Mental health thread

I’m a psychologist. Please feel free to talk about your feelings in this thread. Just imagine if I would’ve taken the time for David Katz. He may just be another nobody and two people would be alive.

So share whatever you go and I’ll do my best to engage everyone.

Attached: 0648CE16-E315-4264-8B3F-1AA6C37254E0.jpg (1125x1289, 1.08M)

I'm a PhD student, and my supervisor is a legit narcissist who is intent on destroying me. If I complain, he will ruin my career. He has done that before to other students. He also has no concept of what confidential means and spills our private conversations all over the library.

I'm depressed. What do.

Im in group therapy at a recovery facility and everyone in my group save for me is living at a halfway house and they all hate it. The group has devolved into them doing almost nothing but love their complaints about that place. What I have tried to engage and connect with them and a fundamental level an look for what part they have played in this, I was told to stop, that I didn't understand because I didnt live there.

This hurt my feelings, and now I have shut down in group and I dread going, when I used to look forward to it and it was really helping, but that was before the group consciousness had shifted this way.

I feel like the counselor should do something. I don't want to say anything for fear that I will make those guys feel like they can't share, and I feel like it would further alienate me from the group. What do?

Report him the to ethics committee for leaking confidentials (first be sure he isn’t part of the committee). There are few people more difficult to deal with than the narcissist. You will find that despite attempts to get on his good side he will not respect you or treat you properly. It’s hard and I know you will likely want a different answer but all you can do is focus on the finish. The man wants you to fail. He wants that. It’s an emotional attack to keep you beneath him forever. He may not realize what he’s doing but most likely he does.

The narcissist is the most difficult person in the world. They may respect those older than them simply for being older but if he’s an extremist he likely only respects those that have achieved greatness in his eyes.

As for depression start changing your diet up and doing a bit of exercise even cardio such as cycling. A little yogurt in the morning to help build up good gut bacteria will also help level your mental state

Remember, you are a PhD because you hve proven mastery and shown that you are a candidate for the coveted position of PhD. They will not make it easy on you (unless you are a fellow professor). Your goal at this time is completion of your PhD. Stay focused and remember how miserable a narcissist truly is on a day to day basis. There is nothing you can do to achieve his compliments so just don’t bother.

Well yesterday i got so stoned and a giant spider crawled up to me whilst i was rolling and i chopped it up with a knife

weather the storm until you graduate. once you move on, consider gathering your resources and destroying this individual.

>1) buy mask
>2) get bat
>3) wait till night
>4) throw them a awesome party aat the batting cage.

remind the people in your group that addicts, by nature, are expert victims. Nothing is ever their fault, they have difficulty taking responsibility for their choices. remind them that they sound like a bunch of victims and until they can accept that it was their choices that got them to where they are, they will continue the cycle of addiction.

Hey OP. I'm just an average Joe. I'm fairly happy with my life and pretty content, but always striving to be better. I could probably work out more too. Anyway, stay away from the guns I may or may not have.

Why do you need to associate with your teacher? Do your homework, turn it in, and graduate. It's pretty simple.

Attached: 1455325095520.jpg (1710x840, 133K)

Group therapy is good for discussing simple things but complex issues don’t vibe well. You will notice how confirmation bias and groupthink places a pivotal role in the sessions. This is because everyone has accepted that they are different than you, that life is miserable, and that your perspective is invalid.

Your perspective from a different viewpoint is in fact valid. You may not be living in a halfway house, but you’re living in a prison of your own mind, which is similar to what they are doing. They are focused on how much they hate what they have because they believe they should have it better, perhaps they want full freedom, and they still have a prison mindset. They believe that nothing could ever be worse than what they have in life but they made their destiny.

If you find yourself unable to speak, unable to feel as you’ve been helped, then maybe look for other groups. If it’s court ordered do your time and get through it but don’t completely cut out the idea of attending a different group on your own time. Drug/alcohol recovery is a very specific group. 80% of them understand you and want everyone to do better. It sounds like you are just in the wrong group. And don’t worry about connecting with them. They aren’t the type of people you should get in an uproar over. If you want to earn the respect of ex cons you need to take it to the most vulgar disgusting memory of your actions. Something that would make even a hardened ex con question your sanity. Just do not confess to any crimes that could still be open and looking for a perp!

