OFFTOPIC: so, anyone want my changes and improvements for Jow Forums?

did anyone thought of this?

would Jow Forums be better if...

if you could have...

>100.000 or even 1.000.000 character/letter limit. because 2000 or so currently is not enough. because every user wishes they could have longer posts.
>posting more images in 1 post. why post just one pic in 1 post when you want more? like posting 10, 20, or 30 images in ONE(!) if you want? why have 30 posts, with one pic each, when you can have 30 pics in one post?
>posting bigger pics, like 9000×9000 size or bigger, because the current image limit is not large enough IMO. Jow Forums would be a better imageboard if you could post bigger images. anyone agree?
>posting other types of files like .pdf, .wmv, .mp3, or any other kind of file. because pics, gifs, and webms are not enough IMO. and so you could post .pdf, .wmv, .mp3, or other kind of files so you could save them on Jow Forums and find them again on 4plebs. (Jow Forums archive)
>more archived posts/threads on 4plebs. some boards, like /b/, are not archived on /plebs/ AFAIK. can we have more archives plz?
>posting videos. you can already post webms, but why not other kinds of videos, like, with sound, and lasting longer than 30 seconds like most webms do?

so, anyone want my changes and improvements for Jow Forums?

strawpoll.me/15889606

Attached: 70cd5b47.jpg (748x1042, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JjPIOuFtWAI
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/90269766/#90287401
youtu.be/9VwgzpzVVqs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the toaster servers will an hero.

this

Do you want Jow Forums to go bankrupt?
because that's gonna happen if that's implemented.

somehow, i think we can avoid it....

the chan is big enough to last tho.

Attached: large.jpg (500x751, 92K)

exactly why it would go bankrupt?

>1.000.000 character/letter limit.
kek,can you imagine if people started spamming text this long

when i thought of 1.000.000, i wanted it because sometimes you need longer replies, when you argue with another user for example.

imagine the whirr posts of the next level

Attached: a9f.gif (680x352, 349K)

not to mention that by...

>posting more images in 1 post. why post just one pic in 1 post when you want more? like posting 10, 20, or 30 images in ONE(!) if you want? why have 30 posts, with one pic each, when you can have 30 pics in one post?

if this already happened, then (You) could have posted more gifs in your post.

Attached: c16b57d3c65b13f8f20ae9d7d7b83605.jpg (500x344, 17K)

Buy his pass.

Attached: 1403419779647.gif (200x200, 192K)

The only rational improvement is to ban the use of cellular data

why and how? not everyone can afford a pass. not like you need one all the time...

>implying cellular data is not one of the reasons why so many anons are here.

Attached: giphy.gif (500x281, 437K)

I don't care I want the phoneposters

banning phone posters?
that will never happen because it will reduce the traffic to the website,therefore reducing ad revenue

It's literally 20 USD for 1 year.

The site is barely even running because of sheer amount of people who came post 2016 election

>implying that most of the anons are not phoneposters themselves

and by banning phoneposters, it would REALLY bring Jow Forums to bankruptcy than my ideas.

but why would you need a pass for my ideas to happen?

Attached: uvfgdfcz9hut7pk.jpg (436x616, 18K)

How else is Hiroshima Nagasaki going to pay for the bandwidth you are asking for? Bandwidth doesn't just fall out of the sky, and now that Net Neutrality has been laid to rest it may cost even more to push that much information down through Jow Forums's service provider.

and why is having more anons a bad thing? imageboards like Jow Forums will always have more anons as time goes by (pun intended).

more anons bring more traffic, more traffic means more money, more money means Jow Forums is rich, and can expand.

well shit. i guess its nothing wrong to p a hefty sum for more bandwith, and especially to keep the chan alive.

well shit. i guess its nothing wrong to pay a hefty sum for more bandwith, and especially to keep the chan alive.

god damn you're dumb, Jow Forums doesn't make money at all, it costs more just to keep the site up. that's one of the reasons why moot left and why hiro added malicious ads

damn my slippery fingers. fucking typo....

Attached: anime_girl_smoking_2_by_crystallstar26-d7a4hqj.jpg (1024x768, 144K)

>Jow Forums doesn't make money at all
This. Jow Forums is a .ORG domain which is NOT-FOR-PROFIT.

Jow Forums survives off of donations. Thanks Marmandy Jones. da reel em vee pee.

maybe some anons would like to donate? i would donate. do you think Hiroshima will ever leave and someone else will take charge?

Infinite chan already has most of this stuff

>do you think Hiroshima will ever leave and someone else will take charge?
God I hope so.

#Won'tForgetMoot

so? it doesnt mean anyone will leave for infinite chan. are you saying i want to rip off infinite chan?

Attached: tAG_139781.jpg (596x900, 141K)

i wonder how will Moot come back then. would Moot agree with my ideas?

