Jow Forumsese language thread #1 (Bantese, Bantish, Banter, etc)

tokipona.net/tp/classicwordlist.aspx

Toki Pona is an extremely small artlang - it has less than 150 words and simple structure. It's a bit ambiguous, but that's where we come in.

If we spend a few threads learning this language (which shouldn't take more than a week or so if we put our minds to it,) then we can begin using our own vocabulary and legitimately communicating in a dialect of it! You might even call it our own language...!

So, let's get started! I haven't attempted to learn this before either, so we'll do this together.

Mi meli chino wawa suwi

Attached: Toki_pona.png (384x512, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

inamidst.com/services/tokipana
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

this sounds like a chore

Attached: 15622025_387441664931130_784428407489891385_n.png (677x960, 404K)

fishe

I like the idea but I'm a brainlet so someone will have to make a digestible way to learn sentence structure

It's really easy, just look through the list. It's literally 118 "gists" of words.

fishe

I'll see if I can cook something up, but you basically speak like a caveman. Like my example sentece at the bottom, "My wife chino is so cute", when translated 1:1 with what I said is "My wife Chino very cute"

Mi lawa pilin ken suwi kama sona

One good thing about Toki Pona is that there are very few nouns so we can just interject words in english (or otherwise) and it still be reasonable. Same with verbs, if need be. We don't HAVE to limit ourselves to the rather esoteric limitations of toki pona.

Why not we learn Esperanto instead? It has more words, there are more people who speak it in the world, it is a very regular language, there are more courses and websites where you can study it and you can learn the basics in a week.

Attached: 17c2d1bb6675cbb5a436a18d78b7dab1.jpg (2524x5906, 669K)

>Mi meli chino wawa suwi
>Mi lawa pilin ken suwi kama sona
Could you translate these into English?

>it has more words
that's the main problem. Too complicated to learn on a whim.
>there are many people who speak it
Muh sekrit club (this is supposed to be Bantese, anyway, so not something super common outside of Jow Forums!)
>courses and websites
fair enough but the sheer size of toki pona means it isn't exactly hard

>mi meli chino wawa suwi
My wife chino is so cute
(lit: my wife chino very cute)
>mi lawa pilin ken suwi sona
I think it can be easy to learn
(lit: I head feel can sweet to know)

We might flesh out the vocabulary if it gets ambiguous

this seems like far too much effort. I dont want to have to learn esperanto 2.0 just to shitpost
I maintain that typing one key to the right is the easiest way to create a language which is incoherent to most people but is also very easy to learn and decipher (make an excel to do it automatically).
o ,rsm ;ppl - oyd mpy rbrm mpmrdrmdr

>that's the main problem
Isn't really a problem. You can use a list of words and focus in learning how to conjugate them.
>Muh sekrit club
I can bet you almost no one in Jow Forums knows Esperanto. Also the language was forbidden during WWII because everyone thought it was used by spies.

fucking die you nigger esperanto is the worst """language""" ever invented
You never fail to disappoint Mexico.

It makes it illegible and using an add-on means it's easy for people to understand without learning it, which defeats the purpose

Look I literally had never looked at it until I started this thread and I already know a couple words and they're easy to apply (mi, suwi, wawa, meli, etc) so it won't take the average reader long to figure it out.

Thanks!
You might be interested in this Twitter bot.

Attached: 無題.png (304x515, 95K)

I might check it out later, thanks 2postsbythisid user

v-vi ankau.

Attached: 1528682194242.jpg (537x594, 45K)

I think for a Jow Forums language the "one key to the right" idea is the best because it's easy to do, but in order to make it better we should add special words for stuff like faggot and shitpost to make common phrases seem more confusing to outsiders

It's not even a language though it's a cipher

>It makes it illegible
so only people who know what it is will be able to read it
>using an add-on means it's easy for people to understand without learning it
>what is google translate
>what is inamidst.com/services/tokipana
Outside of creating a language from scratch (which could be kinda fun i guess) there will exist and auto-translator for whatever you can find so this argument is moot.
Can you at least find a language which doesnt sound like a polynesian family having an orgy?

Making it from scratch is more in-line with what I want to do. Toki Pona is a blank slate.

also brb making brownies

me futa yo muda

Attached: 1526222402311.jpg (960x641, 44K)

its a flaming logographic language fuck that - we will never even be able to write it 'properly'
just make a wordlist for the meme words like faggot, nigger and whatnot and then build from there.