Do your time and move forward. Find a group that works. Even if you have to put it together yourself. Groups do work but not for everyone. Group would never work for me because I’m slightly introverted and I don’t like admitting my fuckups and struggles to strangers. Sometimes you just get dealt a bad hand which is what I see here.

I was severely clinically depressed for a long time and it went untreated for almost 10 years. I've been on SSRI's for about 2 years and I'm doing better but I'm afraid my hippocampus is stunted and that it may affect my ability to store long-term memory. I'm afraid about the time that I lost. I shouldn't be alive but for some reason I am, and I don't know how to handle it. This is my fourth semester back in school and I'm holding a 4.0, but I have no friends due to years of sustained isolation and the weight of the people and the time that I lost sitting around waiting to die is haunting me. How am I supposed to make peace with that, Mr. Psychologist? Do you have the fucking answer? Because I don't.

I misspoke, they are in more of a sober living house.... But that still helps. And I'm there voluntarily. I suppose I just need to advocate for myself.

Short version: I'm new in a company (one month) and already had to do the vacation replacement for someone. Nothing was taught to me and I get shitted on for things I didn't even do. I feel terrible and think about quitting again. I got stomach pains and a twitching eye.

>I’m slightly introverted and I don’t like admitting my fuckups and struggles to strangers.
nobody does. but when your fuckups and struggles land you in halfway house as a recovering addict, you start to realize there's some old wounds you need to deal with. talking about them is the only way to heal them.

Hey average joe. Keep up with the positivity and definitely look into doing some more exercising. If you’re striving to be better just try the most simple approach m: writing down goals and desires. Writing them down and below that you write a rough idea of how to get there (that is within your reach) if you want things then just focus on budgeting. The wealthiest folks in the world aren’t scared to demand a lower interest rate or they’ll go elsewhere. Just do what they do. Good luck user

Guns are ok and a right. They are not my concern.

Thanks user, and thanks for being brutally honest. I have spoken to the confidential counsellor at uni before, but the problem is you can 'talk it out' with a narcissist... So she listened but couldn't help me with any practical matters.

>Stay focused and remember how miserable a narcissist truly is on a day to day basis. There is nothing you can do to achieve his compliments so just don’t bother.

That....is actually really helpful. And you are right, I had not considered that yet. Thank you, user.

you can't change the past you can only learn from it. you don't have power over anything but your own choices, so make ones that are consistent with the attaining the life you want. also, get off the brain altering drugs, those things are bad news, zombieboy.

learn to be assertive instead of a complete and utter beta cuck. if you lay out like a doormat, people will walk on you like a doormat.

dad left when I was 5, saw him every now and then. raised by a single mom, no paternal figure, bullied at school because of this. left with chronic minor depressions which I've managed to hide behind increasing cynisism and sociopathic tendencies to make it through college.

I don't feel anything except sadness anymore, I'm just faking half the emotional spectrum in order to interact with people.

sometimes I think I'll join the army, that way if I die my parents will be less sad than if I hanged myself.

Attached: images(10).jpg (196x258, 12K)

>Lie down in the dirt and let the earth slowly reclaim you
Death Cult!
Absolute state of psychology

You know whats funny my boss is the same way, and he's from holland. He enjoys belittling me in front of other co workers and tries to humiliate me. One time on a day he knew I had off, the guy calls me at 6am to wake me up and try to get me to come in, then says "oh yeah I forgot you had today off" and laughs. At work the next day he asked me if he woke me up then laughed.

I'm actually going pretty good considering.

I have Schizophrenia and OCD. All the usual symptoms with poor functioning in society compared to my cognitive ability, but my outlook on life and happiness in simple things has done wonders for my ability to cope with myself. I guess I got lucky there.

So, I guess even with a poor hand, there's always a chance that people can be content with it all.

