Be most of Europe

>Be most of Europe
>Your fucking flag is 3 rectangles or a sideways cross

Attached: 1511117308708.jpg (570x564, 141K)

>be America
>make flag to remind you how many states you started with and how many you now have because population is stupid

Attached: 1523606031039.jpg (500x500, 59K)

honestly it does kind of bug me that most of the world follows the vertical tricolor/horizontal tricolor/stars-and-stripes/x's cross design. I know there are exceptions, and I know there's a lot of variety therein available, but it just seems kind of boring, you know?

>Be Australia
>Make flag remind you that youre part of the anglosphere because population is stupid
also flags are supposed to represent your country retard

>a fucking subaru

Attached: IMG_0339.png (880x660, 161K)

>Be american
>Get ____

>BUP

Attached: 1519807001035.jpg (437x437, 15K)

I get your point, but at the same time flags are supposed to be simple, easy to recognise and somehow represent the nation.

What's an example of good flag design in your opinion? I like Albania, I guess.

>flags are supposed to be simple, easy to recognise and somehow represent the nation.
/thread

>Be american
>Get gaybabyjailed

Don't you fucking try ending this thread faguette, I asked the American user a question and I want a reply. Vexillology is a much more interesting topic, than the eternal grind of reposted anime threads, 2hushit and gayposting.

This is true, but the tricolor design is just way too simple, and something like the Greek or American flag is good, simple but represents the nation

i like my flag

Your flag is great, but too hard to draw

african flags are the best

Yeah, but you have to remember the historical significance. Back in the day it was a lot harder to produce complicated designs, and when you were going to create flags for an entire population it was a lot simpler to just take three equally sized pieces of cloth and put them together.

I liked your flag too at first, until I realised that the diagonal red lines are not centered to the diagonal white lines.

I get it, I just wish they represented the nation better than "pick three colors something something history" for a large amount of them. I mean, Romania, Chad, Belgium, France, Luxembourg, Ireland, Italy, Peru... it just kind of blends togerher, you know? It's basically a barcode that we just memorize.

As for my favorite flags, perhaps it's ironic, but I'm a big fan of stuff like South Africa's flag because it's so... eccentric, maybe? And Greece's flag always stood out to me. Japan, Bhutan, DRCongo, Switzerland, South Korea, Jamaica, Philippines, etc are all flag designs I like. They might still be extremely simple in some instances, but are still more interesting and striking than the most common varieties.

A lot of it has to do with strictly overexposure, of course. If France was basically the only one with a tricolor, for example, then it would be a lot better, imo. As it is, it's just kind of boring.

dad is coming home soon I can feel it

Yea but throughout history flags change, and didn't like everyone in Europe have their coat of arms or an animal on their flags?

i hope this helps :)

Attached: uk.png (1209x229, 21K)

>faguette
Actually a German on vacation.

I agree though, but maybe the thread should have a different approach to the topic. The answer you gave is pretty much it. Yes, tricolours are kinda boring - but practical.

>throughout history flags change
They always should be easy to reproduce though, that's one of the signs of quality for a flag design.

And the CoAs and the animals on the flags often are additions for royal standards, military flags, or the ones shown at gouverment buildings, while the simple colours are still the official flag.

It did, thanks UKposter

Attached: thumbs up.png (694x532, 89K)

>They always should be easy to reproduce though
What do you mean? Do you mean like easy for someone to draw? Well I wouldn't say something like the USA flag is hard to draw

I guess I don't think much about it anymore, spending so much time on Jow Forums (and before that Jow Forums and Jow Forums) has made me learn most of these flags with very little conscious effort. It's not that hard to mentally couple a three coloured barcode to a nation.

Still, I agree that some of the flags you like are more interesting than the tricolor flags.

50 equally spaced white stars on a blue background is pretty easy to fuck up when you're drawing them on a white piece of paper though.

More like easy to sew and actually manufacture.

Arent flags manufactured mostly by machines now?

I mean it mostly is a preference discussion, but yeah. I disagree with though because I wouldn't say making flags easily confused and not very memorable is very practical imo

Machines aren't always available. In times of war you might need a flag without much know how or tech.

Well, flags normally flags only matter in a specific context anyways. If you are in Europe and see a green, white red tricolour I'd think of Italy, on the American continent, I'd think of Mexico though.

Yeah. Tricolour flags are just so damn bland.

I mean why make a flag different just for people in rural areas withoutchines? Also if resources are really needed then youd just need te put more white on the flag

without machines, not withoutchines

Even still, the flags don't do anything to signify the nation other than that you associate the two. As a symbol of the nation, that feels like a failure to me.