Is college useless?

Is college useless?

im looking at all this shit you can study and it all looks like a waste of time

Attached: 1566743120484.jpg (976x1632, 658K)

I would not want medical doctor who did not go to college. Its def important

Not if you want to get passed hr lady.

It is unless you can graduate in Engineering, Physics or Math.

I graduated with a degree in computer engineering. I did not go to class much but that was not the point. What you learn in school and what you learn on the job are rather different skill sets. You are there to get a piece of paper to get you a job. I actually used to work at one of the low end Fortune 500 companies (number 470 something), and it was good pay.

More than that college changed me as a person. I became far less afraid of people and far more comfortable with who I am. It exposed me to a lot of different types of folks and was formative for who I am today. It is also where I met some of the few friends I have.

Enjoy your pajeet that doesn't know how to make a diagnosis.

Modern college is useless as it has no standards at all but it's also the easiet way to make good money if you have no clue about anything.

college is a massive meme
but you have to go there or (((they))) won't take you seriously

depends on course. i know a girl who finished a history course and she been looking for a 'proper' job for months now. she stuck waiting tables with me.

I fell for college, it sucks. Do a trade, it's less time wasted and still there is potential for high pay. Not to mention the job security.

nope. plumbing or electrician. pick any.

welding and machining too

Aren't the majority of maths degrees useless for anything other than teaching? What could you do with a maths degree that isn't a top school with top grades?

There's potential for high pay with a degree too if you're such a hard worker that you'd make a lot in a trade

Make sure you pick based on your local job market. The number of plumbers/electricians/etc any area needs is limited. If you choose one with a local saturation you would have to move.

accounting and data analyst

Lots of companies need data analytics done, especially now a days.

Not saying that you can't get paid well with a degree. College is pretty over saturated and can take up to 4+ for pay off. Trade job programs start paying fairly early and you get paid more over time. One downside to trades is a lack of women.

What does pay max out at for most trades?

>accounting
Not without without a degree in accounting/business of some kind
>data analyst
Yeah seems reasonable. And that's not the kind of job where they only consider applicants with an "exceptional academic record"?

it isn't useless if you know what you want to do and you feel very strongly that you'd like to take a certain academic/career path.

it is almost certainly useless otherwise. I shouldn't have to explain how paying ~10-20k a semester (if you're lucky) to try and find out what you want to do is a retarded financial decision. Go to community college or work and self-study until you find something interesting, then go to college for it

Attached: shark.jpg (598x540, 42K)

Unless your degree gives you qualifications for something, it is. For the most part, that means stick to science, mathematics, practical studies. STEM majors. However, there are majors in the humanities that can qualify you for certain careers, but that is far more dependent on your ability to find and pursue that sort of work. STEM work is far more available and usually more lucrative.

Depends on what you want to do. It always depends. The answer is never a black and white absolute, like "DURR COLLEGE BAD" or "DURR COLLEGE GOOD".

I heard up to around $60k

If you know what you want to do and are willing to go through all the bullshit needed to do it then it is still a solid, albeit much more difficult than it once was path. Thing is most people either dont know what the fuck they want to do (try to recount how many times you have heard of people changing majors willy nilly on a whim before you were even 18) or go for the meme degrees. You dont go to college to learn, you go to get a piece of paper saying that in theory you are not a complete retard in whatever you got a degree in to hopefully get a career in something you are interested in which is where the real learning will begin. It all depends on what you want to do and what you are after, you could be smart and not do well in college at all for whatever reasons and be a dumbass yet still fit in nicely.
Depends on the specific trade as well as where you work and whether or not you are a part of a union, and if you are willing to relocate for the high paying jobs. The really lucrative jobs can easily be 6 figures, but like college degrees there is a fuckton of variables to take into account.

You're right. How can this be so complicated for some people?
>some people waste tons of money on a degree they have no use for, therefore there are no good degrees