With that being said. Just remember that when we seek answers for ourselves we sometimes fail to ask the right questions. You’re making a valiant effort to make a change in your life. Sometimes what we need is that first step. The first few weeks/months without drugs or alcohol can be very tough. Your body struggles to rebalance and it causes a state of having the blues. You can’t even go out for a snack without feeling the world as different than you remember or even feeling like you don’t belong. That is normal. Do not believe that you are going down this path because there is something wrong with you. You made an attempt on your own free will. That means there is something right with you. The brains imbalance will likely correct itself in a short amount of time but it’ll feel like eternity. This is where the one day at a time phrase is most relatable. You start living every day finding new joys. Mine is a pistachio muffin in the morning and coffee with caramel cream. It used to be a beer. This simple new hot has rewired my brain to be as excited about that stupid muffin as I was about getting wasted. I encourage you to keep seeking out the little things that can help you move forward.

Please do call around your area and look for other groups that might be more specific for your individual needs. There is no shame in being selfish when it comes to recovery!

If someone is above you at work, you can't do SHIT to stop them from abusing you. Go ahead and run to HR like a pussy, they won't do anything and they'll tell the person that you reported them to HR. You try to talk to them 1 on 1 as a man, and they just laugh and continue fucking with you because they can. Your choices are to go to work everyday and deal with it, or quit. I can't quit my job, its the only thing in my town that pays enough for me to move out of my mothers basement. I can't go back to living at home as i am 28.

why is there a black man in there this is forced diversity :|

Well I come to you to ask how does one cope with the feel of being on a never ending uphill climb with no end or reward in sight. I’m all on my own and the only times I get a break is the 20 minuets between classes and the hour to eat before work.

Attached: F6EB34AA-5EF4-412B-A645-0DAB7BCAB0DA.png (740x557, 250K)

join the army and stop being such a victim

t. die for israel amerimutt

Attached: 1509836285510.png (304x306, 7K)

I'm finishing my PhD now and my advisor has gotten in my way a few times. If he gets in my way before I defend (in two weeks), I'll contact my program chair and he'll sort it out. Maybe it's different in the US, but I am in a specific program at my university (Biomedical Sciences) which has a chair who can overrule a lot of professors.

What are you getting your doctorate in and how far are you?

>my thesis is on genetic mutations that cause autism

>coveted position of PhD
I have never once in my life ever heard of a PhD position (being a graduate student I suppose) being coveted. Thanks for the laughs user

thats not Jow Forums related go to /b/

How do I avoid ruminating on mistakes I made or how I performed on something that happened months and/or years ago? It’s giving me anxiety and I don’t want to deal with it.

t. Diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder (according to doc)

Can a schizophrenic ever live a normal life without medicine? I've had psychosis a few times in the past few years. I've been hallucinating since I was a kid. Still though I refuse to take meds since it makes me feel like shit, flat, and were actually a net-negative on my life. I spend all my day on Jow Forums baking breads, reporting shill threads, LARPing, and it's affecting my life negatively. I've lost about 5lbs in muscle and gained 5lbs of fat. I hate pills though. Know any legit self help schizo books?

pic related. I feel like I am living groundhog day and I get no joy from anything

Attached: 66646453.png (500x397, 86K)

Usually when you're stoned animals want to talk or be petted. Bees especially. Only pull the knife if they insult/hurt you.

Sorry to hear that user, sounds like a real cunt.

Don't let him isolate you and make you think that you are crazy. My guy is so extraverted and confident that he can really make you doubt yourself, even when what he does is completely unethical. I often call friends outside of uni to remind me if what is normal and what is way over the line.

the entirety of psychoanalytics is a jewish ideology that is used to punish gentiles who dare to step away from the orthodoxy that has been prescribed to them

If you’re actually getting stomach pains from your job then you are looking at a major red flag. This is your personal health and can last long term. You may think what everyone thinks “I need this job. I need this paycheck” well I got news for you. What you need is a good well rounded life. The road you’re going down leads most people to substance abuse as a way to accept their work life.

Try simply being assertive. You can’t and won’t be fired or reprimanded if you speak up and say “I’m just filling in temporarily. Anonman will be back on blank day. Feel free to take it up with him” and if your management is shitting on you even though they know you’re not the full time guy... well that’s unfortunately what’s wrong with most managers. They will not accept responsibility for anything. It is their personality that puts them in a leadership position in the first place.

