MBTI THE IDEAL SELF EDITION

16personalities.com

16personalities.com

RULE:

You may ONLY answer this test as the person you wish you were, not the person you actually are.

Ask everyone question as, "The ideal me would..."

Post your results, compare and contrast. What is the ideal type for you user? What don't you like about your personality?

Attached: 16-personalities-test.png (950x600, 250K)

I had to post the link twice for emphasis.

ISFJs, rise up

Attached: 1397097402974.png (503x414, 84K)

But is this your ideal self user?

>MBTl
>horoscopes for twats
Yike.

fuck off brit TWAT

there's nothing about my ISTP I want to change

I got estj, was hoping for estp. I hate being an introvert

t. istp

>INTP
okay but what does this mean for me

What if i don't wanna je anyone else ?
t.estp

>answer based on fantasies
>16p*rsonalities still mistypes me
lmfao cringe tbqh

>tested strong intp my whole life
>was homeschooled, very few freinds, never got out much, grew up on the internet
>Go to college
>attain some genuine very good friends
>learn to stop being such a nihilistic cunt
>start channelling my artistic side in my hobbies
>now test out as loose infp almost every time

Makes me wonder how many intps are actually just emotionally inexperienced, rather than just emotionally stunted by their "nature".

Attached: 1512529344038.jpg (659x506, 78K)

If what you really mean is "wonder how many INTPs are actually just immature INFPs," the answer is none. You can't flip from 8th/demon Fi to dominant Fi. Besides, relying solely on test results is useless. I can get typed differently depending on the fucking time of day. Learn about your functions or dichotomies or preferably both, then self-type. It's likely that you still are INTP or that you were actually INFP all along.

different user,

Do you think an INTP can have have high Fi? For awhile I have had the fear that I am a helpless romantic hiding behind reason and logic

But this is just a fear, based on my Fi and Ti being close

>mfw i only get the sociopath personalities ISTJ ISTP ISFP
i used to score INFP and INFP only bros

Attached: partyboi69.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

N to S is the biggest downgrade

It's extremely unlikely. However, being romantic doesn't necessarily have to mean Fi. The key is distinguishing Fi from Fe. INTPs naturally desire fulfilling relationships due to their Fe, but they are dismissive at best towards Fi and they do not actively use it.
>Morals come at the expense of logical reasoning.
>Value judgements are to be avoided in favor of objective facts.
>The purpose of feelings is to connect with other people.

>MBTI thread
>16personalities links only
>other thread is still up
What the fuck are you doing, user?

Hmm, maybe I should break down what I mean by romantic, and my interpretation of Fi. Correct me where there are gaps, to the conclusion for this fear. Maybe i am viewing it wrong

With Jungs archetypes for the ego, I see myself as a mix of the innocent child and the orphan, specifically because of the want to belong, and the genuine intent and perception, which I go about interacting with the world. (For the self types its the sage)

I have read up on Fi many times, and as much as I hate it, I believe I am empathetic and overly sensitive, though because I view this negatively I have been consistently trying to get away from it.

As for what you described in your green text pin points, my question is how much it matters for the cognitive functions, what I value? In this case, I strongly value truth and justice and making decisions on objective information, and always striving for expanding such data. However the fear is that, in practice, I may be making decisions based on my feelings and

Let me know if I need to expand on something

PS, if I am understanding correctly, this line of logic follows the assumption that types are based on more binary structure of cognitive functions, rather than the fluidity mbti types as?

Fi also literally describes what empathy is. And its one of the most basic principals that we relate to others because weve felt the given feel. Is the reason why this exists as a potential part of a cognitive structure based on the dosage? (That some types use it more than others?)

