Do any of you construct a "memory palace" or some other place of mental solace to escape the harsh nature of the world...

Do any of you construct a "memory palace" or some other place of mental solace to escape the harsh nature of the world around you? For example, have you ever created a world of your own which you alone can visit and only you control? Any stories you wish to share?

Attached: 1469531336897.jpg (1165x826, 409K)

Well I created a fictional universe in my head just to keep myself busy. I don't really know where to begin with it, I have a shit ton of characters; factions and events in it along with a few short stories. I'm not sure if this is along the lines of what you meant.

Yes, mostly when I'm about to go to sleep though. Involves headpats usually.

Yes! can you tell us more about the world?
Setting/demographics, rules etc

Attached: 1552961917676.jpg (1400x8215, 1.98M)

before i fall asleep every night, i put myself in a fantasy world that ive just been developing in my head for the past few months. i just want to live there now.

Attached: 1544336745909.gif (500x477, 508K)

no i just accept the harsh nature of this world and fend it off with vidya and drugs. if i didn't have these i would have just offed myself many, many years ago. got atleast 20 years till both my parents are dead, im gonna hit mid 40s by the time i can kms

I practice lucid dreaming for this purpose. Nikola Tesla apparently had such a strong imagination he could visit other worlds with people as real as our own. I am convinced some imaginary world overlaps our own where anything is possible.

>have you ever created a world of your own which you alone can visit and only you control?
Yes.
>Any stories you wish to share?
No. When you guys die I will invite you to join.

Yeah its something I like to fantasize about as the perfect escape for me, been doing it since middle school. Nothing complex just my current city with no one else in it, like a private dimension, and then i think about all the stuff I'd do, places to visit, undisturbed and without anxiety. And then I come up with all sorts of scenarios and stories using the empty city as a starting point, so it might be filled with people then but only for the purpose of the scenario, my favorite is a giant war game, realistic but without any actual harm and injury just like a videogame, taking place across the city, with hundreds of thousands of troops, and thousands of aircraft, helicopters, ships, tanks... and sometimes the scenario involves huge giant mecha fighting it out among the vast city, no risk to innocent civilian lives either, so battles can get absolutely crazy.

Mostly though its about how comfy it would be to have full freedom from people and restrictions, and a huge city to explore and do whatever in. Sometimes I'm limited to only my current normal realistic abilities while other times with superpowers "cheat mode" and such for more possibiltiies and fun scenarios. One of my most favorite and simple comfy ideas here would be taking a bike, down to the beach, empty and quiet except for seagulls and the ocean waves, and just lie down on the sand for hours without a care inthe world, without worrying about being bothered by anyone or having my stuff stolen or whatever. Top comfy.

if you cant do it already u dont have the iq required

How do you do this ? I'm interested in learning

Hmm it's hard to explain but in the current timeline it is more of a science-fantasy type of universe. I say science fantasy because even though it is mostly Sci-Fi, there's still stuff like gods, demons and magic.

Depending on where you are in the universe it is either a really wondrous, fantastical experience or a grueling, eldritch horrerfest.

For example, it depends on where you were to live. If you lived in an Arkeron controlled sector then society would be ascetic, duty bound and fixated on oaths and blood. The architecture of their constructs is either gothic, brutalist or strictly utilitarian and a large part of their core belief is that humanity will never, ever make peace with any kind of non-human sapients thanks to them being screwed over historically over and over again, a problem that is exacerbated by the addition of another society called The Sovereignty.

The Sovereignty is all about status and social hierarchy's. Depending on what race you were born as; where you were born, what bloodline you have, you either have a cozy life in one of the golden towers ontop of their idyllic homeworlds, looking over the clouds to see the endless blue oceans, or you are forced to join their military to pay off the many debts you have probably incurred. Humanity is of course one of the lowest tier species in their pecking order, often being relegated to debt slaves, cattle for experimentation or cannon fodder.

Of course those are only two factions/empires that are given rough explanations, there are also other ones like the Proteus which is a sapient disease, Incundati which is a scientific group dedicated to unraveling all sorts of biological mysteries that usually involve the Proteus via morally dubious methods and far more.

Of course if you go far back enough into the timeline where Earth is still a thing (A long story.) then it takes on more of a fantasy setting where humanity lived with elves, dragons and stuff.

There's a """"book trilogy"""" I've been outlining and changing for a decade now, but I've almost come to accept that its just a fantasy land for me to escape to now and then.

It's fatalistic, brutal and a world that naturally dwarfs its protagonists and refuses to push its antagonists out of power, and where truth means nothing but to a few small characters. I think its my way of dealing with clownworld

my solace is thinking about nothing
staring into the void until I'm part nothing

>falling asleep imagining two qt girls next to you

comfyy

Attached: 1568308355128.jpg (779x1102, 150K)

I had a wonderland in progress at the same time I was trying to make a tulpa. wonderland was pretty empty though. never finished either.

Sure, it's something I did as part of therapy. Haven't done it in a while, but I can remember a few details. A huge concrete shaft with perfectly square walls, and at the bottom is a vague replica of the dojo from Shenmue. In one corner there's a space heater, a sleeping bag and a kotatsu. There's also cocoa in that corner. Books, comfy things.

In the other part of the room it's an open dojo floor with crash mats, some pull up bars, weights and stuff. Various weapons.

The Sky Palace, what's the date tonight

It's a little farm. There's a very long driveway that's partially obscured by trees with a locked gate at the end to keep anyone from getting in. There's the low sound of chickens clucking and dogs patrolling. There's a cozy trailer with a soft bed and well stocked fridge.

Yeah I have a whole fictional universe that I add to every night or evening when I get the chance. Whether to use as a distraction from the day to day or just to explore themes and thoughts that I find interesting. I figured most people had them but seemingly not. It's my own wonderland.

most of mine just end up devolving into sexual fantasies.

Yes, it's a Japanese-style city where it's almost always raining. There's a bar within walking distance of the apartment I share with my girlfriend. We sit on the balcony, taking cover in a light drizzle, and drink together. We don't need sleep, so we stay awake to watch the sun come up in the morning. If the rain stays away, we'll spend our day at the beach.

My problem is that I keep trying to incorporate my favoured aspects of both urban and rural areas, and end up getting persistent low-level environmental incoherence.

i wanted to do something like that with VR. you can walk outside and see a bunch of characters and things you did.

>and end up getting persistent low-level environmental incoherence.

Like in dreams? Just roll with it desu