I plan to leave my comfy western country to go live in China once I'm graduated. Fuck the West...

I plan to leave my comfy western country to go live in China once I'm graduated. Fuck the West, I'm tired of all the bullshit here. Let's talk about China anons. I've lived there for a year and a half already and I feel like most westerners have a lot of false ideas about that country.

(I'm not a commie)

Attached: 1969-The-Chinese-Peoples-Liberation[1].jpg (497x351, 40K)

What's it like?

>belgium
I wish he was back in europe

Attached: 8ac6670414064f5a94c9159ced9e4e2a.jpg (457x480, 50K)

Will probably have to go there soon. What are the pros and cons of life there?

Big Chinese cities are awesome to live in if you try to avoid the more polluted ones. You just gotta open your mind and accept how things are. It takes some adaptation at first but if you try to get along with the locals (which is way easier if you know some mandarin of course) you might start understanding their culture and sorta feel at home there.

I've never felt safer than in China, I hate being in Brussels for example with all the crazy people running around everywhere, Brussels isn't really a dangerous city but I find it impossible to feel really safe there.

So Pros would be: lots of stuff to do and to discover, great infrastructure in the big cities, safety, food

Cons: if you go there as an expat and stay with expats you're probably going to hate your experience there. Knowing mandarin would make your experience 10x smoother. I feel like they don't really like people who only know English (even if they're white). Also you have to get adapted to the noise, the spitting on the streets, and the relatively lesser hygiene compared to western countries. But if you can get over that it's a really comfy ride.

Sounds pretty good, but since I can't speak Mandarin, living there might be a bit of a problem.

Try to make friends with the locals, even if you don't speak mandarin. If you know a language, search students of that language and offer to speak with them, you might make new friends. Just don't act too white, it's annoying not only for Chinese people but for people all over the world it seems.

Why would chinks shill their piece of shit of a country on Jow Forums?
They are all fucking scammers and faggots, every time I had any interraction with them they tried to fuck me over. At this point I honestly believe they only live to scam other people. Fuck chinks.

I'm white af bruh, no idea what you're talking about

>lots of stuff to do and to discover, great infrastructure in the big cities, safety, food
>Also you have to get adapted to the noise, the spitting on the streets, and the relatively lesser hygiene compared to western countries
Sounds like a shit version of Japan. Why not move there instead? They're also weird moon people with weird moon culture and languages but at least they're nice and clean. Also Japanese is easier than mandarin, I think

Attached: 1508113272124.jpg (250x208, 6K)

I haven't been to Japan yet, I've started studying Mandarin mainly because I'm good at languages and that it could get a job. I'm not saying Japan is any worse, that said I don't think it's developing as fast as China atm. Not going to judge Japan or South Korea for that matter, I just think a lot of people have wrong ideas about China.

Pretty much this and I'm not a weeb it just feels like a sensible thing to do if you want to move to asian country.

Oh well, that doesn't sound all that bad. I will most likely end up in Shanghai, so a lot of people should be able to understand English. Not sure what exactly you mean by "acting white", but I could probably guess.

>im not a communist, but...

Just don't act like an entitled spoiled brat and you'll be fine. Shanghai is a cool city, and it might indeed be the easiest for a non-mandarin speaker to fit in. Have fun over there user

Thanks for the advice!

I think it's weird how many people think China is still communist at all nowadays... I mean fucking look at Aliexpress, that's not really communism is it?

Then what about harvesting organs from falun-gong practicers, cenzorship, dumping, persecutions of christians etc.?

I don't see how that's related to communism, you might say that China is totalitarian, but not communist.

Also who cares about falungong practitioners, I couldn't care less if we started slaughtering scientologists in the west someday.

Look at how much the chinese drink bottled water too!
And they keep coming to Hong Kong to buy souvenirs!
Very captalist

Fair enough. I bet China is a pretty interesting country and I'd like to visit someday, but overall I would probably value more Japan's politeness culture when it comes to living. Most Chinese people I meet here in Spain tend to be rude and have poor manners, so I don't think I'd like to live in a place where everyone's like that

There's two things in your sentence that are interesting to comment on.

I feel like westerners in general dislike how Chinese tourists behave in their countries. From what I gather this is a situation that has been improving steadily over the years and that is still improving. Chinese people are getting more and more aware that they should act as guests in other countries and respect that country's culture more.

I do not believe that Chinese people are impolite/rude in China, I even think that they are more polite than westerners but in their own way. Politeness in the west and in the east is very different and it takes some adaptation to understand one country's culture of politeness. To add to this, Japanese do look extremely polite in their mannerisms, but I feel like a lot of people, from the east and the west can dislike that kind of exaggerated politeness. Being too polite can lead people to think you're being a hypocrite which makes you seem less polite instantly.

Again, it's all about culture differences, politeness is not a fixed thing that every "educated" person has, it has many forms and some are hard to understand to people who do not know the culture they're dealing with.

I am surprised you push through the brainwashing of the state country china.
but becareful you die easier there

I was actually thinking about Chinese people living here. Many of them have small convenience stores or restaurants and they don't treat you very well even as a customer, so I presume they are even ruder out of work. Also they usually don't adapt too well and just spend their lives working and living in ghettos and many of them don't even speak a single bit of Spanish, and that unwillingness to adapt is rude in its own way too.

Regarding Japanese people, they are indeed hypocrites to some degree since many times their politeness does not come from their true feelings but from their culture of avoiding conflict at all costs. Still, once you understand this and stop idealizing that politeness it's certainly nice to be treated with such respect and their strive to keep things as peaceful as possible is certainly admirable (even though it does cause many other underlying societal problems)

Shut the fuck up you communist pig

Attached: 1534051872666.jpg (719x535, 77K)