>I strongly value truth and justice and making decisions on objective information, and always striving for expanding such data. However the fear is that, in practice, I may be making decisions based on my feelings and
If you were a Fi dom, you wouldn't fear this, you'd embrace it. Personal values and freedom from the shackles of objectivity are everything to INFPs.
>I have read up on Fi many times, and as much as I hate it, I believe I am empathetic and overly sensitive, though because I view this negatively I have been consistently trying to get away from it.
Empathy is shared between Fi and Fe. Fe obviously needs empathy to be able to focus on social relationships.
What are you most sensitive about? What gets to you easily? How do you typically feel when this sensitivity spikes?
>PS, if I am understanding correctly, this line of logic follows the assumption that types are based on more binary structure of cognitive functions, rather than the fluidity mbti types as?
I am a believer in cognitive function theory, yes. I believe the theory of "letter dichotomies" for lack of a better term on my part (posted about in previous MBTI threads) also has merit, but from my experience functions make good practical sense.

>if you were Fi dom...you'd embrace it
Thats an interesting idea, I think I agree with it. My rational here is that this goes hand in had with altruism. Though I've also imagined some Fi types that don't like how they are wired? Or is it rather in the definition of the meta, that they are altruistic? To me it seems a good amount are stuck in self pity. And this is also why I'd hate to posses this.. a life in a vacuum would not enable me to understand higher, external truths.

>shackles of objectivity...rejecting data based on fact
Can you give an example? It seems absurd to me that someone would willingly bury their head in the sand

>what are you most sensitive about...gets to you easily...how do you feel when sensitivity spikes?
At the base my sensitivity branches off to the external and internal. Externally I tend to shut down, and or get extremely tense, when my surroundings get too vulgar. (Ex. random hostility, unwarranted rudeness, and sensory stimuli). Sensory stimuli here, more specifically, refers to environments like a party, circus, fest...places with lights and people and sounds and too many things moving around. What all this paragraph seems to have in common is the unpredictable?

As for the internal sensitivity, one of the main examples is the inability to fully analyze some beliefs I hold because of momentum. In other words, that I sometimes for important things act more on dogma without knowing deeply why I do, or believe, what I do and believe. This is more a dissonance thing, based on striving to be a genuine researcher. However, I think its natural to follow the momentum and values one is raised to hold, and that most don't view it as important to consciously solidify these beliefs. That said, though I'm sure it can be deduced, I strive to continually challenge myself by expanding my reality, staying genuine, and solidifying my beliefs.

I'm not sure if that answers it or if its a tangent. Ive hit the bottle a few times now

>My rational here is that this goes hand in had with altruism.
Altruism is just a manifestation of one of those possible personal values. I believe that INFPs are predominantly altruistic because of their empathy and strong emotional reaction. Giving to others awakens feelings within them and INFPs like to ride along on that wave.
>Though I've also imagined some Fi types that don't like how they are wired?
Of course. Inferior Te is a Fi dom's main roadblock in life. It's an obstacle to turning their many fantasies and dreams into reality, and a source of great insecurity. INFPs who successfully master Te are among of the most interesting and admirable people out there, like heroes in a fantasy world.
>>shackles of objectivity...rejecting data based on fact
>Can you give an example? It seems absurd to me that someone would willingly bury their head in the sand
Facts don't care about feelings. Fi doms care about feelings very, very much. Therefore in order to maintain a positive, open and free worldview, they are somewhat liberal with their application of facts and cold rationale. Their desires can be fleeting and their pursuits may seem nonsensical, but they are genuine. This is inferior Te. Fi doms can't always find a way to relate the things they desire to the real world with all its rules and limitations.
>Externally...the unpredictable?
This is an Se weakness. I have inferior Se and everything you've said here applies to me.
>the inability to fully analyze some beliefs I hold because of momentum.
This is a dilemma every NT has to face. As a Te user I don't bother building complex logical frameworks because only reality truly matters, and reality happens to be unpredictable and difficult to capture with any consistency. My beliefs are based off experience and intuition. I'm no stranger to making a 180 turn on a subject when I discover new information that invalidates my beliefs. What I do analyze are my feelings.

