I don't want to let that happen

last year of college. boy i can actually say i tried user.
i got no advice for you kid but just look at me as a warning.

Take about your past life experiences.

Only way you could possibly make friends in college is if you join a fraternity or a club. Even then, it's not guaranteed. High school was the last easy part of your life when it came to making friends.

as poorly as this was received, ive done similar things before and had them work out because you just need to be attractive/charismatic. if you can pull it off though you likely dont need advice on how to make friends

You make sure to throw those shoes and pants to the trash when you get home and you get some respectful looking clothing you absolute manchild.

My 13 year old brother dresses like you

he's just a freshman lol most kids dress like shit. most adults dress like shit. why put him down for that when you could provide decent advice user? what do you like wearing? that could be a nice way to introduce him into some other styles

Do yourself a fucking favour if you're actually a robot and drop out

No you dont, you just want to make fun of someone. Wether OP makes an ass out of himself is of secondary importance. Infact you would probably have a good laugh about it if it happened.

This. Let's get /fa/ here, what would a good-looking or normal looking person wear at college?

nah would advise against fa desu. most are underage cunts who fail at trendhopping and a few others are more about fashion as an artform and even some of them dont look great despite having real knowledge. in all honesty redit's mfa or something similar is best for beginners because its just about wearing average clothes that just fit well. also pic rel despite it getting memed its true, having a ncie body makes everything look better

Attached: 767096de2980064e4122f0b6a8ebc7b8.jpg (850x400, 41K)

>Infact you would probably have a good laugh about it if it happened.
why would I? I'm also a college student who wants to make friends, so since OP is in a similar situation to me I'd feel bad if he publicly embarrassed himself

pic related but normans dress just like op

Attached: 1537030880176.jpg (564x839, 83K)

That quote hits really close to home. I need to start excercising again.
Also, thanks for the suggestion, but I refuse to browse Reddit. Guess I'll just start jogging :)

good luck bro! im not a fitfag by any means but being healthy is based. also i would recommend just browsing fa for just some inspo in styles you think you like but just be careful not to get sucked into an odd niche style and start slow

realistically most uni students are reddity as fuck, so he's probably right

>respectful looking clothing
nigger its college, most people are wearing pajamas

he's probably a fashionfag who thinks that only smelly virgins wear plain clothes like jeans and t-shirts. he's the autist always dressed up in a suit and a fedora so he can brag about how much he respects himself

Holy shit it sounds like all your life experience comes from watching cartoons about high school when you were a kid

Attached: 1568156542706.jpg (184x184, 11K)

when put in groups dont just be that quiet guy, contribute, ask people out to get a cup of coffee or a beer after class or when you've got gaps between classes
filled up my facebook like fucking crazy after getting into college, and its piss easy to keep a convo going because you're all going trough the same shit.
Add people on kikebook, organize study sesions, those devolve into hanging out after 30 minuts anyways

Attached: 1535829854125.jpg (591x729, 72K)

>When class ends, walk up to them and say "that class was nuts right?" Then suggest you exchange contact info in case either one misses lectures.

Attached: 1560027559709.gif (236x250, 1.47M)

Extremely nice voice acting

what kind of college did you go to
where I went group communication was mandatory because we were always assigned projects, and even from the getgo we were seperated into smaller groups to have lecture classes. It was impossible to go trough without making some sort of contact

Attached: 1535094513356.png (394x500, 181K)

imagine not being able to make friends in college. its a situation and lifestyle and time of life where everyone wants to make new friends and you are surrounded by similarly aged peers who just want to fuck and drink and drug

He's right, though. Your clothing doesn't only show how much you respect others around you, because you deem them worthy enough to dress right; or how you respect your nation - It shows, above everything, how much you reflect yourself, since it is the mirror of your own respect.

I go to a large university with over 50,000 students. all that means though is that I feel even more pathetic for not having made a single friend yet

yeah but normal people wear boring clothes all the time. walk around outside and you'll see people mostly just wearing basic shirt and jeans combo (lots of people wear shorts too where I live)
yet according to people on Jow Forums who obsess over fashion, the only people who wear basic clothes are people who don't live their mom's basement and will literally never have sex.

still, no group projects? no events?

>group projects
I've had a couple but never knew how to shift it towards making friends. we never talked beyond the scope of getting the project done. plus it wasn't for any core classes
>events
all sorts of them but I can't stand being alone in public (to the point of being on the verge of a panic attack if I do) and never learned how to approach people.
Basically my point is that it's dumb to say it's effortless to get friends in college, even if the school tries to make opportunities to make friends. doesn't do much good for robots

you just need to go out and talk to people user

yeah if its how you describe it, you didnt even try

I never said I did. I never blamed anyone else. you think I don't know all my problems are my fault? you think that makes me feel like any less shit about myself?

Anyone saying this is cringe is retarded, I did basically same thing and now my college group is formed. Only part id change is 'that class was nuts right' thats borderline cringe but even just rewording and saying that class was hard/easy

Be friendly and smile

>How's it going? I'm user

Oh I agree, most people dress bad. But I spot, once in a while, people who care to dress in an elaborate style (even not always with suits); people you know put thought and care in their dressing style. They exist and not all of them are 4channers.

I never said otherwise and I don't assume fashion is a black or white thing really
It's just a pet peeve of mine to see autists on Jow Forums saying shit like "COMMON CLOTHES BAD. NEVER WEAR THEM" or "T-SHIRTS? WHAT ARE YOU SOME SORT OF AUTIST?"
Nothing wrong with wearing ordinary clothes, especially since getting into the mindset of "all unique clothes are good" can be bad, a lot of unique fashion statements can be hard to pull off. Just look at how autistic 90% of /fa/ looks

Mfw just started 4k trade course for free because NEET
They even gave me money back for the work boots. Thanks wagies

Attached: 1567774122882m.jpg (1024x652, 147K)

Steel toe caps and hi-vis, if not you chose the wrong course anyway

>Oh I agree, most people dress bad.
No dude you're just an autist who tries too hard

>Honestly all joking aside just smile, pay attention to class, everyone is more focused on just doing well and not looking like a retard. During class, scan the room to see what people you think yous like to be friends with. Not just girl, do both guys and girl

When class ends walk up to them and say "that class was nuts right?" Then suggest you exchange contact info in case either one misses lectures. Boom, you got aquaintances.

The friend stuff will come around the first test, suggest you go out to celebrate with bubble tea or whatever. Be the one to invite people and suggest activites, this will make you the defacti leader of the group.

Attached: 10D785C8-FF5C-43B6-8CF6-CB0682EC8A2E.gif (498x319, 414K)

not him but most people do dress poorly. i dont think its healthy to be completely hooked on fashion/trends unless yu oenjoy the actual artistry of it but most people dont go that far and just want to look good to others. dont put down autists that want to get better bro

>4chin? Oh yes let me suck your cock

Most people just dress casual because most people don't give a shit. If you're just going to uni why care what you're wearing? It literally doesn't matter and makes fuck all difference. Being overdressed looks way weirder than just dressing casual.

agreed but i would still encourage people to learn how to dress well instead of settling to dress like an average college kid. its not that hard or expensive in most cases

>how do I make friends?

>For guy friends?
Rush a fraternity
>For girl friends?
Tinder, its easier than it looks

Attached: 9DBFE5A1-0FA1-4E97-9CD8-780C08C01E6C.jpg (750x1334, 134K)

Am in exactly the same situation as you man. Good luck bro

great advice man, thanks a lot