NPCs

Alright faggots, since none of you seem to be grasp what the study is about I will attempt to explain it to you. Here is a link to the study that the Psychology Today article was based on: hurlburt.faculty.unlv.edu/heavey-hurlburt-2008.pdf

In the study, 30 participants were given beepers that beeped at random intervals. They were asked to write down what inner experiences they had at the exact moment the beeper went off, specifically looking for 5 phemonena: inner speech, defined as "Speaking words in your own voice, usually with the same vocal characteristics as your own external speech, but with no external (real) sound or motion of the participants,"
inner seeing, defined as "Seeing something in imagination that is not actually present," unsymbolized thinking, defined as "Thinking a particular, definite thought without the
awareness of that thought’s being conveyed in words, images, or any other symbols," feeling, defined as any emotions, and sensory awareness, defined as "Paying attention to a particular sensory aspect of the environment where that sensory experience is itself a primary theme or focus apart from the object of perception." The study found that each of the five occurred in about 25% of the samples, but the frequency varied between subjects. 5 of the subjects did not report inner speech for any of the samples. The geniuses of Jow Forums have decided that because these 5 people were not conducting an inner monologue at any of the instants the beeper went off they are completely incapable of thinking verbally, and because of that 25 percent of the population isn't sentient.

Attached: Capture.png (779x378, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/user/thegoldengiraffe/submitted/.
stillnessspeaks.com/sitehtml/unknown/impersonallife.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why are npc threads being pruned?

Attached: nnpp.jpg (896x1523, 651K)

Attached: image.jpg (1280x828, 273K)

The irony is most of Jow Forums has autism, and autists are the ultimate NPCs

>That ID

Attached: bangbang.gif (342x342, 404K)

How come there's a concerted effort to keep these spam threads up even though everyone knows it's a psy op?

MOSSAD FALSE FLAG MASS SHOOTING INCOMING.

Attached: 1510617597266.jpg (1074x1177, 725K)

Hancuck

This is how people are organized by nature, not everyone can be leading the ideas. Otherwise it will be chaotic.

Who the fuck is going to have an inner experience over a beep? For how smart scientists are they are fucking stupid.

low quality and duplicates.

psychology is a meme science

Checked, can she be anymore perfect?

You some kinda NPC boy?

Attached: merchant npc.png (600x600, 183K)

>t. NPC

What I want to know is - how many of these empty shells were nigs?

Nice try NPC. Go back to your programmed routine.

probably not a lot since there werent very many of them in the study
>Phase II participants’ average age was 19.0 years (SD = 3.3 years); their racial/ethnic breakdown was 63% Caucasian, 17% Asian, 10% Hispanic, 7% African American, and 3% Native American

meant for

>For how smart scientists are they are fucking stupid.
You should put that on a bumper sticker

No you jackass that's your assumption. Fuck every single one of you book smart but not actually intelligent faggots keep on doing this. All fucking week hurr muh sample size hurr. It's an old meme from probably before you were even born on old /b/ and between the Reddit post about the Asian chick who taught herself to get an inner voice, that all of you faggots ignore, the meme itself, and the longstanding suspicion of many anons that this has been true, it's like a puzzle piece that has been missing has finally been found. You don't understand how many people are seeing past interactions with others and their odd reactions in a different light. Additionally, what you don't understand is that without inner speech a person cannot engage in self reflection on their own, and because they can't play devil's advocate against his or herself, they cannot consider an idea without accepting it. That's pretty damn impactful in the scope of politics because of votes.

If even one of them was a darkie, that would pretty much guarantee they're overrepresented in NPCs, but it's a too small of a sample size to draw any real conclusions.

Another thing. 9 of the participants didn't report sensory experience in their samples. Does that mean 30 percent of people don't have senses?

Uh, this is not new and has been known about for YEARS.

Google search:
>"organic portals" site:montalk.net
>"organic portals" site:truthism.com

Attached: image4.jpg (702x395, 30K)

Imagine it, though. College students who not once during the beeps said they were using inner speech. Not a single time. And that was 5 of them. And people in threads have basically proven themselves to be NPCs by being completely confused by the subject or openly saying they don’t think with words

>dude fuck reading comprehension lmao, who cares what it actually says if it's a "suspicion of many anons."
No, fuck you. "It's real because it fits my worldview" is bullshit.