Attached: 35ef51f49f67aa6eee30a60f7bc65bf23d0440d04d0e4b612c49b664801fd85b.jpg (500x500, 66K)

>If what you really mean is "wonder how many INTPs are actually just immature INFPs," the answer is none. You can't flip from 8th/demon Fi to dominant Fi. Besides, relying solely on test results is useless. I can get typed differently depending on the fucking tim

shut the FUCK up holy shit

Hmm, so if I have understood right, most infps and dominant fi types, are within their own definition, proud to be what they are. and the few that are not, develop well their Te? And also that in its nature, Fi is optimistic?( Ive always been told im realistic and often times cynical)

And that in any case, this is something that can be changed. (The fi)

Were you suggesting what I was describing was not Fi? and that my fear is irrational?

are you ENTP or a fellow autist INTP

>wanting to be intp
self mutilation is not ok.
t. intp

Post your MBTI and your waifu, I'm curious

INTP, pic related

Attached: 2dcb24d0f874ed0425b0a76bbf7053ddd189cfc7.jpg (1029x1029, 427K)

>most infps and dominant fi types, are within their own definition, proud to be what they are
It doesn't necessarily have to be pride that they feel, but honestly I don't think anyone in the world can really understand what it would be like to have a different dominant function. We simply are what we are and we all try to make the best of it.
>and the few that are not, develop well their Te?
Fi doms with developed Te know when to anchor themselves in reality and how to systematically pursue their goals. It's not a miracle or salvation, just a means to achieve it. Everyone should work on improving their less developed functions for their own good, it's where their greatest potential lies.
>Fi is optimistic
I don't think optimism or pessimism applies to that. By "positive worldview" I mostly just meant general happiness.
>And that in any case, this is something that can be changed. (The fi)
>Were you suggesting what I was describing was not Fi? and that my fear is irrational?
To clarify: People still "have" their shadow functions, but the only functions they consciously use are the first four, their stack. The shadow functions manifest themselves in different ways.
I think you are an INTP. As such, you aren't a conscious Fi user, it would be your 8th function, the so-called demon. I think that what you were describing was actually Fi. Your fear is not something I could call irrational, if you are indeed INTP it's actually natural, that said you would do best to overcome that fear because it's not doing you any practical good. It can be useful to be more in touch with your own feelings on a more "intimate" level than just logical analysis. That's me speaking as a Fi user, though. You might want to focus on Fe instead.
>are you ENTP or a fellow autist INTP
I'm INTJ.

INTP
If you're INTP and your waifu is neither Kotomi or Mashiro Shiina, consider yourself a failure.

Attached: good girl 2.gif (300x300, 1008K)

Waifus are for losers lmao
t. ENTP

>ideal self

kys OP you're a colossal fag

ENTP's are losers too though!

And I thought everyone gets an "INTJ" on that test. Like everyone.

from my experience and what I have read, the INTJ has a flame in them and are type A, and want to achieve and climb up in life. Does this pertain to you?

The typical diagnosis given to Jow Forums is INTP. INTJs are a bit less common here and actually pretty rare among the general population.
>the INTJ has a flame in them
Yeah. An INTJ without drive is a depressed INTJ and will end badly if he doesn't do something about it.
>and are type A
Don't know what this means, but if you mean the 16personalities -T/-A meme scale, I'm 80% -T.
>and want to achieve and climb up in life. Does this pertain to you?
Yes.

Attached: 1563726675131.jpg (640x640, 55K)

>answer this test as the person you wish you were
I'm INTP
It'd be nice if I didn't dislike social interaction as much

Attached: wiwtb.png (1105x997, 100K)

Aww cmon, if you try to answer reasonable, you'll get "INTJ". INTJ is dat common sense dude. So everyone is kinda INTJ. I wonder, what logic is behind this test.

INFP wanting to be ENFJ. Kill me.

Why even take this test as something meaningful?