Try approaching someone, such as management, with a request to help you do the job better and when it’s brought that it’s temporary you can say things like “you’re looking to help figure out why there are so many errors in this persons position” or “ you feel that you are simply undertrained to work such a position”

Do not let any career ruin your health. Unpopular opinion in my profession but my personal opinion is you’re better off living on the system.

You get one life. Do not dedicate it to any job that can’t give you the common courtesy of making sure you’re prepared to do a job properly.

They would cut you in an instant if they needed to with no remorse. Focus on YOU! And if anyone tells you that once you land a job you have to stay there.. well those people just don’t want you out there looking to better yourself. Every business needs somebody. Polish your shoes and get out there looking about. Don’t be ashamed to sell yourself as the best option!

I vote for an early grave.

Psychology is a religion for people who don't want to stop masturbating.

how the fuck do you even make a post like this? you think youre a neurologically damaged loser because you saw something spooky once? gain some fucking confidence and stop basing your personalities on diagnosises you idiots.

I can't tell you my topic because my field is so small you would find me immediately, sorry. It's in the obscure and dead languages.

Our prof is a weakwilled guy who is only in it for himself, so not only is he not willing to do anything that makes waves, but he is also completely outclassed by my supervisor. Also, small field means no options to find another supervisor.

better to kill mudscum than fellow whites and an hero'ing.

You are welcome. Feel free to bring any more questions to the table. I will be here for another 1.5 hours

>David Katz

Attached: David Katz was Jewish.jpg (1910x970, 479K)

my brother has schizophrenia and he went through a bunch of different anti-psychosis meds until he found one that worked. he would go on and off medication for years but every time he would start to hear voices. just glad he found something that worked since it's shit watching someone go through that shit. can't even imagine what it's like dealing with it knowing you can't trust your own brain

>Can a schizophrenic ever live a normal life without medicine?
Yes. But schizophrenia is variable
> I've been hallucinating since I was a kid
Before puberty? If so, that's not normal and might indicate you have a serious mental disorder.
> feel like shit, flat, and were actually a net-negative on my life
That's what SCZ meds do to you...

how is he supposed to maintain his NEET status if he doesn't collect disability?

Why is this thread so boring?
have a (You)

Attached: Eurochad vs Americuck.png (1200x1000, 335K)

Go away cia nigger, you glow in the dark motherfucker

>It's in the obscure and dead languages.
That's really cool. My grandfather studied the same, but Semitic context.

Shit well good luck. You don't want to burn your ties with your advisor but you need a parachute.

>Why is this thread so boring?
because it belongs in /adv

your mum belongs on Jow Forums so she can ask why her son turned out to be a faggot

I'm a girl and I'd rather get married than go to college and get a bullshit degree in STEM but my parents are pressuring me to. I'm depressed because I want a husband and kids. Wat do.

go to collage but make them pay and then just look for a husband

This
But all threads seems boring
all are either neocon american or slide threads
I will use this thread to shitpost

Attached: picture.png (302x324, 52K)

I sell industrial equipment for a living and I can tell you none of that gay shit resonates with me one bit.

I've had one psychosis due to using weed daily for a year. It gave me voices and paranoia. You need to interact more with others, because that's been my most effective cure. I don't know about you, but the voices can't talk when you're focusing on someone else's speech. There are loads of different meds, I agree they aren't good for you, but sometimes the cure isn't actually worse than the sickness. If you feel bad after taking whatever pill, don't take it anymore, but try it out atleast a short while.
Work out. I got scared to death that "they" were out to get pathetic disgusting weak me. If I had been a god black belt and could lift a few hundred pounds, I'd probably not have felt that way.
Good luck user, I hope to god I don't end up schizo, because then I might actually kill myself

>send her into the pits of hell to find a mate
great advice

DA JOOOOOOOOOOOOS
SAGE.

it won't resonate with strong, healthy men. But our western society doesn't produce those anymore. So you have retarded boomer therapists giving advice to retarded young men.

I've been through a lot since I turned 18. Almost as soon as I did, my father wanted me to get a job (I did), but I had a breakdown because I wanted to continue going through school and getting a degree. I pursued that, and when my grandfather passed, my father promised to pay for my student loans so I could complete my degree.