>giving up a job with google to come back to Jow Forums
I said I won't forget him, not that I want him back.

yeah but still, who would be the new Chan boss after Hiro leaves?

can i have this as the thread theme?
youtu.be/JjPIOuFtWAI

This is a joke post right
All of this suggestions are shit, nuclear holocaust for Romania when

Attached: 1524181758488.png (1180x842, 246K)

Only a real big dummy who thinks he can make money off Jow Forums.

so far, 3 votes for yes, 0 for no. if yes gets 100 votes, then the my ideas for changes will happen. if no gets 100, then it wont happen.

Attached: 3 yes 0 no.jpg (540x1076, 50K)

You could get 1,000 votes Yes and it won't happen.

nope, all i want is to post my ideas on making Jow Forums better.

>look at my flag
>get butthurt

what the fuck does being in Romania have to do with this? if you dont like my ideas, the vote no. i already made a poll, DUH! i bet if a Brazillian would have made this thread, you would have loved it. why the fuck are flags on Jow Forums anyway?

Attached: jormungand-06-amada_minami-doctor_miami-glasses-crying-cigarette-smoking.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

>why the fuck are flags on Jow Forums anyway?
Reminder: Jow Forums is Jow Forums's trashcan and also an Jow Forums+/b/ board.

I'm in a proxy you cuckoo

the money would be used to maintain Jow Forums.

even if so, then it would mean 1000 people agreed with me. a phyrric victory you could say.

i think flags have ruined Jow Forums

i think the user in pic related was right.

source:
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/90269766/#90287401

still no reason to get assblasted just by looking at my flag. if you dont like it, then vote no. flags ruined Jow Forums and Jow Forums.

Attached: were flags a mistake or not.jpg (540x427, 74K)

Most of the anons who post well are not phoneposting

so? you say phoneposters are shit and pc posters are good? why the hate, bias, towards phoneposters? some people just want to phonepost.

Attached: raw.gif (480x362, 522K)

when this thread gets 100+ replies, even 300, and either yes or no are majority of votes, then it either happens or not.

Attached: 3 yes 1 no.jpg (540x1067, 49K)

no one yet...?

Attached: giphy-1.gif (500x281, 591K)

say what you want niggers and faggots, but my ideas would improve Jow Forums and bring more anons and more traffic. yet somehow, everyone thinks i would ruin everything...

>tfw few anons replied yet.

Attached: smoking_girl_by_makanindomie-d30tu6d.jpg (600x821, 76K)

Attached: giphy.gif (480x360, 999K)

multiple image at 5mb 5kx5k resolution and postlimit at 10k
rest is pointless

>rest is pointless

how so?

mp3/wmv jumpscares, you can just link pdfs
archiving /b/ is most retarded thing ever, you can archive threads you want to archive by yourself anyway
youtube exists

You're not the kot guy
HERETIC

Attached: 1518127400714.jpg (1280x720, 393K)

>pdfs

and what if you want to link a pdf, but what if the link is dead and the pdf is gone? by uploading a pdf on a Jow Forums post, without link, just the pdf itself, like how you can upload and post pics. that way the pdf stays on Jow Forums and you can always find it on 4plebs afterwards.

>mp3/wmv

maybe, but still, not all videos go to youtube...

so?

Attached: 3 yes 2 no.jpg (540x1071, 49K)

> not all videos go to youtube...
liveleak
vimeo
dailymotion
Videos should stay at videohosting sites.

alright. but what do you think of...

>100.000 or even 1.000.000 character/letter limit. because 2000 or so currently is not enough. because every user wishes they could have longer posts.

>so, anyone want my changes and improvements for Jow Forums?
pretty futile

internet users are more concentrated to only a few websites, the same person will post on reddit, tumblr and Jow Forums all at the same time and in the same fashion leading to a homogenization of the internet that makes it boring and bland as fuck. the reason people visit a less diverse number of websites is content aggregation, you will see the same pictures no matter where you go

also social media has popularized the internet for everyone even including literal retarded school children and grandmothers so the quality of any discussion board has been in decline and will never recovered. it reached its absolute worst when people realize the internet can be a great propaganda tool, it started in the obama period and ended in the last american election. cats out of the bag now, even local media will comment on tweets people make, which is fucking ridiculous

another thing that made the internet shittier was when people realized the financial potential of advertising, leading to low effort clickbait being absolutely everywhere just to trick dumbfucks into raising ad views and clicks

tl;dr internet's fucked and will only get more fucked its time to start reading books again.

