I know to some extent that Jow Forums has always been a shithole mostly full of people that don't have friends for good...

I know to some extent that Jow Forums has always been a shithole mostly full of people that don't have friends for good reasons, but does it feel like a real shift for the worse has taken place?

I don't want this to be another thread where we rally to point at Reddit/discord/another board as a boogeyman. This board has always had particularly egregious bait and shitposts, but underneath that was a fringe that felt alive. There were genuine, relatable weirdos who could just relax together. Seeing a streaming site with others watching shows or playing music together wasn't rare. There were more threads centered around mysticism, reading your fate, etc. In general it seemed like there were more users who didn't lash out at everyone, everything, and each other

I guess I'm looking in the wrong places now but I've related the most to those that I met on here

Attached: 417B03BC-E5AE-4211-9628-6D785936086F.jpg (2048x1365, 398K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=HcoDZqkS6bM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There's no preserving the old culture of Jow Forums at this point. It's well known by normalfags due to the site being referenced often in the news and places like Reddit/Tumblr/Facebook.

god that picture is SO comfy. yea iktf user. there used to be intriguing streams of consciousness that would provoke deep and interesting disussions about a wide variety of topics. if you spam threads like that enough you could perhaps cause a shift back that.

I'm not even really talking about a time before Jow Forums was mainstream and I feel that it's reductive to blame it on the normies

I don't know if I have it in me to try to commandeer board culture especially when the average user and discussion seems like it has shifted. I do make a few threads but they receive no attention. I could try to make a server but interest in those has also died down after all the terrible ones got links filtered. Plus if my amount of effort reaches a certain threshold I'll probably be reminded that I have much more important priorities and avenues of self-realization. So maybe. Still, at least someone else feels like something here is amiss now. Thank you

Attached: C008C594-D743-40C5-916D-E628CF9E3B54.jpg (498x372, 22K)

Yes it's worse but
>missing fortune telling
Srsly fag?

Since the captcha died I've been on 8 chan off and on. Discord and that are the final straws along with everyone pretending to not be a white male neet or actually not being a male that is white and neet like we originally were. So yeah, when the number two clusters I'm not even here. It's why this site sucks, not just newfaggots get here but people like me can't stand the site. Fuck jewgle. Fucke pisscord. Fuck normalfaggots and their virtue signalling that comes with lgbt and toxic femininity (feminism). They are no fun allowed. The moderation is not fun allowed either. The dumbest shit gets censored while the bait stays.

LGBTis politically correct, that pleases the advertiser dick. Discord probably shills itself here on Jow Forums like sicflics shilling here on gif for years in the past. Discord is to sell information and it's stupid to use it for all the obvious sheep reasons and it being not desentral. Jewgle is corrupt by the corrupt government. Jow Forums thus is injected with dogshit, and thogh I have them blocked, the ads are of the worst site's tier now. Absolute garbage.

Other dead places need to get posts. Lonely people won't go to dead places. It's a shit thing to have happen where you stay invaded due to sheep behavior. I leave, no one follows, they finally do, 8 chan dies and they spread out too much, I come back. I hate the powers that be and so should you.

>>normies
Spot the normalfaggot.

Really, about fortune telling you had better not mean cancerous get threads with the 8 ball and such because kys if so. It's against the rules for a reason. All it is is blatant spam with zero intelligence behind it. It's not even cute like random praise of gets. If you mean that weird cat playing god then fine. The one at the table a while back.

Something does seem wrong.

I'm on my android laying on my back (don't have a sim even get off my back it's a pda I've never used apps like tinder nor ever had a fakebook account nor texted people nor ever had a smartphone with service and I found this cell on the ground also)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=HcoDZqkS6bM

But yeah. People post this to this day on 8 chan when it was up as a mp4 but with a better version.

i agree
i enjoy the /comfy/ and room sharing threads but there's no denying this board really is a desolate wasteland
here's an oc comfy image

Attached: a comforting retreat.jpg (1500x1500, 1.35M)

No, not 8 ball threads. I'm mostly referring to fateanon or tarot readings. I liked them because you could tell the OP was genuinely into what they were doing either as a hobby or due to beliefs systems/weird brain. I liked seeing good presences and personas who weren't forcing it solely for attention (tripping, constantly slinging shit, etc)

Attached: 4B41D7F4-235A-43AA-A2B8-2721568E5545.jpg (880x622, 128K)

>comfy
We were always mostly venting. Now it's baited too much to do it and have meaning. Comfy on uncomfy places is disingenuous too.

You miss high effort and creative posts. Pretty sure you have to get paid to do that in current year Internet or new SWFs would be showing up rather than steam threads begging for cash. The Internet is mouth breathing consumerism. Comsumers don't create nor think.

Appreciate it, saved it right quick I tell u what

Attached: B3419D92-80DD-4B85-B65D-6CCD05BE4070.jpg (540x539, 41K)

because it used to be only the weirdos nerds and eccentric types or people with obscure tastes ever went to any sort of social media on the internet, You were considered a real freaking weirdo by normal people for being on IRC or forums or places like this. Hell even my own parents bitched about how I wasn't talking to "real" people. But it turned out those losers like myself I was talking to were more real than the plastic pieces of shit I encountered in the real world who only spout the same main stream opinions over and over.

That was the golden age of the internet. What ruined it was My space, Facebook and twitter made that nerd kind of communication main stream. So all the normies who ignored the internet flooded in and poisoned everything they touched because mentally they are nothing but drones repeating the same drivel over and over. Still Jow Forums resisted the invasion for awhile but it produced too many memes and got too much fucking attention and ended up being polluted like the rest. Its still better than the likes of Facebook though. Over all the normie invasion of the internet has vastly ruined it. They have white washed and Disneyfied every little bit of soul they can find.

My only solace is knowing the normies are too fucking stupid to tackle the problems being thrown at human civilization and that the entire shit show is going to collapse or have one hell of a culling in the next century. Either way good riddance.

this post is so fucking true, damn.

All true. I should've just made an effort to marry an internet gf back in the early 00s when it was still possible.

>women on the Internet
>trying to get with someone you meet randomly in the early 2000s over the Internet
>a female for the point of dating
This post gave me cancer. You are the problem.

Not that user.

good point one of the golden rules back in the day was never give away your real name or address. Now people post every asinine thing they do like go to mc donalds on facebook.

but OP was bitching about increased shitposts on Jow Forums, not the normalfag takeover of the internet.

Also, the guy you just replied to, money was a nono. Now when you install a browser or even a linux it'll have a amazon feature automatically on it.

Money bad. Information of personal nature bad. Censorship bad also, even after 9-11 people didn't blatantly censor for no real reason.

A shitload of people got married from discovering they have common interests and talking about their everyday life in the 90s and 00s, moving across the world to be together and all that shit was very common. That you can't do that anymore because internet communication went to shit and merged with real life through social media and fuck sites, that's the problem.

Its all connected. The greater internet was poisoned and it spread to Jow Forums and continues to spread to this day. Like the rising mercury levels in the oceans.

I'm doing pretty well off desu.
3rd year at uni, found a solid and group and they turned into my friend group, slowed down on drinking, caffeine, jacking off, video games feel good again, run 3 times a week.
It's all coming up Milhouse.

i think you're taking this too seriously user
i just want to spread the comfy
thanks user right good lad