I cant shut my brain off ----INTP--- literally the antithesis of NPC

a quote from an INTP person on reddit

I find video games are a good way of drowning out my thoughts. INTP minds always have to be stimulated and always threaten to go into nuclear meltdown if we don't continue to feed them. So video games + favorite music generally provide enough for me. Well, enough for me to not go into nuclear meltdown. Just like Mr. Bones' Wild Ride, the ride never ends. The thinking never stops. The INTP brain can never completely shut down. It is a monster that you must always feed with something, and it prefers that that something be fresh and new.

I just got a real job finally, after moving east coast to west coast with family, granted its CSR shit with training from 4AM-12:30 for 4 weeks before normal hours

I am suppose to be all i n my head like, "yay a job, ok let's chill its sunday and tommorow it starts" but its more like

"no, you did your foreign language practice, you should be progressing in the Python Programming class you signed up for online, and also doing the pre-uni online calculus course from EDX. Also, you really should start learning to cook.

FML

Attached: fren.jpg (125x125, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

keirsey.com/temperament-overview/
youtube.com/watch?v=iozAFIr3BEw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cool blog. You might want to check out
Or better, go to feggit

good point....fuck me i keep acting like Jow Forums is the entirety of Jow Forums.... out of love ironically...

most traffic though...thinking like the other boards are alien races

sorry

Attached: chadcomingthrough.png (620x350, 192K)

INTP is the second from the right, but INTJ is Far right

Attached: npcrealize.png (6448x1327, 1.89M)

INTP and INTJ are both complete spergs that never stop thinking
The difference between them is that they're thinking in completely opposed directions

>memeflag
>browses reddit

If you cannot control your mind you are a vessel for demons, you are merely a medium for society's memetics. You are no better than an npc.

MBTI = Astrology

Attached: 1536499532699.jpg (750x588, 61K)

Yum.

Yeah INTP thinks outwardly and works it’s way in

Thanks mods

Problem with this intj/intp stuff is obviousness of test. You choose the answers that you think represent you, and here it fails.
Imageboards has a lot of types that like to think about themselves as cool, rational, logical, emotionless. And fitting answers are easy to spot. You construct your perfect self with it, not test actual personality.
To be actually accurate, it has to be conducted by other people on you, in less perfect environment than your own imagination, like making decisions in an live-acted experiment.
That way it might be less biased, and will decrease actual amount of "int-"s.

I go through my day doing all the shit that I need to do, the things that I find that are boring and pain in the ass as well as some little fun things. But in the end when I sit down it feels like everything I did meant nothing the past is the past I am in the now, I don't have proof the past happened and I don't feel like the past even really happened therefore is there really any past? I always think about every movement I do as well as every action I see other people doing the tone of speech the eye flicker the decision they will make everywhere in school buses in shops I observe and soak it all into my brain understanding why everything happens, yet I feel like nothing is real, i'm here doing things and thinking about thinking and realise that I truly have not felt happiness since when I was a child when my dopamine levels were through the sky, then I truly felt happy I knew about nothing I just existed every stupid thing I found fun, now when I learned and understand how things operate it feels like everything really is nothing.

Listen to audiobooks or podcasts, my mind wanders heavily if I'm not doing something and takes effort to stop it from doing so. Legit don't get the introspection meme that weed smokers talk about, if anything it makes it way harder to turn it off, im assuming that most people are not as introspective as I am. Not trying to jerk myself off here btw, completely serious.

You used to pay attention to things that were exciting. Now you have conditioned your mind to pay attention to things that have gone wrong. Your choice. You can recondition yourself whenever you want.

