Tfw too much social anxiety to buy a gun

>tfw too much social anxiety to buy a gun

I know I can buy it online but I'd still have to pick it up and fill out forms at a local shop and the idea of some mean old boomer scrutinizing me and possibly asking me questions makes me nervous

Attached: FirstBloodRambo_021Pyxurz.jpg (1600x1202, 187K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vox.com/2015/10/1/18000520/gun-risk-death
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah if you don't have anywhere to shoot it anyway what's the point, if you're too nervous to leave your house buying a firearm is probably not a strong priority

People can make their own guns in current year and probably order the bullets. If not put money into making your own bullets, the primer is the only issue technologically.

Also, guns are bullshit for self defense. Realistically you will never defend yourself with a gun to the point of needing to kill someone. Due to reaction time it's effectively a murder weapon and a suicide weapon.

Attached: 1479395401094.jpg (750x612, 74K)

Dont listen to this faggot . Having a gun is a good thing and even if you cant fire it,having it in your house is good. I pray you never have to use it but you never know. One day you may need it. Better to be overprepared than to be under prepared.

Statistically it makes you more likely to be shot to own a gun so no, it's not a good idea.

I feel that. "Whatcha gonna use a shotgun for?" ("To shoot myself.") "Uhh target practice."

>MUH STATISTICS
Nobody asked for your garbage opinion Fucking dick head.

Yes I can't wait to log in to see vaginaisevil useless incel blogs just what we needed

>target practice
>shot gun
Say you have a phobia of home invaders and or bears while camping faggot.

>statistics are an opinion

>need me
I'm glad you realize that.

Literally anyone can make up any stat.it is clear you arent going to take this seriously so i am leaving. Bye.

I'd go with the bears option. I don't think someone would buy someone my age being concerned about home defence.

Wtf, no one is going to make you feel bad and ask you tons of question when you go to buy a gun. Sure I was a little nervous when I went to get my first one but every person I've met at guns store has been really cool. Idk where you live but here I can walk in, fill out a background fourm and walk out with a ar15 in less that 1t minutes. To get a pistol I have to apply for a purchase permit online via the sherriff's departments website. But you'll get that permit in a few days. They will ask for that or a cc license to purchase a handgun no exceptions. But dont be scared hes going to ask you how your days going. 99.9 percent of guns stores want you to buy as much guns as you can. Long as your not a nigger you have a zero percent chance of being given a hard time.

Just behave like a normal person. It's a business exchange, not an interview. Fill out the paperwork and dont have a record, and youre good.

thanks for the info, I live in Texas. Do you think I should just buy a gun in the shop or order online? Also I think I know exactly what I want (a Mossberg 500 is what Jow Forums says a good starter shotgun is) so should I just tell him exactly what I want?

It's better if you're friendly and can have some degree of conversation beforehand. It's good to be honest about your level of experience and knowledge of firearms, even if it's low, as long as you are willing to learn more and are polite. I enjoy being at the gun store because unlike wageslave jobs, the clerk is able to focus more on you on a personal level. Most are ex military as well, so they may have stories of their service days.
Just last week I went in to find a handgun to fit my grandfather's old service holster. The guy that serviced me was this black guy that looked like Sergeant Johnson from halo. We had a very nice conversation about firearms and such, and finding a gun for the holster. The gun that fit was an M1911, to my surprise, as I was told that my grandfather carried a model 10 revolver by my dad (which wouldn't fit because the cylinder was too large, we tried).
In the end, I still wanted a revolver because I like them, and 1911's can be expensive, so I bought a little .32 revolver that happened to fit into the large holster.
The guy also gave me a discount because I guess he liked me or something. Marked it down by a little over 10 dollars.
The gun itself I quite enjoy, it was made in 1920 or so, a Smith and Wesson .32 regulation police. And I enjoyed buying it, I've never committed a crime and was never accused of such, and I'm a legal citizen, so it was just a matter of filling out the form and waiting for the background check to come back clean. And I enjoyed talking with the seller, it's not often I get to talk guns without being accused of mental instability or terrorism or whatever.
I also like going there to see what they have. They have an actual percussion musket, and some boltguns from the world wars and before too. A Finnish Mosin, Mausers both German and Spanish, a Springfield Trapdoor, a Carcano, its hard to restrain myself from being like a kid in and candy store running around and touching everything.