How could people speak, understand speech, read, and write if they were unable to think with words? It doesn't make any sense.

If you need to process a fucking beep by thinking with words, you're the moron.

The ones who respond nonsensically but honestly think they made sense and get mad if you don't respond back too.

>Implying you didn't just misrepresent my post entirely
Every fucking time. I'm so tired of you faggots. You have no honesty in you. You can't win by being honest and you know it, so you always, always, ALWAYS do that instead. Fucking rats.

How do 4 year olds use speech and understand words without an inner voice? They’re guided by intuition. They just say and do things, but it doesn’t mean they’re self aware of any of their thoughts

It’s not about only being able to inner speech to think. It’s about not being able to subvocalize which literally makes NPCs on the same level of consciousness as animals

Pol losers always grasping at straws so they can dehumanize others, thus feeling less pathetic in the shit environment they call a life.

Attached: E3A9873A-AAA7-475F-BFDD-37F25E534D25.jpg (390x801, 40K)

You've got it backwards. People that have shut out the Matrix or that were born naturally outside of its influence are the sentient ones. The rest of you think you're thinking, but you're just complying.

You shouldn't have to hear your own thoughts.

Argument from ignorance, by an ignorant anti intellectualist. Whew.

Why is this NPC speaking?

wait, are you saying that people cant do the 5 things in the study? no way subhumans like that actually exist

>Whew
And anyone who actually reads my post will find that you're a lying cunt.
U dun goofed outsider. Nice job.

What's an NPC?

It's understandable that some pathetic incel hiding behind a screen would formulate his worldview around feeling superior for having to think in words every time he performs a basic task.

>no way subhumans like that exist

Heres a rare one that evolved

Attached: 1536467151837.jpg (931x486, 148K)

>Why is this NPC speaking?

I don't know but we should kill it before it becomes any more sentient

Attached: 1532419197318.png (500x853, 243K)

the NPC concept is a workable way of seeing the world, and it's older than this inner speech meme

You "triggered" a programmed response I asume, lel.

Attached: npckot.png (267x785, 93K)

Your "inner voice" is an AI that thinks it's god.

NPC spotted

If you still don’t understand what people are calling an NPC then you are one. You don’t have to think everything you do in words if you have an internal dialogue. It just means you’re able to think on a higher level than an animal

Because they're fucking gay and retarded and a forced meme. I can't believe someone figured out something gayer than Shrekposting.

These idiots think people who hide from the Matrix or were gifted with a natural tendency to be ignored by it are somehow less sentient than they are because they aren't listening to the program.

Attached: malfunction.jpg (234x264, 11K)

I never liked the "npc" label even if we assumed some people have no internal speech, because to even realize you have no internal speech is to be a player character. A real npc would tell you they have internal speech like the rest of us, they would be just following protocol though, it wouldn't be true

BTFO by

>The geniuses of Jow Forums have decided that because these 5 people were not conducting an inner monologue at any of the instants the beeper went off they are completely incapable of thinking verbally, and because of that 25 percent of the population isn't sentient

Well, yes. There's only three ways to stop the inner monologue:

1. Death
2. Being an actual enlightened saint who has transcended the human state
3. Being an animal without a soul

The mere notion that there's an absence of THINKING in any situation is so foreign that it is in fact not human

who cares

that person is mentally ill, look at their account reddit.com/user/thegoldengiraffe/submitted/. It's ridiculous to assume billions of people are like that.

I love the inner voices as I am never lonely

The simulation theory and matrix shit is muddling and killing the great NPC meme. They’re not literally NPCs, they’re just not able to think thoughts to themselves

>2. Being an actual enlightened saint who has transcended the human state

Everyone is this. What you call a "natural human state" could not be more unnatural for all of us.

What's with all this shilling for/against NPCs all of a sudden?

NPCs = leftists. This is fact. Rest of us are sentient beings.

Does Jow Forums actually have autism? I thought that they were just bigoted and mean and used "autistic" as an insult.

>NPCs = leftists
so it's just another insult for leftists like s*yboy, cuck, numale, bugman?

