Is life worth living if you haven't achieved your goals by 27

My goals were to be rich and move out of this shithole of a city (NYC) by 25. I am still broke and still live in NYC at 27. I have 3 years left before i turn 30. Is this the end?

Attached: yWRigl6B_400x400.jpg (400x400, 21K)

Nah it isn't. Make some short term goals, grab a trade (IBEW is always looking for members for electrical work and telecommunications)

Most people's lives aren't really worth living. They're just toughing it out because there's nothing else to do.

I'm killing myself at 30 if I haven't achieved my goals user. You can still at least party and do young people stuff for another few years at 27. I am about to turn 27 as well.

>there's nothing else to do
there is, there's rivers to go tubing in and mountains to snowboard and halfpipes to shred at the very least and when you're too old to do that you get to sit at home watching Matlock all day while your wife blows your pension and her disability checks on gifts for the grandkids, how nice would that be?

All of that sounds fucking horrible if im honest

Attached: 160927210830-tk-ah0927-exlarge-169.jpg (780x438, 37K)

>there is, there's rivers to go tubing in and mountains to snowboard and halfpipes to shred at the very leas

We don;t all have rich parents user

I can't afford to go snowboarding.

>I have 3 years left before i turn 30. Is this the end?
it's not bud, as long as you have something you aspire to be, or do with your life. You will have a road to walk.
just make sure you find someone along the way you can share and struggle through life with.

what do you want then? you can make something out of very little.
move closer to where what you want is
theres a lot of things for poor people to do and beer is cheap for a reason
robots let another summer go by without organizing a meetup at the local quarry and that's on them

>just have hope bro

Any normie can say what you said and they do. are you some kind of fuckin normie?

>what do you want then?
I want to be NEET and follow my intellectual passions (reading & writing nonfiction)
If i am lucky i'll be able to do that in a few decades after my health is destroyed by wageslaving

why don't you want a part time job? no interest in serving your community?

All these people with "goals", "dreams" and general ambition that borders on delusion. Yall better start with being happy with just being cuz you'll never be happy chasing some distant hope.

>why don't you want a part time job?
I would make less per hour (i only make $20 per hour now) and it would likely even be worse

I am in the best career i could be in for myself. It still makes me miserable though, but that's just guaranteed because i have to waste my day selling my labor instead of doing something interesting

And when i tried to get a part time job i couldn't

>no interest in serving your community?
Sure but i can best do that otherwise. I also have to point out that i don't define community in terms of geographic proximity. But if that's what you meant i am entirely indifferent to that. So, no, i don't want to "help my community" if it basically guarantees my misery, which employment does

>All these people with "goals", "dreams" and general ambition that borders on delusion
It's not a problem if your shit isn't about being super rich

what if that part-time job paid as much as a full-time job?

You see lots of posters on Jow Forums every day saying their "goal" and "dream" is to get a gf.

Per hour?
I mean i already spend 1/3 of my income on rent, cheapest i could get

But maybe, sure i guess.

But the reality is that part time jobs usually pay a lot less and are harder to get

Yeah i felt like that when i was NEET but going back to full time employment absolutely destroys that desire completely

not if full-time jobs get cut in half and the rich get taxed, and part of your paycheck comes from the government for serving your community

life is worth living if you have something that outweighs the pain

>not if [insert impossible scenario]

Cool story

Why don't i just choose instead for aliens to come colonize earth and give us infinite free energy and super smart robot slaves

because you need to balance work and play
don't let ayys sell you on the infinite fun-time meme, that's how they get you

>balance work and play
I have to serve my master to accrue currency to pay for rent and other such things so i can continue my state of subservience

There isnt really any time for "play" when you factor in getting ready for work and sleep and all that. A couple hours a day and the most important thing i need to do what i want isn't money, it's time

you could go make your own house and defend yourself against the people who try to seize your land
>There isnt really any time for "play"
you're right, you have a house to build

I don't own land so that would be illegal

Well, its hard to say. I'm not going to pump you full with false hopes since ultimately it doesn't really matter if you look at the big picture. Life is shit for our kind, it always was and will be. You are the outcast of the tribe, these goals and terms are a meme. You have to be happy, even if you don't reach them.
The best way to deal with this is that you have to be involved with things what makes you happy as much as possible. Also use your shit experiences to your advantage.

if land didn't need to be owned

>IBEW is always looking for members for electrical work and telecommunications

Depends where you live. Back in the day I lived in Phoenix and it was pretty much impossible to get into the IBEW and actually get work, unless you had family, friends or some other contact who could help.

Totally. Life can really suck, you just need to put in the effort to find things that you enjoy enough that they make the pain worth it.

I always had yellow fever but there was zero chance of any gril liking a loser like me. Then I found out about asian massage parlors! Hot asian chicks who fuck me for a little over $100. For a while I was going every week, now I'm trying to save my money and only going every other week or less. But its still super fun and makes life worth living.