They won't ask you shit. I bought my gun and was out with it within 15 mins. They'll just be happy you are paying them and interested in guns.

He is kind of a nice guy tbqhwyf-l

Dewd what the FUCK

Depends on what you want. If you dont see what you want in the store just ask them and I'm sure they would be happy to order whatever you're looking for for you. They may or may not want a deposit. If you order a gun yourself online you still have to make contact with the gun store and get their license number and shipping address and they will usually charge you 10 to 15 bucks for allowing you to do it. I usually avoid all that and just get them to order it for me. You may pay a little more for the gun but it just easier and worth it imo.

The statistical probability of me shooting myself with my gun is close to zero because I respect the weapon and responsibly follow all precautionary measures to ensure firearm safety at all times. The probability for some other haphazard fucktard may vary.

Don't be a sperg and just buy one.
I recently bought pic related. It's only a .22, but it's probably my favorite plinking gun and most definitely the best entry level gun I've ever shot.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

It's common knowledge that you're afraid to look up and afraid I'll spoon feed you to of which is why you left rather than showing me stats of your own to blow me out.

It's common knowledge they're bad though. I'm not digging through government archives to prove it. People bring it up in cop shows for years though sardonically.

vox.com/2015/10/1/18000520/gun-risk-death

You can't have time to use it as self defense. That's just how it is. If you can have it so can I. I decide to attack you with it and mines already pointed and chambered. You do what? Pull it out, cock it, then aim, then shoot. By the time you've cocked it and taken the safety off I'll already be shooting you too much for you to aim so you're better off running away.

How do you buy a gun if you never shot one or owned one before?
I want to learn how to shoot

Broad statistics like these don't apply to individuals. Some people are much more likely than others to shoot themselves due to their behavior and personality traits.

>learn to shoot
>people are actually falling for this meme

If you accidentally shoot yourself or someone else you're a mouth breather that should not even own one.

You learn to aim, not shoot, and if you're using some pistol aiming is for shit. it's why cops all empty clips at center mass.

Personally you live in Detroit with a redneck accent or something then?

Okay then. I guess.

What? I like looking at the historical guns and holding them. I'd buy them and take them to the range too, but guns are expensive. The ones that aren't are modern budget guns. The ones that are neither expensive nor modern are owned already. My .32 was almost $400 before he marked it down to $375.

I live in a 52% black city. It's one of the top 15 most dangerous cities in the US.

So Detroit.

Attached: 1464936554286.jpg (458x458, 117K)

I still dont have any idea what I will tell the guy behind the counter when I go to buy a shotgun for my suicide. Usually if they get a hint youre going to commit suicide or hurt someone theyre likely to deny the sale. Also I just came out of a psych ward for a suicide attempt and I live in california. How fucked am I?

You dont really understand how shit truly goes down in a home invasion or robbery.
>cock it
Yeah... If you feel you need to share your opinion with something you dont know anything about, share it with your pillow.

You really expect me to honor commandos? It's an onomatopoeia. Deal with it.

And these people that pretend they know more than me never have had to shoot someone in self defense. I know they havne't because it's so uncommon to need to. About one percent of the USA does it per year and were probably looking for trouble 99 percent of the time, like by being a redneck in Detroit is asking for it, per example.

3 percent is nothing when 33 percent of a nation owns firearms. It's not the most likely thing you'll need in life, and realistically it's an offensive weapon. You're not wearing body armor because you don't care about your health just blood lust.