>Look how smart I am teehee, it truly is a burden having a mind that needs constant intellectual stimulation

xNTx - or "rational" temperment are player characters

everyone else is an NPC type

Jow Forums is extremely dominant in the "rational" type even though this type is the smallest category overall (5-10%)

the largest category are "guardian" type (45%-50) - they are the conformists of society

more on Kiersey temperments: keirsey.com/temperament-overview/

there are other sites that heavily slant "rationals" - another I visit regularly is earlyretirementextreme.com

Attached: 4pol meyers briggs breakdown.png (509x739, 39K)

short description of each temperment

Attached: kiersey typology.png (975x739, 50K)

retard

ISTP's can be not npc too. I'm an intj by the way.

I'm an intj rational and a liberal. Conservative/alt-right ideology is pure nonsense. Look up Shaun, hbomberguy, etc on YouTube and get redpilled

Agree on this as well as many if not all NF-Idealists, but I have to say those poll numbers seem out of proportion. I'd bet good money a lot of ENTJs and ENTPs are mistyping as INTJs and INTPs due to being societal misfits, which can show up as effective introversion during these tests. With ENTPs in particular, since they lead with Extraverted Intuition (i.e. exploration of new concepts), it really makes no sense that they would make such a relatively small number here where political ideas are out of the norm and new memes are constant.

No u

Nigger I don't know about MBTI but astrology is as real as physics.

Any INTPs work out a solution to our laziness? I can think stuff and make great plans but rarely do I ever execute them.

>Python

why?

ENTPs are 4.5% of the population, and 9% of the population here according to that small sample size. That's a 100% overrepresentation so it's a relatively large number, not a relatively small number.

Attached: entp superiority.jpg (707x490, 59K)

no thanks jeff

take the unofficial ADHD test
youtube.com/watch?v=iozAFIr3BEw

>Python
most popular choice for beginners these days

>a bloo bloo I'm living my life
congrats user now stop complaining you're here

accessibility, ease, use in industry from engineering to math to data science

getting a head start has its advantages

I really like this NPC meme. Is it triggering people?

Just because he needs stimulation doesn't mean he's smart. Remember that.

Attached: PeriodicUncommonGoldenmantledgroundsquirrel-size_restricted.gif (500x281, 3.85M)

>liberal
>Red pill

Thats not how it works stupid fuck

I mean vs the other Rationals. Assuming you're using personalitymax as your source here, these are the overrepresentation ratios for the Rationals, given the numbers in the strawpoll:

INTJ: 28% vs 1.5% = ~19:1
INTP: 30% vs 2.5% = 12:1
ENTP: 9% vs 4.5% = 2:1
ENTJ: 8% vs 4% = 2:1

This is the part I find hard to believe given that ENTPs are so heavily oriented towards seeking conceptual novely. Don't know enough about ENTJs to comment on them really.

dude get redpilled based onions boys are bugmen reeeeeeeeeee get off my board Jow Forums lel gb2 red*t

Only way i stop thinking is tetris when i get in my groove. I got 400k points on NES tetris but its been a few years. Otherwise i never stop thinking.

you could be right that extraverts are mistyping as intoverts. Especially ENTPs which are often described as "the most socially introverted of the extroverts" I'm an ENTP myself and while I am very extroverted, I don't need social interaction at all.

Attached: entp introverted.jpg (840x1014, 151K)

You just have to just pick a thing and decide that you care. I decided to learn japanese and ive been practicing average 45 minutes for two months. Really weird since ive been really lazy all my life but i found a fire in my belly that makes me like it. This might not sound super helpful but you just need to figure out how to create a fire in your belly that pushes you to do the thing.
Its not something you can tell someone how to do in words.

I made youtube comment about these personality types while ago them being not real. The NPC stuff is still interesting dont get me wrong. But the way people go about saying Im this or that personality type becomes self fulfilling prophecy and people start to trick themselves to think in this paticular way. Might have even answered the questions of the test with some bias.Answering questions hyperbolic way to get the most "intellectual" personality type possible.

I always end up with INTJ when I try those tests, but in reality, I'm a low wage laborer that likes pot and vidya and rock n roll. But my mind is constantly churning with inner dialogue and ideas that I don't have the means to put into reality.

