Why am I terrible at videogames if I have a decent IQ? I can't read my opponents and they all read me...

Why am I terrible at videogames if I have a decent IQ? I can't read my opponents and they all read me. Is the gaming community composed of 130 IQ brainchads?

Attached: 1512525125112.png (218x231, 10K)

checked. also I'm 130 IQ but a fucking retard

Your opponents are cheating and most likely shitty streamers.

I'd say having a higher iq would make you worse because you're always over thinking everything. Being good at video games is just a matter of good reaction times and muscle memory.

Your iq is probably lower than average if you aren't good at video games.

Did the mensa thing and got 120.

Multiplayer games are full of people that have played for thousands of hours.

Has nothing to do with iq. Mostly reaction speed and being "in the flow"

t. pro esports chad

esports are for retards and faggots

you don't have the reflexes and hand to eye coordination and the superior autism that comes with it.

t. over 15 years playing a single video game
with god knows how many hours wasted

well video games have a direct correlation with intelligence. That mensa test you took was probably not a good reflection of your actual intelligence.

I guarantee you it isn't. Still, the more you do something, the better you get at it. If you're smarter than your opponent, your skill ceiling will be higher than theirs. You still can't skip the part where you need experience though.

what videogame are you playing?

also it's not about iq, experience/hours played gives you a huge advantage

Just read vn's.

I suck at every game. Tetris? Awful at it. Frogger? Died first try. I even suck at Mario.

Is there any hope for me? The craziest thing is I'm quite intelligent. Just suck at games. I think it's a reflexes thing. I'm fat so that might be why.

Being good at video games isn't really synonymous with intelligence.
Could be a variety of reasons they are better. Most likely they have spent more time on the game, making them more experienced.

I regularly get beat by people with a fourth of my playtime.

reaction speed is genetic, dexterity is heritable

truly intelligent people would always excel at turn-based games (eg heroes of might and magic 3, civilization)

I am usually 4 times more experienced than my opponents The premise of the thread that I suck at videogames (really badly) is incontrovertibly true.

maybe they have lot of experience on other similiar games or something. or they just happen to be really good. could also be that you are a dum-dum

Experience trumps intelligence.

I had my IQ tested and got 120. I also don't feel dumb.

>I am usually 4 times more experienced than my opponents
How the fuck do you even measure that? What if they played similar games in the past? What if they are used to competitive situations from playing sports, etc.? There are many factors.

the gaming community is composed of adhd diagnosed kids meaning they take stimulants which gives them an edge. the pros take "go pills" similar to what fighter pilots take

I add them sometimes and it shows up on steam.

Being good at videos games is mostly muscle memory, reflexes, experience, and hand-eye coordination. The only video game genre where I.Q would help 100% is puzzle games. Many pro gamers/top streamers are probably around average I.Q

Depending on the type of game you're talking about, maybe you're just not good at that type. Fighting games for example, many have decades of experience and many are just naturals.

What video games are you playing? Csgo????

Real games(fighting games) require constant thinking and analysis mid-fight at all times especially when you get to the higher levels.

>fighting games
Shooters like cs go?

this

DEX is the attribute for games in general, not INT (with exceptions of course)

There was a point where I was probably #1 at a particular PVP game in 2013-2014 out of a few dozen thousand. I'm not smart. I just played the game for 16 hours a day for months. I also played it casually starting in like 2006-ish.

It was kind of like chess how they say you need to be thinking 3 steps ahead. Except I was thinking 6 steps ahead and knew exactly what my opponent was thinking. On top of creating/founding new techniques. I think it mostly just came from experience of witnessing every possible situation and their likely outcomes, you sort of just gain an intuition to what is going to happen even if RNG is a factor.

but yeah im retarded i regret wasting all that time playing video games, i was very good and i enjoyed winning but it was not worth it, i can't touch video games anymore they make me sick

all that matters is if you have fun, you don't need to be not terrible

Attached: 1500674382448.jpg (754x1158, 103K)

If whatever you're playing has a theater mode or something similar go back and review your actions and movements.
Study the best players and incorporate they're tactics into your own.
This is what helped me get good at shooters.

you don't analyze them in a way that requires high iq it's just knowing what they can do and how to react to it and what you can do to confuse them and beat them

>below 130 IQ
>decent
Oh, sweaty....

Attached: 1562574082789.jpg (640x845, 108K)

Mr smart man, let me introduce you to a term called "situation awareness"

>decent iq
>assumes because of iq test you are naturally born with skills for every video game imaginable

are you sure youre not just a larping moron