He died in 2015. He was the sixth one of my immediate family members to die from cancer in the four years prior. My dog passed that summer before he did. I was there in the room when they put her to sleep. After my father passed, my mother ran into the arms of another man who poisoned her mind. She began to have paranoid, psychotic delusions and eventually believed that I was stealing things out of the home to pay for a drug habit. (I never stole a damn thing. If I wanted to buy some weed, I made the money honestly or by selling some of my own possessions.)

She also told me I'd have to foot my student loan bill.

I left home to move 3000 miles away, with a friend who ended up booting me out after a week because she didn't clear it with the landlord prior to me coming. I asked my mother if I could come home.

She refused to even speak to me. My special needs brother is the one who picked up the phone."Not this home" is what she told me. That fucked me up. I told my brother I was just going to kill myself and hung up.

Eventually, she did let me return home. The accusations of theft continued, this man was still involved in her life, despite my repeated warnings about this man and everyone else around her telling her to leave him.

She didn't listen to any of it. Eventually, I ended up leaving home, and taking my brother out of the situation (She was abusing his benefit money, and abusing him mentally and emotionally.)

I now live on my own, and it's a daily struggle to stay sane. I have a job that I absolutely hate, and I barely make enough money to pay my bills, but I'm surviving.

Despite what the other gent has to say ceasing to take your SSRI’s will likely result in more problems than answers. It would be helpful to know which ones as some can cause what is referred to as a feeling of doom. As if the whole world is fucked and it’s only going to get worse. Now that isn’t the case obviously and you have a very unique situation here.

Most people that are treated with ssri medication went untreated for almost as long or as long as you as well. You say you’re worried about a stunted hippocampus and the ability to store long term memory. That is a very specific complaint. The fact that you’re holding a 4.0 is an obvious sign that you don’t have as much trouble as you think you do with long term memory. Now let’s cut the hippocampus out of the equation. That seems slightly speculative and almost as if you’re very worried about the social aspect of your life and have grown into a sort of ocd type behavior regarding it and the why.

Believe it or not - not everyone is incredibly social. Not everyone has a million friends. Most people forget how easy it is to make a new friend and it’s simply done through familiarity, accepting, and relating to your peers. Not everyone wants to be your friend. But friendship grows like a garden. You tend to it little by little and then you have everything you worked for to enjoy every day.

I would also speculate that you are still slightly depressed given the situation and there is no shame in that. I would advise you to look into joining clubs. It can be anything from chess, volunteering, to drama club. Whatever tickles your fancy.

The most interesting thing you’ve mentioned is that you don’t think you should be alive. That line of thinking is often a precursor to a lifetime of negative thinking (among other things such as substance abuse). I would encourage you to seek daily or bi weekly exercise specifically starting with cardio. I always recommend stationary cycling.

if you get brainwashed in collage/uni you are weak willed. it's a good place to look for a mate but a female needs to be prepared to support a male while he gets started, also I said only if her parent's pay for it. not worth getting into debt and this also get her folks off her back since they obviously are fucking stupid

>I've been through a lot since I turned 18
who hasn't you special fucking snowflake

Nah m8 I'm a legit schizo. I've been diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic. I've been on haldol, vraylar, risperdal, lilthium and other shit throughout the years. But it just makes me feel flat, dead, emotionless, no boner, ticks, etc. Right now I'm dealing with my audio hallucinations by blocking it out with music, my visual hallucinations aren't as bad and I deal with them my own way. I know it's hard to believe but even my doctors, psychiatrists, psychologists, case workers, are all surprised how "normal" I am. Most dudes end up in psych-wards or worse if they don't get medicated. Guess I'm a anomaly.

I've tried so many meds user. They all made me feel worse. At least right now I'm *somewhat* happy. When I was on meds I just wanted to sleep. Glad your brother is doing good. But yeah sometimes I wont leave my room for days out of fear. :( the hallucinations i can deal with them its just the paranoia that I can't.

Yup before puberty. I remember running out of my house thinking the chairs had been moved by a demon kek. Or being scared that my classmates were planning on murdering me or "exposing" me. One of my earliest memories was imagining dark figures standing over me as a kid trying to kidnap me. I know I have a serious mental disorder user. I just really want to try something different besides meds..

