Does anyone else feel the average 100 IQ person is pretty dumb...

does anyone else feel the average 100 IQ person is pretty dumb? supposedly people at college are at least somewhat smarter than the average populace but even most people in school seems pretty dumb. i feel like critical thinking doesn't really develop in any meaningful capacity in people until around 120 IQ

Attached: 1515973598576.jpg (800x1200, 213K)

>supposedly people at college are at least somewhat smarter than the average populace

who told you that?

The average IQ at college is dependant upon who wants to go into massive debt to the jews.

Abstract thinking isn't necessary connected to IQ. People can for example have average IQ but high abstract thinking.

I wonder if it has pusy smell.

I'm pretty dumb, sucks desu.

Smells like fresh rubber. Have fun

>Muh IQ
No such thing, sweetie.

IQ testing is just ability to do math puzzles. So Mathematics or physics majors naturally have higher IQ's than the general populace. Abstract thinking is present in most majors (even math can be abstract i.e. pure math). It is also a double edged sword. It led to superior technology to the past, but it also led to rationalizing degeneracy.

Attached: 50052CB8-9635-4860-B77A-48F4D9FC43E0.jpg (858x536, 143K)

It is my conviction that the absolute majority of people are so fucking stupid that there is no way to fix it. The vast majority of people should be gassed.

This is now a robowaifu thread

Attached: IMG_2543.jpg (2227x1222, 184K)

technically speaking 100iq people are smart given the global average.

but below 120iq people are basically subhuman cattle yes

Attached: iq_by_country.png (1357x800, 25K)

There are somethings IQ can't test that makes people smart like creativity.

A lot of musicians, filmmakers and artists might not do well on IQ tests but a lot of them are extremely intelligent in creativity.

Damn. I really want one of those.

Attached: 1528768794720.gif (480x360, 3.82M)

College isn't really even a semi-elite type thing nowadays. Pretty much anyone can get into some sort of college.

You can barely get a job as a toilet scrubber without doing a 3-year program.

Attached: 1528356314684m.jpg (1024x600, 51K)

The average IQ for college students is above 100. Humanities is 110ish and hard science and engineering is around 130.

110 is the IQ of a typical leftist. Slightly above average so you can feel smart while still not really being that intelligent. Also, they are smart enough to fool themselves into retarded leftist ideology that both the below average goy and well above average can see right through.

I am a dumb EE student (125 IQ range) and I find it painful to be around IQ 100 people while at the same time know I am not even close to some of the students in my classes.

IQ isn't everything. Whether or not someone is actually using their brain is an issue completely aside from their IQ. The problem is their mentality.

yes, i feel like most people are smart enough to do what they're told but aren't smart enough to ask questions or really just think beyond the surface. this became very apparent to me when i was taking several courses with these discussion classes that you had to attend after a lecture. most of the students there couldn't string together coherent thoughts when asked a question by the TA and their answers were very shallow. they generally argued over semantics rather than the actual discussion topics.

>supposedly people at college are at least somewhat smarter than the average populace
You're 50+ years late, leaf. It has literally become easier to get into college than to join the military. Add affirmative action into the mix and college is pretty much for dumb people only now; not even STEM fields are safe anymore.

Attached: 764885748_DdgCPZHWkAAbIBq_1526914736941_11740598_ver1.0_640_360.jpg (640x360, 15K)

Attached: 626FFD48-7D20-4F4A-8F22-17AE00F611BE.jpg (300x168, 23K)

I've read that musical ability doesn't really show up at all on an IQ tests.

A deaf Mozart writing complex music down on paper before it's played type thing is probably an exception.

d-does the doll brap?

Attached: 1527023798681.jpg (1000x748, 164K)

IQ is correlated with creativity. Musicians and artists that have talent are usually high IQ with excessive amounts of group agreeableness.

Unless you are talking about rap artist but even still I bet most are above average for blacks. Anything under IQ 100 is basically an animal

>The average IQ for college students is above 100.

who told you that?

Where can I find a reliable way to check my IQ?

based pupper sniff poster

I wouldn't say leftists are stupid -- like they have low IQ stupid. There are a lot of factors at play when it comes to political leanings.

But I think I get what you mean.

>critical thinking doesn't really develop in any meaningful capacity in people until around 120 IQ
I believe it's more so tied to age than IQ. Then again I know some really stupid 30+ year olds.

>who told you that?

Charles Murray talks about this extensively, with data, in his book "Coming Apart". He calls it the college sorting machine.

