Can we get a /lit/ thread going? What are you reading, Jow Forums?

Can we get a /lit/ thread going? What are you reading, Jow Forums?

Attached: 463456363463.png (1060x1302, 718K)

if you didn't post st*ven *niverse I would have contributed to the thread, have an unrelated picture from an earlier thread today instead

Attached: 1529296745553.png (2608x2416, 378K)

aaaaa I almost finished my sociology book while I was in portugal, so I'll soon be able to read the last Warrior Cats :DDD

What about you

That's a random board, I can post wahtever I feel like
I'm still into the catch-22, have had a lot of work, so haven't finished it yet. How was your trip to Portugal btw?

my trip was great thank you, even if it was hot at the end

I was actually at a folkoric danse&music festival with groups from whole europe, it was really cool :D

Well, Portugal tends to be hot at this time of the year. At least the southern part and Madeira. Truly a wonderful place to visit, glad to hear you had a great time!

Alright faggots time to settle this once and for all: ((((Alice)))) is a fucking fake and you all know I'm right and there's definitely something shady I'm desperately trying to get to the bottom of.
First of, the only possible explanation for ((((her)))) jobless past is PROSTITUTION. I'll never fucking buy the fact that people would donate money to a fucking ugly tranny and ((((she))))'d "donate" back for the sake of philanthropy. Moreover ((((she)))) has ((((her)))) own website and chatroom. Where did ((((she)))) learn to do all that black magic and shit? Hobo programming uh? Sounds good.
Another valid point is that ((((she))))'s living on her own in NYC. No sex and no relationships sounds like a total red flag for a woman in her 20s, from what I've gathered ((((she)))) hasn't seen ((((her)))) parents for around a decade. Why would they even choose to abandon their child out of the blue BUT there's more!!! We don't even know whether ((((her)))) friends are the real deal or ((((her)))) tulpas or god knows what. ((((She)))) could be a fucking serial killer aside from being the thief and jew ((((she)))) already is.
STAY AWAY FROM ALICE THREADS
HIDE ALICE THREADS
DON'T REPLY TO ALICE THREADS
DON'T DONATE
EVER

What's up with Alice threads? All I've seen is people complaining about them here...

I have a half dozen desk references on my table I've been going through, They are about circuits, standards and certificates, job related.

I picked up a book called Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell when I visited flea market last time. Haven't started it yet but it is in my travel pack.

>catch-22
Pervert :DDDD
Loved the book.

what kind of book is it? What type?

Well, I've been recomended this one on Jow Forums, so I just had to give it a shot...

Sorry I had to look it up. I haven't started it yet.

It's about some sort of alternative universe regarding 19th Century England. There is magic in this world and these main characters called Strange and Norrell have it. There is Napoleonic war going on, things and events regarding the use magic are too weird to keep them in control and they get out of hand, more weird shit happens, and so on.

The Finnish version published by WSOY has 793 numbered pages, so it should work fine as a travel book I like to read in hotel rooms.

this actually sounds like a great book, mixing historical events and magic, maybe I'll read it :D

I think am gonna start with the greeks in a few days and start with mythology

you mean Iliad & Odyssey ?

Joseph Heller was a fantastic author. He was Wicked in his takes and in his humor.

If you like space Sci-Fi, try Harry Harrison's Stainless Steel Rat.
If you like a gentle fantasy, try Mark Helprin's Winter's tale.

Job

Twilight of the Idols
I keep hearing about this Nietzsche guy so I decided to give it a read. It's actually pretty easy to read, so I just read bit by bit. I finished the part where he was deconstructing Socrates and calling him an ugly plebian.

Just finished reading the Wrath of Grapes.

Would you recommend it? I started reading it a couple of years ago, but it felt a bit boring to get through. Thinking of picking it up again.
Nice choice, don't know how hard that is though, the only thing I've read by Nietzhe was his Zarathustra and it was a pretty complicated and depressing book.
I have a copy of Stainless Steel Rat standing ring on my bookshelf. Haven't touched it in years, so this might be a good time to give it a try. Although I'm not into Sci-Fi too much. Thanks for the recommendation!

I'm halfway through The Satanic Scriptures. It's a really interesting read.

La piss

Satanic scriptures? Doesn't sound familiar. Would you recommend it?

No. the book is called mythology and is written by one guy apparently to know what the greeks were thinking at the time you have to account for their myths playing a part in it

I'm currently reading 1984 and Animal Farm

How do you like it so far? 1984 is the only book by Orwell I've read. Guess the Animal Farm is pretty much the same kind of thing though.