Get the fuck out of my thread faggot. You’re not welcome here nor are you paying attention. You are a very rare case of me recommending that you kys with haste. Faggot stewpot stirring sociopathic cuck boy.

>take drugs as suggested by a doctor
>get better
>people who have never taken them tell you to stop
It's all so tiresome.

>user. I just really want to try something different besides meds..
Lobotomy is your only option or wait until the meds get better.

>if you get brainwashed in collage/uni you are weak willed.
you were responding to a femanon, you silly fuck. they're all weak willed. how do you think feminism spread so rapidly. it was the indoctrination they got at university.

I struggle a lot with this sense of "am I a good person?" I've done some horrible things in the past. I was a huge narcissist and didn't believe that anyone else was worth my time or energy except to keep them in my life. I was an awful person. I constantly reflect back on that period in my life and constantly wonder why I was that way. I hate that version of me, and because of some of my actions during that period of my life, I've been permanently locked out of some people that were very important to me.

>take zombie drug
>alter your brain chemistry
>become zombie
>commit mass shooting

Why make such shitty thread

Attached: psychologist on his way to work.gif.gif (275x172, 1.92M)

>"am I a good person?"
there's no such thing as a good person.

It's definitely a secular religion, but what it is that made you so sure about the masturbation thing?

Fuck m8 if weed gave you psychosis then you were already predisposed to it. Stay strong and avoid all drugs. You've recovered but if you ever do something like meth or weed it could induce schizophrenia unto you. Ah man I'm bad with people. everytime i interact with someone i think they have bad intentions from *exposing* me to murdering me. i know its my paranoia but i can't help it. i was working out and boxing but these past few months i went down hill.. i just wish they had a med that could deal with paranoia that wasn't a SSRI or anti-psychotic

Jews are known to be prone for deep psychosis, "psychology" wouldn't have saved him.

not all women are weak willed. I agree the majority are but my advice will work for the rare good one. they would be doomed anyway to became a fucking crazy bitch anyway if they can't withstand people bleating shit at them

bump

the femanon you were responding to needs to go to church and find a decent guy or at least a guy who is trying to be decent, marry him and start a family. end of story. that's it.

I believe there are good people in the world. I try to give everyone I meet the benefit of the doubt and be helpful where possible. A lot of my happiness from late has come from helping others. There's a phrase that comes to mind for me.

"Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future."

The lesson I take away from that is that we can swing one way or the other, but there's always the chance to swing back, and change who you are. Change the impact you leave on the world.

That's driven me to be better. To leave my old self behind and re-orient myself.

yeah I feel for you, I used to think my brother was a cunt till I understood what the fuck was going on. then this light clicked on in my head and all his fucked up behaviour made sense

Damn. I'm sorry to hear that user. I don't know what to say, that is a rough hand you've been dealt.

You have batting cages in bongland?

I feel wary about getting a job because it would mean I'm aging. I have a soft spot for my late teenage years and sometimes cannot imagine time passing by or my parents being gone. It depresses me thinking about it. Such thinking kept me from getting a gf in highschool which would have meant me maturing and getting older.

learning to control your thoughts it a very specific discipline. you have to train to yourself to redirect your thoughts towards something positive. it takes time but it works and it's the only way to live. unless you want to take SSRI's and just shut down the synapses.

I'm a former mental patient and former gun owner. When I was admitted to the hospital to get treatment for my mental health issues, my state's police force sent me a letter telling me I had to forfeit my gun, which I did, even though it was one of the most humiliating things I have ever had to do.

My question is this: as a mental health professional, what is your take on mental health and gun ownership?

I am disheartened to see reports that David Katz had mental health issues. First, because his medical history should be private and is perhaps of concern only in a court of law when his case is adjudicated. Second, because most people who are mentally ill are a danger to THEMSELVES, and not others (esp. schizophrenics, which is what they made him out to be).

For the record, was never formally diagnosed, but have bipolar tendencies. My gun ownership and safe use taught me discipline and routine, which are two things they tried to instill during my brief stay in the looney bin. I think America is getting it wrong when they say that mental patients shouldn't own guns, and I'm unlucky enough to live in a state where you forfeit ownership once you've sought treatment voluntarily (thanks a lot, Hinkley!). The federal standard is involuntary commitment or "adjudicated mentally defective." Neither apply to me, but the state makes the laws where I live.

