Religion actually had social utility

I'm a physics student but I spend a great deal of time thinking about society and people. Here's one funny thing I've realized about our current direction of development.

People today have the consensus that destroying religion in the west is a step towards progress, peace and a more intelligent society. They usually even make it only about Christianity even though other religions are trying to come here as well.
I live in Finland, a very atheistic country, and what I'm seeing out there is people going more ooga-booga by the year: teens listen to minimalistic rap music devoid of all content, sex is the most important thing in life, and everyone is stressed out from the competition to be the coolest monkey. I see people aspiring to be big bodybuilders and thundercocks, not scientists. Just looking at social media and people out on the streets I can tell they're just getting dumber and dumber. More animalistic. I bet you've seen this, too. Even r9k is just about fucking and Chads, and we're supposed to be the most autistic robots in the west.
So, um, wasn't atheism supposed to make us a smarter civilization? No. There never was a connection between Christianity and people being dumb. People just are dumb by nature - and now they're unchained. With nothing guiding this latest generation of people, they're going to be as close to monkeys as possible. Just go out there, and see girls pull their skintight pants higher and higher, sticking their butts out while refugees 10 years older than her are going "dayum gurl" all around her and say with a straight face this is the scientific wonderland we got after Christianity was dethroned.

What makes atheists actually low IQ is that they can't see the social utility in religion. People have seen it for thousands of years, but our generation couldn't. We were too hung up on the formality of whether we can scientifically prove God or not. That will cost us a lot.

Attached: 1564165229904.jpg (960x960, 110K)

Religion is a tool to be used nothing more this is the real redpill on religion. Yes it can create healthy society with lots of unity and typically homogeneous societies with high trust. I am not a religious person but I do recognize its potential.

user I believe all religion have a common grout its to stop the darkness in our hearts aka the animalistic nature of our genes what do you think about it cause most religion all have the same groundwork but with different methods

Stfu if monkeys are too retarded to live without shitty religious guidance we should just inprison any child with an iq of less than 140. I think this would solve many problems, but we should also make it so every single human being lives for the sake of evolving science. The ones with low iqs will be forced to do labor for their entire lives. Social contact should be minimal for everyone alive, and the only time you ever have sex is when you have your scheduled time 2 times in your life, simply just impregnating 2 women in the hopes that your high iq genes pass on onto you kids. You will never see your kids, you will continue researching science until you die, and so will everyone else. I think this society is ideal.

But our animalistic genes cause us to want sex drugs and loads of other shit sooooo let's do it but we'll have to teach every one first slowly redpoll the masses

You talk of religion, as if it creates a utopia in society. If only people believed in it and all our problems would be solved. That's bullshit.
The enlightenment and the period of modernity undermined religion. As rationalism became the dominant way of explaining the world. Now in post-modernity everyone is no longer attached to their class, profession or family. But instead focus on celebrity culture and petty identify politics. That's the new religion of the west and there is no going back

Cohesive societies are rooted in moral systems that date back thousands of years. We pass on mythologies and folk wisdom that is distilled throughout generations, teaching people not to be trash. But now society has disregarded that and even worse, actively rebels against it. So the social cohesion is lost. You can no longer know that your neighbor is a god-fearing Christian , for all you know he's a degenerate crack smoking pedophile. Trust is lost and people have greater difficulty bonding and cooperating because everyone has a haphazard moral system based on a random assortment of degenerate media they've consumed.

Jordan Peterson talks about this a lot btw

As usual good points infected by a mostly unsubstantiated Jow Forums aspect. Unfortunately, if this thread does get any number replies, it'll focus on that instead of how useful religion was for giving spirituality to masses who are otherwise "entirely body". And as you said, - Now what do people have? I believe it is only a matter of time until something comes to replace the mantle of religion, perhaps an "impending doom" climate change focused scientism with a spin on technology as our saviour, that'd be fun, but I doubt it. Of course, if anything like organized religion comes about again on a massive scale, it will have its basis on the internet, and thus look very different to what we would expect. Maybe social media is the first seedling of this greater something.

Yes I understand user instead of being old school it will keep up with the latest trend iv started seeing religion recently do that they've started posting on the internet

In all honesty nothing has changed. Since the dawn of man everyone has wanted to be the better man in order to pass on their genes. Studying history there are always different periods and currently we're on the brink of one that will create a new Renaissance and with that Renaissance men. I strive to be one in all honesty. Things will change. Large shifts in society create even larger ones, especially when everyone realizes what they're doing isn't working. Saying that there's nothing wrong in taking care of your body and occasionally pulling women. My best advice is to just say fuck it and tell her she's beautiful. It's not gonna work most of the time but if you have that in and you keep up your charisma then someone is gonna come along. I'm smart but when I turn off the anxiety and take a leap things change. Just calculate your leap man. 50/50 is good enough sometimes.

