Is CBD a scam?

I heard this stuff reduces anxiety, depression, and has a calming/relaxation effect.
I've tried multiple products and never felt any effects or changes whatsoever.
These products are expensive. Typically you're paying 50-60$ for a very small amount of CBD oil, tincture, a disposable pen, etc. It's basically as expensive as hash oil.
I'm getting the feeling it's basically snake oil. Does anybody here use it and benefit from it?

Attached: Does-CBD-Oil-have-tHC.jpg (2000x1333, 174K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26341731
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't regularly use CBD products anymore but when I did I found it very beneficial but I was smoking CBD weed, I used oils before and it seemed to have worked but I wouldn't be able to tell you 100%.
Also since different people can get different reactions to THC, I would imagine the same rule applies to CBD? I could be wrong though

One of the problems with CBD oil (and every other supplement) is that there are no regulations. Are you getting 100% CBD oil or are you getting 1% cbd oil and 99% water? along with THC contents, it could have 0 or a lot, which would be bad if you need to take drug tests and weed is illegal in your area...

My mom takes it and she says it helps. I believe it's supposed to help with your fight-or-fight response hormones.

>I heard this stuff reduces anxiety, depression, and has a calming/relaxation effect.
This part, I doubt. Because I've read studies saying the complete opposite.

I'm thinking it's a scam, i'm on the verge of just downing the entire vial of the shit to see if at the very least it'll oil up my bowels on exit.
I just want to relax.

its bullshit that only helps people with seizure disorders

It's snake oil. phenibut works better for anxiety and depression

The 5mg CBD shit didn't seem to do anything to me. I smoked some high cbd weed, like 1:10 ratio, and it made me feel pretty nice. It was a "medicinal" strain and felt totally different to the "recreational" stuff

I believe it's bullshit. I've used many different CBD products, and I get no noticeable effects. I think a lot of people are affected by the placebo effect when it comes to CBD... Although I have one friend who claims it helps him.

Degenerative Disc Disease at cervical and lumbar with acute neurpoathy (thank you U.S. Army). Been using Charlotte's Web CBD for about year with goods results. Advil gives me ulcers, and I refuse to take opiods, for obvious reasons. Normally I can sleep 4 hours, then get up due to pain. A good dose of CBD and I can sleep 7-9 hours. I tried some other cheaper brands, but the CW stuff is as close to dispensary grade as you can get. Anyone that says CBD does not work is either retarded, or has minimal symptoms.

A lot of people prefer smoking or vaping actual CBD buds rather than paying for tinctures, etc. Otherwise, one can make CBD tinctures at home with the buds; there are recipes on the Internet. It's much less expensive.

5mg of CBD is very, very little. It's almost nothing.

I did take multiple doses. It was a dropper bottle so I dont know the exact dose

Just become a nazi man, get all hyped up and lose yourself in ideology. Unironically, this is what gave my life meaning again and helped me become a more centered person. Nihilism comes from the total absence of all that is holy.

>It's snake oil.
It's really not.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26341731

Fuck yeah. Anything that claims to be a panacea is a scam.

Join my friends chat: discord /MjgFT8A

So you use CBD as a sleep aid?
Why not just take melatonin?
Melatonin = 5$ for a month - two month supply.
CBD = 50$+ for one week supply.

>it has potential
>it needs to be studied more
???

As I said in my post, my primary issue is pain and inflammation. Melatonin does nothing to help in that area. I know because I have taken it in the bast with little result.

What about a turmeric black pepper combination supplement? That's a very potent anti-inflammatory aid and it's very inexpensive.
Maybe combine it with your CBD use for enhanced benefits? I use turmeric black pepper combo supplements often and they're very effective. Look up the benefits

"Snake oil" doesn't "have potential and need to be studied more". If a treatment is "snake oil", that means it's complete and utter bullshit.

Science never stops. Every drug that shows promise in treatment of some condition "needs to be studied more", period. CBD has shown a great deal of promise in treating anxiety disorders, especially considering the fact that it's a cannabinoid and the study of cannabinoids as therapy has been overtly suppressed by the prohibition movement. Even in spite of that CBD has shown evidence of efficacy.

Sure it needs to be studied more. But it's not snake oil, that's my point.

I have glucosimine/chondroitin/tumeric combo pills right here. I have been taking a pepper and oregano concentrate for a few years that keeps my circulation and blood pressure in great shape, even given my big fat ass. Thanks for the comment.

Maybe in 100 years they will isolate the chemicals in weed that make you feel relaxed but not anxious/dopey/slow/retarded.

My mother has bad inflammation and I bought her some CBD oil illegally through a reputable source even though it is legal in Canada. She says that she has been noticing a difference desu. About a month after she started taking it, her doctor gave her a prescription for it jej. Depending on the price of the legal option, I think she might switch to that.