Went to a funeral yesterday. Why do they display dead people wearing their glasses...

Went to a funeral yesterday. Why do they display dead people wearing their glasses? It's not like she needs them to see or anything.

Attached: Thgddgvcdf.jpg (495x763, 177K)

its to make the family feel better, if they wore glasses all the time itd be uncanny if they werent during the funeral. Although it makes me laugh thinking some people probably think they need to be buried with them to see in whatever afterlife they believe in

>Open casket funeral
I'd rather have the memory of them alive than seeing a corpse.

I have to wear glasses 24/7, but I'll be honest, I look way hotter without them. If they put them on when I'm dead they would not appreciate my true attractiveness. If I don't need them anymore, just leave them.

The ancient Egyptians believed they'd raise from the ground so they kept items on them for that time at the end of days. The jews stole that idea and rather than pagan burning they believe at the end of times they'll raise from the grave and naked is a sin and such. Even if no longer people think that way that is where it comes from, such ethics. That and you simply don't want to see them naked if you're related to them. Glasses is part of your getup. But yeah, humans try to preserve themselves in a similar manner to the way people did in Egypt, the way the Jews did, pagans burned shit though because they're less sissy. Funeral pyre were seen as something evil to be done, fire being the wrath of god, to loved ones of abrahamic minds.

Also burning has a smell issue obviously. So does rotting. You bury them for that reason too. Don't want to smell Timmy rotting nor smell him cooking. Watching animals slowly eat him is also disturbing for people.

The Egyptians also removed the brain and threw it away.

Were they supposed to rise from the dead without brains?

is that bitch dead?

The soul came from the heart. They put the heart in a jar next to the bodies along with other organs, unless it was just the heart. The soul comes from the chest in their culture, why you feel it 'glow' when angry, in love, sad, etc. So they needed the heart to become alive again, after all once it stops beating you die. The heart was the most important part of the body to them. They show their writings chest towards the viewer usually for that reason with the head to the side.

Honestly I don't remember if they put the organs in jars but if they didn't they probably kept the heart in it's place based on their way of thinking about things. Like Ra being a sun god, the bottom of his boat being golden, the sun, letting it rain down from all that blue water up there in his realm. They were childish.

why not wear lenses? i have really poor eyesight so my glasses lenses are thick and make my eyes look tiny. only wear them at home

Yes she is. I took the photo when I went up there to view the body.

why dis dead bitch got pimples

>why do they display corpses wearing clothes?
itz not like they need them anymore lmao

Attached: xoomy.png (476x476, 116K)

why her lips so dried out?

Because it's a corpse

That's what killed her

What did she die of OP

Nice repost you autistic faggot kys and no she was not dead fucking new fags

>new fags
>a random thread on Jow Forums from 2 days ago

Attached: 1520929504705.png (250x418, 121K)

Why do you think zombies eat brains and act like they have none?

She was pwned bruhs

Attached: Pwned.jpg (495x763, 111K)