All gravitates towards the topic of sex.
You are all just as bad as those ""masses"" you criticize but with a slightly higher GPA.

People in the 1600's were smarter and more civilized than people in 2019.
Just get a time machine and show Tik Tok vids and Instagram accounts to Newton and see him recoil in horror.

I always wonder if I'm the only one who has noticed how everything today is so damn oversexualized
People are bombarded with sexuality everywhere they go.
It creates stress. I have a theory that girls don't even want to dress slutty, they just go with the flow because of stress. Chads also don't want to fuck strangers on a daily basis, they do it because they think they have to.

This sounds like something I might have written when I was in 8th grade.

bump cause flight soon but very interested

It sounds edgy but actually drastic population control is the ONLY way we're ever going to stop devolving.
Chris Langan, IQ 200, proposed something similar. He said we need to have a committee of high IQ people in charge of the world instead of politicians, and then control the birth rate.
And yes, religion is a population control tool. People always use this as an argument against religion, but I tell them "yes it is, so what? People should be controlled."

As a guy who has a lot of casual sex, it's definitely a very enjoyable experience.

As to OP: what are you going to do about it faggot? You have more self awareness than normies, use that knowledge to manipulate chicks into having sex with you. Ultimately that's the only thing that matters in life.

as a guy who smokes a lot of weed, smoking a lot of weed is definitely an enjoyable experience.

what is the point of both of our statements? GOOD FEELS FEEL GOOD? lol
it's caveman tier.

Bad analogy, an activity similar to smoking weed would be masturbation, where you know deep down you're just coping. Sex doesn't feel at all like that, it feels very fulfilling.

Of course I'm going to assume you're an incel, so you wouldn't know that.

that would make sense if what i said was an analogy, but it wasn't lol.
you're more stupid than i am, that's fulfilling.

I think you should google the meaning of the word analogy, you might learn something. Also your blatant disregard for punctuation and spelling betrays your sub 80 IQ.

I'm an atheist but I have a hard time reconciling my lack of beliefs with the social structure that religion often provides. I believe the fundamental building block of a functioning and healthy society is the family unit, and religion supports that. For example, religion was what reigned in the alpha men and uplifted the betas. It prevented alphas from monopolizing the supply of women, and it gave betas a chance to procreate, provided they meet certain requirements. It's not hard to see the results of that system failing today, as you can see those gigachads having a literal harem of women. We also know from history that a large population of young men with nothing to live for become extremely dangerous, and we can see that today with all these fucking incels shooting places up. When it comes to women, religion suppressed their hypergamous nature, as well as prevented them from being poor and destitute. If she stayed a virgin, she would be granted a husband and provider, and she wouldn't have to worry about being on the streets.

At the same time, I can't see myself being religious in any way. I can't just have "faith" in something that I haven't seen proof of.

Religion has nothing to do with it. It was the combination of agrarian societies + lack of contraceptives.

Ooga boogas in Africa who still believe in witchcraft (the most basic form of religion I suppose) are still sexual degenerates

The great thing is that once our current ideas fail and our progressive society breaks down, God will prevail amonst people again for a little while, and it will probably be nicer than ever before. It will be very bad before then though, so hopefully it's not soon.

>manipulate chicks into having sex with you. Ultimately that's the only thing that matters in life
>Sex doesn't feel at all like that, it feels very fulfilling.

DESU people obsess over casual sex to fill a void in their soul.
I'm trying to reach a place in life where I don't need sex rather than get it.

>the fundamental building block of a functioning and healthy society is the family unit, and religion supports that
True. I always think about how the casual sex culture destroyed families. People only think about their own pleasure rather than what benefits society.

Attached: lost.png (492x554, 123K)

Everything oscillates in society, and acts like a sine wave.
Right now we're at our most godless, but this creates demand for God, and we'll reach a point where worshipping God is actually fashionable and considered smart again.
Kind of like how everyone was gay in the ancient Greece, then it became the ultimate taboo, now it's Greece all over again. Society moves from one extreme to the other periodically.
Currently we're seeing these extremes:
>dating a 17-year-old girl is the ultimate taboo, you sick pedo fuck
>religion is the ultimate taboo
>LGBT and hating Jesus is the ultimate YES

> I'm a physics student. I'm smart you guys. My opinion is right because I'm smart.