Anyone else enjoy torturing their body by skateboarding?

anyone else enjoy torturing their body by skateboarding?
landing a dangerous and difficult trick is the only sense of achievement I get in my shitty life.

Attached: DreamGirlBlk__06115.1551993192.1280.1280.jpg (1280x1280, 142K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4NSNLIpaw-U
youtu.be/DLqbz9UiDUs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't consider myself much of a skater but I really like ollieing over and onto stuff. my ollie is pretty decent if im going fast enough

based olliechad
Now try to spin the board 180 degrees

nice. ever tried ollie up a ledge into a manual?
or maybe a boardslide?

ive never tried that actually. I find manuals to be kinda hard. Ive tried doing some basic grinds but im pretty bad at boardslides.

fuck I chipped my shin bone.

>hookups
superior taste

skating is a very good fake accomplishment simulator user, its kinesthetic, has a limited material cost on the environment since its mostly made of renewable and recycled materials, and surplus industrial supplies like ball bearings , skateparks exist on mostly under utilized and disused commercial space, and most importantly it pisses off normal fags to high heaven, try sending out some pics or videos out to skate websites and companies, they might give you free shit

>tfw i'll start skating this weekend
Feels good bros.

Attached: 1376347455952.jpg (399x382, 66K)

if you've never skated before, be prepared to fall over a lot.

I wish i had somewhere private to skate. being 25 and skating in public is just embarrassing unless you're a pro

i tried for years when i was younger. could not pick it up for the life of me.

you'll get used to it. everybody embarrasses themselves. part of the identity of being a skater is not giving a fuck what anybody thinks.

I used to. My wrists are permanently fucked up from falling awkwardly hundreds of times. It's a painful form of exercise, but pretty fun.

I know, right?
I wanted to get pic related, but they're all out of stock everywhere I go.

Attached: 2019-HU148__53475.1553290476.1280.1280.jpg (1280x1280, 168K)

probably weebs putting it on their wall, considering the background is just a plain blue stain you could probably just buy a blank blue stained board thats actually the size you like and transfer a vector over your self and just put a thin layer of light weight clear UV proof epoxy over it

My body is ready, user.
Originoli

if you have any half decent balance you might be dissapointed until you start doing tricks

also, what size board you got?

yeah my legs are all blue from practicing front foot impossibles. I skate alone but I don't mind, it's some sort of therapy for me especially right now since everything is going to shit

>legs
...how?
Ive only seen people fuck their ankle on that

fuck yeah i used to skate when i was younger, i'm a 30yo boomer veteran and my knees/back can't take it
>tfw when flying through the air like your favorite chinese cartoons
its satisfying whether you stick it or bail either way, but much more when you roll away clean

I bail too often so the trucks hit my foot (very fucking painful) or the board hits me below my shins. I could post a pic but nobody here wants to see my hairy legs.

ive been skating since i was 12, if i kept going at it harder i maybe couldve made something out of myself. but im a massive pussy so when it comes to stairs and handrails i get jittery past a 6 stair. i still enjoy it though its one of the only things making me happy right now :)

what are you scared of? breaking your leg? Ive seen someone hairline fracture their hip on a side walk curb, thats a million times more fucked up and painful than failing an antuan dixon impression

mostly my head and my balls. sticking to a rail and smacking my head or landing sideways down a set of stairs and getting flung backwards and getting dropped. when i was little i would always wear a helmet but a lot of skaters are judgmental and pretty shitty so i got super insecure about wearing a helmet as i got older :/

wear an army surplus kevlar helmet with a strap, or one of those literally modified skateboard helmets with night vision mounts that special forces and mall ninjas love so much if your masculinity is threatened by being called a safety faggot

Any sk8r bois looking for an e-gf (female) ? Hmu.

you've just got to practice your falls.
also, your head is actually harder than you may think.

not so much of masculinity but more of im just sick of being bothered by shitty people when i just want to enjoy myself.

ive gotten the roll technique pretty good after skating for a long time but when it gets to things like 8 stairs and handrails, even the best of the best skaters get absolutely smoked quite often

skating since I was 3. Good way to get art hoes.

continuing since I realized I had more to say. When I was little I was trying really hard to get sponsored, I was doing competitions in grade 6 and won a couple. I did one when I was in grade 7 and I collided with another kid and got really injured so it's kinda scared me from trying hard at it. Now it's a nice little activity to go out with good buddies. The little tricks I learn are satisfying.

youtube.com/watch?v=4NSNLIpaw-U

>Hand screen prints> DIY transfers>Hook ups, Creature>world industries>vallely decks>blind

wear the mall ninja bump helmet, theyre literally skate board helmets

Shave your beard. If your hair is going, you can still debatebly be a young lad losing hair. Age doesn't matter after 21, join me.

anyone else playing the session early access? it's pretty sick

isnt that just skate 4?

This is what made me like skateboarding you kind of just have to deal with people being annoying. People getting in the way, your board hitting people/stuff, people telling you to leave etc.

Also falling become less embarrassing after a while.

based skating bro

Attached: IMG_0122.jpg (110x125, 3K)

where u at bby?
hmmm?

