Want advice on how to deal with extreme depression

>want advice on how to deal with extreme depression
>"just meditate bro!"
fucking normies

Attached: just meditate bro.png (658x116, 9K)

Exercise is actually a great natural antidepressant. The meditation is no where near as useful to a depressed person but it's a good practice otherwise.

Meditation is a good treatment you imbecile. You're just too weak minded for it

I had severe depression/anxiety at the beginning of this year. I still do have both, but to a much lesser extent.

Those things listed did actually help. It's definitely not a magic cure, I'd even call it a cope, but I can definitely say I feel better now than before.

To be clear, I'm 32 KHV here, so the polar opposite of a Normie.

They think being sad for a few days is depression.

Attached: 1567443713233.png (262x366, 74K)

meditating is good, many people smarter and more successful than you do it
running, however, is shit, running and jogging there is no reason for anyone to do regularly for exercise

No one is more successful than me, fuck off.

I don't do meditation but I do work out 6 days a week and the energy I have to do more things makes me a lot happier than when I was 70lbs heavier and brainfogged to hell and back.

I'd argue doing a 2 week nofap reset helps too every month.

I've been going about it entirely the wrong way.
I've been drunk 10+ years straight and wasn't getting better.
Smoking weed every day too.
Recently cut down/trying to quit... and noticed a massive improvement... anti-depressants are working for the first time since I started them over a decade ago.

Come to the conclusion it's impossible to get better when you're never sober.

Theb why are you sad op?

Meditation works though.

>>"just meditate bro!"
>fucking normies
You are the normie, John.

>hit the gym 5 days a week
Or give your self adequate rest that your body needs I work out 3 or 4x a week and look better than all of Jow Forums & Jow Forums

Depression to me seems to be linked to a certain place and or behavior. A trigger, if you will.
If you separate yourself from these triggers and focus a lot on what you're currently doing / some sort of low-level zazen, you may find some improvement.
Meditation, like gym training, requires a guide to be able to pull off successfully in the early stages.

It depends on the source of your depression. Is it a chemical imbalance in your head? Then the normie advice is good. Is your depression the outcome of external issues? Then that advice won't work.

I used to hate advice like that too until I realized that my kind of depression wasn't the only kind.

>literally so depressed I can't even get out of bed and just sit through my classes some days
>lol just jump into an intense workout schedule + daily meditation bro, make sure not to slack ;)

You have to get out of your comfort zone if you want to achieve anything in life.

Have you tried drinking more water? Eat healthy and get lots of sleep.

Or just ask a friend to cheer you up :)

>muh depreshun!
You're a normalfag too.

>be 5'7 120lbs manlet
>decide to hit the gym and eat properly
>11 months later
>body in excellent shape 150 lbs
>still a manlet
whats the fucking point

Attached: 1479352906733.gif (360x240, 1.27M)

Meds. Depression is an imbalance in your brain. The only thing that'll fix that imbalance is meds. I take 150mg of some offbrand of Xanax everyday.

Sounds like a great way to get addicted to benzos forever.

Boxing makes depression worse. Those concussions are no joke.

>You're just too weak minded for it
>calling a depressed person weakminded
that's how depression works. are you braindead?

"Eastern" meditation in the west is largely a farce and most of these dumbasses who "practice" it have no idea what they're doing. Look up the dark side of dharma.

>work out 5 times a week
>still depressed
exercise against depression is an even bigger meme than meditation

>exercise 5x a week
>run 20 mins a day
>jewpills
>wagecuck
>still wants to die
what else are they going to come up with?

Attached: 1478949625754.jpg (633x758, 67K)

>try meditating for many years
>do it as best i can
>get diagnosed with OCD
>"so THATS why i failed at meditating"

try again normie

ask normies questions
get normie answers

i would say the opposite. instead of calming yourself down, you need to do exciting shit. hiking, climbing, lifting. if you have testicles feel free to put yourself in dangerous situations, or at least do weird stuff. break into an abandoned building and take pictures. check out that green spot on your local map. the goal is to fight against the thing draining your motivation actively. even if it is stupid or cringe shit.