Do freelance programmers earn decent money? I want to get a job but I don't want to go outside or meet people irl...

do freelance programmers earn decent money? I want to get a job but I don't want to go outside or meet people irl. I think this kind of job would be perfect for me

Attached: 34534.jpg (500x500, 45K)

yes user I was wondering the exact same thing but instead graphics design leaning GIMP but not sure where to start

I earn over 200k annually, sometimes more.

Freelance IT stuff earns good money, yes. But you need to compete with pajeets. For that you need decent social skills to be able to talk with clients and understand their needs, because it's something pajeets can't do.

Work-at-home programmer here, but not freelance. I'd say you need decent sales skills to go freelance. If you just want to do your job and go home, just get a remote full-time job.

wtf be my freelance programmer sugar daddy

I don't even know what that means. Besides, you're not a woman (female).

and what if i was a woman user? no point me defending the fact that i am and not a trannie :/

>wasted all of my time watching anime and playing vidya when i could've been learning how to code
>now i'm a directionless idiot studying a worthless degree
it's over for me isn't it? plus my iq is 115 so i prob couldn't even learn how to code if i tried at this point

freelance programming sucks. Mostly you will make $25 / hour of work, and you will spend much more time talking to random people to gain clients than if you worked for a single employer, and that legwork to find clients isn't paid.

You're much better off programming for a company. You have to work with people either way, but at a company, you work with fewer different people with whom you will gain comfort over time, and all the time you spend working will be compensated for, and your employer will give you additional benefits.

companies won't hire some random retard without a cs degree

Attached: 645.jpg (249x182, 8K)

If you were an actual woman (female), I'd let you NEET in my house as long as you:
>made food
>weren't obese
>weren't a complete slob
>would find fun things to do
>would walk my puppy so he doesn't feel neglected when someone inevitably fucks up and leaves me juggling a disaster working long hours
That doesn't exist here though.
You still have a chance. There's literally infinite things to do. You're just making excuses as to why you should sit around and keep doing what you're doing.
>Mostly you will make $25 / hour of work, and you will spend much more time talking to random people to gain clients than if you worked for a single employer, and that legwork to find clients isn't paid.
It's a write off. So for any expenses you incur by finding clients, you could carry that over. Also, if you were experienced enough, $25/hour is literally bottom tier. You could accept that as an entry level, but anything beyond that just demonstrates lack of drive. Even then, you could sustain. It'd be better than living out west struggling off of a 120k salary.
>You're much better off programming for a company.
I work with large corporations that desire contracted work. Working for a software development company is trash and absolutely boring. Besides, everything you make belongs to them.
False. I dropped out of high school.

What level of programming skill should I start with? Also is it realistic to freelance while I am in Uni? I have 32hrs of class per week but i also literally cannot afford to attend the university

How? I only made like $100 month

Wasn't trying super hard but still. It's hard to get freelance offers

>Also, if you were experienced enough, $25/hour is literally bottom tier. You could accept that as an entry level, but anything beyond that just demonstrates lack of drive
But i dont know how to force people to give me money for my labor

>freelance programming sucks. Mostly you will make $25 / hour of work
I only make $19/hr as a programmer for a company right now

Fml

where the fuck are you guys finding these jobs?

by 200k he means 200k rupes

How do I that .

i want bailey jay to suck my dick

nope. i live in the northeast US. nice cope though.

>What level of programming skill should I start with?
I'm not sure what this means.
>Also is it realistic to freelance while I am in Uni?
Depends on your work load. You need to get more experience before anyone would even think about hiring you unless you know them personally. The only way to do this is to create projects for yourself. When doing this, make sure you set feasible deadlines for yourself just for the fuck of it to understand how deadlines never work how you intend. It'll give you a good idea how to timeline things based upon work hours.
>I have 32hrs of class per week but i also literally cannot afford to attend the university
You might have better luck just selling random shit on the internet to pay for your courses. Freelance work is incredibly unstable at first. At least initially.