Attached: september-eternal.png (500x364, 12K)

give me 3-4 mb upload on this board
2mb wtf I don't remember having to deal with shit like that even ten years ago

10k is enough.
You can do multiple posts if you really need it.

so is this the end of the Internetz?

what do you think of the other ideas i have?

even in some cases, multiple posts would not be enough. sometimes anons want one big post, but they cant because of limits... especially when you want detailed replies.

dunno, I've dealt with enough romanians in my day to know that listening to them rant isn't worth the trouble

2nd and 3rd idea are the only good ones

>look at my flag
>get butthurt

this already happened here was adding flags on Jow Forums and Jow Forums necessary? nowadays you cant reply one to another without getting mad because of eachothers flags. baka... i still think uploading more images in one post rather than uploading one image in one post would be great tho.

fuck flags...

yes i just remembered more shit

'meme's never expire now. the sheer number of users in general means there's always some fucktard who hasn't seen the joke yet so you end up with never ending cancers like pepe

also why is ironic humour the only fucking kind of humour now? that gamergang shit is total shit, and its funny because its shit? do people eat shit now or can they not think of anything clever anymore so they go for irony?

such a fucking mistake everything that has happened is a mistake

literally just describing different chans out there

butthurt about what? Romanians bitch more than women. You're not servicing my dick. I'm not listening to it.

what about the rest? did you vote in the poll? i made the poll to see how many anons want my ideas.

i guess nothing is original anymore and everyone just likes overused things.

Attached: 200w_s.gif (200x151, 15K)

yeah, some Romanians really bitch alot. but so what? nationality doesnt define your butthurt. i think some Romanians on Jow Forums, especially Jow Forums, gotta be falseflaggers, sent to ruin Romania's image. sadly, it made many people get mad at us. do you think flags were a mistake?

so what? all the chans copied Jow Forums.

like eight chan has multiple image posting and higher rez with more words there probably is some place with what you want but it is dead

to make what i'm even trying to say more relatable

do you know the guy who invented the television regretted it? he had an idea that it'd be an unparalleled educational and overall positive thing. not the dogshit it turned out to be after the people designing the programs realized that people have no standards at all

same with the internet, something could have been distinct and removed from horrendous pop culture is now at the forefront of it and has been utterly raped of any personality it had

even if eight chan has multiple image posting and higher rez, does it have other things i said about? if not, then we could beat eight chan at its own game (more pics) and being a bit original. (uploading pdfs and other files, like we do with pics already)

the internet could have been free from pop culture influence, instead, it became one with it. television just paved the way for this state. TV and net could have been as educational as books, but it horribly backfired...

we still have 3 votes for yes and 2 for no. no one else voted?

and now its a tie!

Attached: yes 3 no 3.jpg (540x1064, 49K)

One little thing I want is when I'm browsing /wsg/ I wish it wouldn't pause the WEBM when I scroll down or at least have an option to keep playing.

Please Devs.

hiro datamines and sells info to the highest bidder. there is no justifiable reason why he doesn’t use those funds for Jow Forums

and what about the other ideas i have?

Attached: 4 yes 3 no.jpg (540x1081, 50K)

and now its 4 yes vs 3 no

>38 posts by this ID

so alone in a such important thread.

Attached: IMG_1883.png (750x841, 700K)

TLDR

Attached: w574745636.gif (200x200, 1.14M)

somehow, when i say i am alone, i am not really....

TL;DR i suggested my ideas on making Jow Forums better than it already is. have you bothered voting in my poll?

somehow, when i say i am alone, i am not really....

TL;DR i suggested my ideas on making Jow Forums better than it already is. have you bothered voting in my poll?

reminder that by voting yes, my proposed changes will happen and Jow Forums will be greatly improved.

Attached: 7 yes 3 no.jpg (540x1055, 50K)

so far with 7 no and 3 yes, it seems someone is buttmad at me and hates my ideas.

I never voted strawpoll or lurked the thread after the first post. Soz m8 lets be realistic. It ain't hapenin.

>ain't happenin

you only say because you think the mods will not see this thread and think "this user gets it". it is worth trying, and i still hope my ideas will happen. it would certainly make anons happier.

tell me about your sex life instead.

o hai Mark.

i put this thread on Jow Forums hoping so many anons would swarm this thread and vote, and also give their ideas too. i will try on /qa/ as well.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 9K)

>666

Attached: 16b.gif (600x679, 227K)

Attached: 10 no 5 yes.jpg (540x1064, 50K)

>10 votes for NO, 5 votes for YES
>tfw even though your ideas would greatly improve Jow Forums, no one likes them.

i guess it was all for nothing then...

pic and clip related, just imagine Hitler being me and Speer being various anons talking about my ideas.

youtu.be/9VwgzpzVVqs

at least i tried.....

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 46K)

now, i wonder if i can take my ideas on /qa/. maybe a mod there will listen to me. thanks alot, p1wtA5Vs, i will go there to ask.

>wfD9WlPK

i just suddenly realized my ID changed. WTF???

even if the majority voted yes, the mods and Hiro won't change a thing.

i will still think of asking in /qa/ tho.