The NPC thing isn't literal, it's basically just saying their thinking is more akin to an animal than a normal human being.

>truthism.com
why do fucking Hoosiers always insist on using eye-raping shit colors desu cuck smdh baka

Thanks man. Plus the sample size was really small and it was all university students. So I wouldn't put much stock in the results. However, after I read about this, I straight up asked my mom if she ever thinks in word silently to herself and she said no. So it seems like some people do think in words, but not silently.

dear god.

No, it means leftists are basically mob characters and Jow Forums has to figure out the requirements to get to the next level under the assumption that this is a game with obstacles.

>They’re guided by intuition. They just say and do things, but it doesn’t mean they’re self aware of any of their thoughts
Does not follow. You can be aware of your wants and needs without having them verbalized. More importantly, you also haven't shown that young kids in fact don't use inner speech, or that there is any evidence for a link between inner speech and awareness/mindfulness at all in general. You have all the work ahead of you, yet I still see threads such as these shat full with premature conclusions.

You still don’t get it, do you? You’re an NPC so this is pointless in me telling you, but you don’t have to have an internal dialogue to know you don’t have one. They’re not robots. They’re people who don’t have an internal monologue, so they’re not self reflective and they have no agency (picture your typical nigger). You don’t need to have inner speech to respond to questions or speak. You can do all of that by intuition

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA YOUR MUM IS AN NPC LOOOL

I also call the demons, retards, brainwashed or good goys. But... yes, NPCs are leftists and niggers and sandniggers and satanists.

Attached: npckot3.png (267x785, 113K)

NPC is halfway amusing because it can be memed with fallout screenshots.

I think it also nicely sums up Jow Forums's regard for the low-IQ hordes.

>repeatedly calling me an NPC
Almost like a programmed response to anyone disagreeing with you...

I remember when I first had inner speech. I was a young child, reading to myself before bedtime. Suddenly I discovered I could read the book without speaking out loud, instead speaking in my head. I ran and told my parents, all excited, about this discovery. Pretty sure they had no idea wtf I was talking about, lol

NPC is the No U response of 2018

You can add reading comprehension to your lack of inner monologue you fucking NPC. The beepers beeped at random intervals, they weren't causing the inner experience, but were prompting them to record their inner experience a the time of the beep. The idea was as they sat there for a while waiting for a beep, just to let their mind wander, and then when the random beep came through, to record what they were doing in their head just prior to that moment.

Hahaha those fucking NPCs. They will never know what it's like to be superior like us real humans.

I’m calling you an NPC because you don’t get what an NPC is. If you weren’t an NPC you would’ve figured out what everyone meant by now. But I guess this is like trying to get through to my dog talking to you

This is getting crazy. Growing up I've always been fascinated how if you close your eyes and are in a dark room you still see a light and it's coming from the back of your head almost like you can look inwards.
It's amazing how niggers will kill someone even people close to them for something like a pizza or shoes even with security cameras around like they don't think past the next 4 minutes.
I've always tried to talk to myself and plan things out since i started reading things like the secret teaching of all ages. In high school and before it was all about being entertained by the newest hit single or whatever. This was before everyone was on their phones numbing their inner voice.
Im considering going back to this self research but i just freaked myself out around age 25 and stopped. I turned even more catholic ( i grew up catholic but it was never more than a chore but after a close encounter with death and now with other problems i know that god is with me behind me in front of me and within me) and now i feel like i am supposed to focus on my goals and later become a part of the church.
Lately I've been seeing a bunch of palindromes and squared and cubed numbers

Attached: Screenshot_20180908-024733_Mimi.jpg (341x182, 12K)

There aren't any. You're here as long as you chose to be. You just forget that you have a choice so you keep coming back.

We're reaching nuclear levels of cope. Look, it's like I already said, no inner voice, no introspection ability. No self-reflection ability. And without that, the person cannot consider the idea without first already accepting it.
So in all actuality it's the reverse of what you're saying, because without this ability, technically they would be the ones trapped in the matrix because they don't think, they just react to stimulus and that response is a stimulus that they were trained into compliance.

the voice in your head (whom you think is you) is just your brain speaking for you - without the brain thinking is impossible, there's something beyond it which is what user is alluding to. You shouldn't have to subvocalize but that's what we've gotta deal with.

have you guys been able to speed up your own thought process? i was able to speed it up 2 times in my dreams.