It's the same guy that wrote "the Bell Curve".

Ive read the exact opposite... That musical ability is not measurable with IQ Tests.

Attached: B1C8DA33-5B73-4A5F-B506-5212AFA8FC14.jpg (880x624, 86K)

>does anyone else feel the average 100 IQ person is pretty dumb?
Yea, because they are. If your IQ isn't at least 140 you're probably a nigger mutt.

Pro Tip: Everyone is dumb.
You're dumb, I'm dumb, your friends are dumb, your family is dumb, your enemies are dumb.
Every nigger in the jungle thinks he's got things figured out just like every nigger thinks he could be a UFC champ or a doctor if he just applied himself.

I would like to see evidence of the IQ of composers. Music theory isn’t easy. I would bet that if did an IQ test of working composers that their IQ is in the 130s. I would think that classical musicians would be in the 130s, jazz 120+, rock/metal +110, with even rappers in the 100 range.

People with less than 100 usually do not have the agency to get highly skilled at anything.

He was dealing with elite or at least selective schools.

After the elite and mediocre ...there are many that have essentially an open policy to pretty much anyone.

FUCK, they look more real every time...

I'm the opposite. I know I'm dumb and realize this more and more the more I learn.

You're talking out your ass. Art is incredibly subjective and personal, the best musicians are almost always dogmatic about the way they want things performed.

You are all dumb to me

t. 153 IQ know it all who hates everyone even though I can't get my own shit together

My iq is 100-110 and I feel like a God damn retard.

I have common sense and a wild imagination but it's not useful.

that's bullcrap, because modern IQ tests are designed around abstract thinking

your just a brainlet who feels superior op your dumber then the people your calling dumb your just too much of a socially awkward incel to say the dumb things you think

>self-described "moderate"
>in reality I defaulted to my society's left-leaning opinions on topics I didn't know about or didn't care to know about while I was pretty right-wing on things I did care about like gun control and immigration
>got to one of the most liberal colleges in the country (UCSC)
>come out as a right-wing nationalist that would probably be part of a RWDS should there be a civil war
pic related summarized my evolution

Attached: 1506372172518.png (500x522, 70K)

IQ is more about the ability to think quickly than it is a more scholarly intelligence.

A higher IQ makes it easier to learn to some extent- just as a low IQ hinders learning- but you could have a very high IQ and still be a fucking dumbass, just like you could have a much more average IQ and be well-informed.

That's why we're testing, to find out.

You haven't realised yet then that intelligence is a tool which is useless without the accumulation of knowledge and application of creation. Those things are more rooted in the character trait of discipline than in intelligence. Hard working people so called "dumb" people are far more useful than intelligent people and achieve more more often.

You don't have to be a genius to see what damage immigration has done.

I respect a 100 iq person who sees this way more than a 140 iq person that doesn't, or likes mass immigration because they are evil.

That's the only way to get less dumb.
Like the old chinese proverb says, you have to empty your cup to taste the wise man's tea.

I was classified as gifted and talented when I was younger and spent my childhood in magnet schools. I often wondered what my life would have been like if I were normal. This is probably a sign that my IQ actually is normal and that I was mislabeled as gifted, then wrongfully subjected to developmental isolation as a child.

Anecdotal, but Mozart was apparently really high IQ.
And Lady Gaga for example, is at least 135IQ, because some education program she's gone through required that. Some claim it's closer to 160

Musicians who create, not cover or given hand downs, are usually pretty smart, I would guess

This one has been posted for months now

Composing may be a different thing than playing. It involves writing things down and organizing abstract thoughts.

A composer may not be a great musician himself or in some cases a musician at all. He can hire some players with the chops to bring his ideas to life.

If your iq was 153, you'd understand that you're not a know it all. You're actually a know nothing at all. You probably score high on some parts of the tests but are lacking in others or you haven't acquired general knowledge in the relevant fields of study to understand what i mean

I feel like the world is a game where there are veeeery few outstanding real people like me who actually think and question things everyday,even simple stuff.
Like 90% of the mass is just blindly starring into their smartphones and doing their daily routines without questioning like drones.
I try to imagine being that person but I just can't,how can people live such lifes?
Also I have an IQ of 161 but I'm just not motivated and a sloth. Pitiful really.

Attached: hmm I'm german so its ok.png (906x232, 36K)

people in college ARE the general populace

I had no idea Lady Gaga was GT. Interesting.

Art is subjective but to even get into college requires some agency. College is a self selective process. Charles Murray writes extensively about it.

