If you like death metal (especially the more technical sides) then you are autistic

>inb4 fuck you

I'm a technical death metal drummer, and I can see that I will never fit into normie humanity ever again. Once you learn to think in tech death (day to day events inspire you to think about sweep guitar and blast beats) you will never go back.

Think about it. You see something that inspires you, and in your head some insane death metal is playing, but some normie will get inspired, and imagine some dog shit rap song, or katy parry pop garbage.

Any way, if you truly enjoy technical death metal, then there are parts of you that are just not compatible with normies. You can fight it, but it will never go away.

Attached: dana laugh.jpg (292x219, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_FBwVRNOL70
youtube.com/watch?v=2FxmGlNxoe4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Normie music and entertainment teaches you to center your perception and feelings around what is "cool"

"Cool" is this artificial construct designed by capitalists to replace Merit. There is the real objective world of merit, where what you care about is based off of what is truly good, then there is the artificially constructed realm of "cool", where everything that is important in this world view is not based off of merit.

"Cool" is an alternate reality constructed by capitalists, and if you don't operate based off of what is "cool" then you must be locked into the world of Merit.

Metal fans live in a merit based world (objective skill on an instrument. Either you can play sweeps at 280 bpm or you can't) Where people who listen to pop music and rap live in a "cool" based world (Subjective opinion regarding whether or not the latest rapper is talented. No objective measure of worth, everything is decided by opinion).

excuse me nintendo
what the fuck is this text

Metal music is objectively mathmatically good (like classical) whereas hip-hop can only be seen as "good" through a subjective lens.

"cool" people live in a world of subjectivity, whereas a classically trained musician at least has an understanding of objective merit.

Someone please PROVE to me based on OBJECTIVE evidence that KODAK BLACK IS GOOD. (pro tip, you can't)

It's the same old shit ever again
>UUh POp is JuSt for reTARds lamOO why cant tHeY HEAR the same MUciuc I HEAR
Everyone says the exact same thing since the dawn of fucking music. People talked shit about the Beatles, people talked shit bout Led Zeppelin. Get over it.
>Bu-But they're not the same!
The answer is the same, so frick off

youtube.com/watch?v=_FBwVRNOL70

There's nothing more relevant than results, is hip hop effective enough, sort of is.

this but with more profanity

death metal is awesome man c'mon :'(

There is no objective merit based system of ranking for modern music. Prove to me that Miley Cyrus has musical talent. What is objectively good about her music?

With metal bands can play measurably faster, measurably more accurate, measurably more techincal in various different categories. You have been trained to have no objective understanding of good, because pop music isn't measurably good in any objective way.

Classical music was objectively good in various measurable ways. Opinion shouldn't have anything to do with things being good or not.

Music and art shouldn't be subjective, and in the past they weren't. It's a capitalist scheme.

>tfw I like house music because I am a degen

Attached: 1506588701738.jpg (403x333, 15K)

IN CLOSING.

"Cool" didn't always exist. In the past, either you had merit, or you didn't. Now we have this abstract concept of "cool", where people are manipulated to agree that some bald criminal wearing jewelry yelling about being a criminal has merit some how. It's brainwashing, and it's so effective that only absolute autists like me can see it. The ruling class has separated merit from objectivity, which as a result has allowed them to select who is meritorious, and what merit is.

It allows them to select our role models, and in turn to control the masses with the narrative of what is currently "cool".

sounds like a pretty uncool conclusion tbqh

>what is objectively good about her music
Nothing. Just like for every music ever. Every 'objective", quantifiable element you could calculate in a piece of music is by default arbitrary. You basically draw a line in the sand and pretend that good music needs this, this and that.

>With metal bands can play measurably faster, measurably more accurate, measurably more techincal in various different categories
I never said the contrary. Obviously good metal music requires a lot of skill and mastery to make, and one could very well argue more skill than a pop song. But I'd say pop requires another skill: perfecting the pop formula itself. Consider the following: why is it that pop songs are so popular? Is it because there is something that most people instinctively appreciate in this style of music? And if it is, do you really think big producers just tumbled upon it by accident? I'd say no: they perfected this craft, and they milk the fuck out of it until people get bored. It happened with rock in the early 2000, and we've hit PEAK TRAP right now, so the wheel is going to turn again, a new genre will rise, and the same cycle will repeat itself.