Jow Forums isn't a place of conceptual novelty. The ideas that this place represents remain mostly the same from one year to another. While Jow Forums attracts Ne dominants, it's not that good in keeping them attracted.

>churning with inner dialogue and ideas that I don't have the means to put into reality.
bitch you can't pirate a copy of photoshop and make memes out of your ideas? Have some agency, brother.

But how can some else answer this questions if no one knows me even close enough? How can an introvert have someone tell the test how he is? This wouldnt work.

Touché

Weed is the friend of the INTP, it’s the only thing that stops the madness.

my brother is an INTP and he has inner demons for sure. He also has terrible luck with women even though he is highly successful in his career, 6.3 and above average attractiveness.

But makes you even more of a shutin as INTP.

So many cringey INTJ/INTP’s in here. That’s the personality type of most communists you retarded faggots. ISTP is the most logic oriented personality, just look at their preferred jobs.

>That’s the personality type of most communists
Its the type of most extremists on boths sides.

>. That’s the personality type of most communists you retarded faggots.
>xNT
>communists
Communists think with their feelings, then apply reason and logic, you massive faggot.

Whereas we apply reason and logic, then feelings.

it's fucken true. INTJ with INTP wife.

lol no, it only makes things worse
t. INTP who smoked weed for 3 years straight

Everyone is driven by emotions and feelings. An NT is driven by curiosity for knowledge, not a logical necessity for knowledge.

That sounds like obsessive compulsive disorder or anxiety, not a personality quirk.

It's true, it's so fucking reletable.

Most of the games i play are braindead is so i can give attention to my thoughts instead of my mechanics

NPC - normal productive citizen

PC - pathetic cuck

Attached: VIRGIN NPC.jpg (2648x1327, 647K)

>tfw growing up I was obsessed with data, statistics, factoids, etc.
>tfw now I'm a "racist" because I like taking data seriously and using it to make my decisions

:(

An outsider is going to be less biased. No one ever diagnosed themselves as stupid. But people around them can.

A psychiatrist with 16+ years experience required for full tenure is probably going to do it better, than someone who has a vested interest, and emotional investment to the result.

They can't catch everything, but they'll give you a rough idea. Myers Briggs is pseudoscience anyway, and psychiatry is such a disagreeable, constantly evolving field that you can't expect consistency or predictableness.

you dont seam to realize hat your thoughts are a tool. nothing more nothing less.

What games? The only one I keep coming back to is minecraft.
Care to elaborate? I've never quite grasped the difference between INTPs and Js. From the several tests we've taken I'm a J and my brother is a P so I recognize there are massive differences, I'm just not sure how they fit into the Myers Briggs model.

Attached: bus.jpg (568x600, 228K)

kek at pic

Didn't see your question. INTPs create theories, concepts and frameworks. INTJs refine and implement them.

>6.3
How do you know his cock size fgt?

I do this autistic thing in shovel knight where i do the tower challenge over and over again. I became so good at it that i basically complete it 90% of the time with my brain turned off.

They don’t create shit, both of those personality types are for “people” who are literally robots. ISTP is the craftsman/creator personality type.

>I can shut my brain off
that's called sleep

the green diamond in the sims is for the player character though

I'm also an INTP, that's what I get every time I take the MB test. Don't be a sucker and fall for the NPC meme, we are better than that. The intuition hears without ears, sees without eyes, and understands what the mind cannot comprehend.

Attached: rererererereschsaschs.jpg (750x756, 186K)

this. I hate these personality tests because it gives people an excuse to jerk off about what a special snowflake they are
>hurr my type is only 1% of the general population no wonder I have no friends I'm so misunderstood
fuck off faggot. everybody is misunderstood.

There's no such thing as an NPC. You're all taking a single—not yet repeated—study revolving around beepers and misinterpreting it. There are people who are impulsively simple people cemented in a permanent state of stupor because of being poorly raised or development defect. There are neurotic wrecks whom endure constant, unceasing chatter punctuating every budding thought. Comparatively, in equilibrium, exists those in healthy balance. Either absolute diluted in their purest form are hellish.