For certain things there is a minimum cost of entrance with regard to IQ. You simply cannot do high level physics with an IQ below 130.

To even learn the leftist reasoning and talking point and to be able to regurgitate them back and write decently well takes 110 IQ.

there are people who think critically with average or even below average iqs. however their inquiries usually result in stoner rhetoric à la joe rogan, conspiracy theories, religion, or esotericism. i feel, like you, it is only from an iq of ~120 onward that i can truly recognize others as "real people" with real - free - agency.

I only went into college because I got a full scholarship

I'm not trying to say musicians are stupid ...just that the IQ test is not a good tool for measuring if somebody is a great musician.

120 IQ peoe are fucking stupid too. They believe anything in the media as long as it comes from multiple sources. Could even be the same story with the same anonymous sources.

Ask them if Russians hacked the DNC, they'll say definitely. Then send them the magnet link to the NGP VAN dumps, a copy of 7zip and a calculator and now it's just too hard to validate the claims via forensic analysis. Even if you give them a step by step procedure. Because believing the lie is easy and calculating MB/S is work.

Jazz is much harder than classical music.

Critical thinking isn't natural for the vast majority of people, even those with naturally high mental potential, it has to be taught and learned by experience. As to 100IQ people they're literally average, they can excel at most things in life with effort and time, but it's very unlikely they'll ever be super wealthy (unless said wealth is inherited), they likely won't be innovators, community or world leaders, great musicians, philosophers, inventors, theologists or scientists.

It means pretty much nothing for the average individual on a day to day basis. Mines like 128 or some shit like that. I make 32k a year. I strive really hard and excel past my peers at work but I'm young and I jump around from job to job. I know people who didn't graduate highschool who are millionaires and can understand what you mean when you quote some obscure philosophical quote. I get that IQ is a decent measure for where people stand on the intel spectrum but it doesn't mean much of anything in real life.

You are simply wrong. For some things not having a high enough IQ means you cannot do it at all no matter how much effort you put in.

You cannot teach someone with an iq of 85 semiconductor physics. No matter how hard they work.

I am a 125 engineering student and I know a pure math or physics PhD is not attainable for me.

Well, not all high IQ people would make good musicians, but all good musicians probably have pretty high IQ. If you think about it music is mathematics.

I feel like the IQ test in general is dumb. I scored 148 in Junior High when I was a god damn stoner retard with no knowledge of anything meaningful or true. I had no understanding of the world or politics, no grasp of true history, and no idea of who I was or where I came from. IQ tests and school are good ways to find out who can be properly programmed. Who will make good and efficient slaves for the Jews. It was only once I got out of college that I started deprogramming myself, and it took a long time.

average 100 IQ bastard is actually like 86 IQ, but the jews make it look better than it is

>100
just odds
IQ over all areas doesnt express it self equaly with every person

on top of that people are usually basing their impression of a persons intelligence on being literally "impressed"
mere superficial knowledge of a subject can be impressing
mere superficial knowledge of edgy vocabular can be impressing
trained speech rythm can be impressing

a 90 retard can sound "smart" to a 105 IQ average dude in a short or series of short conversations
a 130 can sound "impaired" to a 105 if hes acting like an autist

this

130-140 IQ is where it's at, 120's are microbrainlets.

To even be a jazz or classical performer you have to take high level theory and composition classes. If you are talking about mashing power chords than yes you do not need to be especially smart but anything above that you absolutely need above 100 iq

My Cousin was rated as a top 10 drummer in the United States about a decade ago. Kids a fucking retard. He eats up MSNBC and works in hotels. What do you mean?

Agreed. You have to have a much higher knowledge of theory but there are a lot more niggers than Asians in jazz programs

Do you believe a monkey could do the high level physics if he had an infinite amount of time i.e all IQ does is improves the speed and method of acquiring knowledge? I have a belief that I could learn high level physics, but i know it would take me years of intense study to do that, and i really don't care about physics that much (or at least as much as I care for philosophy music art and so on), so temperament is a factor, which IQ doesn't explain. College is a different story, you're right. It's a time limit.

not necessarily. there's the lower end of society that you will never encounter in college. i mean real poor and dumb people. i was working a part time entry level job a few years back and it was the most mind-numbingly simple job ever. there were quite a few old lifers that have been there for like 15 years making probably only a dollar or two above the minimum wage. they were alright people but you could tell they weren't very hardworking or smart, and i mean well below average intelligence. you won't ever encounter these sort of people in college.

