When did anime get such a bad connotation

Growing up, anime was all about action, warriors and crazy shit. No one had a problem with it,.

Nowadays anime gets assoicated with waifus, Lolis and questionable pillows,.

I just don't get it. Why is this so.

Attached: l40ld3uwvugz.png (1319x907, 810K)

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/anime/season/1990/winter
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anime nowadays makes more money via merchandising or promotion for Otakus. I guess sales from anime alone simply aren't enough to cover costs.

I mean, don't model kits for mecha sell well?

Attached: unicorn_gundam_sd_gundam_model_kitsbb_360_1556006107_9ba448050_progressive.jpg (1080x1080, 162K)

>Nowadays anime gets assoicated with waifus, Lolis and questionable pillows,.
No one gives a shit about the guy who comes to the baseball stadium in plain clothes and a hat.
They want to see the asshole with the rainbow wig and a big S painted on his bare stomach on camera.

Millions of people watch anime every day and nobody cares.
The otaku/weeb subcultures are total trainwrecks people can't look away from.

still I have never really been able to talk about anime with people my entire life. They either shunned it outright, were those really cringy girls who only like shojo or really cute shit , really loud annoying weeaboos

If anything loli and edgy shit was worse in the 90s you fucking idiot. However, the laws were not against loli back in the 90s, only after the thosuands.

Fucktard. Keep up. People's ethics reflect law and sheep gonna sheep. Look up protect act of 03, USA. twenty years for drawings. Golden age had lots of loli humour back before that was made and during and after. No one cared until years after it was made as it slowly sank in.

>I mean, don't model kits for mecha sell well?
Why limit your company though? Gundam, the biggest mecha franchise, and Love Live!, which I think dethroned Idolm@ster as the biggest idol franchise, are both from Sunrise. Both are hugely profitable, I think LL even moreso than Gundam now.

Honestly this depends alot on where you are. Anime is getting more popular and you'll probably be able to have a normal conversation in the more liberal/large universities that I'm in.

this was back in 05-10
the only other people I could talk about anime without being weird were other artists. Everyone else was batshit.

>and you'll probably be able to have a normal conversation
desu I went to an anime convention once and people couldn't talk about anything except the latest entry level shit. Not even the old entry level shit, like the big three. Just Hero Academia, SNK and a handful of meme shows.

I went once, and honestly it just pissed me off.

there were no loli shit in 90s dude, go back and look.myanimelist.net/anime/season/1990/winter scroll through the 90s dude.There was some echi, but still.

I... which one of you tranny dilating pedo neckbearded faggots thought Steven Universe was STYLE PURIST?

That whole chart is complete aids. No one would consider Steven Universe an anime, it doesn't even slightly resemble one- and how is Bebop "style neutral"? It has a classic anime style just as accepted as what Astro Boy looks like. And no person would consider Super Sentai and much less Ninja Warrior to be anime.

There's only two anime on that whole chart, it must be a troll

I know that I used it as an eye catcher

There's only two categories which are anime
I made a better image but it's completely pointless because the definition of anime is so simple

Attached: Waste.jpg (2131x1491, 962K)

Anime is cringe. People started talking like anime, which is fictional dialogue aimed at children which is translated from another language made by people from a totally different culture. Mostly losers write anime as well.

You could talk about it with people who watch anime, which is probably not a lot. There are millions of tv shows and news articles and Facebook posts that people never talk about because people dont know anyone else who sees them

If you didn't got to high school in the early 2000's, you have no idea how bad it was seeing kids with naruto headbands and doing the retarded ninja-run was. Anime was always cringy, but now normalniggers are getting involved, so it's becoming even worse. Kind of like video games.

>tfw radical anarchist
Seinfeld is SoL moeshit

Attached: 1485156151368.jpg (528x960, 39K)

how so?
Tales of warrirors trying to better themselves or obstract concepts are cringe. Idk man.

Just because I would rather watch dai no daibouken, or Lupin iii then some shit sitcom doesn't make me less of a person.

>If you didn't got to high school in the early 2000's, you have no idea how bad it was seeing kids with naruto headbands and doing the retarded ninja-run was.

went to school high school from 2001-2005
no one wore them
no one wore them in college either and I went to an art college IDK man

it's not many truth be told, no one reads one piece or watches old stuff.

what is this fuckery? dON'T TROLL MAN