Dungeons and Dragons

I think it would be really fun to run a D&D campaign in a thread. I'm not sure how exactly we would do it, but I feel like it would be a blast to play with Jow Forums

Attached: Dungeons & Dragons.jpg (600x838, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.bs/amp/s/knightssemantic.wordpress.com/2016/06/01/the-west-marches-a-style-of-dd-campaign-for-large-groups/amp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I want to be a Paladin

That would be fine. First we'd need to decide which rule book to go with and how we would transition some of these rules to a thread format.

Guess I should look to see if there is already a version out there.

fa/tg/guys of Jow Forums, in this thread now
we doin 3.5 or 5e
all other editions are shit and this is fact
I've played 5e many times, but always in person, no idea how to do it in a thread though

my wife chino

use advanced third edition

I've only played 5e, I'd prefer that but depends on what everyone else wanted

yeh 5e seems like probably the best option
we should start at lvl 3 or 6, but who would DM?

I want to be a muscular wolfman

If anyone here has dm'd before, they should

I WANT TO CAST M A G I C M I S S I L E !

Thinking something like last digit is your roll for what you're doing. It would translate to a D20 by doubling what ever you roll.

Example would be that a post ending in:

1 = 2
4 = 8
7 = 14

and so on. The DM of course would keep track of that. then 0's would be critical miss and dubs would be critical hits. Anything above dubs would depend on the situation but probably would work mostly as dubs.

We could have each player put their stats in their name like so, Player Name / Class+level of class / STR +# / DEX +# and so on. (ex: Biggles Dicktickler / Fighter 4 / STR +4 / DEX +2 / CON +3 / WIS +1 / INT -1 / CHA +0)

But what do you cast it at?

or, we could host the event as Jow Forums but do it on /tg/ which has a dice rolling service

also, what we doin for homebrew?

I've mostly only played 5th and would know that one the best. I feel like it's also the best starting point for people who haven't played as well as for trying to transition to a thread format.

Oh shit do they?! I never go on there so I didn't even know. Um, I think homebrew would depend on who is playing. If it's mostly newer people, I'd stick to official material

0 = critical hit x3 damage

aight, UA is as far as we go
but, my friend made a sorc fix (cuz they suck ass) and I think it would be good to include

I was gonna say to at least allow revised ranger since it's probably far smoother and a better experience.

What's the sorc change?

As for DMing. I have been working on a story but I don't have anything prepared in terms of important encounters. and it's still pretty bare bones

more subclasses, more varied metamagics, uses a spell points system, other flavour changes

stops it from being a much worse wizard

also revised ranger/variant human is perfectly fine

I'd say that we'd want to run it by who ever is DMing.

I'd DM but I'm already in two play groups currently and don't have enough free time

I'm in two play groups as well but we play one campaign one week then the other the next week.I could probably make the time work but I also am inexperienced as a DM

I'm a little inexperienced as well, but over keyboard you have plenty of time to think and it shouldn't be too big of a deal

i want to be a bard
A BARD

Which I think would make it easier to work with. I think it really just comes down to how to do combat and getting encounters ready with little prep.

lol a bard works too.

roll20 for encounters/combat works perfect
probably a good idea to have less than 10 people playing at a time though

rolling to fuck the local tavern wenches

If we stuck solely to the thread format, I'd just have us do it as theater of the mind. It would be easier in this format than trying to set up grid combat.

But this also might be easier to just get people together and do it all online via discord/roll20 and what ever else would make it work.

You fuck all the wenches. Roll a CON saving through to see if you get any diseases.

you have failed your saving throw Vs VD and dickpox
loss 2hp a day until cured

Attached: 1496729412940.png (800x600, 746K)

yeah part of me thinks thread fun stops at quest threads
thread campaigns have definitely been done before and deemed too shit to carry on with

So maybe it's something we instead plan out and get people together to do it that way. I don't want to end up making it seem like another gay discord gathering though.

rolling to cure all STD's I have

You are off by one. Your disease actually worsens. You now fear for the life of your dick.

prithy yon bard hath perished of the dragon dildo pox
wilth thee doth flagilate upon thy selves

Discord Play By Post is pretty easy. There's a style called West Marches where the grand DM basically just makes a world and the other players decide amongst themselves what they want to do. Players, with the approval of the true DM, can DM their own quests inside of the same campaign. Turns into more of an mmo. I gotta go to sleep but here's a post on it.
For editions, I'd say 5e with homebrew is simplest, though 3.5 is probably the most fleshed out. Been into DnD for a while now and only seriously took the plunge when critical role season 2 started out. Fjord is probably the coolest one there.

google.bs/amp/s/knightssemantic.wordpress.com/2016/06/01/the-west-marches-a-style-of-dd-campaign-for-large-groups/amp/

I'd join, sounds potentially fun

I think I'd rather keep it to more natural DnD play but your suggestion is certainly one to consider.

We'd be happy to have you join.

Glad to hear that, I'm not particularly experienced but I've been on a few things like this.
Thinking of making a cleric maybe.

Well, once we figure out what we want to do and how we want to do it, I think it will be really fun!

Attached: slowfuck.png (386x416, 231K)

I'd be happy to but we need to decide what we want to do about the format of playing.

I love D&D but roll threads are cancer and RISK/D&D threads are glorified roll threads that belong on which was literally made for them.

I mean, there would be more to it than just rolling like those threads. It's also why we would contemplate going to /tg/ since they have a dice roller plug in.

Overall though, I think the best way is to get on a call or set up a discord (or some other app) that allows us to set up something that will let us roll dice.

The arume threads use discord bots so it might not be a bad idea to do the same with this.
It would allow us to have the threads on here too.

Do they just do the story choices in thread but have a discord app that rolls for everyone? I've never participated in those threads.

they only do rolls in the discord, practically everything else is done in the threads.

That could work. It would make it possible to have all interactions done away from the thread making it less of a roll thread feel. But it would still all be text based, allowing us to take our time with it.

Alright so I have a discord channel made with a dice rolling bot added. Assuming anyone that wants to play is okay with using discord, we could do as Norway mentioned and run everything on Jow Forums with rolling dice left on discord. This would allow us to keep character sheets there as well and anything else that needs to be long term.

Do you guys like this idea or do we want to do something different?

Bump

I'd be cool with it, but how would you handle such a big party?

Honestly if probably take the first 5 or so people that want to play. More people can join the server but at that point we would need to split it into different parties.

Another option that may be better for Jow Forums is to solely do one shots. It means we don't have to prep as much and makes it way easier to manage lots of people. We would just have a couple different DMs and depending on the amount of people, we just split it as evenly as possible.

I think just having one-shots, or like multiple one-shots in a shared universe would make things easier to manage, yeah.

I have to agree. Then if we get more solid members that want to do a real campaign, we could try it. But one shots are going to probably be the way to go.

good idea, but let's make the campaign based on meme wars

Kot?

Attached: takkun_p.jpg (425x422, 33K)

If you want to play and be a kot, then kot. If not, then no kot

Chen.

Attached: Hi.gif (221x221, 189K)

Wouldn't mind playing but I don't have enough time to play it

That's also why one shots would be easier. Less dedicated time.