Currently waiting on an injury to heal, its been a few weeks but I suspect I had a really severe sprain. Arrived at the DIY spot and rolled my front ankle popping over a little parking block, just landed wrong cause I hadn't skated for a few weeks. I'll show some pics cause why not.
fucking love impossible variations, my fave one i learned is an impossibe fs sexchange. looks so fucking weird but my #1 fav is forward flips so theres that.

left ankle swole af it was awful i could barely walk for a week but i had to go to work (manufacturing)

Attached: IMG_20190812_235446.jpg (3024x4032, 1.93M)

better shot of my disgusting foot injury bruises like the morning after i anyway it still feels sore like a month later in those spots where its bruised if i move it the wrong way so i havent skated yet (also the carolina heat)

Attached: IMG_20190812_234009.jpg (1996x2662, 1.8M)

go away dude

ive been skating on and off for about 13 years, its basically the only form of true gratification ive felt. and fuck, ive wanted a hookups board so bad for a long ass time but they are hard as shit to find. their site is always sold out of everything

Attached: 1539489160383.jpg (256x256, 71K)

do you not have a shitty zumiez near you?

i try and avoid zumiez like the plague, but the last times ive been in there havent seen any hookups boards

What skateboarding YouTube channels y'all like?
I love watching erased in Japan videos. Braille skateboarding is pretty great too.

wait..... would they even have them in this shitty day in age?

i watch everything posted on thrasher thats about it. cant stand the "wow we made a board out of [X] material unsuitable for being made into a board! watch us fuck around to loud music for 10 minutes and 3 seconds!" typa shit

those erased in japan videos are fucking kino as fuck
>tfw will never street skate around japan with my friends

Attached: 1560276863339.jpg (500x514, 27K)

also, ben degros, he is the goat

blood wizard is good dad metal and skating

no idea, ive only seen an irl hookups board a few times, at least where i live, they have always been pretty damn rare

Use to skateboard when I was a kid. Gave up because I spent 2 years trying to do an Ollie with zero success.

Attached: 1564031954873.jpg (495x395, 32K)

but ollies are pretty simple.
I learned them practicing everyday for a week.

i can only ollie, my friend is dragging me out to learn some new shit so i'm excited
just being on my board makes me relax because i got nothing else to worry about except going forward and not being hit by a car

Attached: 18580472_1909871139289940_8410585287524089856_n.jpg (480x480, 35K)

That's why I gave up. Too dumb to get anything right.

I did it from age 12 to about 20. I was extremely into and pretty good. I still have at least ten or dreams a year where I'm back at the skate park trying to do tricks with all the other guys that also went there every day.

Thoughts on "celeb" skaters?
>Eric Koston
>Ryan Shekler
>Rob Dyrdeck
>Bam Margera
>Aaron Kyro
>Tony Hawk
Ect?

grew up watching these guys
>you now remember watching Really Sorry on VHS with everyone at that one friend's house who parents were never home

Attached: 1547875767959.png (1920x1080, 40K)

half of those are scientology affiliated, tony hawk is cool and rich, and i really want bam to get his shit together

ahhhh, the good ol' days of doing treflips in the park with the boys. i think about picking it up again but i wonder if i'd look too old doing it

>OP literally posts my exact skateboard

I'm being watched, aren't I?

Attached: holyfuk.jpg (750x680, 26K)

if you're old and not fat it's not a big deal
if you are fat people will notice that you're old, and subsequently think you look too old to skate

It's a youth culture thing. Let it go.

>Think skateboarders are all stoned out of their mind, retarded and obnoxious douches
>Start going to the skate general
>They're all amazing people and only help newbies
>Every skate video I've seen is skaters being bros unless some boomer is doing dumb shit

*scoots into your path*

Attached: scoot.jpg (840x738, 46K)

"Be safe bud! You gotta make sure you watch out for people skating fast through here, you could really get hurt! Let me know when your parents are coming back for you so I can yell at those fucking retards to cough up for a real babysitter and then buy you a board setup."

Ive trued skateboarding it wasnt for me and if i tried now it would be a bad idea since i broke my leg getting hit by a car. Had to get a rod inside my leg with screws. So ya im not gonna be ever skating with that

you really think a little brat would put in the time, effort and money to learn how to skate?

I raped the last scooter kid that got in my way at the skatepark. FUCKING GAPED HIM IN FRONT OF EVERYONE.

that's a bit sketch.
he probably deserved it, though.

such a normalfag thread. you faggots are exposed

>skating
>normalfag
you dont know shit retard

Frontside flipped off the half-pipe last Weekend this was the result. Would recommend KROOOKED boards they seem to be the only brand to last me more then 2 weeks.

Attached: IMG_20190920_005949.jpg (2175x3082, 1.45M)

I used to.
Not skated since around 2012... around the time my depression hit critical mass.
Not even my love of skateboarding could save me.
I've kept my old board though, just incase...

Still watch skating all the time though, and still dress the same as I did back then.
Was considering getting back on the board this summer, but being drunk and miserable 24/7 kinda got in the way.

Attached: IMG_20190919_135939-min.jpg (3120x4160, 1.27M)

Forgot to add...
This was me back in 2006 (hence the potato recording quality)

youtu.be/DLqbz9UiDUs

thicc line