At what point has this board started to tolerate namefags and why?

At what point has this board started to tolerate namefags and why?

Attached: e09.png (600x600, 196K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cd4-UnU8lWY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

who cares

If you don’t like them people just say hurr Jow Forums or similar
I mean I used to not care when I first started using Jow Forums but I’ve noticed that there’s a negative trend with them - Mrs Normie + Normie, Snekman, Leafman, etc.
Gone back to not caring since this is the internet but still

Attached: B96E6680-00BA-4CB0-B515-60A4DCB2DD08.png (371x353, 126K)

Since the beginning
>and why
Why not?

Since the beginning, and because forced anonymos kills communitiies.

Since like day one. Where were you?

But this board is small enough to recognize people without namefagging.

This is also a gud point, there are plenty of cool namefags like Gapfag and Shit Post. And part of the fun of Jow Forums is talking to others.
I think it’s just unfortunate using a name to identify yourself attracts unsavoury posters
It’d be better if everyone used a name or nobody did

Attached: DD075573-CE8E-45D0-932F-C4B56191BF05.png (960x1140, 661K)

BUMP
is this free real estate?

yes

Pretty much except for Brits aussies and Americans. Some of the most memorable posters are still only reconized by thier flag

Sice is a good name

>cause forced anonymos kills communitiies.
but it makes imageboards and discussion better.
I blame /jp/ for no reason.
As long as the culture doesnt shift to one where not namefagging is more abnormal than namefagging it doesnt really matter.

I saw a meme YouTube video I'll share
Lol it's prefect for this scenario
Sec

youtube.com/watch?v=cd4-UnU8lWY

yeah i guess you're right.

Attached: spanking.gif (341x256, 976K)

The point is is that Jow Forums generally doesn't mind namefags, and Jow Forums is a much more tighter-knit community compared to other boards, so people recognize and know posters that people have nicknames associated with them regardless if they're a namefag or not.
Smaller imageboards and messageboards have lots of namefags too for the reason they're community focused, namefags also used to be extremely common on Jow Forums up until 2005.
Forced anonymous communities only work larger boards.

Americas all sound the same lol amirite

So basically were s4s with flags and Protestant, right?

no, they're the sister board. but desu they're pretty gaye

>Protestant
wait what were protestant?

Attached: 92ac2a604108153ba35502a555491638.jpg (248x352, 9K)

>but it makes imageboards and discussion better.
The point in anonymous discussion is that only your arguments matter, not your character.
So when a character can't be attacked, Jow Forums typically projects one onto the other person. You're a faggot from reddit/gaiaonline/newgrounds/discord/whateverthefuck, you're obviously a pedophile, you have no job and live in your mom's basement, you suck cocks and won't find a gf.
So you see that this point isn't exactly valid here. Not to mention that people who are generally capable of discussion can do it were there persistent identity or not.
And making imageboards better? You're posting on the one board that's unorthodox about this, and I hope you're not here because you like shit.

namefags ruin everything

this is a fact

I'm the reincarnation of the holy trinity i can feel it in my bones i'm meant to free this world from the evil, i'll destroy our society and start from scratch, in poverty an humility, living off the land, and the righteous will follow me, while the devils will try to convince the others that i'm just an autistic commie.

They hated my father 'cause he spoke the truth, 'cause they're the army of the liar, that promised them material riches in exchange of their souls, they want you to find happines only in the material, making you a thoughtless slave of money. Ma in verità, but in truth i say: blessed is the one that has the will to unchain himself, 'cause i'll grant them my holy fire, that burns intensely in the heart of the righteous.

Attached: tumblr_inline_nts6ipJD8E1r1im7c_1280-1024x768.jpg (1024x768, 14K)

>The point in anonymous discussion is that only your arguments matter, not your character.
Yeah, so you get it. I got see why you make some crappy reason why this is invalid as your next sentence. Calling people reddit or newfags with no possible justification is just shitposting and, in a discussion where some people are actually interested in a result, wont change anybody's mind.
>people who are generally capable of discussion can do it were there persistent identity or not.
But it means you can shitpost and bait in one thread and then be serious in another and nobody will know.
>You're posting on the one board that's unorthodox about this, and I hope you're not here because you like shit.
I dont really get what you mean. Nobody really argues properly or with any reason on Jow Forums so, to that end, youre right - its pointless here. Ive no idea what you mean about liking shit though.

All I can say is that if Jow Forums ever forced namefags (which it obviously wont) then its bye bye from me.

IDK can we be Jehovah witnessers

Megalomaniacs the whole bunch.

Give me attention