Dude get photoshop and illustrator. No graphic designer work with gimp

Yes, they do make a lot of money. Learn how to make websites and web apps, then find clients. Write contracts, log hours, and send invoices. If you don't do this then you're a pussy for asking and not doing shit about it.

i know a guy making $36 an hour writing code for a minecraft server. He also does servers and shit and other commissions on the side

Which languages? How should I start if I have no education but yes some years of experience doing shit for vidya emulators?

No they don't. They're never going to get hired into a big corporation. If you build any free software hoping anyone likes it, you're out of your fucking mind and going to get murdered by people that want to take control of it if you don't end up getting turned into a human trafficking victim and abused physically, sexually, and mentally. You'll probably get stalked by multiple people trying to force you to suicide if you don't end up having been abused doing any of that. You're not going to land some cushioned job in the tech industry going to school for it. You're never going to make it freelance unless you already had some business connections. They're not going to hire someone they don't know. People they do know are going to do that kind of shit to you. It's not an honest job, and you won't find one.

and i am one. could orbit you online if you wanted desu, gonna go sleep now though so drop a contact if you are interested

any neets who want to do this i would suggest giving up and ignoring meme answers
you need better social skills to work freelance than you do to work in an office, instead of just discussing your work occasionally with coworkers you need to actually find clients, talk to them frequently over the course of a project etc
you need to be able to market yourself, ideally locally as its easier to get clients that way
just using freelance websites is a complete shitshow, you will be competing with an army of pajeets who will work for 2$ an hour and ignorant clients who dont know any better and will just pick the shitty pajeet who will copy paste some template he didnt pay for and add trash code behind it because its cheap
lots of programming jobs are cool with you working remotely these days it seems, you just have to look for them and probably do some time working in the office first to prove you are reliable, thats the best option imo

What if you absolutely can't program in an office, with others around and looking at you?

try to find a job that says they offer remote work and either just tell them you want to work remotely only or make up some disability as a reason why you can only work remotely (i dont know whether they would try to verify it or not)

also depends on your country
from what i can see, EU has most available for this kind of stuff
USA has quite a bit too but I think its mainly for more experienced people (but im not sure)
australia has barely anything
everywhere else i have no idea

It would be fine if I had my own room but I literally get locked with anxiety if other people are around me when I'm trying to work. I'm pretty productive otherwise.

Honestly you can, but it can take thousands upon thousands of hours to become a proficient professional. If you think you can play world of warcraft 4 hours a day and go to school and do this, you will fail. Sometimes you have to give up childish things to obtain adult responsibilities in life.

This ties into the fuck, programming sucks. They expect you to do personal projects related to code when youre not working on code at work. Unless youre already working full time, this is true. Accepting this will set you free.

why do you want to do programming if you dont particularly enjoy it? i do personal projects off and on all the time outside of work. i have like a list of 5 different ones I haven't even got around to starting yet that I want to do eventually

also no one expects you to be doing personal projects outside of work
do you even have a job?

To be honest, id like to buy an apartment in lower manhattan, find a significant other, and have a child someday. That all takes money. If I wanted to sit around and watch anime and play games all day id be NEET. So in short, to support myself and hopefully one day a family.

you'd be better off finding something you enjoy and making a career out of that rather than just picking something you think is easy money and you will end up hating every day of because you dont actually like it

I have a personal project i monetized and live off of while i go to school.

Im still growing it day in my spare time.

is 23 too late to start learning to code?

it seems simple enough but i hate it when i'm just learning endless functions and not seeing how programming works in actual projects

sounds good user, keep at it if you enjoy it

I do enjoy it. I dont know why you think i dont

>This ties into the fuck, programming sucks
because of this

>freelance programmers
>but I don't want to go outside or meet people irl.
bruh, thats the opposite
be a sysadmin or something, nobody wants to talk them and everytime they try to warn higherups of security or updates (spending company money) they get ignored

I meant to quote that but quotations dont work on mobile. I was referencing people who say that.

oh alright my mistake

do you fucking have adhd or something? get adderall you sperg

>programming with adhd
that's literally impossible

>unable to focus/finish projects
pfft, where do you think all these ambitious vaporware startups keep popping up from?

>juicebox

ain't she a bit old for that

>not seeing how programming works in actual projects
go use one of those dumb learn to program games they make for kids now or learn to make UIs and GUIs first