Is it possible to get a gaming PC for $300?

Is it possible to get a gaming PC for $300?

Pic unrelated

Attached: 1530741791520.webm (320x576, 846K)

Not unless you have years of experience and are willing to run with inoptimal settings

a

the answer depends on what games you want to play, but it's probably more like $500-$600 for anything decent

I should note I have the peripherals just not the pc itself. And yeah I figured not since video cards are like $300 themselves.

if you build it yourself maybe

yes. my t420 plays snes roms all day, no problem. no need for expensive nvidia gpus or whatever.

the graphics card alone would probably cost 300

Avoid playing games until the cryptocuckery bubble explodes without survivors, so 2020.
Also go full AMD Ryzen APU and don't give your money to Nvidia/Intel jews, let them sink. A Ryzen APU will cost you less than 180$.

based dankpader
my t420s can play l4d2 at high smoothly.
however, op wants a gaming pc. thinkpads are not gaming pcs at all, unless you are going to play some low/med spec games.

>unless you are going to play GOOD games
ftfy

This. I haven't tried it but as far as I know you should be able to play most modern games decently with a Ryzen APU as long as you're not a "muh 60fps ultra settings" faggot. Also since you said you have the peripherals you can get all you need for 300$

Attached: 1534496055078.png (166x166, 13K)

>Goy ID

>all GOOD games need 999 gorilion zetabytes of ram and a shillvidya 2080
hmm ok

I am fine playing at 720p at like 30 fps. Shit like Fallout 3/NV, TF2
What is an APU?

just buy a cheap pc and get rid of everything that isn't related to gaming.

Then it should be enough

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_Accelerated_Processing_Unit

It's basically AMD's branding for a CPU with an integrated GPU. It just happens that the integrated GPU of some of the Ryzen processors (the ones named xxxxG I believe) are pretty neat. You can look for comparisons with Nvidia GPUs, if I remember correctly they're roughly equivalent to a GT1030

Attached: 20180514_051557.png (701x538, 368K)

Thanks fren

Attached: 1491117469459.png (240x304, 15K)

100 zloty in those idiots being P*les

Yuo're welcom fren, how you get a nice gaming pc

Attached: K-On! Ep 14@00:13:34.271.jpg (1920x1080, 1.47M)

I meant hope* not how

I have no idea what I'm doing, I found a website that will build and configure based on your specs but there are so many choices for processors

Be especially careful with the compatibility of the components you get. You will need to get a motherboard compatible with your processor and probably compatible RAM too (I think modern processors require DDR4 RAM). Also remember that not all Ryzen processors come with integrated GPU

If you don't know enough of the topic you should probably go to a specialized shop and they will handle it for you. It's good to do some research beforehand though

Attached: loli thinking 5.jpg (640x775, 106K)

That's why I was hoping to just buy a prefab or prebuilt. I had a friend who was into this shit and built my last pc but he's dead. At least you have given me hope that it is technically possible to get one for budget gaming

Used business PCs are cheap as fuck and usually come with decent specs. I bought an i7-4770 with no ram or disk (just case, mobo, PSU) for $200, guy threw in some new 500GB HDD and a stick of ram for $100 more. In the US it should be even cheaper.

Wouldn't be worth just save another hundred or two and get something beefier
You'd be able to play low spec games pretty well but I think that higher end games you'd prolly get 60 fps on lowest settings, maybe more or less tho idk

Sorry about your friend

Then I recommend you go to a specialized shop. They may have some prefab with the Ryzen processors and if they don't you can ask for them specifically and they will know what you're talking about. Some guidelines on what to look out for I can give you from my limited knowledge (I'm no expert either):

>Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G or Ryzen 5 2400G. The second one has more processing power but the graphics are the same (and it's obviously more expensive)
>Motherboard with AM4 socket if Ryzen processor
>DDR4 RAM if Ryzen processor

For the rest (hard drive, case, power supply) you should be good to go with any of them. Add SSD hard drive if you can spare some $$$ and want to get much better loading speeds.

>spare
I actually meant spend

Attached: 1BsSGYia_400x400.jpg (400x400, 32K)

AMD is going to blast Nvidia with their next release, similar to what they did to Intel with Threadripper.

you could probably upgrade your current PC to something decent with $300

>Goy ID

Its a sign. Nvidia is calling to you.
Dont forgot to get a kickass mechanical keyboard. Membrane keyboards are for poorfag casual facebook-game-playing normalshits.

Attached: 1418160512510.png (1064x698, 337K)

Save yourself the stress and just save $1,500

Once you have your money go get yourself some Alienware.

Alienware starts at $899.

Attached: 1534457627535.jpg (480x464, 58K)

>Burning the Icelandic flag to honour it
Why are yanks so dumb?

>Alienware

Most valuble goy right here. Thats just high end parts put in an edgy pc case, then upcharged by a ton.