Off to the Psych Ward

WeII, Jow Forums, it finally happened. My mentaI illness finally progressed too far and my family called 911 on me. l'm in the ambulance now, likely off to a psych ward. I'm curious about your experiences, and would appreciate any words you might have IoI. Thanks guys.

Attached: 20190917_183334.jpg (1440x2560, 901K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newscientist.com/article/2200683-mind-reading-device-uses-ai-to-turn-brainwaves-into-audible-speech/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

prepare to be bored out of your wits

At least the food at the ward is ok. You'll be fine OP, just really bored and dying to leave the building

Try to hook up with one of those mentally ill girls. If there was ever a place for robots to meet someone, its there. I can honestly say, i would love to go.

Why did they let you use your phone? Lel

i hid it in my boxers
there gonna confiscate it later probably so if i dont reply thats y

Lucky guy, gonna relax and have nurses bring you food and people visit you and pity you. Man I wish I was you right now

What did you do to get taken to the psych ward?

why dont u fake a sucicide attempt then user

Man last time I went, this girl totally was dropping hints and I rejected her because she had an abortion, I'm still wondering if that was the right move

I don't have it in me, plus I don't wanna overdo it, already spent some time there in March

It was the right move, but the wrong reason.

Also
>last time I went
Get well soon.

So you're for killing babies?

Pretty much this, when I was there the only thing we were allowed to do is watch tv and color like a bunch of infantile children.

It was boring as hell and all I wanted to do was get home to my PC. I swore after that the next time was for real.

>tfw going to the psych ward affirmed my conviction in suicide.

No. I'm for aborting unwanted foetuses.

All robots are volcels. They won't let themselves meet anyone. I had one in my city immediately block me and then complain to others I stopped talking.

Gotcha, have fun in hell. You're unwanted in heaven

>All robots are volcels. They won't let themselves meet anyone.
This is true, and it hurts.

I knew it. Mental ward is robot heaven. Don't fuck it up this time.

Can you visit a mental ward without being committed?

If you're visiting someone in there

Damn. I don't think that's gonna work.

>try to sneak in making up an imaginary patient
>get found out and actually institutionalized for being a schizo
>was my plan all along

Attached: 1490500112490.jpg (470x595, 201K)

Been in 7 times myself, I think twice by ambulance. First time was worst experience of my life, you see my psychosis was so bad I thought everyone was out to get me, my brain was trying to adjust to the medication and the staff were trying to fuck with my head. That time it took 6 weeks to regain my sanity, other occurrences weren't so bad (mind you I still was loopy as shit). I got use to the environment, food was okay, made a few friends and thank fuck I was still able to smoke. I can't remember much of how some of the times went because I was cooked at that time. I recommend you bring books, devices, anything to essentially distract yourself, they have tv in the main room. The times I went by ambulance was weird, I remember schitzing out in the car/van and they just gave me pills to calm down, be careful though it's really easy to put on weight with them. Don't be afraid to talk with others and if there's a cutie try to get her number like I did (didn't go anywhere though because autism). It's reassuring to see you aren't the only one suffering with mental illness and you will see people worse than yourself, just don't let anyone play mind games with you and you'll be fine.

If you have any questions feel free to ask

Attached: 198716158.gif (480x264, 1.97M)

I find that a standalone psychiatric hospital is a much more pleasant experience than going to a psych ward within a big general hospital, if you're going to the latter then enjoy very shitty food and definitely not as much freedom and I hope you like reality TV because that's all that's on the television most of the time.. Also expect to get some practice on your coloring skills.

Considering voluntary admission myself I've had serious mental concerns (anxiety, depression, ADD, probably psychosis, panic attacks, body dysmoprhia, suicidal thoughts) in the past and thoughts of suicide starting about age 9. This has been going on for quite some time but I just cope. Im 18 and completely friendless and alone and have frequent daily thoughts of suicide. I would have to work up so much courage to go myself though. I don't know what my family would ever think if I did that since they have no idea anything is wrong at all, even when I tried to tell my mom(clueless and neglectful). Realistically I should probably be in therapy and on several medications but my family doesn't give a shit.

Attached: 1568580927560.jpg (424x426, 27K)

can you read while you're there?
can you request, bring, or have books brought to you?

oh man lmao is this why you were in there

Speak to a GP first. It may not be necessary to take such extreme measures.

When I told my mother I wanted to see a psychiatrist she said she would look into it but told me how hard it is to get an appointment with one and waiting lists and all that. I read if you do a voluntary psychiatric hold and tell them you're suicidal they have to take you in and diagnose you right away. I just can't take it anymore.