However, and that's a big "however", if we're going to butcher the notion and take it to the nth degree into simulation territory. I'm all for that and the thought makes me absolutely excited.

Attached: 1531281686393.gif (800x792, 922K)

As you wish. You don't seem to provide much substance to discuss over.

I have this problem. I cant stop thinking, at all, ever. I'll have to find random shit to think about to keep my mind occupied.

Sounds about right - my bro is a CS guy working on datacenters at google. I studied ME and am now in the air force.
Sounds like my bro - the dude loves rhythm games, I swear he's reaching almost Korean levels at Osu.
Damn near every person I've heard mention the MB test claims they're an INTJ. I'm not sure if their rarities are totally off or if it's just confirmation bias stemming from the only people who talk about MB are the ones who think they're snowflakes.

Attached: 1532194658851.jpg (1276x715, 313K)

INTP = schizoid lost in his own head
INTJ = that fedora tipping asshole who only speaks up to tell normal people God isn't real and prayer does nothing

your are doing it wrong: stop.identifying.with.your.mind.

NPC apologist

Oh right. I've never played it. I guess it still imparts some automaton sentiment tho, right?

An INTJ will try to guess what will happen. An INTP will try to explain what happened

Hahaha stupid nigger communist, you’re not intelligent and your personality type can easily be replaced with a robot.

licky my flapjacks and gaze at these digits

Literally this

Attached: 86A3EF31-A1BD-4264-A202-4C14726FDE52.png (962x726, 962K)

a quote from a Capricorn person on reddit

I find video games are a good way of drowning out my thoughts. Capricorn minds always have to be stimulated and always threaten to go into nuclear meltdown if we don't continue to feed them. So video games + favorite music generally provide enough for me. Well, enough for me to not go into nuclear meltdown. Just like Mr. Bones' Wild Ride, the ride never ends. The thinking never stops. The Capricorn brain can never completely shut down. It is a monster that you must always feed with something, and it prefers that that something be fresh and new.

I just got a real job finally, after moving east coast to west coast with family, granted its CSR shit with training from 4AM-12:30 for 4 weeks before normal hours

I am suppose to be all i n my head like, "yay a job, ok let's chill its sunday and tommorow it starts" but its more like

"no, you did your foreign language practice, you should be progressing in the Python Programming class you signed up for online, and also doing the pre-uni online calculus course from EDX. Also, you really should start learning to cook.

FML

Intps and intjs are overrepresented on the net because those are the types that enjoy forums and blogs.

I spent my high school years imagining what I would do on Runescape once I got home.

Go on a gun forum or skilled trade forum and it will be full of ISTP’s

>letting your thoughts control you instead of controlling your thoughts

you are the NPC

seriously, why do women do this? i'm not objectively unattractive and i shower daily. usually i take the bus home during rush hour after work and the women always sit next to the fat slobs or general undesirables.

Attached: 3C459FF5-2D6E-467B-9C38-175A685BB866.jpg (261x360, 23K)

You are copypasting a reddit post about astrology. Is this peak Jow Forums?

I like how both INTP and INTJ are wizards in this picture

Attached: fe6.png (2318x1024, 177K)

I’m same, it is the torment we must endure for the glimpses of insight that we get which make it all worth it. I just deal with it by working hard, working out regularly and reading spiritual as well as technical materials. Go by /x/ a bit of you haven’t yet, people think it’s dumb but it’s one of the most woke boards on here, and will give you a lot of new material.

Attached: EF935B67-7B1D-425A-B626-BF251BC9BF7A.jpg (947x836, 239K)

They are intimidated by you

I wish people knew more about it, but it's best not to spoonfeed people

Dolph suspects that you are perfectly normal

Attached: Dolph-Ziggler-On-Mic-1[2].jpg (1024x683, 69K)

listen