Cool anecdote

I think my dad is a fairly High IQ guy. No measurement, but he is an accountant that is very good with numbers and math (complete opposite of me)

He believes EVERYTHING that is shown on the mainsteam media. You sound like a crazy person if you try to have him question. He just believes they are professionals who know what they are doing and I'm merely a malcontent.

Imagine THAT!

I know the man isn't stupid. But he trusts them because thats how it is. They are Journalists they are trained and honest. His mind can't get past this.

Anyway..frustrating but what can you do...

>137
can confirm, living in a world full of largely idiots is painful. They will be our undoing.

I have an IQ of 135 (tested professionally) and life is honestly painful for me. Having to explain things that should be obvious to everyone all day long gets so tiring. Even most college students, and even the professors, are just dumb.

I'm one of the so called niggers youre speaking about. The thing with Jazz is it requires intense and I mean intense focus, creativity, emotional feel and kinetic energy to get right. When I say kinetic energy i mean it requires testosterone, a force, an aggression. Classical music is docile, peaceful and generally speaking, a product of repetition. Classical COMPOSITION is in my opinion the most difficult job in music, that's why you very rarely see any new composers making the rounds. But a general jazz player runs circles around a classical player the minute the sheet music is not present. And i'm not exaggerating.

i have a tested IQ of 90. AMA

So is your bologna about musicians needing to be geniuses. My cousin was auditioning for world class orchestras in highschool. You don't need to have a high IQ for that shit. He went Berkley school of music. He's a fucking dunce.

accountants aren't exactly mathematicians. they rarely work with anything past multiplication/division.

Is your life ok? I imagine it's just fine.

yeah it is. I am a refugee. Grew up to learn 3 languages fluently but i failed at getting my highschool degree. Instead I learnd programming by myself and got some gigs. But thats it. I am pretty retarded. Am currently on government welfare

Your undoing personally, perhaps.

But I don't think a society is designed for everyone to be a genius. There are different levels of task that are all important. A healthy society finds productive use for all of its people at all levels.

Automation will complicate this but that's a whole other thread

IQ over 160 and completely agree. Will take it a step further and say that it is amazing how many people make a career on being "smart" by dressing well and speaking in a calm collected manner. Yet try to add any depth and they will attack you for making them feel like an idiot. I've simply stopped giving a fuck about peoples' feelings.

my dude, IQ tests are as abstract as it gets.

I was a pure math student and after taking abstract algebra and real analysis I found my physical limit.

I worked as hard as I could. No games, no girls, no shit posting the whole semester and I barely passed. I was not smart enough. Some of the other students could just “see” proofs that I was unable to.

So I transferred to engineering and am doing much better.

A lot of people think they could learn advanced math and physics but have no concept of what that actually means. It isn’t just hard work just like running a 4.4 40.

Due to the Flynn effect your IQ of 135 would increase with respect to the reported IQs of people of older generations. What was a genius once today is not, however, this is relative to the mean and has no comment on the actual ability of the mind. So yes, your older professors may actually be idiots.

My tested IQ is 125 and I always do 95th percentile or better in standardized tests.

I feel dumb as a fucking brick most days and I don't think I've gotten any smarter since I was 15.

Attached: 1496901430353.jpg (960x720, 147K)

IQ tests are only relevant when you're young because it's a measure of relative mental age. An 8 year old 3rd grader who can read and do mathematics at the level of a 12 year old 6th grader typically has an Intelligence Quotient (IQ) of 150 or 150% of his mental age. These numbers are irrelevant once you reach adulthood. At that point, only actual achievement counts. There's no such thing as "smart but lazy". There is, however, such a thing as a false positive or incorrect self-assessment, to which stupid people are particularly prone (Dunning-Kruger Effect).

exactly this. I have a tested IQ of 90 and I can feel often this "barrier", where I just cant get around some abstract idea or where I just cant solve the problem. Its truly a curse to be retarded.

>i have a tested IQ of 90. AMA
Some of the smartest people I know are retarded. Seriously though, work hard and listen to other people- you will do fine.

Attached: file.png (375x204, 125K)

I'm not claiming that he is a genius, but he is without a doubt starter than I am. (not that this is a HUGE challenge)

He is intelligent enough that he SHOULD know better. And the point is he isn't alone. There a millions out there like this.

Music is subjective so what one person may find "genius" another person will find fucking retarded. Emotions are powerful, especially to people who are more driven by emotion over logic like you shitskins. No offense really, I think you all would be much happier in Africa doing your own thing even if that meant dying of diseases and famine at a higher rate.