>i.t.t., libertardians who want "muh science" and to therefore go along with the degenerate trend, because they're too proud to turn to god through religion
You lads should try to enjoy the next 50 years of your mortal lives, because you won't be enjoying the next 50 thousand, at all.

Free trick

You have primary and secondary associations whenever you have conflict with the primary association search for the next one you make and feed that one.

>Nah m8 I'm a legit schizo. I've been diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic.
yes and im telling you that you are a complacent moron for thinking this justifies being an anti-person. just because you see and hear things that arent there doesnt mean that you must be chemically lobotomized.
the vast majority of police-protected murderers are what the psychiatric community would describe as successful and healthy.

Cynicism does lead to a life of negativity. Often fueled by much more than what you’ve described. I’m simply speculating here that you have felt the world has been against you at every turn for a very long time. The cynical mind attracts other cynical minds much like a narcissist attracts other narcissists. You must excel at something. Everyone does but perhaps they do not know what it is yet. You are in a rut and you need to find that thing you at excel at in order to satisfy the part of your brain that needs to feel accomplishment and greatness. College is a blessing and a curse. Viewing the world through a cynical mind makes it absolutely awful. This is a time to volunteer. Places such as food banks and what not. You’d be surprised what that little act can do to stimulate your mind in the most positive of ways. As for the military. You’ll be indoctrinated to fight whichever war they want you to fight. And you will be made to believe that you are one of the greatest people to have ever lived. The military will then leave you cold at the end if you choose to not re-enlist. However, there is a life in the military, often a good one if you can live long enough to retire. But for a 4-6 year stint you’ll probably come out more fucked up than going in.

Seek exercise and healthy food in the meantime mixed with a little volunteer work. The world is a big place. Do not let a few things limit your potential. Everyone has the potential to do great things and I believe you do too. I also believe that what you’re feeling is exacerbated by the college lifestyle. It’s just not something that you’re enjoying and it’s making it worse. That doesn’t mean drop out. Perhaps take classes later in the day when the older folks do as they are a lot easiest to stomach as opposed to the very young students.

she can do whatever the fuck she want's but churches are not filled with wholesome people anymore. they are attended by people who want to exploit the kindness of others and people too blind too see they are being fucked

>I believe there are good people in the world.
it's stupid and obtuse to put people into the category of "good" or "bad." because no one actually fits in them. everyone is some degree of bad and the worst people are the ones who reject that and try to be good, which is simply against our nature. the harder you try to be good, the more you'll realize you're bad and the more conflicted and fucked up you'll become.

Have you tried meditation? There is a technique called "mindfulness" that may help. Search for it on YouTube to learn more.

You’re a shining example of how well we can manage our individual requirements.

Self awareness will always be more important than self esteem. You seem very self aware and that is what keeps you positive and functioning in our dysfunctional world. Keep it up!!

>le mods aren't doing shit

>muh dik

There's this tea called tulsi, Indians use it for anxiety and I find it kills anxiety without being addictive.

>the harder you try to be good, the more you'll realize you're bad and the more conflicted and fucked up you'll become.

I believe that to an extent. During my narcissistic phase, I had part of the same mindset, I just lacked empathy. I didn't realize how harmful my efforts to 'be good' were. I take a lot of time to consider my actions, the ramifications, etc now.. It's lead to some paranoia (though that's always been there, desu, same with the anxiety), but with everything that I've gone through, I've become a lot more empathetic. If not for one of my friends and their family (I consider them a second family at this point), I don't know where I would be. I really don't.

Attached: 1430638792292.jpg (2560x1440, 891K)

people want to avoid bad thoughts because of how those thoughts make them feel. those bad thoughts linger because they never get resolved. The only way to resolve them is to confront them. Allow yourself to feel bad, let those feelings wash through you and then release them. feelings are wrong, they're just feelings. dwelling on feelings is wrong. dwelling on thoughts is wrong and unhealthy. once you resolve the feelings attached to the thoughts, you can move on and it helps to learn to redirect your thoughts so that you don't get stuck ruminating.