I honestly like the term. It sums up the vast majority of people perfectly.
Appears to be human, appears to act human but there's no soul to anything they do or say, it's like they are running off some unseen script, just completely nonthinking, nonfeeling, completely inconsequential background characters made to make the world feel more lively than it actually is.

also the first part of this pdf goes more into depth about what I just said
stillnessspeaks.com/sitehtml/unknown/impersonallife.pdf

>you don’t get what an NPC is
It's a meme peddled by autists on Jow Forums to feel suprerior. It's logical when you think about it. Dislike someone? Call them an NPC instead of expending effort to trying to argue with them, and feel smugly superior for when they don't interpret your dumb meme the same way you do, which must surely be the single correct way. This is all hilarious because just a week ago you wouldn't be calling me an NPC, but now you feel like you're in some kind of intellectual clique because you read about a shitty study, which probably helps you compensate for the fact you were never in any cliques at school and had to sit on your own in the corner. Pic related is you.

Attached: look-atthese-people-glassy-eyed-automatons-going-about-ther-dailyuves-never-1186459.png (500x555, 96K)

I know what you're talking about and I think you're giving that guy too much benefit of the doubt. That post was loaded af.

its not that hard to do, you can turn off your inner voice anytime you want it just takes a bit of concentration

i dont have to think words in my head, i just do. thinking about everything is for faggots

I hope you retards realize that thinking most people around are aliens who behave strangely is the key symptom of asperger's.
You're not special, except in the politically correct sense.

Attached: 1489668204679.png (274x298, 156K)

The NPC threads are an op to paint you all as psychopaths.
But you retards never listen to me...

Attached: how autists think.png (1302x504, 213K)

>We're reaching nuclear levels of cope
>dat projection

Keep telling yourself it's normal to hear your own thoughts, in words. Enjoy the language.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

Nice projections. You’re missing a simple meme and warping it to your weird theory. It’s just a meme that some people don’t use inner speech. They don’t have any self awareness or thoughts of their own. You’re over complicating it, and if that’s really your understanding then you’re an NPC

God Almighty give me strength, why do so many jackasses go hurrr I don't have to think in words. You fucks keep on thinking that everyone is saying hurrr you don't think in words 24/7, you must be npc hurrr. NO YOU MORONS. The problem is when you don't have a previously established frame of reference for what you're hearing or reading and have to process it as is, which is often the case in politics, when people listen to what someone is saying in a speech or something that is told in the news. If there's no introspection, then there is no consideration without already accepting. If you can't see how dangerous that is, you're probably retarded.

>You're an NPC
>NO! YOU'RE AN NPC
>Your MOM IS AN NPC
>SAY WHAT!? You double NPC
>That doesn't even makes sense
>Sure does, you're just too NPC to get it!
>OH YEAH! You're a Nigger-NPC.
>MooOOOOOOOM, he said the N-Word!!!

...I like where this is going....

Attached: 1536431230129.jpg (250x208, 5K)

>NPCs
How comes this old meme pops up again

>its real because muh feelings
sounds like something nigger would say

This world needs more of you.

Attached: 1533259603766.gif (600x600, 3.77M)

If you don't instinctively know, if you don't *feel* that 25% of the population isn't sentient, perhaps you're closer to that 25% on a spectrum. If you look into the dead fish eyes of some head-full-of-corn-syrup space taker, some shuffling tube that turns chicken wings into shit for 60 years until it poisons the graveyard with it's remains, if you gaze into the half-present flesh of an NPC and insist it has thoughts or a soul...

I just dunno what to tell you, bruh.

Attached: zombi.jpg (720x960, 98K)

No. NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Stop spamming this!

Attached: Hades.gif (250x148, 488K)

Its actually around 66.6% of humanity that arent sentient. The thing is that you wont meet many.

>+1 misrepresentation of my post
Wew

The npc talk on pol does ring true to me on some level but when I read the article I did not understand how it lead to the npc conclusion, its not a correct extrapolation, but because the npc concept rings so true to us we just wanted to believe and we went with it.

I do believe that some people are less conscious than others but this study does not prove that.