>anxiety, depression, panic attacks, body dysmorphia, suicidal thoughts
>starting age nine
>eighteen
>friendless and alone
exact same. got disc?

that's why you talk to a GP and not your fucking mother

nice shoes retart

probably good to get away from them.
i have an inkling they might have been contributing, if it was getting worse over time.
good luck,

I sort of love the psych ward but I've had the privilege of meeting quite a few interesting characters in them, and had the time of my life a couple times. But if I told you my life's story you guys would never believe me. It's fucked up.

The bitch always gives an excuse. I genuinely think she doesn't want me to get better. Besides I asked a year ago and I was just a kid, and i never really ask anybody for anything. I'm 18 now so I guess I have to figure out how to take this into my own hands yet again

Tell us anyway and let us live vicariously through you.

Check this out: newscientist.com/article/2200683-mind-reading-device-uses-ai-to-turn-brainwaves-into-audible-speech/

I didn't really read the article I just know that supposed brain-reading devices exist. The reason I'm linking this is to tell you that mine and other people I've met's minds do this without the technology. One old friend of mine told me that "anything that gives out a signal can receive one," his theory on why this was I guess. It's not like it's a crystal clear transmission, sometimes something will pop into our heads and we'll blurt it out, and people will wonder if we read their minds, and they might sometimes voice this suspicion, and having that happen enough times and you start to wonder (and btw physicists to some extent already know the brain does this), but anyways, the stories I can tell aren't so great to listen to. Basically I met some guy named Hunter and it was like he knew everything about me. He would say shit that had a special relevance to my life and my way of thinking that were impossible for anyone but me to know, and this happened almost the whole time I was there with him. And I knew what was going on. He had no idea how these things were hitting me, but he DID know that they WERE. He was receiving some sort of transmission, and, while he didn't know the specifics, he knew they were directed at me, so he I guess put on a little show, intentionally, and I also knew what he knew the whole time. Dude it was so funny, I can't describe it to you. And because it's so idiosyncratic I can't give you very many details, not that I remember many anyways. (cont'd)

based actual psych ward ex patients

fuck you.

how the fuck were you able to smoke or use internet?

OP, the psych ward is one of the worst places you can go. it will only confirm what you already dread, that there is no one qualified to help you/that you are all alone. And in order to learn this lesson you're going to pay with your sanity & autonomy.

Another little story is that I met a bunch of gang members in there, and propositioned one to sell for him. He was like "no, no, no" while waving his hand walking away, came back with his friend, and they told me to flush my drugs. I resisted at first but then gave in, and it seems they were waiting for that, like some sort of cue. It's hard to describe, but giving in to their demand to "flush my drugs" was not natural. My instincts resisted that move. It was a hard thing to do. So when I gave in, they were relieved that I wasn't some druggie idiot I guess. And the only reason I did any of these things was because something in my mind told me to. It was really strange. Me and those dealers had a couple more exchanges after that but nothing came of it. I met another group of gang members later too and had a fun time with them, but I don't really want to type it up. It's just the barebones details of these stories anyways. There's so much more to these stories, but I don't know how to present them or really can't be arsed either. So there you have it.

>btw physicists to some extent already know the brain does this
Can confirm. Nervous system is a transceiver.

lucky bastard ward I ended up in didnt even have tv

Ye sure. #7016

>#7016
what's before the number?

my discord username, why

oh very funy

Attached: 58a989a3ad3eb1884b687f31cc022657.jpg (672x570, 51K)

Welcome to having your human rights violated through indefinite imprisonment for thought crime. Demand a lawyer. Do not talk to anyone but your lawyer. Do not accept any medication.

If you live in central PA, age crazy enough to get yourself admitted to a state hospital. I work there. It will be like a Jow Forums meet up.

>age crazy enough
what did xyr mean by dis

Based. :( I spent a year reading up on human rights philosophy/ethics after going through the wards all the way to rehab & back. concluded that it's impossible in the current state to change things (at least, for minors in psych wards, as I was), but I hope to bring some attention to the issue in my lifetime.

>those socks
>those shoes
yea this seems about right

Psych ward is legit the easiest place to get laid. It's completely fucked. You have patients fucking each other, staff fucking patients and no one cares.

It's fucking horrible and unhelpful, we had to do group everyday, like talking, etc. You see a Psych everyday and they evaluate you, I mean if you're trying to get NEETBUX, it's a good thing. I'm a veteran of the mental hospital, been 6 times.

You know everytime you jack off your killing kids too. What a waste