Why do Germans call all “cereal” types “cornflakes”? like they just lump them together like that...

why do Germans call all “cereal” types “cornflakes”? like they just lump them together like that. eating fruity pebbles? it’s “cornflakes”. eating Cheerios? it’s “cornflakes”. this has deeply troubled me for some time now and i’m wondering if there’s some sort of historical significance or if Germans are just cerealblind. i have asked a few Germans before and they can’t explain it, they just start arguing with me that “cereal” doesn’t exist, just “cornflakes” and “muesli”. how can something be “cornflakes” when it is neither corn, nor a flake?

Attached: 72737DBF-FE18-437B-A2A0-254F36AA4F31.jpg (2896x2896, 970K)

Other urls found in this thread:

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frühstücksflocken
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Mobilefag

ur mums a cornflake

i've never noticed this

Attached: 01-43-56-__madotsuki_yume_nikki_drawn_by_futami_yayoi__sample-7a3262ddaff5f84089e95a5272869324.jpg (850x850, 105K)

why do americans say "could care less" when they mean "couldnt care less"?

We also call all types of Americans Untermenschen.

Attached: c47.png (780x620, 18K)

We call modern Germans "New Germans" or just Muhammad.

Most german shops have a tiny selection of flakes and cereals as they just don't eat much of that type of food. They choose to be ignorant of foods kike that a prefer eating endless bread and rolls. Most don't know the difference and just call everythjng flakes.

They sure don't make 'em like they used to.

nu-deutsche

Quatsch

as an American, this bothers me as well
my wifi is out ya coont
absolutely pwnd
huh. actually interesting. i guess that’s cause you don’t have walmarts like us amerifags. endless “cornflake” selection, but also endless autism.

No we don't have huge supermarkets, even the larger ones don't have a big selection, you csn't even get a decent selection of ready meals. Everything has to be cooked from scratch and that does not make the average german less fat.

German supermarket are boring along with most germans

just wanted to say youre very very cute, and someone out there really really likes you.

Attached: 1532642025749.jpg (1240x1754, 658K)

i disagree. you all are interesting folk. majority of my e-friends live in germany. good company. i honestly find you easier to get along with than my own kind in most cases. except in the cornflake matter....

Attached: C6A8E0CA-985B-4A92-B1C0-FF5A5B70F35E.jpg (403x392, 59K)

was zur hölle

th-thanks, anonkun.... you too

was zur hölle

We call them cornflakes too

kek, no you don't you guys can legitimately get arrested for that kind of ebil nazi talk in Germany.

Das not true, there's also a thing called Müsli

BASED

Attached: Ich.jpg (480x480, 28K)

read my original post baka my head

i would like to represent america when i say i formally declare war on any nation that refers to CEREAL as CORNFLAKES. thank you and have a nice day.

Did your phone autocorrect "like" to "kike"?

I'm pretty sure every1 does it

Attached: 12454375678.jpg (1024x805, 248K)

Because no one uses the "proper" terms for them since they sound retarded.
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frühstücksflocken