Of course we'll be able to write it properly because we'll be editing as we type it. We could end up with a vocabulary of 1000+ words if people just decided to try it.

haha lukin ona tawa

Attached: KWTryeP.gif (360x335, 1.8M)

bump

Fggt

wrong

also I'm op not sure why ID changed

Symbols too complicated
2/10

mi wile e mije

I didn't even register they were there desu

sina gay

kulupu li sewi

Translate this one pls I didn't understand

OP moku palisa

mama sina li jan Komo

Suggestion for Bantian vocabulary:

OP -> opi

ike sina gawway

I don't understand this pls help, I couldn't find Komo in there

based

also nominating "Haha" for bear/polar bear

Attached: hlahg.gif (500x288, 1.55M)

gay > keji
amerimutt > amerimuto
fat > pato

*gayway

agreed
also
>Finland -> Mongo

jan + loan word that may or may not be adapted to toki ponan phonotactics is for names

for example, jan Chad means me

finland is already ma Sumi

amerimuto pato li jo ala lawa

So what does Komo mean? Sorry that I'm a brainlet. Something about my mom tho

Would America be better as Ma Muto then? or Ma Amerimuto

The ji syllable isn't allowed
'amerimuto' is too long, Muto is good though
You can use suli as fat

>So what does Komo mean? Sorry that I'm a brainlet. Something about my mom tho
i tried to say you mom gay

>Would America be better as Ma Muto then? or Ma Amerimuto
iirc america is "ma Amerika"

I think we can disregard the original's intention of the language if we're going to adopt it tho tbqh, and that goes for us not using pato for fat too

Oh sorry I didn't get the h -> k thing, my bad

Yeah ma Amerika but it'd also be the land of mutts so ma muto works for me

>The ji syllable isn't allowed
fugg
gay should be omo or komo then
>'amerimuto' is too long, Muto is good though
muto ma Amerika...
>You can use suli as fat
alri

ma benisu ken mute nimi ifu sina wile

(ifu = if, didn't see a word for that)

also I just remembered that they don't really have a number system in this, it goes wan (1) tu (2) and then mute (many) iirc so we can make stuff up for that for certain

for "if x, then y sentences" we could say "x, y"

i'm retarded at explaining so i'll just give you an example

in english: if you eat, you become strong
in toki pona: sina moku sina kama wawa

what about, to make it more bant-ese, we randomly generate a character from any of the "complex character" (don't know actual term) languages, like mandarin, and assign one of them to each word

sure, it'd be alot harder, but it would be near impossible to decipher/translate and it would also look cool

We could use 'kili' (fruit) for gay. I'm fine with adding a word for it, though. Same thing for fat.

I guess 'pan jana' could be used for OP.

We also need words for thread and board.

That makes enough sense but I'll keep using ifu even still, I just don't like the ambiguity personally

that would mean learning all of chinese, one of if not then the hardest languages to learn to write, only more difficult and also wrong
why on earth would anyone do something that stupid
You know, Canada, I dont expect that much from you but this is just disappointing.

no not all of it
just a random assortment
it'd only be like 120 characters, probably less

I'd personally rather have it be easy to type than hard to decipher

Maybe we'll see what happens as we use it. Having both "kili" and just gay or opi or komo or whatever for gay is fine by me

sina postos ike

jan kili = gay?
>pan jana should be used for OP
what is jana? i think jan nampa wan would be better
also thread could be linja, and board lipu kasi

toki pona is supposed to be ambiguous

yeah but we're altering it to be bantese anyway, the goal is to be able to legit understand eachother

alright
well if thats the goal then its fine

thumbs up emoji

also I'm going to sleep now so feel free to keep this thread bumped or let it die, I'll make another thread tomorrow if this one's dead

I meant jan pana, sorry. jan tan could also work
I like linja for thread. What do you think about using kulupu as board?

It should still be simple and versatile

sina lape pona

akesi for frog?

reasonable

mute pona

o lape pona

i think jan tan is the best one
board could be palisa toki

How about len (cloth) for board? It's not a perfect match, but cloth is made out of threads and so are boards.

i think palisa toki or kulupu linja would be best
palisa is a long, hard thing so like a board and toki is about talking
so palisa toki = discussion board

kulupu linja = group of threads

bump

we already have (or rather had) Jow Forums runes, why not use that?

Attached: Z.png (900x900, 21K)

elaborate good sir.

I would like to know morr about these as I joined about 9 months into Jow Forums's life