Cursed towns

How many of you come from towns with no hope?

This is Sparta, Missouri. Where the living envy the dead.

>Be me 15 years ago.
>Every day me and the only other people my age talk about how we have to escape.
>Car won't make it to the next city.
>Nothing to do but drink and fuck.
>I HATE drunks and I want a virgin like me.
>They ALL drink and fuck from 13 and are dumb and ugly.
>First friend gets 15 years for grand theft auto.
>Second friend suck starts a shotgun because he owes too much drug money.
>Third friend goes to jail for molesting a downie.
>Fourth friend marries fat cow he lost his virginity to.
>She's infertile from STD she caught cheating on him.
>They ALL still live there.
>Mom moves outside city limits into the woods so I have no friends at all anymore.

The only spot that grows here is the cemetery and everyone is dieing to get in.

Tell me about your cursed home?

Attached: Sparta41-600x285.jpg (600x285, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/27/happiness-place-called-charlottesville-virginia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

damn dude that sounds pretty shitty. i live in washington dc and cannot relate in any shape or form to your small town plights THO i kind of want to live in a sparsely populated red state centrally located after living in a coastal shitskin city

Ian Mackaye and Henry Rollins used to tell how bad DC schools sucked.

yea henry rollins is a real nigga for withstanding dc public schools as a whiteboi

>Fourth friend marries fat cow he lost his virginity to.

This is a MO thing in general I live outside STL and see it all the time. Some dumb hillbilly methead who gets married to his highschool sweetheart has some kids and he's stuck fucking a landwhale. I'd rather be alone forever than end up like that.

I'd respect it if it was a religious thing. It's a desperation thing.

No one here has even read a Bible. They have churches but they are just rednecks social clubs for fat assholes.

as a hobby i like to see these kind of places. Although sadder and more empty than this. I like near ghost towns. Towns that arent quite yet ghost towns, like a hair from becoming

>Towns that arent quite yet ghost towns, like a hair from becoming
My family has hundreds of acres of swampland (useless literal swampland, inherited from generations ago, a tax burden we can't get rid of) in a town in East Texas in a similar town. It's not hundreds of continuous acres either, it's mostly scattered single-acre plots that a farmer gave away when he couldn't pay his bills - I don't know what my great-great-grandfather was thinking when he accepted it.

Anyway, the town this land surrounds is the same sort of feel. An old railroad town that died when the railroads did, now it's acres and acres of sprawling trailerparks and boarded-up windows with squatting drug addicts inside. I understand muh welfare is a large part of it, but I still struggle to understand how towns like this survive.

I left my hometown for a city in the hopes that I could build a better life but its all gotten significantly worse since. The irony is things actually started improving for me once I actually set things in motion to move, but didn't back out.

Now I'm desperately trying to find a way to fix my shitty existence but have no idea how. And I'm 25 now and running out of time. Its like being capsized in the middle of the ocean with no land in sight, I have to swim if I don't want to drown but I have no idea which direction to head and for all I know I could be heading further out to sea.

Attached: 1544419736353.jpg (720x909, 54K)

>mfw i used to live there
The only thing that was redeeming in that shithole was that pawn shop guns there were decent for the prices. even with the pawn shop is still fucking shit.

Attached: 00d51aab933aa5fdaa8641c2b52373bfb660635fa9fe47f49b43ab9a05608a09.png (1000x628, 702K)

>I left my hometown for a city in the hopes that I could build a better life but its all gotten significantly worse
Unless you're working white-collar, cities are gay memes for fags and """polyromantic""" literal cucks. If you can stay in a small town, do it.

Every city has good and bad suburbs. Try to find the good one.

The whole point of moving to a bigger city was potential opportunity. I guess I was wrong on that part.

Honestly though I think cities are better for robots. You're just another face in the crowd and nobody cares, whereas in small towns everyone knows each other and is in each others shits. Thats find if you're a Chad, but its annoying if you're a robot.

Spent a few years of my childhood in what I think is or was ranked the 12th worst town in PA overall
Crime, education, average income, quality of life.
Nothing happens, everyone's grouchy because they're surrounded by poverty. Roads are pure shit.
Get out due to dumb luck, mother wants to live closer to her siblings in Oregon.

>Check back on old friends
>One is doing 7 years for selling heroin
>Two are dead. One car accident and one intentional OD
>One is Pastor of the Archdiocese (don't know what that even means)
>One dude I can't even find on google but his sister married the town scumbag, the guy used to break into cars at 15

I dodged a massive bullet, my life isn't awesome but I'd probably be one of the dead ones if I was still back there.

My hometown in KY is equally cursed as yours, OP. I really hate how everyone in those types of towns cry, bitch, and moan about how they want to "get the fuck out" so badly, but they all still live there lol. Bunch of retards. I left the second I graduated HS and have never looked back. I never managed to develop a taste for bigger cities, so I now move to different small cities and towns every two or three years.