>Music and art shouldn't be subjective, and in the past they weren't. It's a capitalist scheme
Art is subjective. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Who are you to say that something is not good? You just apply your own perspective and bias on a whole spectrum of cultural creations, and based on your subjective perceptions, say what is good and what is bad. having you preferences is fine, and you are entitled to think pop music is lazy and boring. And, I would honestly agree. But what I don't agree with is when you say that it is 'objectively" good or bad. This is bullshit.

ok but does listening to video game OSTs make me autistic

Attached: 5262DA45-A85E-4EBA-B1A3-483138330B68.jpg (300x300, 51K)

depends on the game
if you just listen to the tetris theme on repeat you might be an aspie

ok but what about Climb Up and Get the Last Chance! on a 30 minute repeat while weightlifting and running?

Attached: 07ED463D-4052-46E4-814C-1F175CAA9E04.jpg (256x192, 44K)

Everyone grew up with games: be it m*llenials, Gen X , Y Z beta or whatever the fuck, you grew up with games. So yeah, most people listen to OST.
My favorites are the songs from the Halo franchise: Combat evolved and 2 had some of the bets songs I've ever heard in a video game, not because they are catchy, but because they still send a chill down my spine all these years later

Pop music is objectively bad.
It doesn't matter that objectively bad music had existed before.
Now get some non-shitty music taste and stop listening to some loser talking about his drug addiction with background music.

that's definite autism but the good kind

see this
>implying I listen to pop
lmeo

Are you 15?

nice
I still listen to music from twilight princess from time to time. Just a game that stuck with me at that age

Attached: F9DC219C-5A93-4523-942C-58FFE57F47D4.jpg (562x646, 88K)

>why is it that pop songs are so popular?
Not because they have any musical merit for sure.
There is nothing musical about it.
People just listen to it because they heard it on some movie or some advertisement or while shopping clothes.
It is just this familiarity.
They don't know how to get to real, actual music so they just listen to the crap by some boyish looking untalented musician because they heard it somewhere else.
This music is objectively bad. It has no merit at all. There is no "craft" behind it. It is just predatory pandering.

Attached: smells like pretence in here.jpg (257x196, 6K)

>Pop music is objectively bad
There is absolutely nothing wrong with noise pop and dream pop.

Attached: Patlabor 101.png (651x500, 441K)

You very clearly skimped over most of what I said, and just repeated the same dumb shit without taking a split second to re-evaluate your position, so yeah...
Please go suck a fat one and come back when you'll be less underage

>You very clearly skimped over most of what I said
No.
But let me directly adress it then:
Art is not Subjective
Art does not lie in the eye of the beholder.
This is not a disagreement over which taste is better, people have different tastes
But the problem here is that this "art" is consumed by people who don't even know if they like the music

Then please tell me, O grand master of Music, God of Music, Muse, what are the objective criterion of Music?
And if you know them, why are you not making some yourself and get massive success with your deep and infinitely good art?

Reductive thinking like this is the kind of dumb shit backward people said about every new movement. Take some fucking perspective and grow up.

As far as metal goes, I listen to Tool and some stoner metal. Am I a normalfag?

Take the 32nd Sonata of Beethoven for example
See how much you can dissect each motif, each melody. See how much thought he put into it and made music that is 200 years beyond his time.
Compare this to some shitty modern music that has to literally edit the music files to make them more compact to be heard
With the musical knowledge I have I can already write music way better than some Selena Gomez can write in a million years. But how will that compare to the genius of the classics?

Are you saying music has to be complicated to be enjoyable?

Oh wowzie wowzers, It's almost as if you just picked an element you thought made this song good and think to yourself: "If I like this one because of this, then it must mean everyone must like it as well and every music ever should have this!"
Your brain still hasn't assimilated the concept of subjectivity or individuality. You quite literally have the mental ability of a 3 year old when it comes to applying judgment upon yourself. Grow the fuck up already

There is no such thing as complicated music
But you can definitely see how good a piece of music is once you dissect it into the basics.
>Your brain still hasn't assimilated the concept of subjectivity or individuality
You can perfectly see the individuality of people in actually well-made music
In modern trash music there is no individuality. Just what the record-companies allow.
So it is pretty much the other way around.
So tell me, why should I care about "growing up" into a culture made for subhumans?

And apparently you don't even have simple reading comprehension. Looks to me like a lost cause.

Attached: 1494282513680.png (1021x990, 700K)

>There is no such thing as complicated music

Attached: Deq43xNVAAA_rBR.jpg (898x790, 55K)

>"""he""" complains about pop music but hasn't taken the art-pop pill and its various sub-genres
point and laugh
youtube.com/watch?v=2FxmGlNxoe4

Attached: Kino 135.png (551x480, 321K)

>Listens to video game OSTs
>Listens to anime OSTs
>Favorite legit genre is EDM (specifically bass house)

How autistic am I?

approximately 37.5