Do ldr ever work? I'm falling in love with a robot I met from here and it scares me

Do ldr ever work? I'm falling in love with a robot I met from here and it scares me.

How do you make them work? We are gonna be meeting soon so theres that at least. I don't want to lose him.

Attached: 1568445211175.jpg (585x600, 49K)

It depends on some things, at least for me.
How far are you apart? Do you live in different time zones, and if yes how far are they apart?

Not gonna lie, LDRs are hard and they are not for everyone, but there are also people out there that managed to hold on for 5 years or so before they could finally move and be together.
I am currently also in an LDR with a robot who I fell in love with, and I am super happy and we're making it work.
I am happy you found someone special and you are meeting up soon, tell me more about that, OP.

let's not ask the advice board, let's ask the people who will never be in any kind of relationship instead

To be fair, Jow Forums isn't as good as it used to be, and since OP is falling in love with a robot, maybe it's a more relevant question here.

>Do you live in different time zones, and if yes how far are they apart?
He's two hours behind me but we live in the same country at least.

How long have you two been dating? Are you gonna move in together soon? We actually met on one of those ideal partner threads on here... I might actually be moving to the same state as him when my lease ends next year but this was something pre-planned before I even met him. I haven't told him that yet though since I'm still uncertain.

2 hours isn't too bad, you're lucky. That's good then.
We have been dating for almost a year now, and if everything works, we will move in together around the end of next year.
Also we're lucky because he has an occupation that allows him to stay with me for a few months every year, which is amazing.
We lucked out and met on a "minimum requirement" thread, too.
If you're already moving closer to him in the foreseeable future I would say it can definitely work for you. But wait first until you guys have met up in real life to see how that goes.
Personally, to make it work, we Skype a lot, to see and hear each other and then it's as close as you can get to spend time in real life.

Why is everyone is falling in love with all the other robots. How do I make this happen I'm crying myself to sleep every night

Attached: 4ac.jpg (640x602, 49K)

*falling in love with a chad-lite I met from here and it scares me. The very first filter that you must go through for a woman to be interested in you, is looks. You know he has good looking/tall and therefore were able to enjoy his niche personality.

only people "meeting up" here are normalturds from reddit and /soc/ that should go back there and stay there

He's not even tall though, he's only 5'7. I started to like him long before I knew what his appearance looked like.

Same for me, actually.
My bf is smaller than me, actually.

1) Meet up often enough that being apart isn't a stress but hanging out is always something good and special.
2) Keep a healthy emotional distance until you can actually be together.

>Keep a healthy emotional distance
What does this entail? Please elaborate. How distant is too distant?

Don't listen. It also depends on what you and the boy you like are like. But I think my robot bf only started to trust me and believe that I like him, because I was very open and communicated my feelings about him.

If it worked for me almost 2 decades ago, it can work for you. It just depends on how much you put into it. Also, keep yourself loyal. Just because they aren't around doesn't give you a pass to chat up anyone and everyone you find a little interesting. The physical part comes.

If you can't meet, then it wont work. LDRs can work if you were in a relationship with the person and either you or him moved for some period because of work/studies. In other cases the success rate is so low, that you will just hurt yourself.
Unless you're both completely okay with having no physical contact with each other (not sex, but just not having another human exist near you) then sure, go for it.

But if it's only two hours away then it's easy. Literally just meet once a week. 2 hours is nothing. Go on a bus, listen to an audio book and go there or have him do the same. Or take turns.

I am having a similar experience. I met a girl on here and its been hard. I think we both are worried that the other person is going to have their feelings fade and move on. Why did I want a gf so bad, this is kind of painful?

Attached: 1aeb20b386e5a022f1737ab3bfaad9ba.jpg (592x512, 21K)

I felt the same way until I met a girl. Be strong user, you will find someone if you keep looking.

Please dont break any robots like one of you have broken me. I'm still trying to talk to her 4 years later and she won't even respond

I'm not saying that you should become distant, just that you shouldn't make your life revolve around a relationship that's mostly virtual. Getting dependent on someone far away from you is a guaranteed recipe for bad shit happening.

I for one (not OP, but the other person dating a robot) can promise you that I will never do anything to hurt my boyfriend.
He is the most precious, wonderful person ever, and is perfect in ways that I didn't even knew anyone can be and I needed.
I have never in my life felt for anyone how I feel for him, and I'll be damned if I did anything to hurt him or risk losing him.
He is the absolute best thing that has ever happened to me.