No, cities are HORRIBLE for robots, at least big ones are. Robots need medium sized cities, anywhere from 10k to 50k population. You can still blend in and not deal with forming real connections with people if you don't want to, without the anxieties and negatives that come from bigger, filthy cities.

>You're just another face in the crowd and nobody cares, whereas in small towns everyone knows each other and is in each others shits
this

small towns are where dreams go to die

I don't know what anxieties you're talking about. I came from a city of 400k people and whenever I go back to visit my parents I still bump into people I recognize.

It was either Hobson montana or some small town near it
I would pass it most of the days I worked
it featured a bunch of run down buildings and old cars
It was said if you see anyone outside that it was bad luck
at the time most of my coworkers were unable to provide a backstory for the town
and in my curiosity I was unable to find one
I never learned why the only message the town would leave painted for those who pass by, is "meth is a dead end"

You have no idea what you're talking about, I live in a big city and my god it's amazing how apparent it is that nobody gives a fuck about you

>>They ALL drink and fuck from 13 and are dumb and ugly.
>>First friend gets 15 years for grand theft auto.
>>Second friend suck starts a shotgun because he owes too much drug money.
>>Third friend goes to jail for molesting a downie.
>>Fourth friend marries fat cow he lost his virginity to.
your frients are fag
and the third one deserves to die
reminds me of my old hellhole though
i have no idea how i got out because i was poor as shit
just sold the shitty trailer and left

sounds like west virginia

i wonder if you and op know each other
city is a jew even worse than meth small towns
just move really rural in the woods but within 20 miles of a city or decent town

>just move really rural in the woods but within 20 miles of a city or decent town
That's the ideal but its all houses out there and its what anyone with a decent living does and I can't afford a mortgage.

Anxiety disorders are about 20% higher for people that live in cities, they also score way less on happiness surveys. Small and medium sized towns are far superior to those cesspools.
I call bullshit on that. There is no way in hell you recognize anyone out of 400,000 people. You can't even fathom that number. The small area of your NEIGHBORHOOD/AREA of that city you resided in is MUCH LESS than 400k, and therefore you can recognize people in that respect. Leave that small circle, and you won't see anyone you know.

Leesville, Louisiana
>it's connected to a huge military base
>that should tell you a lot already
>in a town of less than 10,000 people, there's no less than 4 bars and a strip club
>despite being in Louisiana, it's so close to Texas that everyone is more yeehaw than whodat, there's even a fucking rodeo
>actually lived 20 minutes away from it in the middle of a fucking national forest, but mailing address still considered it Leesville
>had to drive 10 minutes over a dirt road to even reach the paved road
>then have to drive through a notorious speed trap right before you get into town
>the little "community" near where I actually live are a bunch of backwards-ass Baptists who gather at a church that tells them people are going to hell for having piercings, colored hair, etc.
>if you're not a country hick, your only real chance of escaping is joining the military
>and that's if you haven't been eaten alive by drug addictions
>so many fucking people addicted to meth here

grew up in a shithole, pic related
moved away at 18 to what has been rated the best town to live in on more than one occasion
theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/27/happiness-place-called-charlottesville-virginia
had to move back, due to reasons a couple years ago
going back next month fuck this shit

Attached: Pictures 1086.jpg (1280x960, 301K)

Last time I went when my mom picked me up I saw 2 people I knew on the drive from the terminal to the house and a couple days later I went to the downtown area to pick my sister up from a bar and ran into a guy I used to work with.

If you want to actually do anything, i.e. not be a hikikomori you're going to bump into the same people. Even if you're a loner. Go to the movies? See people you know. Go to a restaurant? See people you know. Go to the grocery store, see people you know. It happens. Its even worse if you want to go drinking or something.

It happens, and it directly correlates to how small the town is. A city of 10k-50k like user suggested you're going to be running into people all the time.

go to college at MSU or something. Springfield is a large enough city.

Does anyone know where probation nigger lives?

>a church that tells them people are going to hell for having piercings, colored hair, etc.
based

where is that? wv?

Imagine living in an overpopulated city with none of the perks of living in a big city.

Attached: TucsonAZ-DowntownAerial.jpg (1000x667, 241K)

isabella, tn aka traptown

i came from a town in north carolina that didnt have a walmart. now i work in nyc. ama

doesn't seem to bad

Why is it some of the most uptightly religious places have the worst issues with hard drugs? I'm not murrikan, so when anons talk about bumfuck cities in America it's a common theme. Meth and church. Don't get it. You'd think if the community is so religious they'd settle for weed and alcohol

They're actually two whole separate groups.
If you aren't into hard drugs, you're very religious. If you beat your drug habit, 9 times out of 10 you find religion.

Its all there is. Its the same here in Canada, its not really a religious thing though, more a bumfuck small town thing. You live somewhere bleak and depressing with nothing to do, a lot of people turn to drugs, and they turn to whats there.

Also big cities are still worse for hard drugs, just different ones.